Author Topic: started doing burpees, gets the heart pumping like crazy.  (Read 9133 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: started doing burpees, gets the heart pumping like crazy.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
Because conditioning movements like burpees makes the difference in fights.  How many big strong 240lbs bodybuilders can't fight 160lbs guys because of a lack of conditioning?  Strength is just one part of the puzzle.  Strength without conditioning is worthless. Running, jumping rope, burpees, biking and body weight exercises will put gas in your tank so your not breathing like a race horse after wrestling/boxing for one minute.

How come every time you see idiots doing all these stupid weird movements they are always twinks?  I mean seriously........who cares how great they are for cardio.........you never see big dudes like Bill Pearl, Arnold, or other muscle guys doing shit like that.  I get it if you want to be in shape............go jump rope, ride a bike, or run.  burpees???? Just another twink movement for guys justifying their twinkiness.  

Like all the stupid morons in the gym doing isolation after isolation exercise and still look the same they did last year.  

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »
How come every time you see idiots doing all these stupid weird movements they are always twinks?  I mean seriously........who cares how great they are for cardio.........you never see big dudes like Bill Pearl, Arnold, or other muscle guys doing shit like that.  I get it if you want to be in shape............go jump rope, ride a bike, or run.  burpees???? Just another twink movement for guys justifying their twinkiness.  

Like all the stupid morons in the gym doing isolation after isolation exercise and still look the same they did last year.  

same as cross fit people

given they are not juiced which is 80% of bodybuild and pro sports

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
i found myself a little out of shape cardio wise, so i started doing burpees. i started with 5 sets of 5 with about 30 seconds rest between sets. kicked my ass the first time i did them. trying to go up one rep each set. today i did 6 sets of 7.

my heart is pumping like mad. i have been reading more about them, they are called the best bodyweight excerise.

today i did 25 minutes on the treadmill, was barely sweating. did my 6 sets of burpees, and i was drenched.  judo.
yaa..........that shit is no joke. I took a boot camp class, only lasted the first 20 min, went outside and puked my ass off.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »

good training music for yall

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 07:28:28 PM »
try a 100 in a row - not fun
Bangin your head into the wall a 100x isn't fun either, BUT I don't advise it.
I do burps and fart at the same time for my cardio...not burpees

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
now what is interesting is that if volume is they key to being buff n fit then all u gota do is do 100s n 100s of burpees

get ripped n huge

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
Haha no one has answered the question.  Everyone doing burpees in these videos are fucking twinks.  That's my point.  And I guarantee you I'd rather be large and in charge in a fight and strong as shit than be able to do fucking burpees.  Adrenaline will take care of whatever lack of conditioning a big guy has, and the average fight only lasts a few minutes.  We aren't talking about competing in MMA you fucking retards.  Some of you can't fucking think.  If I'm going to train to fight I'm going to get in a ring and fucking fight and roll around on the ground and hit a fucking heavy bag.  I'm not going to bother doing fucking lame ass body weight exercises like burpees.  Did you see Stallone doing fucking burpees in Rocky IV?  LMAO!  Fucking fags on this board I swear.....leave it to a fucking overweight spider bitten diabetic to defend an exercise like burpees.  Haha fat ass can't even walk to the fridge without having a heart attack. 

And judochoke there is no excuse to be big and out of shape.  You can look like Steve Austin and be in shape. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
Because conditioning movements like burpees makes the difference in fights.  How many big strong 240lbs bodybuilders can't fight 160lbs guys because of a lack of conditioning?  Strength is just one part of the puzzle.  Strength without conditioning is worthless. Running, jumping rope, burpees, biking and body weight exercises will put gas in your tank so your not breathing like a race horse after wrestling/boxing for one minute.

And I've seen PLENTY of bigger guys knock and smash the shit out of 160lb guys.  I'm not talking about bodybuilding big anyways....I'm just talking about being a big dude...and just because you're big you don't have to be out of shape.  Strength and size matter in a fight, probably more than speed in many cases.  I'd rather be able to bend a frying pan and push some fucking twink across the room than be able to do 50 burpees in a row. What's conditioning matter when some 250lb guy with the forearm strength of a gorilla grabs your little 5 inch wrists twists you up like a pretzel.......I'm sure all those burpees will come in handy. 

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
all that crap with littel guys beatin big is marketing

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »

WTF is that ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

newmom

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »
WTF is that ???

I dunno, but I could give him some great shaving tips..

Kidding Tallgerman, it's a nice picture

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »
Go to any prison in California and you will see countless people that can knock out sets of 1000 of these. I've seen guys do these all day in the snow in Susanville. And thats no BS!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

who is the chick with the hairy chest
No Worries 4 me

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
Go to any prison in California and you will see countless people that can knock out sets of 1000 of these. I've seen guys do these all day in the snow in Susanville. And thats no BS!
Does PRAXIS mean Jailyard bottom ?

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 04:26:12 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
When I was involved in the early days of training at Renzo Gracies' dojo about 17 years ago it was so common to see a really big guy come in to roll on the ground.  It happened time and time again seeing them repeatedly tap out and never come back.  The guy we would put them against weighed a giant 145 lbs.  He was'nt just good on the ground but could punch like mule.  Size matters but if you think a 400lbs bench and 250lbs on the scale is everything you will be humbled some day. Strength, endurance, conditioning speed, and knowledge combined makes the difference. If you're breathing like a race horse after doing 15 burpees or running a mile you're in no condition to fight anyone.

And I've seen PLENTY of bigger guys knock and smash the shit out of 160lb guys.  I'm not talking about bodybuilding big anyways....I'm just talking about being a big dude...and just because you're big you don't have to be out of shape.  Strength and size matter in a fight, probably more than speed in many cases.  I'd rather be able to bend a frying pan and push some fucking twink across the room than be able to do 50 burpees in a row. What's conditioning matter when some 250lb guy with the forearm strength of a gorilla grabs your little 5 inch wrists twists you up like a pretzel.......I'm sure all those burpees will come in handy. 

spinnis

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
How come every time you see idiots doing all these stupid weird movements they are always twinks?  I mean seriously........who cares how great they are for cardio.........you never see big dudes like Bill Pearl, Arnold, or other muscle guys doing shit like that.

maby they are doing it for CARDIO and dont wanna be as "big as arnold"

have an open fucking mind will you. not everyones goals are the same.

spinnis

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »
When I was involved in the early days of training at Renzo Gracies' dojo about 17 years ago it was so common to see a really big guy come in to roll on the ground.  It happened time and time again seeing them repeatedly tap out and never come back.  The guy we would put them against weighed a giant 145 lbs.  He was'nt just good on the ground but could punch like mule.  Size matters but if you think a 400lbs bench and 250lbs on the scale is everything you will be humbled some day. Strength, endurance, conditioning speed, and knowledge combined makes the difference. If you're breathing like a race horse after doing 15 burpees or running a mile you're in no condition to fight anyone.

just ignore him.
I have no idea while he keeps posting after being proven to be such a retard time after time after time.

And I love how he mentions twinks all the time , well I guess its ok because judging by his photos hes huuge!!    ...Oh wait

spinnis

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »
If you're at the point of actually getting Upset over other people not sharing your "dreams" in life. But they still end up healthier then yourself (hence this isn't about FAT people) you really need to sit down and check yourself because you're an awfully unhappy and negative person.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »

haha oh brother..........yeah really?  And I've probably seen more 250+ lb big corn fed fucking brawlers throw your average tapout wearing BJJ guy into a wall or out the door.  Putting a big guy in a BJJ ring is not the same as putting a 145lb BJJ twink in a bar fight.  Trust me I'd rather be that 250lb big guy who's in shape AND strong as fuck instead of some little tweaker who can do 100 burpees and punch fast.  LOL.  Maybe instead of spending all your time in a dojo you should bounce at a big club or bar and you'd see what I mean.  But while that bouncer or bar brawler is actually getting into real fights that little BJJ geek is perfecting his "technique" and doing endless numbers of burpees.  LMAO!