Author Topic: Keith J.: R.I.P.  (Read 1957 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Keith J.: R.I.P.
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
I just want to offer respects and condolences to Getbig's own Keith D. Jones.
Keith was always very kind to me on this site, and we’d exchanged a small number of very humorous and informative PM’s over the last several years.

Keith had some minor dealings with wrestlers and the industry throughout the 80‘s and early 90‘s, and he personally knew Brian Adams (and others) to a degree from his time in Hawaii.

I’d invited Keith to share some stories down here on our board, especially since I knew he’d be spared the shit-flinging that is so common upstairs - and I‘d told him as much.
He said he’d check it out, but I know he got quite busy with “life” shortly after, and I noticed him logging in less and less frequently.

Thanks for being a good guy, Keith!!
Rest in peace.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=362253.0

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Keith J.: R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
R.I.P. We all know his favorite of all time was Venom Vince Versace.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »
R.I.P. We all know his favorite of all time was Venom Vince Versace.

LOL!!!

He practically BEGGED me for a picture of Vince G. in gear.
I told him I was probably a little too far north to have experienced "the venom," but I searched my ass off, scouring the web.
I searched countless site galleries of various Carolina indy promotions just to see if Vince was inadvertently included in any.

I knew it would make the big man's day to receive one such pic. in his inbox.
I'm sure where he is now, they have better search engines, and I can't wait to see the shop jobs awaiting us on the other side! :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »
RIP....sad shit. Very sad.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
I always loved Keith's posts- I always felt kind of bad for how flamed he'd get on the G&O board; still, he kept coming back for more, so he must not have minded.  Does anyone have any of his stories involving wrestling they could share?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 09:45:24 PM »
Shit, I hadn't seen this yet, I don't really go on the G&O much anymore.  He always seemed like a nice guy, enjoyed himself and got on with it regardless of when idiots tried to wind him up, and some of the threads where he was messing with Vince were gold.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »

Posted on the G&O thread too.

Still really sad about it. Have told a few folks about it even though they aren't into BB.

My condolences to his family.

:-[
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 04:22:02 AM »
Posted on the G&O thread too.

Still really sad about it. Have told a few folks about it even though they aren't into BB.

My condolences to his family.

:-[

That's interesting because quite a few people have done the same thing.

I saw the thread upstairs a few days ago and dismissed it as bullshit, but when I saw it reach 16 pages and the title hadn't changed, I checked it out and signed it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:58:32 AM »

That's interesting because quite a few people have done the same thing.

I saw the thread upstairs a few days ago and dismissed it as bullshit, but when I saw it reach 16 pages and the title hadn't changed, I checked it out and signed it.

That's too bad. Did he have health issues? I know he did TO and he's been missing for a while on here.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:16 AM »
I always loved Keith's posts- I always felt kind of bad for how flamed he'd get on the G&O board; still, he kept coming back for more, so he must not have minded.  Does anyone have any of his stories involving wrestling they could share?

Every now and then, he'd mention a thing here and a thing there.
Keith knew a lot of people.
One of his buddies was a writer for the Fed.
He commented a bit on Crush Adams' passing.

One of the things about Keith is that he had so many posts, it'd take forever to search through them.
But, as was so common with the man, many of his stories were quite entertaining and enlightening.

If I come across any some time, I'll post them up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 05:35:53 AM »
That's too bad. Did he have health issues? I know he did TO and he's been missing for a while on here.

There's quite a bit to the story, but briefly:

Keith had been bitten by a brown recluse spider years ago and almost lost his leg.
The immediate, physiological reactions were horrific - the site of the bite took on a grotesque appearance and he'd been very ill in the hospital for several weeks; maybe even months (I can't remember).
He did get "better," but the long-term effects saw a dramatic deterioration in his overall health, including depression and a seriously adverse impact on his metabolism.

Keith had always been a big guy - above the 300 mark - and the pounds he packed on after the spider incident saw him rise above 400.
He made several attempts to get back into shape the last few years, but recurring health issues would always intervene.
Frankly, he was lucky to simply have been alive, but his life would never be the same again.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:55 AM »
There's quite a bit to the story, but briefly:

Keith had been bitten by a brown recluse spider years ago and almost lost his leg.
The immediate, physiological reactions were horrific - the site of the bite took on a grotesque appearance and he'd been very ill in the hospital for several weeks; maybe even months (I can't remember).
He did get "better," but the long-term effects saw a dramatic deterioration in his overall health, including depression and a seriously adverse impact on his metabolism.

Keith had always been a big guy - above the 300 mark - and the pounds he packed on after the spider incident saw him rise above 400.
He made several attempts to get back into shape the last few years, but recurring health issues would always intervene.
Frankly, he was lucky to simply have been alive, but his life would never be the same again.

Holy S**T!! That is spun!