Author Topic: To all getbig collegiates..  (Read 5965 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: To all getbig collegiates..
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »
Computer science was so competitive that, even though I was actually pretty good at programming, I realized I would have to spend lots of time practicing so that I could do the test problems with absolute confidence and not make even the tiniest error.

I wanted to lift weights instead.  ::)

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
English major from good university.  :(

I'll be applying to a grocery store tomorrow.
Congrats man. I am currently unemployed myself after being let go from an awful sales job. I am fighting not to apply to these shitty jobs but i don't know how long i can hold on. My pride is keeping me from doing it. I am even getting turned down for jobs that only require a GED. Applied for a phlebotomist the other day. I am probably going to have to go back to school eventually. Thinking about nursing or something. I just don't want to get myself into any debt. :(

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »
Same here man.  No debt, and don't want any.  Got let go from an absolute joke of a job where, in reality, my "duties" were sitting on a couch and trying not to fall asleep while obese morons circle jerked over their musical taste all day.  But anyway, my parents are getting frustrated and I want to get back to living with friends so... night shift grocery clerk, here I come.  I can think about the future after I get out of this horrible house!!

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
English major from good university.  :(

I'll be applying to a grocery store tomorrow.

Fools!  A competitive go-getter can parlay any degree (or no degree) into a successful career.  If you are simply depending on your degree to make you marketable or competitive then you are indeed average and will have an average (or worse) career.  Bah!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
Fools!  A competitive go-getter can parlay any degree (or no degree) into a successful career.  If you are simply depending on your degree to make you marketable or competitive then you are indeed average and will have an average (or worse) career.  Bah!

Not everyone spends their days wondering how they can trick people into giving them a good job.

Some of us spend them browsing getbig! :D

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
Same here man.  No debt, and don't want any.  Got let go from an absolute joke of a job where, in reality, my "duties" were sitting on a couch and trying not to fall asleep while obese morons circle jerked over their musical taste all day.  But anyway, my parents are getting frustrated and I want to get back to living with friends so... night shift grocery clerk, here I come.  I can think about the future after I get out of this horrible house!!
Don't be embarrassed at all man. Ironically a couple years ago i was making fun of someone on this board for working double shifts at walmart (they are reallt a cell phone chip designer after some further research.. just a crude racist mexican joke) and sure enough, i ended up working nights there. Fucking awful job. Worst place i have ever worked. I promised i would never return there and now im sending off resumes trying to get into their corporate head quarters..... My advice to anyone in college now is get a skill. Do not get any degree where you actually learn critical thinking like a liberal arts degree. GET A SKILL

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
Don't be embarrassed at all man. Ironically a couple years ago i was making fun of someone on this board for working double shifts at walmart (they are reallt a cell phone chip designer after some further research.. just a crude racist mexican joke) and sure enough, i ended up working nights there. Fucking awful job. Worst place i have ever worked. I promised i would never return there and now im sending off resumes trying to get into their corporate head quarters..... My advice to anyone in college now is get a skill. Do not get any degree where you actually learn critical thinking like a liberal arts degree. GET A SKILL

I have friends who are going this route and i feel very sorry for them.  :-\ :-\ My buddy went to a GREAT SCHOOL and he is working at 7-11 barely making rent.  :o :o
D

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »
Fools!  A competitive go-getter can parlay any degree (or no degree) into a successful career.  If you are simply depending on your degree to make you marketable or competitive then you are indeed average and will have an average (or worse) career.  Bah!
Fact of the matter is i have had many people tell me i am smarter then most of the people in positions that are higher up the totem poll. My problem is im not going to lie or over exaggerate where my strengths are in a job interview. I don't have that kind of confidence and i don't feel like i have to lie or blur the lines. Because i don't know how to bullshit i will probably struggle. Degrees are useless. No one wants to train anyone. In generation nothingness they want skilled workers to have 5 years experience immediately coming out of college. I know idiots from the business college singing 2 years deals with companies paying them 50-60k a year and these guys are stupid, yet they will get the training and the big salaries because of the degree// connections.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
Fact of the matter is i have had many people tell me i am smarter then most of the people in positions that are higher up the totem poll. My problem is im not going to lie or over exaggerate where my strengths are in a job interview. I don't have that kind of confidence and i don't feel like i have to lie or blur the lines. Because i don't know how to bullshit i will probably struggle. Degrees are useless. No one wants to train anyone. In generation nothingness they want skilled workers to have 5 years experience immediately coming out of college. I know idiots from the business college singing 2 years deals with companies paying them 50-60k a year and these guys are stupid, yet they will get the training and the big salaries because of the degree// connections.

I feel like I'm in your exact situation.  I'm confident I could do great at many hard, high paying jobs if only someone wanted to train me etc. but my weakness is not being very ambitious when it comes to career goals and jobs, also lacking the type of social skills that benefit career minded people.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
I have friends who are going this route and i feel very sorry for them.  :-\ :-\ My buddy went to a GREAT SCHOOL and he is working at 7-11 barely making rent.  :o :o
My mind set was always that if i was passionate about something and pursued it hard enough id make money at it. I like reading books, summing up key points, writing papers, etc. If i could go back and do it again id probably choose nursing... It is a stressful job but i think it is the future of medicine. My friend is doing it and has 50000 a year and pays 400 in rent with no utilities so he does pretty good for himself. You can take it to a higher level and make close to 6 figures with it. I don't know if i could handle the stress though.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 04:59:10 PM »
I feel like I'm in your exact situation.  I'm confident I could do great at many hard, high paying jobs if only someone wanted to train me etc. but my weakness is not being very ambitious when it comes to career goals and jobs, also lacking the type of social skills that benefit career minded people.
My resume is also very weak. I was working with a guy who a few years ago was working for Edward Jones managing 10 million in assets. He quit because it was an over glorified sales job and told me how shocked he was at what kind of monkeys his coworkers were. People throw money at you and they were investing it anywhere they wanted. The investors made their money and burned holes through other peoples pockets. He said he felt guilty and eventually had to quit due to the lack of sales and picked up a job elsewhere.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »
It's finals season.... don't spend too much time posting on forums, be ready and perform on tests.

Doing well in school is you main tool to succeed in life, build a career and reach your full "potential".

all this coming from the guy who's life is the biggest joke on the board.
b

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »
Don't listen to these lies. They are only partially true. I went to school for 4 years... graduated before most people in my class. Could have done it in 3 if i put the first under my ass. I made a 3.75 gpa my last 5 semesters. I am currently jobless and looking. My degree is useless. If you have a useless major, quick, switch to engineer, info sys, or business. Everything else is useless. No one will hire you in the land of the lame brain unless you have one of these degrees or something close to it. The business college was collaboration of skanky cum buckets, pot heads, and idiot frat boys. These are your future leaders and bosses. I had never seen a bigger group of idiots in my life but these are the people getting the jobs. These are the people who know how to bullshit with people. It is a frustrating reality but is fact.

QFT. I'm currently studying mechanical engineering because its a safer bet to get a job after graduation. My good friend who graduates this year got offered 88k/year to work as nuclear engineer at 20 years old. And even some of my friends who graduate this year have 45-55k/year job offer with shit GPA's like 2.7's 2.6's.

Alex23

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »
"you main tool"

sounds like you didn't follow your own advices chubby

my oversized GHed thumbs don't do well for posting from my droidX..

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
It's finals season.... don't spend too much time posting on forums, be ready and perform on tests.

Doing well in school is your main tool to succeed in life, build a career and reach your full "potential".

;D

college degrees these days are what a high school diploma was 20 years ago.

Alex23

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 12:12:36 AM »
wow.... cheer up dudes... didn't realize how much of a downer this place has become...

going to school for 4 years and not working in your field sucks.. but at the same time, lots of people get into a program just to get into a program (some 'cause they wanna bang some chick, guilty as charged biochemistry one semester and great Lebanese pussy for a solid 3 months)

But honestly, timing is important; I started undergrad in 1995 with the intent of graduating in biochemistry/pharmaceutical, always had a nac for science; also started programming when I was 11yo... so first part time job was coding projection analytics for a financial firm.... at the time $25/hr was pretty decent for a freshman... so after a semester, and seeing senior in math/CS/engineering move to Silicon Valley one after another and starting at 85-90k, it quickly clicked.... 3 years later I moved to the valley and started at stanford grad school in electrical engineering computer science... graduated, joined informatica, went IPO literally weeks after...

the rest is history...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
you have been very fortunate alex

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »
Political science and a minor in middle eastern politics and history

You sound tailor made for the spook trade.  No joke, try the CIA. 

Alex23

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »
you have been very fortunate alex

For the last 10 years, I've done the best I can to inspire others through various ways.

There's people out there with the solution; they need to be inspired and brought to the path of knowledge.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:51 AM »
For the last 10 years, I've done the best I can to inspire others through various ways.

There's people out there with the solution; they need to be inspires and brought to the path of knowledge.

Do your subordinates at work call you King23?

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »
Don't listen to these lies. They are only partially true. I went to school for 4 years... graduated before most people in my class. Could have done it in 3 if i put the first under my ass. I made a 3.75 gpa my last 5 semesters. I am currently jobless and looking. My degree is useless. If you have a useless major, quick, switch to engineer, info sys, or business. Everything else is useless. No one will hire you in the land of the lame brain unless you have one of these degrees or something close to it. The business college was collaboration of skanky cum buckets, pot heads, and idiot frat boys. These are your future leaders and bosses. I had never seen a bigger group of idiots in my life but these are the people getting the jobs. These are the people who know how to bullshit with people. It is a frustrating reality but is fact.

actually you are the one hiding the truth. useless degrees have always been useless. anyone can "do a degree"... its only those who "do a degree that is challenging and worthwhile and has job prospects" that find success.

the problem is, the cutoffs and competition for those is high and tough. Thats why alot of people end up with useless degrees and have no job.

one thing u write that is true, is that business grads do end up being the boss and controlling your destiny in the real world. A bunch of dumb ass losers who cruise through a simple 3 year "degree" and then walk in and call the shots over PhD gurus with 40 years experience- mess up a business and get fired, then next week pop up in an even higher position, on more pay, in another company.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 02:44:06 AM »

Doing well in school is your main tool to succeed in life, build a career and reach your full "potential".
;D
Like you?
Marry a coloured, get obese, use 10 gimmicks on  a bodybuilding site, become impotent through steroid abuse...

Alex23

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »
Like you?
Marry a coloured, get obese, use 10 gimmicks on  a bodybuilding site, become impotent through steroid abuse...

Bawawawa news for you juicehead.. ... yellow is a "color" as well...

Does your wife knows you're a race traitor self hater or ?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
A college education imparts a patina on a person that indicates a quality beyond just a bank account...The old fashioned term "scholar and a gentleman" springs to mind,...if you have matriculated at a university and don't know what this term means,... my heart bleeds for you.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 04:39:13 AM »

Bawawawa news for you juicehead.. ... yellow is a "color" as well...

Does your wife knows you're a race traitor self hater or ?

No people are yellow you fat loser
Your wife is a negro, a coloured, a darky, a monkey, a black
You are obese and more than likely unemployed, how else could you spend all hrs of the day on here with ur gimmicks
You fucking loser, hated on an internet forum
I hope ur parents die a slow painful death