Author Topic: Police Depts have a new ride, Get Familiar!  (Read 1590 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Police Depts have a new ride, Get Familiar!
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Police Depts have a new ride, Get Familiar!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
Looks like I got to find a 1969 Dodge Charger Hemi to getway from these guys. 8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:26:47 AM »
I'd be interested in the power to weight... Most Police Cruisers are heavy as shit.

Cages, guards... armor... Trunk full of shit.

That's heavy crap.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:30:26 AM »
I'd be interested in the power to weight... Most Police Cruisers are heavy as shit.

Cages, guards... armor... Trunk full of shit.

That's heavy crap.
And reliability in the long run with a Twin Turbo V6, how will it hold up, especially in the cold and hot environments...how will the HPFP hold up?

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »
This Jaguar obviously had too much power to be controlled by our highly skilled police forces...

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:27 AM »
And reliability in the long run with a Twin Turbo V6, how will it hold up, especially in the cold and hot environments...how will the HPFP hold up?

The HPFP failure really only applies to BMW's.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 01:47:08 AM »
I remember the Carbon E7 which looked  pretty innovative for a cop car.

One version of the Ford Interceptor is based on the Taurus SHO which has 4WD and it should give it an advantage over the traditional RWD vehicles.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:49:46 AM »
The HPFP failure really only applies to BMW's.
I was wondering if the 3.5 TT V6 in the Ford taurus has a HPFP, don't know if it does or not, but since Turbo engines don't hold up as good as NA engines, I wonder in long run will there be issues---intercooler, turbine, etc?

BTW, what do you think of the unvieled 1M? Anti-climatic? Will you try and test drive one?

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:13:14 AM »
I was wondering if the 3.5 TT V6 in the Ford taurus has a HPFP, don't know if it does or not, but since Turbo engines don't hold up as good as NA engines, I wonder in long run will there be issues---intercooler, turbine, etc?

BTW, what do you think of the unvieled 1M? Anti-climatic? Will you try and test drive one?

Overall NA motors are more reliable, but turbo motors can be very reliable as well. Look at the VW/Audi FSI 2.0 in the GLI, TT, Gti, etc.. It just depends and BMW's N54 motors are awesome they have far too many problems and I have no doubt they won't last in the long run.

The 1M is going to be great, still don't like the looks, it did run a 8.13 or something like that. The car is going to be rare. If I can get my hands on one I'll definitely test drive it. Doesn't seem to rev that high for an M car, redlines at 7K

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »
I've seen police with the charger, corvette and trans am.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 02:25:04 AM »
Overall NA motors are more reliable, but turbo motors can be very reliable as well. Look at the VW/Audi FSI 2.0 in the GLI, TT, Gti, etc.. It just depends and BMW's N54 motors are awesome they have far too many problems and I have no doubt they won't last in the long run.

The 1M is going to be great, still don't like the looks, it did run a 8.13 or something like that. The car is going to be rare. If I can get my hands on one I'll definitely test drive it. Doesn't seem to rev that high for an M car, redlines at 7K
Remember this is Ford we are talking about, Audi, VW are meant to run all day on the Autobahn...although Ford did have Turbo cars here in America, for instance the first  Ford SHOs and the Thunderbird SCs...I think this is a unproven realm for them...or they might be usig the PDs as test beds for the engine and chassis...did you hear how the marketing guy said that the SUV and the sedan have the same performance...yeah right...

Yeah, apparently the US will get 1000 1Ms...they may produce more, once tooling is up.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:46 AM »
Remember this is Ford we are talking about, Audi, VW are meant to run all day on the Autobahn...although Ford did have Turbo cars here in America, for instance the first  Ford SHOs and the Thunderbird SCs...I think this is a unproven realm for them...or they might be usig the PDs as test beds for the engine and chassis...did you hear how the marketing guy said that the SUV and the sedan have the same performance...yeah right...

Yeah, apparently the US will get 1000 1Ms...they may produce more, once tooling is up. 

The fact that it's not a Ford engine actually says a lot.

The SHO had a Yamaha motor in it and it was solid as a rock and at the time would eat Ford 5.0s for Breakfast.

If Ford went with this engine build themselves and you see this car coming after you, just put your foot down... Odds are it will blow up and you'll get off scot-free .

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
The fact that it's not a Ford engine actually says a lot.

The SHO had a Yamaha motor in it and it was solid as a rock and at the time would eat Ford 5.0s for Breakfast.

If Ford went with this engine build themselves and you see this car coming after you, just put your foot down... Odds are it will blow up and you'll get off scot-free .
Im anxious to see how the new 3.5 TT engines hold up...
Because the new Taurus, while it's big, is not like  the one I used to have, which was the first gen...