Author Topic: Wrestlings greatest showings of strength?  (Read 1396 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Wrestlings greatest showings of strength?
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
Sorry if this has been previously, however seeing things happen in ring that defy belief never cease to amaze me. What would you consider wrestlings greatest showings of human strength? I contest the Hogan / Andre slam @ WM3 because it had been done before by wrestlers that had never been hyped up to be a superhero with super strength. So to begin, in no particular order:

Goldberg hitting the Jackhammer on The Giant (props to Wight for his part however)
Davey Boy standing up from all 4's with Vader on his shoulders (he also caught him in the corner with ease, walked to the center and slammed him)
Lesnars debut - he throws Spike up so high its ridiculous!
Takers tombstone on Kamala & Mark Henry (perfect control of men that big)
Big Shows effortless chokeslam on Kane

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Wrestlings greatest showings of strength?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36:12 PM »
John Cena giving the FU to Viscera.  And I remember him getting both Big Show and Edge up there, but I think Edge jumped off?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:28:38 AM »
Hogan's 87 slam and Warrior's 89 Andre slams are a lot more impressive than the early 80's andre slams by people like stan hansen and harley race as Andre was considerably heavier when Warrior/Hogan slammed him. hell, early 80's andre still ran into the ropes LOL.
Flower Boy Ran Away

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »
Andre/Hulk meant more for wrestling however, I always thought when Goldberg Jackhammered Paul White was the best. Lesnar f5 and Cena Fu on Big show was good to but not as impressive strengthwise. One I always remember was when Goldberg threw the Stieners sidekick referee from the middle of one ring all the way in the middle of another in some kind of 3 ring match. He literally picked him up over his head and launched him. The others mentioned in this thread were great also though.
TEAM LESNAR

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
john stamboli aka rellik gorilla pressing rikishi has to be up there.
F