Author Topic: Bachmann gets on Intelligence Committee  (Read 3504 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bachmann gets on Intelligence Committee
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »
I'm surprised you would argue that point, considering obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »

Why?  Her record is miles above and beyond his. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »
LMAO So you think obama is qualified then?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »
From Wiki. 
________________________ ________________________ __

Early life

Bachmann was born Michele Marie Amble in Waterloo, Iowa, to a Lutheran Norwegian American family who moved from Iowa to Minnesota when she was young.[3] After her parents divorced, Bachmann's father, David John Amble, moved to California, and Bachmann was raised by her mother, Jean (née Johnson), who worked at the First National Bank in Anoka, Minnesota.[3][4] Bachmann grew up in Anoka, graduating from Anoka High School in 1974. She graduated from Winona State University and later received her J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University and an LL.M. degree in tax law from the College of William and Mary's Marshall-Wythe School of Law.[5][dead link] She was a member of the final graduating class of Oral Roberts' law school, and was part of a group of faculty, staff, and students who moved the ORU law school to what is now Regent University.[6]

From 1988 to 1993, Bachmann was a U.S. Treasury Department attorney in the US Federal Tax Court located in St. Paul. According to Bachmann, she represented the Internal Revenue Service "in hundreds of cases"[7] (both civil and criminal) prosecuting people who underpaid or failed to pay their taxes.[8] She left her government position to become a full-time mother.[9]

[edit] Family life
Michele married Marcus Bachmann. They have raised five children (Lucas and Harrison (sons) and Elisa, Caroline, and Sophia (daughters)) and provided foster care for 23 other children.[10][11]

Bachmann and her husband own a mental health care practice in Stillwater.[12] Bachmann also has an ownership stake in a family farm. Her holdings in the farm are worth up to $250,000, and generated annual income ranging from $2,000 a few years ago to up to $50,000 in 2008. In the period from 1995 through 2006, the Bachmann family farm as a whole received $251,973 in federal subsidies, chiefly for dairy and corn price supports.[13]

[edit] Early career
Bachmann had grown up in a Democratic family, but says she became a Republican during her senior year at Winona State. She told the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune that she was reading Gore Vidal's 1973 novel, Burr: "He was kind of mocking the Founding Fathers and I just thought, 'I just remember reading the book, putting it in my lap, looking out the window and thinking, 'You know what? I don't think I am a Democrat. I must be a Republican.'"[3]

While she was still a Democrat, Bachmann was involved in anti-abortion activism. She and her then-fiance Marcus were inspired to join the pro-life movement by Francis Schaeffer's 1976 Christian documentary film, How Should We Then Live?. They frequently prayed outside of clinics and served as sidewalk counselors in an attempt to dissuade women from seeking abortions.[14]

The first time Bachmann's political activism gained media notice was at an abortion protest in 1991. She and approximately 30 other abortion opponents went to a Ramsey County Board meeting where a $3 million appropriation was to go to build a morgue for the county at St. Paul-Ramsey Medical Center (now called Regions Hospital). The Medical Center performed abortions and employed abortion rights pioneer Dr. Jane E. Hodgson. Bachmann attended the meeting to protest public tax dollars going to the hospital; speaking to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, she said that “in effect, since 1973, I have been a landlord of an abortion clinic, and I don’t like that distinction.”[8][15]

In 1993, Bachmann and other parents in Stillwater, Minnesota opened New Heights Charter School. The oversight of New Heights soon encountered problems when a group of concerned parents and the school district questioned if the insertion of Christianity into the school's curriculum amounted to using public tax money to fund a religious school.[16] One such parent, Denise Stephens, a longtime Republican, charged the board of directors of the school (which included Bachmann) with trying to set up classes on Creationism and advocating that "something called '12 Christian principles' be taught, very much like the 10 Commandments."[16] According to Stephens, school officials also refused to allow the in-school screening of the Disney film Aladdin, saying that it endorsed witchcraft and promoted paganism. Along with other directors, Bachmann appeared before the Stillwater School Board to address the parents' concerns. According to Stephens, Bachmann became angry and asked, "Are you going to question my integrity?", before she and four other members of the board resigned on the spot.[16]

Bachmann became an outspoken critic of public education and opponent of Minnesota's Profile of Learning and School-to-Work policies. In a 1999 column, Bachmann said: "School-to-Work alters the basic mission and purpose of K-12 academic education away from traditional broad-based academic studies geared toward maximizing intellectual achievement of the individual. Instead, School-to-Work utilizes the school day to promote children's acquisition of workplace skills, viewing children as trainees for increased economic productivity."[17]

________________________ ____________________

She has a more extensive record than Bama legally speaking. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
i'd say in the last 20 years she has gone crazy :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
i'd say in the last 20 years she has gone crazy :(

Why?   Personally, I like her a lot. 

See sold me on her with this speech.    Plus, I like her accent a lot more than my Nu Yawk Bronx accent. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
is this how you sound  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
Ever see a Bronx Tale? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
you know what i can't say i have, so you don't have that heavy italian accent

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
you know what i can't say i have, so you don't have that heavy italian accent

Are you kidding?   Bronx Tale is one of the best movies of all time.  Watch this, amazing scene.  I actually tried out for this movie.  They came to my HS since it was 80% Italo/American and asked for auditions.  I never got a part, but one of my friends did.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
looks good i'll have to rent it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
looks good i'll have to rent it

Actually its a great movie.  What is funny, not funny but sad,  know the main actor, the kid, Lilo Brancato, and after the movie he totally ruined his life and gt caught up in a robbery where a cop got killed.  Very prohetic considering the entire story of the movie is based around not wasting your talent and getting caught up in bullshit.

Deniro plays the honest bus driver and doesa great job, and over the years, this movie has really reminded me what life is about:  trying to behonest, making your way without corruption and sell outs, etc.   You wont be dissapointed in this movie.  A lot of great messages in this movie. 

Its one of my favorite movies of all time and really hits home for me for me on may points.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »
One of my favorite scens ever.  Living here its funny considering all of the one way streets we have.    Blacken - check this out. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »
LMAO So you think obama is qualified then?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »
she should get her own show on FOX or something similiar to Sarah's.  Life in Minnesota can be worth watching.
I encourage her to be as out in the public as possible.
she's a hoot.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 11:54:17 AM »
I like her better than sarah.  She is a tax lawyer who really knows her stuff.