Author Topic: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"  (Read 35208 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
Obama Challenges Caliph of ISIS to Golf Game

August 22, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield 2 Comments

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. He is completing a book on the international challenges America faces in the 21st century.

Print This Post Print This Post

Obama plays golf

Facing criticism for going right from his Foley statement back to his golf game, the White House announced today that what appeared to be a bored manchild taking endless vacations and hanging out with his pals at taxpayer expense was actually part of a cunning scheme to defeat ISIS.

“Next week, President Obama intends to challenge the Caliph of ISIS to 19 holes at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Hawaii,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said. “His entire administration, all his experiences, have been leading up to this point. Every time conservatives ridiculed him, he was actually training for the day when he will personally defeat ISIL. At golf.”

While some pundits have questioned whether the Caliph of the Islamic State would even agree to take part in a golf game and what beating him at golf would accomplish, MSNBC and CNN were quick to tout the advantages.

“President Obama is like Batman,” Dr. Marc Lamont Hill told CNN’s Don Lemon. “If Batman fought crime by playing golf. Instead of fighting fire with fire, Barack is going to fight fire with golf.”

However in an exclusive interview with Jeffrey Goldberg, Hillary Clinton suggested that challenging the Caliph to a golf game wasn’t much of a strategy.

“It just doesn’t make sense,” the former Secretary of State said. “Maybe challenge him to a game of ping pong in the tradition of the US rapprochement with China. Or to see who can best defend a 12-year-old girl’s rapist by calling her a mentally ill slut. I could do that one again in my sleep.”

Some questions have been raised about whether the Caliph should even be allowed in the United States, but then it was pointed out that these days anyone can cross the southern border.

While the Caliph of the Islamic State did not yet issue a formal response, an ISIS press release warned that “The Lions of Mosul, the Knights of Tikrit and the Warriors of that Pile of Rubble Near Baghdad would play golf with the heads of the Zionist Crusader infidels and their Freemason Monkey-Pig allies.”

Filed Under: The Point Tagged With: satire

Print This Post Print This Post

About Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. He is completing a book on the international challenges America faces in the 21st century.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »
Obama’s endless second-term vacation
Free Beacon ^  | August 22, 2014 | Matthew Continetti

Posted on ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2014‎ ‎12‎:‎39‎:‎20‎ ‎PM by Cheerio

1,461 Days of Summer

The headline was brutal. “Bam’s Golf War: Prez tees off as Foley’s parents grieve,” read the cover of Thursday’s New York Daily News. Obama’s gaffe was this: He had denounced the beheading of James Foley from a vacation spot in Martha’s Vineyard, then went to the golf course. Seems like he had a great time. Such a great time that he returned to the Farm Neck Golf Club—sorry, membership is full—the next day.

Technically, Obama’s vacation began on August 9. It is scheduled to end on Sunday, August 24. With the exception of a two-day interlude in D.C., it has been two weeks of golf, jazz, biking, beach going, dining out, celebrating, and sniping from critics, not all of them conservative, who are unnerved by the president taking time off at a moment of peril.

(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »
 ::)

President George H.W. Bush took a three-week break in Maine in 1990 after ordering the U.S. military to turn back Saddam Hussein's Iraqi forces in Kuwait. He swatted away questions about Persian Gulf action while on the golf course, later saying "I just don't like taking questions on serious matters on my vacation . . . I hope you'll understand when I'm recreating, I will recreate. And when we're working, which I'm trying up here, I'll work hard."

In 2002, President George W. Bush also was on the golf course when he reacted to terrorist bombings in Israel, saying: "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive."

Bush has defended Obama's fondness for golf.

------------------

Please whine about something else that actually matters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »
Smiling Obama swings into action but once again, it's on the golf course
Daily Mail UK ^ | August 223, 2014 | David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor,and Louise Boyle
Posted on 08/24/2014 7:26:49 AM PDT by COUNTrecount

Smiling Obama swings into action... but once again, it's on the golf course: President plays again as FBI warn of homegrown ISIS threat and US edges closer to Syria strikes

Obama under fire from critics for his hours on the golf course during a two-week break on the resort island of Martha's Vineyard Obama spokesman suggested the president needs to blow off steam with 8 rounds of golf on vacation Obama was slammed this week for grinning and fist-bumping through 18 holes just minutes after delivering somber remarks about James Foley's execution at the hands if ISIS terrorists Secretary of State John Kerry was spotted sailing off Nantucket while the Pentagon answered tough questions about the Middle East

President Obama was back on the golf course today as he enjoyed yet another 18 holes amid deepening concerns about the spreading terrorist rampage of extremist group ISIS.

The President played a round with former NBA basketball star Alonzo Mourning and Cyrus Walker, cousin of White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett, at Farm Neck Golf Club, in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts on Saturday.

His hours on the golf course during a two-week break on the resort island of Martha's Vineyard have his detractors teeing up as they highlight the slew of foreign policy crises currently facing the U.S.

On Friday, the FBI and Homeland Security warned police forces across the country to be on the lookout for terrorist threats as a chilling note was posted online warning that Chicago could be an ISIS target.

The federal agencies sent a bulletin on Friday to law enforcement agencies warning them to be on the lookout for terrorism. Although no specific threats have been identified, they could not guarantee no future attacks, the federal agencies said.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »
Posted on August 24, 2014 at 9:58:20 AM EDT by RoosterRedux

It is hard to fathom what Obama is doing or thinking. No explanation comes close to being satisfactory.

With fellow Democrats faulting him, and with threats to America multiplying, it is impossible to excuse his conduct on the grounds of ignorance. If he only knows what the public sees, that would be more than enough to develop a strategy.

Indeed, it’s possible his military advisers are going public with terrifying claims about the terrorist group because they, too, are alarmed by his passivity. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, normally low-key, said of the Islamic State: “This is beyond anything that we’ve seen. So we must prepare for everything.”

Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called it “an organization that has an apocalyptic, end-of-days strategic vision that will eventually have to be defeated.”

His use of the word “defeated” was in contrast to Obama, who talked only of “containing” the ­Islamic State when he approved limited airstrikes.

There was, of course, another response from the president last week. After the storm started over the golf outing, White House officials confirmed there had been a secret raid to free Foley and ­others in July, but it failed.

The release of such classified information ignited a second round of fury, with not a few critics accusing the president of playing politics.

Nonsense. He doesn’t care about politics. The raid was ­revealed to protect the only thing he does care about: himself.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
weird that Bush would try to claim he gave up golf for 9/11... and was seen golfing until Oct 2003.

He replaced it with mountain biking, as his knees were diagnosed bad in Nov 2003.

Look, none of us wants a president that  works 24/7.   they'd go batshit crazy under the pressure of the office. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
weird that Bush would try to claim he gave up golf for 9/11... and was seen golfing until Oct 2003.

He replaced it with mountain biking, as his knees were diagnosed bad in Nov 2003.

Look, none of us wants a president that  works 24/7.   they'd go batshit crazy under the pressure of the office. 

Like i said - more obama is golfing and vacayioning happier i  am. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2014, 05:05:41 AM »

Disconnected Obama’ needs to change conversation to help party in midterms


 
 
  381
  More

President Obama smiles as he sits at the wheel of a golf cart while golfing at Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, Mass., on the island of Martha's Vineyard on Aug. 20. (Steven Senne/AP)

Chris Cillizza

By Chris Cillizza Reporter August 24 at 1:56 PM 

President Obama returns to Washington on Monday after a two-week vacation that was neither restful nor productive.

From the unrest in Ferguson, Mo., to the airstrikes in Iraq, the ongoing tensions in Ukraine and the Middle East, and the execution of American journalist James Foley, it’s been a tough few weeks for the country — and for its leader.

Chris Cillizza writes “The Fix,” a politics blog for the Washington Post. He also covers the White House. View Archive
Facebook
Google+

Obama drew criticism from the left for not being forceful enough in speaking out on the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson and from the right over the death of Foley and the rise of the militant Islamic State. Then there was the golf; nine rounds during his 16 days on Martha’s Vineyard, including a trip to the links immediately after his condemnation of Foley’s killers.

That series of events left the impression of a disconnected president, frustrated with both the expectations and the limitations inherent in being the nation’s leader at this moment in history.

It also led to worries — expressed privately — among Democratic party strategists that Obama’s seemingly long-view approach to international and domestic conflicts could spell doom for the party’s chances in the midterm elections, which are only about 10 weeks away.

“The president is in a tough spot, and a lot of the problems aren’t of his own making,” said one Democratic strategist who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid about the leader of the party. “That said, voters hold him responsible for what happens on his watch. After Ebola, ISIL, Ferguson and earthquakes, people start wondering if locusts are next.” ISIL stands for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, now known as the Islamic State.

The question for Obama and the Democratic candidates and consultants whose fate at the ballot box in November is inextricably linked to his is what, if anything, can be done to turn around this story line of a president increasingly unable — or unwilling — to steer the country (and the world) in the direction he wants it to go.

Advertisement

J.B. Poersch, a former executive director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee who is now a political consultant, insists that the path back for Obama is the same as it has always been — talking about the economy in real-world terms.

“The president helps best when he’s taking up the argument for working people and whacking away at economic issues that matter — pay equity, minimum wage, affordable college loans and more,” Poersch said. “This was true in 2012, and it’s still true.”

And, in theory, the economy provides a positive story for Obama — and other Democrats — to tell. An average of 230,000 jobs have been added in each of the first seven months of the year, and the unemployment rate sits at 6.2 percent — the lowest it has been since September 2008.

Yet, despite the improved numbers, Obama — and his party — don’t seem to be getting much of the credit. Just over four in 10 voters (42 percent) approved of how he is handling the economy in an NBC-Wall Street Journal poll conducted this month; the survey also showed Obama’s overall approval rating at 40 percent, the lowest measured by NBC-WSJ.

The reasons that Obama gets little credit for the economic improvements are many, including that many people don’t feel as though things are getting better in their lives (two-thirds of those surveyed in the NBC-WSJ poll were either somewhat or very dissatisfied with the state of the economy) and that the news of late has been dominated by chaos not just around the world but also within our borders.

Advertisement

Changing that conversation won’t be easy — even if Obama is committed to doing so for the good of his party this fall, according to Democratic operatives, who also acknowledge that the president’s numbers are complicating their efforts in the midterms.

“He has to make the case for our agenda,” said one Democratic strategist closely monitoring Obama’s effect on the campaign trail. The White House, the strategist said, launches an effort, makes “the case for a week and then moves on as if the case has been made. His opponents make the case against him — and against the government — every single day.”

What everyone outside Obama’s inner circle wonders is whether the president is truly committed to making that case in a sustained and forceful way in the weeks before the elections. Only one man knows the answer — and he’s not saying at the moment.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »
Like i said - more obama is golfing and vacayioning happier i  am.  

A 10+ page thread with you whining about it seems to be the exact opposite.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2014, 05:50:11 AM »
FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.

We are met on a great field of that battle, not Augusta, not Pebble Beach, not Bethpage Black, not Burning Tree, but Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard, which we can’t get enough of — me, Alonzo, Ray Allen and Marvin Nicholson, my trip director and favorite golfing partner who has played 134 rounds and counting with me.

We have to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for my presidency, if I keep swinging from behind.

Yet it is altogether fitting and proper that I should get to play as much golf as I want, despite all the lame jokes about how golf is turning into “a real handicap” for my presidency and how I have to “stay the course” with ISIL. I’ve heard all the carping that I should be in the Situation Room droning and plinking the bad folks. I know some people think I should go to Ferguson. Don’t they understand that I’ve delegated the Martin Luther King Jr. thing to Eric Holder? Plus, Valerie Jarrett and Al Sharpton have it under control.

I know it doesn’t look good to have pictures of me grinning in a golf cart juxtaposed with ones of James Foley’s parents crying, and a distraught David Cameron rushing back from his vacation after only one day, and the Pentagon news conference with Chuck Hagel and General Dempsey on the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Syria.

We’re stuck in the rough, going to war all over again in Iraq and maybe striking Syria, too. Every time Chuck says ISIL is “beyond anything we’ve ever seen,” I sprout seven more gray hairs. But my cool golf caps cover them. If only I could just play through the rest of my presidency.

ISIL brutally killing hostages because we won’t pay ransoms, rumbles of coups with our puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan, the racial caldron in Ferguson, the Ebola outbreak, the Putin freakout — there’s enough awful stuff going on to give anyone the yips.

So how can you blame me for wanting to unwind on the course or for five hours at dinner with my former assistant chef? He’s a great organic cook, and he’s got a gluten-free backyard putting green.

Continue reading the main story Continue reading the main story

But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The brave foursomes, living and dead, who struggled here in the sand, in the trees, in the water, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or subtract a few strokes to improve our score. Bill Clinton was Mr. Mulligan, and he is twice at popular as I am.

Continue reading the main story

Recent Comments

Anne
 19 hours ago
Granted, for many of us Obama has been a great disappointment. And I believe that's where optics come in.Something about George Bush...

rockysfe
 19 hours ago
Does anyone else recollect Obama coming back to Washington for a couple of days during this vacation? And the press criticized him for that...

Mark
 19 hours ago
Obama is a narcissistic loner who really could care less about any American getting slaughtered. Those of us who figured this out long ago...

See All Comments

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.

Why don’t you play 18 with Mitch McConnell? And John Boehner is a lot better than me, so I don’t want to play with him.

It is for us, the duffers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who played here have thus far so nobly advanced to get young folks to stop spurning a game they find slow and boring.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us of getting rid of our slice on the public’s dime — that from this honored green we take increased devotion to that cause for which Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy gave their last full measure of devotion — and divots.

We here highly resolve that these golfing greats shall not have competed in vain, especially poor Tiger, and that this nation, under par, shall have a new birth of freedom to play the game that I have become unnaturally obsessed with, and that golf of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So help me Golf.

A version of this op-ed appears in print on August 24, 2014, on page SR11 of the New York edition with the headline: The Golf Address. Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-the-golf-address.html?_r=0

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2014, 06:21:03 AM »
Left wing dolts and and lib fags defending Obama make me laugh - its his wasted presidency and admn you are defending while he laughs at you fools.  The rest of us are a lot happier w him not in the WH "working" since its one day closer to him leaving and less damage he can do 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »
No, we are laughing at an idiot sociopath claiming he doesn't mind Obama golfing, yet has 10 page thread filled with nothing but whining about the very same issue.

For someone who doesn't "care", the 10+ pages of your nonstop meltdown indicate otherwise.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2014, 06:35:32 AM »
No, we are laughing at an idiot sociopath claiming he doesn't mind Obama golfing, yet has 10 page thread filled with nothing but whining about the very same issue.

For someone who doesn't "care", the 10+ pages of your nonstop meltdown indicate otherwise.   ::)

Maureen Dowd at the NYT feels the same way I do and she voted for this fagget 2x over

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2014, 06:47:36 AM »

Senator Barack Obama to NYT's Bob Herbert, 2008:

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do” and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, “Sure.”

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »
Maureen Dowd at the NYT feels the same way I do and she voted for this fagget 2x over

You mean she is on the internet trying to convince people that she "doesn't care about Obama and his golfing" with a 10+ page of daily meltdowns showing the opposite?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
You mean she is on the internet trying to convince people that she "doesn't care about Obama and his golfing" with a 10+ page of daily meltdowns showing the opposite?

She has many columns now attacking o-fagget for his failed and wasted presidency

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »
Does she have a 10 page thread whining nonstop about his golfing and then claiming "it doesn't bother her"?

The Gay seems to be extra strong in you today.   Those projections are coming out in full force.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:48 PM »
Posted on August 31, 2014 at 6:57:21 PM EDT by jimbo123

President Obama took advantage of the Washington area’s hot weather Sunday by playing an afternoon game of golf with three White House staffers.

The presidential motorcade arrived at Fort Belvoir, just outside Washington in Fairfax County, Va., just after 1 p.m. for the game, according to a reporter travelling with the president.

Playing golf with the Obama were Joe Paulsen, Luke Rosa and Mike Brush. All three work in the White House’s advance office, which coordinates sites before presidential visits.

The pool reporter noted that Obama appeared to have a bandage on his left middle finger.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
Posted on August 31, 2014 at 6:57:21 PM EDT by jimbo123

President Obama took advantage of the Washington area’s hot weather Sunday by playing an afternoon game of golf with three White House staffers.

The presidential motorcade arrived at Fort Belvoir, just outside Washington in Fairfax County, Va., just after 1 p.m. for the game, according to a reporter travelling with the president.

Playing golf with the Obama were Joe Paulsen, Luke Rosa and Mike Brush. All three work in the White House’s advance office, which coordinates sites before presidential visits.

The pool reporter noted that Obama appeared to have a bandage on his left middle finger.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Do you mix up the pictures of president Obama that you jerk off to, or is there one special picture of him that you pop to every time?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
I thought you didn't care about his golfing.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »
She has many columns now attacking o-fagget for his failed and wasted presidency
::)

Dowd criticized Clinton, Bush II, and now Obama. Snarkiness is her schtick. People think she's a liberal during Repub presidencies and a conservative during Dem presidencies.

Maureen gets paid a lot of money for opinion column in the NYT. How much are YOU getting paid to spend all day whining on this forum?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
Left wing dolts and and lib fags defending Obama make me laugh - its his wasted presidency and admn you are defending while he laughs at you fools.  The rest of us are a lot happier w him not in the WH "working" since its one day closer to him leaving and less damage he can do  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V