Author Topic: WWE Tough Enough returning. Good or Bad Idea?  (Read 14393 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Tough Enough returning. Good or Bad Idea?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:40 AM »
Oh, i agree, but Chavo has always been over and just misused in WCW and the WWE, imo.  He drew heat in WCW while riding a stick horse to the ring!  Some things just can't be taught in some bootcamp wrestling school.

I agree on Orton and the others, but I just don't see them developing.  That is the problem.  OVW, or wherever, is a joke compared to jumping between territories and countries, learning different styles, etc...  but oh well.....as I have said many times VKM brought it upon himself by squashing all the territory wrestling, now he is reaping what he sowed.

Having Kane beat him in 10 seconds pretty much buried Chavo. And, granted that was a sympathy push, as Kane hadn't held a world title in nearly 10 years.

I'm not sure if the "WWE Universe" has that kind of patience. But, again you have the problem of who should get the push. Remember all the flap about people being sick of seeing Orton, Helmsley, or Cena with the WWE Championship?

Well, the cry was for the new guys to get the push. But, when WWE did that by making Sheamus champion, folks were going BALLISTIC.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 06:50:40 AM »
Having Kane beat him in 10 seconds pretty much buried Chavo. And, granted that was a sympathy push, as Kane hadn't held a world title in nearly 10 years.

I'm not sure if the "WWE Universe" has that kind of patience. But, again you have the problem of who should get the push. Remember all the flap about people being sick of seeing Orton, Helmsley, or Cena with the WWE Championship?

Well, the cry was for the new guys to get the push. But, when WWE did that by making Sheamus champion, folks were going BALLISTIC.

It's a tough wire to walk.  But I really don't see it changing anytime soon.  VKM created his wrestling universe, and I don't see a way out for him at this time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »
There's simply not enough wrestlers that are good enough. In the eighties right into the early ninties you had 3 tours in the WWE. The "A" tour headlined by Hogan, The "B" tour headlined by a big name like Savage or Warrior and the "C" tour that would wrestle in smaller venues to hit the lower markets. Hogan's "A" tour was sold out constantly. Tour "B" was about  9-12,000 crowd and the "C" tour was a 1,000-4,000 seat crowd. WWE made a HUGE portion of its money on travelling house shows from the above tours. Now.....you have 1 tour that is decent which is the Raw tour. No one wants to see the dreaded smackdown tour. Back then, you had so many wrestlers, tag-teams, managers, etc. Now there is NOTHING. Sorry, but I would rather watch paint dry then watch R-Truth take on Miz in the final match.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
I think that most of Vince’s “stars” were unexpected.
Hogan is the only one I can think of that the old man brought in with the sole intention of making the golden child.

He tried the same thing with Sid, Warrior, Luger, etc., but it never worked as planned.
But, there were plenty of mid-card guys josting for that big push - Austin, Rock, Triple H, Cena, Foley - who weren’t that great when they initially came in, but eventually did something that caught on.
To his credit, Vince was smart enough to recognize it & capitalize on it.

I think the idea of giving the new guys a break/push is excellent; provided they deserve it
Even if they’re not yet 100% ready, sometimes you have to experiment and give them the ball to see what they can do.
But, I don't agree with pushing someone new just for the sake of pushing someone new.

Of the current roster, there doesn’t seem to be many guys on the verge of breaking out.
There are guys with talent and potential, but it seems that few are at that proverbial launch pad, ready to take the next step.
Hopefully, that will change soon.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
Hogan is the only one I can think of that the old man brought in with the sole intention of making the golden child.

He tried the same thing with Sid, Warrior, Luger, etc., but it never worked as planned.
But, there were plenty of mid-card guys josting for that big push - Austin, Rock, Triple H, Cena, Foley - who weren’t that great when they initially came in, but eventually did something that caught on.

I think the idea of giving the new guys a break/push is excellent; provided they deserve it
Even if they’re not yet 100% ready, sometimes you have to experiment and give them the ball to see what they can do.
But, I don't agree with pushing someone new just for the sake of pushing someone new.

Of the current roster, there doesn’t seem to be many guys on the verge of breaking out.
There are guys with talent and potential, but it seems that few are at that proverbial launch pad, ready to take the next step.
Lex Luger was a huge disappointment. Talk about green as vomit. They actually thought he would do well. He actually did better in the NWA when he left the horsemen.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Luger's good attributes were that he was safe and agreeable.
The drawbacks were that his mic skills (at times) were pretty stinky, and inside the ring he was fairly "mechanical" as in very routine/basic.
Although he seldom worked outside the box, there were worse guys than him to be in there with.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
Luger's good attributes were that he was safe and agreeable.
The drawbacks were that his mic skills (at times) were pretty stinky, and inside the ring he was fairly "mechanical" as in very routine/basic.
Although he seldom worked outside the box, there were worse guys than him to be in there with.

Luger struck gold in the NWA.  He caught the Crocketts eye in Florida enough to bring him in and Flair wanted him as a Horseman, I believe.

With the Horseman, Lex had the other members to carry the workload in the ring and on the mic.  He just looked like a million bucks.

And when he was out of the Horseman, he fueded quite a bit with them so he had Windham, Tully, Flair and Arn to work with.  Pretty nice group to work with, huh?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
I believe it.
If Flair specifically requested to have Luger work with him & the Horsemen, he must've seen something in Lex and figured he could draw money with him.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »

I think the idea of giving the new guys a break/push is excellent; provided they deserve it.  

I have to agree with this.

Vince has had way more misses than hits.

Am really not enjoying watching wrestling at the moment. Vince doesn't let new talent develop any heat. If they don't make a splash in a few airings they end up jobbing to the latest behemoth he is pushing and then learning they got fired on the WWE website.

???

On the subject of Tough Enough. I liked Linda Myles. The girl was tough and I was disappointed after she seemed to disappear after the dominatrix angle with the Basham Brothers. Chris Nowinski got the Havard beaten out of him by resentful wrestlers backstage. John Morrison seemed to be doing ok but got derailed by his ex-girlfriend Melina's toxic narcissism behind the scenes sparking a backlash from the political power mongers. He hasn't recovered.

On the diva front I still wonder what Christy Hemme did to get dumped so thoroughly.

It's like a minefield. Unless you hook up with a MacMahon.

;)
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »

Am really not enjoying watching wrestling at the moment. Vince doesn't let new talent develop any heat. If they don't make a splash in a few airings they end up jobbing to the latest behemoth he is pushing and then learning they got fired on the WWE website.

???

On the subject of Tough Enough. I liked Linda Myles. The girl was tough and I was disappointed after she seemed to disappear after the dominatrix angle with the Basham Brothers. Chris Nowinski got the Havard beaten out of him by resentful wrestlers backstage. John Morrison seemed to be doing ok but got derailed by his ex-girlfriend Melina's toxic narcissism behind the scenes sparking a backlash from the political power mongers. He hasn't recovered.

On the diva front I still wonder what Christy Hemme did to get dumped so thoroughly.

;)

She couldn't wrestle if her life depended on it. You cannot teach someone a trade like pro wrestling, moves, the art of it the KAFABE of it in just a few weeks of Tough Enough or through a dumb diva search.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »

???

;)

Morrison seems to be doing just fine, to me They made him ECW Champion, Intercontinental champion multiple times. And, now he's been on a tear, with this feud with Sheamus. He's beaten Sheamus every time they fought, except for the King-of-the-Ring Finals. Don't be surprised if he wins the Rumble.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 11:13:12 PM »
She couldn't wrestle if her life depended on it. You cannot teach someone a trade like pro wrestling, moves, the art of it the KAFABE of it in just a few weeks of Tough Enough or through a dumb diva search.

Most of the Divas can't wrestle Playboy, there would only be very few of them left if the WWE cared about wrestling ability.

She wasn't kicked out because of that. She was dumped and they gagged her from discussing the reason. Something happened and I wonder what it was.

And when it comes to Morrison I guess I judge his progress against The Miz's. His problem is he is too good looking. Guys cant support him without looking homo. They should turn him heel.

:D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
And when it comes to Morrison I guess I judge his progress against The Miz's. His problem is he is too good looking. Guys cant support him without looking homo. They should turn him heel.

That's a very astute observation and conclusion, IMO.

I could see Morrison's path parallelling the Rock's in that respect.
Rocky's original attitude & look would have made him a classic (albeit midcard) babyface had he debuted about 10 years before he did.
Instead, the fans shit on the character, Vince recognized it was more beneficial to roll with the heat, and so they turned Rock heel.

I'd like to see them try moving away from the "smirky" arrogance and give Morrison's gimmick more of an edge.
Arrogance used to get heels over up until the early 90's, but - while similar - I think that cockiness is a little sharper and comes across stronger now.
They should also inject some meanness into him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 04:52:05 AM »
Most of the Divas can't wrestle Playboy, there would only be very few of them left if the WWE cared about wrestling ability.

She wasn't kicked out because of that. She was dumped and they gagged her from discussing the reason. Something happened and I wonder what it was.

:D
Back in the day, the females knew how to wrestle and they were capable of executing some hardcore moves. I remember watching the Jumping Bomb Angels of Japan against Leliani Kai and Judy Martin back in 1987 and they practically stole the show (no, i'm not kidding).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 05:13:27 AM »
Back in the day, the females knew how to wrestle and they were capable of executing some hardcore moves. I remember watching the Jumping Bomb Angels of Japan against Leliani Kai and Judy Martin back in 1987 and they practically stole the show (no, i'm not kidding).

That is true for the most part.
I was impressed with some of the women that Finlay & Storm trained some years ago.
I guess it's like the guys - each generation had its good & poor workers.

Look how many of the gals' "wrestling" consisted of pushing and hair pulling; and that's gone on since the 50's.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »

That is true for the most part.
I was impressed with some of the women that Finlay & Storm trained some years ago.
I guess it's like the guys - each generation had its good & poor workers.

Look how many of the gals' "wrestling" consisted of pushing and hair pulling; and that's gone on since the 50's.

Michelle McCool has really beefed up her wrestling skills in the last couple of years.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
Michelle McCool has really beefed up her wrestling skills in the last couple of years.

Can't stand her.

She has no discernible personality at all. And her gimmick was stolen from TNA.

She's lucky she hooked up with one of the big dogs.

8)

Wish they would give Maryse a wrestling push. I think she could be good.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Can't stand her.

8)

She's ok. I'm a big fan of Layla, she has amazing charisma and has gotten a lot better in the ring. You're right, Maryse hasn't done much on tv lately, neither has Eve. The division has gotten a lot better over the past year, and I'm glad Nattie got the belt.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
I'm a big fan of Layla, she has amazing charisma and has gotten a lot better in the ring.

Yes, her tits are nice.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 04:45:41 AM »

Yes, her tits are nice.

I haven't noticed.

She and her tag team partner could teach annoying to tropical skin diseases.

;D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:46 AM »
Can't stand her.

8)

She's been Divas champion twice. I'd say she's already had a push.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 05:02:23 AM »
Who's working with the divas now?
I liked when Finlay & Storm trained them.
Finlay really helped turn Trish & a few others into damn good ring workers.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:45 AM »
Who's working with the divas now?
I liked when Finlay & Storm trained them.
Finlay really helped turn Trish & a few others into damn good ring workers.

Trish was awful when she started, Props to her though, she really kicked arse when she applied herself to learn the craft properly.

I still remember when she was in tears after that dreadful match with Jackie Gayda.

Bull Nakano should train them.

;D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 05:16:21 AM »

Yes, her tits are nice.
So's the rest of her body!!

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 09:56:31 PM »
So's the rest of her body!!

Not a single Miss Elizabeth or Chyna among them.

>:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy