Author Topic: Christian Thibaudeau's 'transformation' at T-Nation.com - is this legit?  (Read 46608 times)

Stallion

• Getbig III
  • Brunette Goddess
Re: Christian Thibaudeau's 'transformation' at T-Nation.com - is this legit?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 10:50:59 PM »
He's like Louis Dorman on roids.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 12:06:24 AM »
What is the big deal, you see these all the time...

Offseason bodybuilder in mass mode, eating whatever and training like an animal...

Competition comes up, and cuts himself to shreds.

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 01:54:55 AM »
Well, first of all at least post most flattering pictures of me ;)

Well, I couldn't make it too unbelievable! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post all that CT. As I said in my original post it wasn't a personal attack and I hope it wasn't taken that way. I've read that article many times in the past and it's niggled at me for a while.

Anyhow, I'd better rush off now and get my Biotest order in. Any other supplements you'd care to recommend?

Cheers.  8)
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 02:13:04 AM »
where did his hair go?
wooooooooooooooooooooooo sh

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 02:51:29 AM »
5% bf?? i call bs on that. he would have straitions on his delts and lines in his chest.
real men= no rubbers

Stavios

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 07:46:04 AM »
5% bf?? i call bs on that. he would have straitions on his delts and lines in his chest.

Looks 5% to me..

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 08:24:26 AM »
Looks 5% to me..

Yes, but by CT's own admission, that shot is a year to 15 1/2 months, depending on you read it, after he started dieting.

In some of those shots he looks in the mid- high single digits BF% wise.

I think he did naturally, it's not that hard for a trained athlete to do similar in a few months.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 08:26:27 AM »
To set things straight I'll try to post some pics and will tell you when they were taking in relation to the "transformation".

First one was taken at the end of a power clean and dates from around 1-2 monts before I started my transformation.

The second one was taken something like 6-7 weeks into the transformaton...

more to follow

CT,

you're doing lots of Olympic Lifting, and some powerlifting = I think you're a reliable fella.  8)

What's your best snatch? And I gather you train Russian? You've seen the updated Bulgarian protocol, 8 workouts/week?

Only recently discovered OL myself. It's where it's at. It's the greatest test.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2005, 08:49:03 AM »
You squatted 550 lbs for 5 reps with no belt or knee wraps?  That is very impressive.  That is even quite good for a competitive Olympic lifter.  Do you have any videos to back up this claim?  I would love to see it.

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2005, 08:52:41 AM »
To set things straight I'll try to post some pics and will tell you when they were taking in relation to the "transformation".

First one was taken at the end of a power clean and dates from around 1-2 monts before I started my transformation.

The second one was taken something like 6-7 weeks into the transformaton...

more to follow

Hmmm, you seem to be strangely lacking in elbow and wrist flexibility for a competitive Olympic lifter.  You are only able to hold the bar at chest level with 2 fingers.  I know that is how some coaches will teach football players to front squat if they don't have the flexibility to do it properly using the clean grip.  Why is that? 

I have never seen someone finish a power clean with that kind of a grip. 

Are you sure about those lifting claims you have made?

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2005, 09:11:18 AM »
I was giving this some thought.  I will comment no further.

You obviously know the truth and I think I do as well so any further comments on my part serve no greater good.
w

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »
Hmmm, you seem to be strangely lacking in elbow and wrist flexibility for a competitive Olympic lifter.  You are only able to hold the bar at chest level with 2 fingers.  I know that is how some coaches will teach football players to front squat if they don't have the flexibility to do it properly using the clean grip.  Why is that? 

I have never seen someone finish a power clean with that kind of a grip. 

Have you ever seen Georgi Gardev? He's a Bulgarian lifer and if you think my wrist flexibility is bad you should see his!!! In a training tape he is performing front squats and he is holding the bar with the tip of two fingers. During his set his right arm actually comes flying off and he continues his set only holding the bar with his left arm and crossing his right one accroos his throat!

Andrei Chemerkin cannot even put the bar on his clavicle when he power cleans ... I saw him in person not able to rack 235kg on his clavicle... the bar needed to be at least 250kg to touch his shoulders/collar bone.

I have trained at the Canadian performance center with several members of the National team and a LOT of them are unable to rack a bar with a full grip.

As for being legit claims. I did snatch 120kg in competition and clean 152,5kg in competition. I have never been a platform lifter because I get very nervous and am very poor at stress management. Not to mention that I have very small hands and I'm limited by this in the snatch. My all time best snatch without straps is 125kg and my chest snatch with straps is 142,5kg, to give you an idea.

BTW, catching the bar with a finger grip isn't a sign of inferior wrist flexibility but rather:

a) a lack of latissimus dorsi flexibility
b) proportionally shorter upper arm and longer forearm
c) small hands

In my case it's due to b) and c).

240 or bust

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2005, 10:18:21 AM »
CT,  When you used that company's product and made that transformation in 14 weeks, did you use gear too?

If so, it kinda invalidates whatever product you're representing. If not, your progress is tremendous, and congrats.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2005, 10:21:24 AM »
This one is a bit better as far as the grip goes. But as you can see the bending of the wrist is actually the same as most olympic liters, the elbows are high enough. It's really a matter of:

a) small hands

But also (and a true olympic lifting expert like you are should know that) that we change our grip between the clean portion and the jerk portion of the lift. While we pull we use a hook grip (fingers wrapped around our thumb... so the thumb is pinned against the bar by the fingers) and immediately as we complete the clean portion we switch to a regular or open hand grip. This is part of the reason why the hands are opened. The pictures are actually snapped during that grip transition.

But you already knew that right?

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2005, 10:27:02 AM »
CT,  When you used that company's product and made that transformation in 14 weeks, did you use gear too?

If so, it kinda invalidates whatever product you're representing. If not, your progress is tremendous, and congrats.

Hey hey ... I told the guy who emailed me about this thread that within a week the gear subject would come up!!! Looks like I was right again ;)

I've been through this a zillion times and do not wish to start a big debate again. So I'll stick to the short version.

I used steroids when I was 18 Y.O. because of it I had to be rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery performed. 24 hours more and I would have died. Death is something that make you reconsider some things. For me it was actually a blessing in disguise as it motivated me to learn as much as possible about the best training methods available. I also experimented with just about every type of diet possible and tried all the supplements that were made available between 1995 and today.

Did I ever use steroids in my life? Yes, 11 years ago and for a short period of time. Did I use gear to achieve the original transformation? No.

Thats pretty much it.

Oh yeah ... some peoples could say that even if I did use gear I wouldn't say it because it would undermine my credibility; they would be right!!! There's nothing I can do about opinions like that. So I guess you can either trust me or think I'm a liar. Either way, there isn't much more I can do.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2005, 10:40:02 AM »

Quite sure :)

However these lifts could not even be considered good by olympic lifting standards. Even my best training lifts performed with straps would leave me something like 4th or 5th in Canada and about 200th in the world ;)

I started olympic lifting late in life (at 21 years of age, after I quite football) so my technique and efficiency never were up to the level of my strength.

I used to train with the Canadian champion in the 105kg class. I would outlift him in the squat, front squat, and push press but he would cream my a** on the competition lifts.

I think my best asset as a coach is that I played and competed in many sports (hockey, baseball, football, rugby, golf, olympic lifting, powerlifting, strongman comps, bodybuilding, basketball) but really was never better than average at them. Mostly because of my genetic limits as an athlete. However I learned a ton about how to correct flaws. The best of the best seldom make good coaches. Those who have to work hard just to stay in the game are those you want on your side.

240 or bust

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 10:53:19 AM »
man, well congrats. Those are some amazing gains, and the vasularity you show is unreal.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »
He's bought supplements from me a few times.  From my limited dealings, he seems like a very legit guy.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 11:21:04 AM »
He's bought supplements from me a few times.  From my limited dealings, he seems like a very legit guy.

A few times? Any supplements I don't get from Biotest I buy from you :)

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 11:22:56 AM »
man, well congrats. Those are some amazing gains, and the vasularity you show is unreal.

Well I'm not sure if vascularity is a good thing as it's often correlated with high blood pressure (which is remplant in my family). Oddly my girlfriend (a competitive bodybuilder) doesn't like veins and she is actually a lot more vascular than me :) Well, she is 3 weeks out from the Cnadian championships so it's understandable.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
Hey CT,

Where in Canada are you? Also I personally found the opposite, my BP used to be VERY low and I was more vascualr then ??? Great transformation tho!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2005, 05:17:02 PM »
This one is a bit better as far as the grip goes. But as you can see the bending of the wrist is actually the same as most olympic liters, the elbows are high enough. It's really a matter of:

a) small hands

But also (and a true olympic lifting expert like you are should know that) that we change our grip between the clean portion and the jerk portion of the lift. While we pull we use a hook grip (fingers wrapped around our thumb... so the thumb is pinned against the bar by the fingers) and immediately as we complete the clean portion we switch to a regular or open hand grip. This is part of the reason why the hands are opened. The pictures are actually snapped during that grip transition.

But you already knew that right?

a) Not all Olympic lifters use the hook grip.
b) You said you were performing a powerclean in the first photo which would negate your above statements about switching your grip.  Of course, if you were performing a powerclean to be followed by a jerk, press, or push press then you should have stated that.
c) Having a poor grip when racking the barbell is due to the reasons you mentioned with forearm length being a major factor but wrist and elbow flexibility also play into it.
d) I am definitely NOT an expert on Olympic lifting but I have a decent working knowledge of it. 
e) Your unequipped Olympic lifts were nowhere near world class, you are correct.  What I was referring to was your claimed Olympic squat of 550 lbs+ using no wraps etc.
f) Wtf does "remplant" mean?

w

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2005, 06:19:38 PM »
WTF is so hard to believe? You idiots are familiar with the concept of a DIET ,right? Seems to me this dude commited himself. to a good,clean diet and training routine for 3 months and dropped some serious bodyfat. The muscle was already there. Congrats dude. Geez, every time someone post pics and actually has a decent build, people start screaming "steroids" and "bullshit". Not everyone has the T-levels of a 12 year old girl like the whiners here, Some people actually................ ........................ .................RESPOND TO TRAINING!!!!

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 07:57:53 PM »
THANK YOU, GROINK!

Another thing that CT did (besides bust his ass in the gym and CONSISTENTLY and FAITHFULLY diet)...was that he has busted his ass to become one of the most knowlegable trainers around...bar none...

All one has to do is read the body of work that he has compiled in only a few short years...and how he has APPLIED that knowledge not only to himself...but has SHARED that knowledge with his clients and thousands on the Internet...

Are the only people in this buisness who DON'T get torn down the ones who do nothing? Is there some personal and/or professional jealousy or gripe here?

Quite frankly, I don't understand where half the post in this thread are coming from...

Mufasa
“There comes a

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2005, 06:13:19 AM »
Go Christian!,
excellent condition and results. I achieved similar condition(at a much smaller size) by training and eating very strictly about 6/7 years ago(before medicine took over) so I believe the transformation and will even overlook the blatant product endorsement.
Sincerely congrats but if some younger/novice BB's/lifters ask for your opinion I hope you will be honest enough to tell them that regarding 99% of gimicky powders and pills in the glossy magazine adds, their money would be much better spent on steak, tuna, fresh fruit and veg, good quality carbs and a good protein powder and maybe creatine/glutamine.

regards and well done again,

The Doc(M.D.) :)
The Dude Abides