Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event  (Read 39059 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:38 PM »
Tony, don't worry about the bet, just forget about it.  Overall, I think my statements that Jared's CT and wacky ideas are unique to Jared is for the most part true.  And I'm right, Jared didn't give much of anything for one to debate.  He just created a bizare line of thinking via his false logic that didn't leave room for debate other than just saying he's nuts.  Opposed to the moon landing hoax CTrs who will provide a list of things to talk about like the shadows cast on the moon, no dust crater, what looks like cords in the pictures, the radiation, the film not being able to survive the radiation, the time lapse between houston and the moon communication etc etc.  All things that one can refute.  Jared just pulled shit out of his ass based on wrong logic.  Again, even the people over at Above Top Secret forums didn't know what to make of the guy.  His ideas were to out there even for them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
Tony, don't worry about the bet, just forget about it.  Overall, I think my statements that Jared's CT and wacky ideas are unique to Jared is for the most part true.  And I'm right, Jared didn't give much of anything for one to debate.  He just created a bizare line of thinking via his false logic that didn't leave room for debate other than just saying he's nuts.  Opposed to the moon landing hoax CTrs who will provide a list of things to talk about like the shadows cast on the moon, no dust crater, what looks like cords in the pictures, the radiation, the film not being able to survive the radiation, the time lapse between houston and the moon communication etc etc.  All things that one can refute.  Jared just pulled shit out of his ass based on wrong logic.  Again, even the people over at Above Top Secret forums didn't know what to make of the guy.  His ideas were to out there even for them.
no no ill keep my word but i get till the end of tonight to find corraberaters  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
no no ill keep my word but i get till the end of tonight to find corraberaters  ;)
well if you really want to keep your word, you already lost.  You changed the bet above to hinge on what Toxic thinks and I posted quotes from him above showing that he obviously thinks astronauts can survive in orbit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: January 12, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
well if you really want to keep your word, you already lost.  You changed the bet above to hinge on what Toxic thinks and I posted quotes from him above showing that he obviously thinks astronauts can survive in orbit.
hahahah ok fine  :-[

ive heard toxic talk about the van allen belt too though maybe he is presenting both sides of arguments

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
what does my sig say?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »
hahahah ok fine  :-[

ive heard toxic talk about the van allen belt too though maybe he is presenting both sides of arguments
don't worry about the bet, we both botched it by not being exactly specific on the bet.  Next time we'll be very precise in what the bet is about.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Giffords' progress a source of jubilation
By the CNN Wire Staff
January 13, 2011

Shot in the head less than a week ago, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords opened her eyes briefly for the first time Wednesday, with her husband, her parents and other members of Congress in the room.
"It was extraordinary," said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-New York, who was holding Giffords' hand at the time. "It was a miracle to witness."

The incident occurred shortly after President Barack Obama had visited Giffords in her hospital room. Less than an hour later, given permission to disclose the information by Mark Kelly, Giffords' husband, Obama electrified a memorial-service crowd and a national television audience by revealing one of the most promising pieces of news about Gifford's condition to emerge since an assassination attempt against her on Saturday.

Giffords was squeezing and stroking Gillibrand's hand, as doctors previously said she had been able to do.

Giffords "absolutely could hear everything we were saying," Gillibrand said. "And Debbie (Wasserman Schultz, D-Florida) and I were telling her how much she was inspiring the nation with her courage, her strength, and we were talking about the things we wanted to do as soon as she was better."

Gillibrand mentioned having another night out with Giffords and her husband for beer and pizza. And Wasserman Schultz recounted telling her, "Come on, you've got to get better, because we expect you up in New Hampshire this summer" at Wasserman Schultz's vacation home.

"And just as I said that, that's when she suddenly was struggling to open ... her eyes," Wasserman Schultz said. "First just a little bit. And the doctors couldn't believe it. They said, 'This is such a good time.' "
Kelly saw her struggling, Gillibrand said, and he and the others began to encourage her, saying, "Open your eyes, Gabby. Open your eyes."

And Giffords did -- actually opening only one eye, as the other remains bandaged, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters.

"She took a moment to focus, you could see she was focusing," Gillibrand said. "And then Mark said ... 'Gabby, if you can see me, if you can see me, give us a thumbs-up ... She didn't only give a thumbs-up, she literally raised her entire hand. We were just -- we couldn't stop crying ... It was just one of those moments that life brings you so rarely."

But Giffords didn't stop there, Gillibrand said. She reached out and grabbed her husband "and is touching him and starts to really choke him like she was really trying to hug him." He asked her to touch his wedding ring, "and she touches his ring, then she grabs his whole watch and wrist and then the doctor was just so excited, he said, 'You don't understand ... this is amazing what she is doing right now and beyond our greatest hopes.' "

Of the six patients the hospital is still treating from Saturday's shooting, Giffords is the only one in critical condition. Two others are in serious condition and the other three are in fair condition, the hospital has said.

A 9-year-old girl, Christina Green, and Arizona's chief federal judge, John Roll, are among the dead, along with Gabe Zimmerman, a Giffords staffer. Green will be laid to rest on Thursday.

Authorities say Giffords was the target of the shooting. Thirteen other people suffered gunshot wounds, the Pima County Sheriff has said, while others were injured trying to flee the scene.
Tucson resident Jared Lee Loughner, 22, is facing federal charges in the attack.

The milestone is only the latest for the Arizona congresswoman, who doctors said could respond to commands even upon arrival at a hospital trauma unit -- she squeezed a doctor's hand when asked to do so -- less than an hour after the shooting. Even when her prognosis was grim, she has consistently defied the odds and met or exceeded expectations.

Safeway, which owns the grocery store where the shooting took place, took out a full-page ad in Tucson's Arizona Daily Star newspaper Thursday, saying it is proud to be part of a community that cares so deeply about one another. Since Saturday, Safeway employees have been praying for the victims and their families, and the company is working to reopen the store, it said. Supermarkets pride themselves on reopening quickly following disasters, it noted, but Saturday's events were not a tornado or hurricane.

Doctors have cautiously described her recovery as going according to plan, so far absent of any complications or issues, and have said throughout that she has been able to communicate when they lessen her sedation and allow her to awaken.

"Other than the birth of my kids, this was the most incredible feeling, to see literally one of your closest friends struggle to come to you, her family, her friends," said Wasserman Schultz, who spoke to CNN's "AC360" along with Gillibrand. "We know how strong Gabby is ... You could see all the strength pouring out of her to touch her husband."

"She wanted to tell us, 'I'm with you,' " Gillibrand said.

Dr. Michael Lemole Jr., chief of neurosurgery at University Medical Center, told the women he previously had discounted what emotion, friendship and family can do as far as inspiring a person to recover. "I just witnessed the impact of friendship," Lemole said, according to Gillibrand.

"It was, as you can imagine, a glorious moment," said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who was also in the room.

The road ahead for Giffords may be long. Her recovery may last a lifetime, like that of Jim Brady, a former White House press secretary under President Ronald Reagan who was shot in the head in 1981. Several parallels have been drawn between the two. Now 70 and blind, Brady told CNN's Jim Acosta this week he routinely goes to physical therapy near his Delaware home.

"Life will always be good again," Brady said. "It may be different. But that doesn't mean it's bad."

Still, Giffords has been described by many as tenacious and fearless.

"Our boss is a fighter, and she's fighting," C.J. Karamargin, Giffords' spokesman, told "AC360." "And we saw that today."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/13/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
the return of screaming drunk guy in front of concrete wall  ::) ::) ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
the return of screaming drunk guy in front of concrete wall  ::) ::) ::)
says the guy who thinks cites words have consequences when they had nothing to do with the incident he is citing... ::) moron

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »
There is zero way I'm going to listen to that guy scream his ass off about this.  This whole thing already has me worked up and pissed off beyond belief.  Cliff notes 3333?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
There is zero way I'm going to listen to that guy scream his ass off about this.  This whole thing already has me worked up and pissed off beyond belief.  Cliff notes 3333?

Palin had nothing to do with this and people politicizing this are really pathetic.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Palin had nothing to do with this and people politicizing this are really pathetic.   
I agree with that.  This Jared was nuts beyond repair and palin had nothing to do with that.  Now they're trying to say that the blame still counts because the next guy to go nuts might be inspired by palin or the tea party... bla bla bla...

I just can't listen to that guy especially if I'm already pissed lol...  He'll just get me worked up worse than I am already.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
Police Describe Photos of Loughner (NAKED AND WEARING A BRIGHT RED G-STRING) Posing With Gun
New York Times ^ | 01/14/2011 | By MARC LACEY, JO BECKER and TIMOTHY WILLIAMS

________________________ ________________________ ______________-

TUCSON — Law enforcement officials said Friday they have multiple photos of Jared L. Loughner posing with a Glock 9mm gun next to his naked buttocks and dressed in a bright red g-string.

The photos were turned over to the police by Walgreens, where Mr. Loughner had taken them to be developed. In some of the photos he is holding the gun by his crotch and in others, presumably shot in a mirror, he is holding the gun next to his buttocks, the police said. It was not yet clear when the photos were taken or whether Mr. Loughner had ordered any prints

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________________

Palns' fault.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
Police: Loughner up all night at Walmarts, Circle Ks before shootingFrom Ross Levitt and Susan Candiotti, CNNJanuary 14, 2011 -- Updated 2128 GMT (0528 HKT)

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- Jared Lee Loughner was up all night prior to gunning down 19 people -- six fatally -- outside an Arizona supermarket, taking several trips to the supermarket's shopping plaza in between checking in at an area hotel and visiting two Walmarts to buy ammunition, according to a timeline released Friday by the Pima County Sheriff's Office.

Loughner, 22, got a room at a nearby Motel 6, but did not spend much time there late the night of January 7 and early January 8, the sheriff's office timeline indicates.

At 11:35 p.m., he dropped off a roll of 35 mm film at a Walgreen's next door to the Safeway supermarket where the shooting occurred.

After buying something about an hour later at a nearby Circle K convenience store and checking into the Motel 6 one mile to the west on Ina Road, he returned at 2:19 a.m. to pick up the photos and make other purchases.

Then, at 4:12 a.m., Loughner posted a photo of the Walgreens on his MySpace page, with a caption "Goodbye friends."

The shooting suspect headed out from his hotel room again, buying items at Walmart at the Foothills Mall, about three miles away -- once at 6:12 a.m. and again at 7:04 a.m., sandwiched around another trip to another Circle K store -- according to the timeline.

He unsuccessfully tried to buy ammunition at that Walmart. He then headed to a different Walmart store -- this one nearly 6 miles away, in the Tucson suburb of Marana -- where, at 7:27 a.m., he bought the ammunition and a black backpack-style diaper bag.

Three minutes later, an officer with the Arizona Game and Fish Department pulled Loughner over for running a red light. He was given a verbal warning and released. He then headed home.

He remained there until being confronted by his father sometime before 9:40 a.m., the timeline says. He ran away with the black bag in hand.

A taxi driver picked him up around 9:41 a.m. from one of the Circle K stores he had visited and drove him to the Safeway, in the same plaza as the Walgreens. Both Loughner and the cab driver went inside the store, at 9:54 a.m., apparently so he could get change to pay his fare.

What was Loughner's state of mind?

Giffords' aide: I'm blessed to be alive

Arizona shooting: A nation heals

Sheriff spokesman on Arizona shootings RELATED TOPICS
2011 Tucson Shooting
Gabrielle Giffords
Jared Loughner
Arizona
Then, at 10:10 a.m., Loughner began shooting. The first 911 call went out a minute later, and by 10:15 a.m. Loughner had been detained -- but not before 19 people had been shot, including his alleged main target, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. She is now in critical condition after being shot in the head, but her doctors have been pleased with her progress.

Earlier Friday, Pima County Sheriff's Department Capt. Chris Nanos said that it could take 10 days to get DNA test results on the black bag, which contained seven boxes of 9 mm ammunition -- the same type Loughner allegedly used in the Tucson massacre.

The bag, which is is now in the FBI's possession, also had a receipt for its purchase, according to Nanos.

A teenager walking his dog spotted the bag on Thursday in a dry riverbed near Loughner's family home, officials said. The teen gave it to a Qwest Communications worker, who called police.

"We certainly believe this is the bag" Loughner was carrying, Nanos said.

"We got ammunition in there and it matches the type used in the incident," added Richard Kastigar, the department's bureau chief, on CNN's "John King USA."

Police say Loughner's father, Randy, told them his son was carrying a black bag on Saturday morning, just hours before the attack.

"The father asked him questions similar to 'What are you doing? What is that?' and Jared mumbled something back to his dad, and his dad said he didn't understand what was said," Kastigar said. "It was unintelligible, and then Jared left."

The elder Loughner got in his vehicle and tried to follow his son, but could not find him, he said.

Motel 6 declined to provide additional details regarding Jared Loughner's stay at the motel, saying it "is fully cooperating with authorities on their ongoing investigation into the suspect's activities prior to the tragic shooting," according to a statement from company spokeswoman Laura Rojo-Eddy.

Police say they believe Loughner drove to the riverbed after being pulled over for running the red light and tossed the ammunition-filled bag.

After Loughner's his arrest Saturday, police discovered in his pockets two 15-round gun magazines, a four-inch buck knife, a plastic bag containing currency, Loughner's Arizona driver's license and a Visa credit card, said Jason Ogan, spokesman for the Pima County Sheriff's Department.

Loughner appeared in a Phoenix federal courtroom Monday to formally hear the charges against him -- including two counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of attempting to kill a member of Congress. He is now in federal custody.

Pima County on Thursday released records saying that Loughner visited the Rio Nuevo One-Stop Career Center in September, but was asked to leave because he was using a video camera and refused to turn it off despite being asked repeatedly. "He pulled a crumpled copy of the Constitution out of his pocket and waved it at me, saying it was his right," a staffer's report on the incident said.

Loughner's former community college also released records showing that he frightened fellow students and acted oddly in incidents throughout 2010. Pima Community College ultimately suspended him.

His history at the college included an incident in February in which he reacted strangely to a poem read in one of his classes and made comments about abortion, wars and killing people. Two months later, a library staffer reported he was making loud noises at a computer. Also, a teacher reported Loughner became "very hostile" after being told his grade in a pilates class would be a B.

The incidents and disruptions continued into autumn, the records said, and college officials became concerned about Loughner's mental health. After an incident in September, a police officer delivered a suspension letter to him and recounted the events that had taken place. When the officer was finished, according to the report, Loughner responded, "I realize now that this is all a scam."

On Wednesday, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals designated a district judge in California to hear Loughner's federal case. Judge Larry Burns is a 2003 Bush appointee serving in the U.S. District Court for Southern California, based in San Diego. The next scheduled federal hearing in the case is January 24 in Phoenix.

All federal judges in Arizona have recused themselves from hearing the case. The chief federal judge in Arizona -- Judge John Roll of Tucson -- was among those killed in the Saturday shooting.

Kastigar added that investigators are now certain that Loughner acted alone. A "person of interest" they sought immediately after the shooting turned out to be the taxi driver who dropped off the suspect at the shopping center, Kastigar said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Sharron Angle Defends Herself Against Ties to Arizona Shooting
Washington Post ^ | 1/13/11 | Steve Tetreault - Stephens Washington Bureau

Sharron Angle on Wednesday rejected criticism that she shares responsibility for creating a charged political atmosphere that might have contributed to the mass shooting in Arizona.

"The despicable act in Tucson is a horrifying and senseless tragedy and should be condemned as a single act of violence by a single unstable individual," Angle said in a statement that laid blame solely on the man authorities said attempted to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., on Saturday.

Six people were killed; Giffords was among the wounded.

Angle said efforts to blame her or other Tea Party figures in the attack were "irresponsible." She said suspect Jared Loughner "was obsessed with his twisted plans long before the Tea Party movement began."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxreno.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »
Loughner video with 'genocide' and 'torture' ramblings is released
LA Times ^ | 1/14/2011 | Maeve Reston and Rong-Gong Lin II

YouTube video that prompted the suspension of Tucson shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner in September was released Friday by officials at Pima Community College and included rambling statements such as "We are examining the torture of students" and "This is genocide in America."

The video, no longer on the website, was released to The Times following a public records request and offers the extended example of Loughner's voice.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

VIDEO HERE

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-jared-loughner-video-20110115,0,7041106.story

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »
Jared Loughner 'frightened' Motel 6 clerk on eve of Tucson shooting
By Philip Rucker and David Nakamura
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 2:47 PM

TUCSON - Room 411, a king-bed single in a dark and grimy Motel 6 near the railroad tracks on the western edge of Tucson, served as the staging ground for Jared Loughner's series of pre-dawn errands before last Saturday's shooting spree outside a suburban supermarket here.

Loughner checked into the motel at 12:29 a.m. on Jan. 8, police said, before criss-crossing the city buying ammunition, developing pictures and stopping at gas station convenience stores. Loughner, wearing a baseball hat, approached the hotel's check-in window, made of bullet-proof glass, and used a credit card to rent the room, paying $43.71, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

The 22-year-old struck the hotel's overnight front-desk clerk as strange. The clerk told authorities he did not appear to be under the influence of drugs but "was just messed up," according to the source, who spoke only under the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the investigation.

A few hours after checking in, Loughner was seen pacing along the motel's first-floor hallway - long and straight, with blue swirl carpeting and a white popcorn ceiling. The desk attendant asked him what he was doing, but he did not reply. The clerk told investigators about being "scared" and that "he gave off an aura that frightened me," the source said.

Loughner was alone and was not carrying any bags when he checked into the motel, the source said, and it was not immediately known whether he left anything behind in the room.

The FBI obtained video surveillance from the motel showing Loughner checking into the property and interviewed motel employees and other potential witnesses as they piece together his final movements before allegedly opening fire at a civic gathering at a strip mall some five miles away. Authorities say Loughner killed six people and injured 13 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.).

After checking into the Motel 6, Loughner went to a nearby Walgreens to retrieve the film he had developed. The photos showed Loughner wearing a red G-string and holding a gun near his buttocks, according to law enforcement sources.

A few minutes later, at 2:34 a.m., Loughner made a purchase at a Chevron store, and later posted a bulletin on his Myspace page titled "Goodbye friends," according to a detailed timeline of events released Friday by the Pima County Sheriff's Department.

Before dawn on Saturday, Loughner approached the Motel 6 front desk attendant to check out. The clerk told him he had the room until check-out time at noon, but he left anyway, the source said. The clerk old investigators: "Nothing was right with him."

This clerk's reaction to Loughner is significant, the source said, because the hotel regularly attracts some abnormal guests. Several days prior to Loughner's visit, a guest used the bed to barricade himself in his room - Room 415, a few doors down from Loughner's room - and committed suicide by shooting himself in his head, according to the source.

Soon after Loughner checked out of the Motel 6, he tried to buy ammunition at a Wal-Mart store nearby. After those efforts failed, he drove two miles to a Super Wal-Mart store and bought the ammunition.

ruckerp@washpost.com nakamurad@washpost.com

________________________ ________________________ __________

Palins' fault.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
Reports: Giffords can converse, mouth simple songs
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 7:07 PM
Updated: Feb 14, 2011 12:48 PM

PHOENIX (AP) - Rep. Gabrielle Giffords can walk while holding onto a cart, mouth the lyrics to easy songs and have simple conversations, according to family, staff and her doctors.

Mark Kelly said in an interview broadcast Monday on NBC that he can ask his wife questions and she can respond.

"The communication is coming back very quickly," he said.

Kelly said she is trying so hard that her speech therapist, who only a few days ago was trying to get her to talk more, is now asking Giffords to slow down and make sure she hears the question before giving an answer.

As an example, Kelly spoke of a time when the therapist had three cards on a table, one with a picture of George W. Bush, one with a picture of President Barack Obama and another with an image of George Washington.

"Before she was asked a question, she'd picked up the card and held it up and said 'George Bush,'" Kelly told NBC's Brian Williams. "She's a hard worker and she's trying. She's speaking a lot and at some level they are asking her to slow down a little bit."

The New York Times, citing doctors and her staff, reported on its website late Sunday that Giffords' efforts to relearn how to speak have included mouthing song lyrics, such as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Happy Birthday to You," as friends and family sang along.

Giffords also briefly spoke with her brother-in-law Scott Kelly by telephone Sunday afternoon as he orbited aboard the International Space Station.

"She said, hi, I'm good," her chief of staff, Pia Carusone, told the paper. He is the brother of Giffords' husband, who is also an astronaut.

She has also been receiving bedside briefings from aides on the recent uprising in Egypt and on last week's decision by Republican Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona not to seek re-election,

"We tell her everything that's going on," Carusone said. "Don't get the idea she's speaking in paragraphs, but she definitely understands what we're saying and she's verbalizing."

Giffords was shot in the head Jan. 8 while meeting with constituents outside a Tucson grocery store. Six people, including a 9-year-old girl and a federal judge, were killed in the attack, and 13 others, including Giffords, were wounded.

The congresswoman began intensive rehabilitation at TIRR Memorial Hermann in Houston late last month. The Times reported that an e-mail sent to friends about a week ago by Giffords' mother said that Giffords has been doing squats and repetitive motions to build her muscles and walking through the hospital's halls while holding onto a cart.

The 40-year-old Giffords has beaten one of her nurses at tic-tac-toe and has changed from "kind of a limp noodle" to someone who is "alert, sits up straight with good posture," the e-mail from Gloria Giffords said.

Doctors said in late January that they planned to insert a speaking valve into her tracheostomy - a tube inserted into Giffords' throat to assist her breathing immediately after the shooting. Her doctors have not said whether that procedure took place or whether the tube was removed since she no longer needs it.

Rehabilitation specialists say brain injury patients who regain speech typically begin to do so about four to six weeks after the incident. Several news organizations reported last week that Giffords asked for toast with her breakfast one recent morning.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14022846

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: February 14, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »
Dems are already talking about throwimg her on the 2012 ballot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »
Giffords doing 'remarkably well,' astronaut husband says
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 24, 2011

(CNN) -- The commander of the upcoming space shuttle mission began a prelaunch news conference Thursday by addressing the condition of his wife, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
Astronaut Mark Kelly said Giffords, who was shot in the head January 8, is doing "remarkably well."

"She's improving every day, and in the realm of brain injuries," he said, "that is very significant and pretty rare."

Kelly, who will command the Shuttle Endeavour on an April mission to the international space station, said he hopes Giffords will be able to attend Endeavour's liftoff and he thinks there is a "pretty good chance" that will happen.

Kelly said he sees Giffords every morning and evening and that she receives occasional briefings from her staff. Most of her time is spent in therapy.

"She's starting to walk, talk more -- more every day -- and she's starting to process some of the tragedy that we all went through in January," Kelly said. "She's going through that as we speak."

At the end of the news conference, Kelly was asked whether training for this mission was more challenging given the obvious distractions of his wife's recovery.

"I think it would have been really challenging if this was my first shuttle flight or if it was even my first flight as a commander of the space shuttle," said Kelly, who has flown three times before -- twice as pilot and once as a commander.

Kelly said it's been very manageable handling what's going on in his personal life while focusing on the mission.

"I've given this mission everything I would have if the events of January 8th did not happen," he said. "So I'm very focused (and) we're very prepared as a crew."

The 14-day mission, set to take off April 19 at Kennedy Space Center in Florida, will be the 36th shuttle mission to the international space station.

Kelly will be commanding a crew of four other Americans and one astronaut from the European Space Agency.

NASA has said the shuttle will be delivering equipment and spare parts for the station including two communications antennas; a high-pressure gas tank; parts for Dextre, a robot attached to the outside of the space station; and micrometeoroid debris shields.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/24/space.shuttle.giffords/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
Giffords Able to Stand on Own, Working to Improve Movement in Rehab
Published April 24, 2011
FoxNews.com

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords can stand and is using a bowling ball and grocery cart to assist her rehabilitation. She struggles to form long sentences. But, she told her nurse, she wants to return home and "walk a mountain."

These were among the glimpses into Giffords' recovery detailed in a lengthy article Sunday in The Arizona Republic. Based on interviews with friends, family and doctors, the Republic described the slow-but-steady progress Giffords has made since she was shot, along with 18 others, in early January in Tucson.

The Republic reported that Giffords is able to stand without assistance and can walk a bit. However, the bullet wound on the left side of her brain has limited movement in her right arm and leg. She is working on those muscles in therapy at Houston's TIRR Memorial Hermann, pushing a grocery cart and performing other simple tasks. The injuries have forced her to become left-handed, at least for now.

Though the article described a gradual recovery, the doctor in charge said she ranked in the top 5 percent of patients dealing with these kinds of injuries. According to the Republic, Giffords can speak in sentences once she first forms them in her mind, but most often uses brief phrases to communicate.

Her chief of staff told the newspaper that, save for a thin scar on her forehead and shorter hair, she looks almost the same as she did before the shooting.

Giffords also has not yet learned the full scope of the shooting Jan. 8. She grieved for weeks after learning six were killed in the massacre, according to the article. But Giffords' husband, Mark Kelly, has not told his wife that a federal judge, one of her aides and a 9-year-old girl were among the dead.

Click here to read the full story in The Arizona Republic.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/24/giffords-able-stand-working-improve-movement-rehab/#ixzz1KToLu9OY

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
im telling you guys... she'd be the perfect 'october surprise' for obama... 5 days before the election, early thursday, she appears with him at a Penn or FL event... whew... talk about feelgood news that'll spill over thru election tuesday.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
Yeah ok 240.  Let's not forget you were the first to blame palin along w your bf blacken and benny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
Yeah ok 240.  Let's not forget you were the first to blame palin along w your bf blacken and benny. 

i didn't say it would be anything except a political stunt on obama's part.  but he did the same thing with a sick teddy kennedy, didn't he?  rolled him out for campaign/political gain?