Author Topic: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?  (Read 25069 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
Yes its getting on my nerves as well time for a drink. 8)
One up on you already. Get cracking, youngster.   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Who here
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »
Sure, but you can have your steak, potatoes and fruit salad for lunch and later in the day have a snickers bar too and nothing bad will happen to you.

Why is a snickers bar bad? Because it has sugar? trans fat? saturated fat?
You can easily fit in a snickers bar into the calorie numbers of your normal diet and be fine eating them every once in a while.

I just don't get the idea of good vs bad foods and 'cheat' meals and the such.

Never said you should never eat Snickers or drink Coke. But you know what type of food should constitute the majority of your caloric intake and what shouldn't, which is the point of the whole discussion.

If you eat 5 meals a day, one of them can be Snickers and Coke, but if you consume that for 4 of the meals and eat steak and potatoes for one meal, you're going to look and feel very different than how you'd look and feel vice versa.

Amazing concept

;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
I'll admit that sugar probably isn't all that beneficial, but I really think that saturated fat has it's place, and is very beneficial for size and strength gains.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
Amazing concept

Just let me have my donuts.  >:(

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
Sure, but you can have your steak, potatoes and fruit salad for lunch and later in the day have a snickers bar too and nothing bad will happen to you.

Why is a snickers bar bad? Because it has sugar? trans fat? saturated fat?
You can easily fit in a snickers bar into the calorie numbers of your normal diet and be fine eating them every once in a while.

I just don't get the idea of good vs bad foods and 'cheat' meals and the such.

Everything is "healthy" in moderation of course, but I think you will agree that a chicken breast is much healthier than a large snickers bar or a cheeseburger in terms of cals/prot/carb/fat. You also have to take low/high GI into consideration as well. The problem with most bad foods is that they increase your bloodsugar which results in the body craving for more food in less time. So very often bad food leads to more bad food to maintain the bloodsugar level. I have very often found myself very hungry in just an hour prior to consuming a large cheeseburger. Having some oatmeal with a proteinshake would be much more beneficial for the body in terms of quality macros and longterm digestion.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
Never said you should never eat Snickers or drink Coke. But you know what type of food should constitute the majority of your caloric intake and what shouldn't, which is the point of the whole discussion.

If you eat 5 meals a day, one of them can be Snickers and Coke, but if you consume that for 4 of the meals and eat steak and potatoes for one meal, you're going to look and feel very different than how you'd look and feel vice versa.

I agree with what you posted here..its just the labeling of good vs bad or cheat meals and the such that I don't agree with. Can't people just generically view food as fuel?  ???

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
Everything is "healthy" in moderation of course, but I think you will agree that a chicken breast is much healthier than a large snickers bar or a cheeseburger in terms of cals/prot/carb/fat. You also have to take low/high GI into consideration as well. The problem with most bad foods is that they increase your bloodsugar which results in the body craving for more food in less time. So very often bad food leads to more bad food to maintain the bloodsugar level. I have very often found myself very hungry in just an hour prior to consuming a large cheeseburger. Having some oatmeal with a proteinshake would be much more beneficial for the body in terms of quality macros and longterm digestion.

I say its individual. I feel much more satiety from a cheeseburger than from a protein shake/oatmeal meal due to the fat content. I never paid much attention to the GI of foods either, plenty of qualified people have discredited anyway.
I don't think you can compare a chicken breast with a snickers bar simply because one is pure protein and the other is not..but why not have both?

The only problem that I see with having things like cheeseburgers or candy bars in a fat loss diet is the difficulty of fitting a high calorie dense food in a tightly controlled calories diet. But some people are able to do it just fine, so it becomes a matter of convenience and simple preference imo.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Fat loss/diet!? Fair enough, but it's a niggardly discrepancy.  (no racist)
8) This guy had the key to life dont worry about it knock some HR's, eat some hotdogs, have a drink and slay hoes.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »
8) This guy had the key to life dont worry about it knock some HR's, eat some hotdogs, have a drink and slay hoes.

Ha! Imagine running the bases with the nail. Ouch.   :-X

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Who here
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
Seriously.......can everybody shut the fuck up with this nonsense already?

Indeed

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
Allright fellas, I gotta stop fucking around and dial it in now and get down to a true sub-7, so I'd like to get some feedback on my plan, which is as follows: 3 days lo cal (roughly 1200) cycled with 1 day normal cal (not more than 3000) I plan to follow this "diet" for 4 weeks or until I hit sub-7. P.S. I will be getting roughly 150 grams a day on my low cal days.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2011, 12:55:52 AM »
No scientific definition but its understood that clean food = low fat & low sugar.

I don't think so, in low carb or keto diets, it's perfectly fine to eat lots of fat.
Sugar is avoided in most (not all) "bodybuilding diets", but there really is no scientific reason for it, body composition wise.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2011, 01:03:22 AM »
Allright fellas, I gotta stop fucking around and dial it in now and get down to a true sub-7, so I'd like to get some feedback on my plan, which is as follows: 3 days lo cal (roughly 1200) cycled with 1 day normal cal (not more than 3000) I plan to follow this "diet" for 4 weeks or until I hit sub-7. P.S. I will be getting roughly 150 grams a day on my low cal days.

It's all perfectly fine as long as you are in an overall deficit and the low cal days don't effect your workout intensity too much. If they do, just ditch the "cycling", it's irrelevant anyway.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
Bunch of pussies looking for an easy way to get ripped!!

If it was easy,everyone would be at 5 % bf.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:16 AM »
Bunch of pussies looking for an easy way to get ripped!!
If it was easy,everyone would be at 5 % bf.

It aint easy for most people to just put down the fork.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
It aint easy for most people to put down the fork.
This is very true,but as a bodybuilder you have to build discipline as well as your body if you wanna` get anywhere.

Wave,you and Adam are the only proponents of the "calorie is a calorie" concept that look good....most of the others are just lazy fucks who lose about 2 pounds over 6 months time.   :'(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »
This is very true,but as a bodybuilder you have to build discipline as well as your body if you wanna` get anywhere.

Wave,you and Adam are the only proponents of the "calorie is a calorie" concept that look good....most of the others are just lazy fucks who lose about 2 pounds over 6 months time.   :'(

But wouldn't that be the same (if not even worse) if they had to follow even more strict rules?
Of course one must have enough willpower to consistently eat less. Most people simply don't.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »

why low and high days, just all days moderate..... very occasional treat here and there, thats if you want sub 7

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #294 on: January 25, 2011, 03:53:46 AM »
Honestly man, it's what worked best for me in the past, and as I have been reading Lyle McDonald's stuff lately, it just confirmed my beliefs. The thing that's interesting is that I 1st came across this concept of calorie cycling from the Cybergenics bodybuilding system, they advised nearly the exact same calorie cycling as McDonald does, and this cybergenics manual was 1st printed in 1985.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #295 on: January 25, 2011, 03:59:53 AM »