Author Topic: What piece of advice would you give to a new bodybuilder?  (Read 14116 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: What piece of advice would you give to a new bodybuilder?
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
I think this is one of the huge side effects to taking all the garbage supplements sold today.  Most contain 97% sugar and the rest is some mixture of protein, creatine and a few other products.  Anyone will grow with enough garbage..

"1"

I think becoming a fat ass is due to guys thinking they can eat anything under to grow and pack in garbage on top of their supps and "diet food"

Stavios

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »
No over the counter anything. No matter how big the guy is that is telling you to use some. Use only Liquid egg whites for supplementing your protein with you reg/food. Everything else is basically bunk.  Before you increase the weights, learn as much as you can about the muscle/mind connection. If you ever get a major mental illness and find yourself wanting to become a serial killer, you may want to consider taking out Palumbo first. You would be looked at as a hero in most the world.

I like liquid eggs much better than protein powder

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »
I like liquid eggs much better than protein powder

we don't have that stuff here in europe.   :'(

I want papetti eggwhites + waffles. gh15 style breakfast BABY!!!!!!11

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
LIE... It is a sprint to the fullest. Load up juice up as young as possible, otherwise if you are smart you will come to the realization its a stupid sport thats too expensive and drop out. To be success you must juice young hard and fast. Don't worry about kidneys... injectibles won't harm them too bad.

so what your saying is jump on mega doses from the getgo instead of working up to them gradually year after year?  we all know how that turns out. Part of the reason there is no good bodybuilders as of today. Guys jumping on slin wthin their first year or steroids. Phil heath for example. Of course I could be totally wrong but wouldnt this not explain the shit bbers of today?
l

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »
It's not gay if the balls don't touch.

What are you, Derek Anthony's dad ???

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Strive for excellence, exceed yourself, love your friend, speak the truth, practice fidelity, and honor your father and mother. These principles will help you master yourself, make you strong, give you hope and put you on the path to greatness.   ;)
a

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
Strive for excellence, exceed yourself, love your friend, speak the truth, practice fidelity, and honor your father and mother. These principles will help you master yourself, make you strong, give you hope and put you on the path to greatness.   ;)

Did Joe actually say that? Great stuff regardless - always liked it.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »
Dude needs to get some baggy pants, a fanny pack and a gallon jug of water before he can even being to call himself a bodybuilder.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
My advice would not to get into bodybuilding period, and play soccer like this guy..you'll get lots of that "pussy" stuff
! [/youtube]

OneMoreRep also tell the lad if he needs a sponsor Moosejay will help out.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 05:20:23 PM »
Did Joe actually say that? Great stuff regardless - always liked it.

Well in 1990 at some Bodybuilding awards dinner in Santa Monica, I actually asked him to recite the "Weider Motto" and he said it word for word. Very fun night and a very funny moment. He was there with Betty.
a

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
Always measure the gap under the toilet cubicle door and make sure your paper bag is at least 3 inches longer than said gap.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
steroids are just a finishing touch, about 2.5% of the equation.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
Always make sure the do not disturb sign is securely fastened to your hotel door when entertaining guests in your Las Vegas hotel room that overlooks a man made waterfall.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »
Cool story, TWB.

LOFL @ AoO's posts!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Always measure the gap under the toilet cubicle door and make sure your paper bag is at least 3 inches longer than said gap.

ArmyOF"1",

That advice would be better suited for an actual IFBB pro, this is just a youngster starting off, he hasn't been broken in yet to the "other" side of bodybuilding..

Good post though..

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »
you don't have to be a pro to be professional

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Stick to heavy compound movements. Eat.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
If you are not at least Bi curious, then forget the whole thing. It will save you a lot of shrink bills and awkward moments telling your kids about your regrets on your death bed.
Trans Milkshake.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
Before buying a gym membership and possibly worrying about others watching you as you struggle to lift baby weight (which will cause you to try to lift weight that you can't handle with brutal form), train at home (with a simple dumbbell and barbell set) until you have good familiarity with the proper form required on the basic bread and butter exercises.

The biggest mistake that I made when I started was not giving myself enough rest days in between training sessions.  I think I tried to copy a training split that I saw in a mag (like 3 on and one off) and I didn't realize that you grow when your body is resting/recuperating.   

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
With the way things have been going lately on this forum, the prevailing 'theme' would seem to dictate something along the lines of: "Don't do it..."

If this game of bodybuilding had more to do with lifting weights and being healthy -- as opposed to the dominating drug factor, maybe one might recommend something of value, but for now?

Fuck it. Forget it.

Too dangerous. Dead end.

Worthless. Waste of fucking time.

You could always advise "natural" bodybuilding, but that is an oxyMORON for morons, right?

Why would someone want a Prius when everyone else is driving an Aston?

Get my drift? Too cynical? Don't fucking care?

Gh15 has really brought some reality to this topic, regardless of what people might think, he is actually more truthful than not. How would real men (are there any here??) advise their sons?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »
With the way things have been going lately on this forum, the prevailing 'theme' would seem to dictate something along the lines of: "Don't do it..."

If this game of bodybuilding had more to do with lifting weights and being healthy -- as opposed to the dominating drug factor, maybe one might recommend something of value, but for now?

Fuck it. Forget it.

Too dangerous. Dead end.

You could always advise "natural" bodybuilding, but that is an oxyMORON for morons, right?

Gh15 has really brought some reality to this topic, regardless of what people might think, he is actually more truthful than not. How would real men (are there any here??) advise their sons?

meltdown.

cliff notes please.

To the OP:
Beginner should start with a focus on holistic training and establishing some basic strength and coordination. A program like HST (full body routine) would be good with machine exercises. Get an experienced trainer to show you how to perform them. Read up on your own to verify what you're doing is correct.
follow the arrows

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »

Fuck it. Forget it.

Too dangerous. Dead end.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
Naaaaaaaaaahhhh....

Advices?

Watch Pumping Iron over and over and over.

Then go to gym and scream at top of lungs.

Good advices.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »
Slap him as hard as you can in the head, and tell him to go to university and get a PAYING JOB

when he starts to stutter back a response point to him the successful careers of : tom prince, flex wheeler, chris cormier, craig titus, mike matarazzo....'

all top pro's from the 90's who are now in not so good condition.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
...Don't drop the soap in front of a judge.