Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24951 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:34 PM »
What Im saying is this:
Just in this thread you have 10 different people, who split up their routines 10 different ways, and the truth is it makes no difference.  Consistency over time yields results, it doesnt matter if you train chest the day before or after back unless you are a very developed bodybuilder trying to fine tune a physique.  Trying to copy 'Dorians' training routine will not make you Dorian for a multitude of reasons.

Dont waste gym time doing crap exercises because you saw that Jay Cutler does them in the newest issue of flex magazine.  Stick to the basics.  Show me a guy who can bench squat and deadlift 400lbs each, and I'll show you a guy with 'muscular arms'.  

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
What Im saying is this:
Just in this thread you have 10 different people, who split up their routines 10 different ways, and the truth is it makes no difference.  Consistency over time yields results, it doesnt matter if you train chest the day before or after back unless you are a very developed bodybuilder trying to fine tune a physique.  Trying to copy 'Dorians' training routine will not make you Dorian for a multitude of reasons.  

Dont waste gym time doing crap exercises because you saw that Jay Cutler does them in the newest issue of flex magazine.  Stick to the basics.  Show me a guy who can bench squat and deadlift 400lbs each, and I'll show you a guy with 'muscular arms'.  

That's true.

One thing that I think is very important is to shock your muscles and surprise them with new exercises. So for that reason I throw in lots of odd lifts just to do something different.

But overall, all you really gotta do is pound the weights consistently for a long time.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
does any here remember "Rotation for Recuperation" ?

you'd train each bp 2 x first week and 1x the second week

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »
That's true.

One thing that I think is very important is to shock your muscles and surprise them with new exercises. So for that reason I throw in lots of odd lifts just to do something different.

But overall, all you really gotta do is pound the weights consistently for a long time.

yea, pretty much, but he changed his tone and content, in epically backpedalling fashion. The keyboard warrior entered in this thread so full of attitude.... "just do some compounds and forget about everything else, or kill yourself brah", in a brutal showboating performance for his clique.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »
Your genetics are the last and final word on how big you will be and how you look. you think Phil heath or Lee Priest haven't tried every fucking routine there is to improve their pecs?...and yet they both still have sub-par chests, even after years of pro-level cycles.

this goes for EVERYONE. if you are a skinny tit with zero muscle, odds are you will remain a skinny tit no matter what you do

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
Your genetics are the last and final word on how big you will be and how you look. you think Phil heath or Lee Priest haven't tried every fucking routine there is to improve their pecs?...and yet they both still have sub-par chests, even after years of pro-level cycles.

this goes for EVERYONE. if you are a skinny tit with zero muscle, odds are you will remain a skinny tit no matter what you do

This is true. And this is why you have a sub-par chest also. You could inject some synthol in there to pump that shit up, you ever thought about trying that?

You're wrong about skinny tits though. If they get on the sauce they blow up huge usually. I've seen guys as skinny as Steve Urkel turn into fuckin massive dudes plenty of time.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
that's an interesting thought.  not a bad idea really.

do you know what I'm referring too?

Frank Calta promoted it

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »
the "shock your muscle with different exercise" stuff is some of the worst BS to ever grace the face of the earth!!!

you "shock your muscle" by lifting hard enough when you go to the gym.  saying you need to change exercises because your body "adapts" to a stimulus is so unbelievably counterproductive... it's a stupid trick to sell more magazines with "new" workout routines.  anyone who believes this is going to eternally think that, as soon as they hit a problem, they should rotate out an exercise... wrong!!!  As soon as you run into a problem, you should THINK about WHY, and FIX whatever REAL problem you have.

An obvious counterpoint to this stupid belief is how olympic lifters do the same like four lifts every day their lives and somehow have insanely developed legs, erectors, traps, etc.  guess their bodies forgot to "adapt."  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
This is true. And this is why you have a sub-par chest also. You could inject some synthol in there to pump that shit up, you ever thought about trying that?

You're wrong about skinny tits though. If they get on the sauce they blow up huge usually. I've seen guys as skinny as Steve Urkel turn into fuckin massive dudes plenty of time.

My chest is just fine....i guarantee there are very few here with thicker pecs than me.

as far as the sauce...that's another discussion entirely. but please show me all of these skinny dudes you have "seen blow up huge"....this is an actual discussion here, leave your usual bullshit at the door.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »

genetics does play a huge role but is definetly not the final word. you can take a so called genetic freak and make him train like shit and eat candys and carbs all day, he will never sport a six pack, ever.

I know guys that have have excellent physiques naturally and all of them bust their asses off at the gym and are paranoid, almost psychopath, about their diets. Have never met or hear about those genetic gods that trained average and ate average while sporting a 200lb ripped phsyque, not even close do that.

In a nutshefll, if you have bad genetics no matter what you do or eat you will look always way bellow average. If you have good genetics you have the potencial but you still have to train and eat like a mofo. There is no free lunch either way. I REPEAT, NO SUCH THING AS GENECTIC GODS.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
the "shock your muscle with different exercise" stuff is some of the worst BS to ever grace the face of the earth!!!

you "shock your muscle" by lifting hard enough when you go to the gym.  saying you need to change exercises because your body "adapts" to a stimulus is so unbelievably counterproductive... it's a stupid trick to sell more magazines with "new" workout routines.  anyone who believes this is going to eternally think that, as soon as they hit a problem, they should rotate out an exercise... wrong!!!  As soon as you run into a problem, you should THINK about WHY, and FIX whatever REAL problem you have.

An obvious counterpoint to this stupid belief is how olympic lifters do the same like four lifts every day their lives and somehow have insanely developed legs, erectors, traps, etc.  guess their bodies forgot to "adapt."  ::)
My body does adapt and new stimulus does work it harder.

For example. Last month I went ice skating for the first time in years. After ice skating my legs felt FRIED and I could barely walk. Of course, if I ice skated regularly I wouldn't get that intense soreness like that.

Or a couple days ago I did some shrugs, which I havn't done in months. And it totally FRIED my traps and just stimulated the muscle deeply.

It does work.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
Your genetics are the last and final word on how big you will be and how you look.

x2

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
My chest is just fine....i guarantee there are very few here with thicker pecs than me.

as far as the sauce...that's another discussion entirely. but please show me all of these skinny dudes you have "seen blow up huge"....this is an actual discussion here, leave your usual bullshit at the door.

Well the guys i've seen blow up are just guys i've known and met over the years. I don't have any pics.

gh15 said the same thing. He said skinny guys often have a great potential to turn into monsters if they go on aas and gh.

Just look at guys like Kevin Levrone. He's a whole lot of nothing naturally, but he gets on the sauce and he blows the fuck up. It's all about how well your steroid receptors are firing.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »
my current split is:

day 1: chest (10 sets) + biceps (8 sets) + forearms (4 sets) + hams (4 sets)..
day 2: back (12 sets) + traps (6 sets) + abs (6 sets) + calves (8 sets)..
day 3: shoulders (12 sets) + triceps (8 sets) + quads (6 sets)..

if i train alone it takes 35-45 minutes max. to finish any workout.. with my training partner we finish in around one hour.. i always do 2 sets per exercise the first is very heavy (5-7 reps) and the second to be moderate (9-11 reps),.. both sets to failure..

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
gh15 said the same thing. He said skinny guys often have a great potential to turn into monsters if they go on aas and gh.

All depends on their response to gear. Some of the greatest bodybuilders of all time were skinny fucking twinks before they juiced. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »
genetics does play a huge role but is definetly not the final word. you can take a so called genetic freak and make him train like shit and eat candys and carbs all day, he will never sport a six pack, ever.

I know guys that have have excellent physiques naturally and all of them bust their asses off at the gym and are paranoid, almost psychopath, about their diets. Have never met or hear about those genetic gods that trained average and ate average while sporting a 200lb ripped phsyque, not even close do that.

In a nutshefll, if you have bad genetics no matter what you do or eat you will look always way bellow average. If you have good genetics you have the potencial but you still have to train and eat like a mofo. There is no free lunch either way. I REPEAT, NO SUCH THING AS GENECTIC GODS.

so you are agreeing with me.

The thing is the guy who eats candy has the POTENTIAL to look insane, he just doesn't train or eat properly. the guy with shit genetics will NEVER look insane no matter what he does...genetics rule all.

In my statement i am assuming all things are equal as far as training and diet.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
my current split is:

day 1: chest (10 sets) + biceps (8 sets) + forearms (4 sets) + hams (4 sets)..
day 2: back (12 sets) + traps (6 sets) + abs (6 sets) + calves (8 sets)..
day 3: shoulders (12 sets) + triceps (8 sets) + quads (6 sets)..

if i train alone it takes 35-45 minutes max. to finish any workout.. with my training partner we finish in around one hour.. i always do sets per exercise the first is very heavy (5-7 reps) and the second to be moderate (9-11 reps),.. both sets to failure..

Chest alone takes 40 min for me, sometimes even more. I probably do more sets and use more intervals (1 to 3 min) which lets me lift more intensely I believe.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

I REPEAT, NO SUCH THING AS GENECTIC GODS.

LOL ^

You’re an idiot and have no clue what you‘re talking about. Genetic freaks eat like complete shit and hardly train.. and still look awesome.   

Lots of people eat total garbage and possess a six pack. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Well the guys i've seen blow up are just guys i've known and met over the years. I don't have any pics.

Just look at guys like Kevin Levrone. He's a whole lot of nothing naturally, but he gets on the sauce and he blows the fuck up. It's all about how well your steroid receptors are firing.

If a "skinny" guy is a lean dude with good structure and muscle bellies, then yeah he will look great, like levrone.

for every one guy like that, there are a hundred who will just get bigger and not look impressive

response to gear is part of "genetics"....but that's a different discussion. i thought we were talking about natty trainers here.

as far as you knowing plenty of skinny guys who have gotten huge on the juice, sorry but i'm calling bullshit as usual. Now all of the sudden you are a wizened old gym rat who has spent decades in the gym? doubt it. i doubt you know three people in real life who have taken steroids

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »
so you are agreeing with me.

The thing is the guy who eats candy has the POTENTIAL to look insane, he just doesn't train or eat properly. the guy with shit genetics will NEVER look insane no matter what he does...genetics rule all.

In my statement i am assuming all things are equal as far as training and diet.

yea I agree, but the original point was that mr keyboard warrior was mockering the idea of fine tuning a workout and then some epic generalizations came from it. From that point everything turned into a fuck fest. Now it seems the discussion is starting to be positive again.
Also, I am pretty much a stick to the basics, a-b-c guy. But again, thats not what was being talked about during in the first pages.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
LOL ^

You’re an idiot and have no clue what you‘re talking about. Genetic freaks eat like complete shit and hardly train.. and still look awesome.   

Lots of people eat total garbage and possess a six pack. 

::)  ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
hahah Lift heavy shit, relax, lift heavier shit, relax.....repeat X infinity.

LOL @ all the complications people put into their workouts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
hahah Lift heavy shit, relax, lift heavier shit, relax.....repeat X infinity.

LOL @ all the complications people put into their workouts.

says the mod of the TRAINING board, lol, gotta love ole getbig ;D

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
::)  ::)

Yes.. roll your eyes. You’re talking out of your ass. Its comical.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
says the mod of the TRAINING board, lol, gotta love ole getbig ;D
What's your point ???

Is it your opinion that a complicated workout is a "better" workout than a simple one ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!