Author Topic: Lesnar vs Dos Santos  (Read 1828 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Lesnar vs Dos Santos
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:23:48 AM »
Like 2-3 weeks ago someone reported here that Lesnar was done with MMA.

Yesterday I heard at the Gym that Brock is far from done. He is going to be coaching the upcoming Ultimate Fighter tv show..... And fighting Junior Dos Santos!!! (I felt Junior has clearly done enough to deserve a title shot with Velasquez)

spinnis

Re: Lesnar vs Dos Santos
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:06:08 AM »
He (jds) was supposed to fight Cain, but cain had a shoulder injury after the lesnar fight which he decided to do something about (real injury but Maby could have waited)

So that lead to the perfect oppertunity for Lesnar Vs JDS as coaches. Dana probably told him to deal with the injury Now lol.

This will draw a SHITLOAD of viewers so a great move by Dana.

JDS is an actual coach at home I think. And Lesnar can probably help with training and wrestling.. They bring in a a few coaches so the Main guys doesnt really do allt he work. Hence why this works even with LEsnar limited experience.

After he fights Jds. He has had probably the hardest first matchups for a rookie Ever.  ITs gonna be fun to see some personality, I wish he coached against someone who would provoke him though lol.

Its gonna he a tough matchup because I dont think jds has good wrestling. And that is needed to stop the TD. Good hands though.
IM glad they made this though so jds doesnt have to wait for sooooo long before fighting again.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
Like 2-3 weeks ago someone reported here that Lesnar was done with MMA.

Yesterday I heard at the Gym that Brock is far from done. He is going to be coaching the upcoming Ultimate Fighter tv show..... And fighting Junior Dos Santos!!! (I felt Junior has clearly done enough to deserve a title shot with Velasquez)

JDS stated that he didn't want to wait until Cain had recovered from surgery and felt that an interim title fight should be held. But seeing that Cain has a definite return date now, an interim fight would be pointless.

JDS is really in a win/win situation here. The TUF show will give him tons of exposure, especially with Brock on there. Then he fights Brock, and win or lose, he will have made some good money.  Even with a loss to Brock, he will still be at the top of the HW division. Regardless, JDS vs. Brock will tell us a lot about both fighters future.  Brock has suspect striking and JDS has a suspect ground game. Can either overcome their weakness?

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
I have no idea how Dana talked lesnar into doing this shit though lol. As he has said/shown, very personal guy..

how much $ did he have to put up is the question lol.

This is also a move to get some new Brazil fans before they have an event over there.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:23 AM »
People get on Lesnar but honestly the dude has had to run the gauntlet in the heavyweight division. All of his fights in the ufc have been against top guys. I hope he wrestle fucks jds to the ground and then pounds his face into hamburger meat like he did Mir.

sprawl king

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:08 AM »
Cigano will murder Lesnar ;D Lesnar's days are done and he knows it!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »
This will be a  great opportunity for Lesner to perfect the running turtle maneuver.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Lesnar is going to lose badly.

And Lesnar was the UFC champion after fighting absolute cans for his first 5 MMA fights. He has two tough fights and in actuality he shouldve lost both-- Mike Rosenthal wasn't there to save him the second time.

He is a shit fighter, a paper tiger and a joke. JDS will rape him and his "team" is going to be coached into losing every fight.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
This will be a  great opportunity for Lesner to perfect the running turtle maneuver.

haha, SS, if there had been a car in the octagon, he would have tried to climb under it..... ;D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
haha, SS, if there had been a car in the octagon, he would have tried to climb under it..... ;D
That move does sound familiar ;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Lesnar is going to lose badly.

And Lesnar was the UFC champion after fighting absolute cans for his first 5 MMA fights. He has two tough fights and in actuality he shouldve lost both-- Mike Rosenthal wasn't there to save him the second time.

He is a shit fighter, a paper tiger and a joke. JDS will rape him and his "team" is going to be coached into losing every fight.

JDS better bring his wrestling shoes for this one. Brock is no fool, he will just out wrestle JDS.  That's what Cain had on Brock, he was able to stuff the takedowns and land some shots. JDS will not even get a chance to strike.

With that being said, Brock will never see a title again though and JDS will be exposed for the one-trick pony he is.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
He (jds) was supposed to fight Cain, but cain had a shoulder injury after the lesnar fight which he decided to do something about (real injury but Maby could have waited)

So that lead to the perfect oppertunity for Lesnar Vs JDS as coaches. Dana probably told him to deal with the injury Now lol.

JDS is an actual coach at home I think. And Lesnar can probably help with training and wrestling.. They bring in a a few coaches so the Main guys doesnt really do allt he work. Hence why this works even with LEsnar limited experience.

After he fights Jds. He has had probably the hardest first matchups for a rookie Ever.  ITs gonna be fun to see some personality, I wish he coached against someone who would provoke him though lol.

Its gonna he a tough matchup because I dont think jds has good wrestling. And that is needed to stop the TD. Good hands though.
IM glad they made this though so jds doesnt have to wait for sooooo long before fighting again.
If Brockolli can avoid getting hit and take JDS down,and keep him down....He'll win and look good doing it! Brockolli has a mean ground and pound.. But if he get's tagged(can't take a punch),he'll be in huge trouble..

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Having Brock on a ppv or tv show will ensure that the ratings are high and the buyrates are tight. Not to mention, he has something to prove after his last outing/beating. I think Brock will win this fight.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »
Here's why he will lose- A one dimensional fighter that never bothers to evolve ( or doesn't have the time) usually loses to most legitimate opponents who are versitile and well prepared. Brock isn't going to waste his time going from a pathetic striker to a below average one. That would require time and effort. All he's going to do is what he always does-- wrestle and lift tires; not do any real sparring, handpick all of his trainers so they don't mouth off or push him and expect to use size and strength to finish fights. As soon as JDS makes it out of round 1, Brock is finished. And to tell you the truth, all JDS as to do is work on stuffing takedowns and getting up--- thats all-- and he will win convincingly.

Brock can't strike, he can't submit, he doesn't handle adversity well, he's lazy, he's slow, he can't take a punch and he has one foot out the door. As soon as JDS rocks him, he is going to fold like a cheap suit, or run the fuck away.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »

Perhaps Lesnar can teach the TUF guys this awesome dance move..

GIFSoup

w8m8

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Perhaps Lesnar can teach the TUF guys this awesome dance move..

:D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Here's why he will lose- A one dimensional fighter that never bothers to evolve ( or doesn't have the time) usually loses to most legitimate opponents who are versitile and well prepared. Brock isn't going to waste his time going from a pathetic striker to a below average one. That would require time and effort. All he's going to do is what he always does-- wrestle and lift tires; not do any real sparring, handpick all of his trainers so they don't mouth off or push him and expect to use size and strength to finish fights. As soon as JDS makes it out of round 1, Brock is finished. And to tell you the truth, all JDS as to do is work on stuffing takedowns and getting up--- thats all-- and he will win convincingly.

Brock can't strike, he can't submit, he doesn't handle adversity well, he's lazy, he's slow, he can't take a punch and he has one foot out the door. As soon as JDS rocks him, he is going to fold like a cheap suit, or run the fuck away.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the fact that there is no way in F'ing hell JDS will be able to stuff  Brock's takedowns.  JDS has ZERO wrestling skills and has never shown any jits whatsoever.  Not to mention Brock weighs 40+lbs more. JDS is not Cain. Cain't wrestling is what saved him when fighting Brock, and his hands did the rest.

JDS has a lot to prove.