Author Topic: Want to Mutate with GH? Go right ahead...  (Read 5690 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Want to Mutate with GH? Go right ahead...
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 03:34:23 AM »
So are you saying that it basically follows the main tenents of advertising DK? Basically being, tell bullshit and lies about your product in order to dupe people into buying said product.

Think about it, medical studies are not controlled in any way, there are no rules that you have to publish failed studies and it's a multi-billion dollar market.

If i wanted to sell myself, i would need the right results, and even if it takes you 3-4 years of testing and studies, if in the end you can make a few millions or even billions by it because all pharma companies want you knowledge, you would be dumb to stick to the truth.

w8m8

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:15 AM »
So this guy (or I guess we say fella now) walks into the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA. It just opened up so this was back in 1991. At the time the instructors were Rorion, Rickson, Royler and Royce. This guy was around 6'2" and maybe around 200 lbs. Pretty lean and in good shape. Rorion, as was his manner at the time, always rose from his desk and greeted the visitor with a warm handshake and a "Welcome, my friend." He, as the rest of them all did, was wearing a white gi which at the time was the only color you could get in that style.
The fella says he was referred by a friend and asked where the punching bags were. Rorion explained that Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling art. From the stand up position they go into a clinch and go to the ground. Once on the ground they use a variety of submission holds and chokes. The fella seems unconvinced. "How are you going to clinch anybody when I can just punch you in the face?" Rorion explains that it through the use of timing, set ups and distance that a Gracie practitioner is able to avoids getting striked and they have been doing it for over 60 years in Brasil in noholds bar fighting. Known as Vale Tudo -- anything goes.
The debate goes back and forth as Royce and Royler look on.

Martial arts at the time was different back then. It had almost a mystical quality to it. You never really fought all out because it was deemed too dangerous and someone could get crippled or killed. There was a lot of ceremony involved -- a lot of bowing in TMA (Tradional Martial Arts). There was no bowing involved with the Gracie's, just a lot of shaking hands and light hugs and always "My friend." That must have been the stock phrase taught in Brasilian English classes. Also, the Gracie's actually fought no rules fights something that no martial art did in America. Even no holds bar sparring was rare. One can debate the various merits about different fighting styles and many of it's physical, mental and even spiritual benefits, but the Gracies believed that the bottom line is how effective it is in a real fight. After all a martial art is not really a martial art unless it teaches you how to fight.

So words are just words and it only goes so far. Proof is in the pudding. So Rorion says, "You want to try?"

The fella says, "What fight? Seriously?"

"Sure, you can do anything you want," Rorion says in a calm and matter of fact tone. As if he's done this hundreds of times. Which, unbeknownst to the fella, he in fact has.

"Who? You? These guys?" looking over at the very unimpressive tall skinny guy and the maybe 5'6" 145 lbs tops smiling guy.

Rorion turns and says something in Portuguese to Royce and Royler. Royler then smiles and turns to the fella and shakes his hand.

"Really? OK?" says the obviously pleased and excited fella.

So they walk out in the mat area. Royler again smiles and shakes hands and then steps back toward one end of the mat and looks at Rorion. Rorion looks at fella and says, "Ready?"

"Sure," says fella and then looks at little Royler no longer smiling and bouncing around on his toes.

With hands up they slowly approach each other at the center. Fella immediately starts throwing quick sharp jabs striking with his knuckles Royler's forearms. They clinch and both go to the ground. Royler is on his back has his legs wrapped around fellas' waist while fella is holding the neck with one arm and trying to strike with the other arm which is being tied up and nullified. It looks to the untrained eye that Royler is failing away wildly with his legs. Wrapping it around fellas back and neck. Fella seems please as in America, due to American wrestling background, whoever is on his back is losing.

"AHH!" says fella grabbing his extended arm in pain. "What the hell was that?"

Rorion, who was already on his way rushing in to break it up says, he got your arm. You didn't tap.

"What's tap?" says fella.

"When he gets you in a hold you tap to let him know to let go."

Fella then remembers his days as a child during Aikido class when they would toss you to the ground they would twist your wrist and then you tapped. But as fella remembers it in Aikido no one really resisted and he just thought you tapped because it just was the tradition when they took you to the ground and pinned you. He was only 10 years old at the time and just did what everybody else did.

Fella holding his arm which was not completely dislocated but just "popped" with some minor swelling. Looks over at the concerned Royler and ask, "How did you do that?" Royler, who at the time spoke almost no English looks over at Royce and Royce replies in Portuguese to Royler.

Royler smiles and has Royce come over to show him what he did. Fella wants to feel it on his other arm as things happen so fast in the fight that he didn't know what was going on. Royler shows him again. Royler shows him some others things from what was called the guard position as Royce and Rorion explain. Fella is fascinated. "You guys can even fight when someone gets you on your back?"  

They all smile and shake hands and go back into the lobby area where they show fella tapes of some fights from Brasil. Some in the ring. Some on the beach. Some in a parking lot.

Fella says, "I've never seen anything like this. I want join. I want to learn this."

It is explained to the fella that when he's recovered he will get a free introductory lesson and they recommend taking at least 20 private lessons before joining the group class. It is important, they explain, that you have some idea of the basics before mixing it up in the group class. At $20 a lesson, fella signs up for two lessons a week. One with Royce and one with Royler.

Again they all smile and shake hands. Fella has big smile on his face and seems very excited and says, "I can't wait to start! I've never seen anything like this! This is amazing!

That fella was me.

:D .. very cool pellius .. thanks for sharing .. please do this more often !!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:26 AM »
So this guy (or I guess we say fella now) walks into the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA. It just opened up so this was back in 1991. At the time the instructors were Rorion, Rickson, Royler and Royce. This guy was around 6'2" and maybe around 200 lbs. Pretty lean and in good shape. Rorion, as was his manner at the time, always rose from his desk and greeted the visitor with a warm handshake and a "Welcome, my friend." He, as the rest of them all did, was wearing a white gi which at the time was the only color you could get in that style.
The fella says he was referred by a friend and asked where the punching bags were. Rorion explained that Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling art. From the stand up position they go into a clinch and go to the ground. Once on the ground they use a variety of submission holds and chokes. The fella seems unconvinced. "How are you going to clinch anybody when I can just punch you in the face?" Rorion explains that it through the use of timing, set ups and distance that a Gracie practitioner is able to avoids getting striked and they have been doing it for over 60 years in Brasil in noholds bar fighting. Known as Vale Tudo -- anything goes.

Martial arts at the time was different back then. It had almost a mystical quality to it. You never really fought all out because it was deemed too dangerous and someone could get crippled or killed. There was a lot of ceremony involved -- a lot of bowing in TMA (Tradional Martial Arts). There was no bowing involved with the Gracie's, just a lot of shaking hands and light hugs and always "My friend." That must have been the stock phrase taught in Brasilian English classes. Also, the Gracie's actually fought no rules fights something that no martial art did in America. Even no holds bar sparring was rare. One can debate the various merits about different fighting styles and many of it's physical, mental and even spiritual benefits, but the Gracies believed that the bottom line is how effective it is in a real fight. After all a martial art is not really a martial art unless it teaches you how to fight.

So words are just words and it only goes so far. Proof is in the pudding. So Rorion says, "You want to try?"

"Sure, you can do anything you want," Rorion says in a calm and matter of fact tone. As if he's done this hundreds of times. Which, unbeknownst to the fella, he in fact has.

"Who? You? These guys?" looking over at the very unimpressive tall skinny guy and the maybe 5'6" 145 lbs tops smiling guy.

Rorion turns and says something in Portuguese to Royce and Royler. Royler then smiles and turns to the fella and shakes his hand.

So they walk out in the mat area. Royler again smiles and shakes hands and then steps back toward one end of the mat and looks at Rorion. Rorion looks at fella and says, "Ready?"

"Sure," says fella and then looks at little Royler no longer smiling and bouncing around on his toes.

With hands up they slowly approach each other at the center. Fella immediately starts throwing quick sharp jabs striking with his knuckles Royler's forearms. They clinch and both go to the ground. Royler is on his back has his legs wrapped around fellas' waist while fella is holding the neck with one arm and trying to strike with the other arm which is being tied up and nullified. It looks to the untrained eye that Royler is failing away wildly with his legs. Wrapping it around fellas back and neck. Fella seems please as in America, due to American wrestling background, whoever is on his back is losing.

Rorion, who was already on his way rushing in to break it up says, he got your arm. You didn't tap.

Fella then remembers his days as a child during Aikido class when they would toss you to the ground they would twist your wrist and then you tapped. But as fella remembers it in Aikido no one really resisted and he just thought you tapped because it just was the tradition when they took you to the ground and pinned you. He was only 10 years old at the time and just did what everybody else did.

Fella holding his arm which was not completely dislocated but just "popped" with some minor swelling. Looks over at the concerned Royler and ask, "How did you do that?" Royler, who at the time spoke almost no English looks over at Royce and Royce replies in Portuguese to Royler.

Royler smiles and has Royce come over to show him what he did. Fella wants to feel it on his other arm as things happen so fast in the fight that he didn't know what was going on. Royler shows him again. Royler shows him some others things from what was called the guard position as Royce and Rorion explain. Fella is fascinated. "You guys can even fight when someone gets you on your back?"  

They all smile and shake hands and go back into the lobby area where they show fella tapes of some fights from Brasil. Some in the ring. Some on the beach. Some in a parking lot.

Fella says, "I've never seen anything like this. I want join. I want to learn this."

It is explained to the fella that when he's recovered he will get a free introductory lesson and they recommend taking at least 20 private lessons before joining the group class. It is important, they explain, that you have some idea of the basics before mixing it up in the group class. At $20 a lesson, fella signs up for two lessons a week. One with Royce and one with Royler.

Again they all smile and shake hands. Fella has big smile on his face and seems very excited and says, "I can't wait to start! I've never seen anything like this! This is amazing!

That fella was me.

For once a long winded post of yours that I enjoyed ;) ;D

The Next BIG Thing!

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Trample the leaves, hurdle the deadfalls.
Pelius
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
Dude, I cant be fucked to find that thread.

But I did read your reply, and that was a great story about the Gracies.

Dude, do you still train with them in Hawaii? I think you have posted that you still roll?

Those must have been some amazing times.

Did you ever me Ryan? was he a dick?
Only 25 characters!?

w8m8

Re: Pellius
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »

bump for Pellius .. and hoping for more Gracie experiences .. they are a fantastic family !! 

I'm totally interested in hearing all you can share  :)

That fella was me.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Pelius
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »
pellius is getting ready to begin his mutation

GWAR

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
pellius is getting ready to begin his mutation
pellius is a liar who started using human growth hormone a decade ago

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
pelius knows my roommate, actually

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »

insert mom joke here

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
Medical studies? Don't you mean pharmaceutical studies? Because they do indeed own everything medical related these days :-\

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
Just mentioned that story of how I first got started since it was requested. Some tidbits have been sprinkled over the years. This is not really the board for it and with guys like gwar making accusations that he can no way prove and the absolute complete shit talking asshole epic_alien are the types that really bring down this board and make it suck. We really have to get rid of those that contribute absolutely nothing to the board but just talk shit while hiding behind a computer. Pugalist666 was like that and we finally exposed and finally got rid of him. Actually, Sevaste did. Too bad that guy has mellowed. He'd do some digging on guys like gwar and epic_alien and expose them for the douche bags that they are.

I've already spoke of Ryan on this thread.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=353141.msg4978225#msg4978225 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
insert mom joke here You live with your mother?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
we don't care about the side effects just as long as it works.

You should have some T-shirts made with this statement and hand them out at the Arnold and the Olympia...

w8m8

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 04:32:49 AM »
Just mentioned that story of how I first got started since it was requested. Some tidbits have been sprinkled over the years. This is not really the board for it and with guys shit talking that really bring down this board and make it suck. 

maybe the MMA board then I dunno .. but I understand your point .. you shouldn't allow the negative intrusions to bother you .. it only gives them satisfaction .. there's not enough posts that can be enjoyed and there's too many that are rubbish .. I'm putting the post you linked here .. and I'm still going to hope for more .. Keith's stories about real life experiences were always great additions .. and I enjoy yours just as much  :) 

On that side of the Gracie family you have Renzo, Ralph and Ryan. When I look at Ralph and Ryan and my experiences with them compared to Renzo it only makes me respect, admire, honor, and love Renzo that much more. How such a truly great person with the heart of a saint and a lion can come from such a family I'll never know.

Ralph is a thug, a user and a punk. We hated competing with his team because the students usually reflect their teacher. His teams were punks, sore losers, cheaters, always ready to start a brawl, always did cheap shots when grappling (pinching, digging in the elbows and knuckles). We'll I guess I shouldn't say always and everybody but they prided themselves as being thugs just like Ralph. I'm sure, in fact I know, there are acceptions and I apologize to them. It's just my experience with Ralph and his team back in the day was just so overwhelming negative. 

Ryan was simply evil. A rapist and most likely a murderer. He use to pick fights all the time in clubs and really hurt people. Knock someone's eye out once. He bit off a man's ear clean off his skull in a fight at a party long before Tyson did. Many have tried to kill him because he was simply the devil incarnate and he's been shot at on several occasions.

Ralph was jealous of BJ because by the time BJ was a purple belt he could already beat Ralph. His students are loyal to him but once you get to the higher levels (like Dave Camarillo (Cain Velaquez's BJJ instructor)) things change. It's kind of like that with all the Gracies but more so with Ralph. Not with Renzo, though. The guy has the heart of a warrior and a saint.

I'm bias, as we all are, but I'm willing to admit that as a person BJ isn't the greatest guy in the world and he disgraced and shamefully dishonored himself after his loss to GSP. But Ralph is a punk and a thug. Ryan, thankfully, is now burning in hell where he belongs. His past finally caught up with him

Renzo Gracie, though he wasn't the greatest fighter in the world, or even the greatest Gracie, is the type of man I can only hope to aspire to. Although he never ever put up the tough guy persona like Ralph, who achieved nothing in MMA, or Ryan who made only a minor mark in Pride, Renzo is a legend in MMA and the only Gracie, the only one, to be willing to fight anybody, at any time, anywhere. I think of all the Gracies he's the one with the most heart of a warrior. Even more so than the family champion, Rickson, which pains me to say.

Here's Renzo training with Ryan. Beautiful Jiu-Jitsu. By the both of them.

I dunno why things were merged .. but that's neither here nor there .. maybe it would be nice to gather the related Gracie stuff and put it in a thread on the MMA board .. this move is just unexplainable  :-\