Author Topic: religion  (Read 8604 times)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: religion
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
read what ghandi says for example:
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

ghandi's quote applies in this case as well, just replace christians with muslims. It's the same shit, different era. We're just too short sighted and prone to quick judgements by design to see the forrest for the trees.

Hello, haider!  

What do you mean Gandhi's quote applies to Muslims?  If you replace Christians with Muslims in Gandhi's quote, then what do you replace Christ with?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
there is only one god....and that is me!!

worship me without permission and see my wrath!!

bench

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Hello, haider!  

What do you mean Gandhi's quote applies to Muslims?  If you replace Christians with Muslims in Gandhi's quote, then what do you replace Christ with?
Hello Mr. Crazy,

It would apply if muslims were called Muhammedans, which they were at one time. Otherwise, I would replace Christ or Muhammed with 'true religion' or somethign equivalent.

The point is this: you can be a christian or muslim by name, yet have no christ-like characteristics, which misses the whole point of what 'true religion' is about.
follow the arrows

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 05:26:11 AM »
Hello Mr. Crazy,

It would apply if muslims were called Muhammedans, which they were at one time. Otherwise, I would replace Christ or Muhammed with 'true religion' or somethign equivalent.

The point is this: you can be a christian or muslim by name, yet have no christ-like characteristics, which misses the whole point of what 'true religion' is about.

So in Gandhi's quote

"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

You would replace Christ with Muhammed?  So it would read

"I like your Muhammed; I do not like your Muhammedans(Muslims). Your Muhammedans are so unlike your Muhammed."?

I don't think you can do that.  Muslims today behave very much like Muhammed, the prophet of the sword.  Throughout history, Muslims have always behaved very much like Muhammed.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
So in Gandhi's quote

"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

You would replace Christ with Muhammed?  So it would read

"I like your Muhammed; I do not like your Muhammedans(Muslims). Your Muhammedans are so unlike your Muhammed."?

I don't think you can do that.  Muslims today behave very much like Muhammed, the prophet of the sword.  Throughout history, Muslims have always behaved very much like Muhammed.
didn't need to bait me like that, could have just come out and said that you disagree with the comparison..  ;)

We're never going to agree on this, and I'm certainly not qualified to debate the matter. But I will say that waging war is by no means inherently evil. When self preservation and the preservation of good is the goal then it is justified as a last resort. It should be noted that there were no casualties when Mecca was finally conquered by the muslims (just a clear counterexample to your statement).

IMO if you look at Muhammed's character holistically, and not just focus on what you perceive to be 'wrong' with what he did then you wouldn't conclude with what you have just said. This is evident if you give a cursory look at his biography and sayings: how he was known as the truthful one even by his enemies; how some of his worst enemies converted when they personally met him; how he did not avenge people who bloodied him by throwing rocks at him; how he put an end to female infanticide; and so on and so forth I could go on and on.

I do not know how in the light of many examples of his goodness one comes to utterly opposite conclusions. I wish I could articulate my position better- i have to admit I have not given the topic a serious attention. I have already said I'm not qualified to debate the subject because of this, but perhaps I could answer some concerns. I hope to be able to answer objectively.
follow the arrows

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 05:08:55 AM »
didn't need to bait me like that, could have just come out and said that you disagree with the comparison..  ;)

We're never going to agree on this, and I'm certainly not qualified to debate the matter. But I will say that waging war is by no means inherently evil. When self preservation and the preservation of good is the goal then it is justified as a last resort. It should be noted that there were no casualties when Mecca was finally conquered by the muslims (just a clear counterexample to your statement).

IMO if you look at Muhammed's character holistically, and not just focus on what you perceive to be 'wrong' with what he did then you wouldn't conclude with what you have just said. This is evident if you give a cursory look at his biography and sayings: how he was known as the truthful one even by his enemies; how some of his worst enemies converted when they personally met him; how he did not avenge people who bloodied him by throwing rocks at him; how he put an end to female infanticide; and so on and so forth I could go on and on.

I do not know how in the light of many examples of his goodness one comes to utterly opposite conclusions. I wish I could articulate my position better- i have to admit I have not given the topic a serious attention. I have already said I'm not qualified to debate the subject because of this, but perhaps I could answer some concerns. I hope to be able to answer objectively.

Thanks for your friendly reply!   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »
 :) :)
R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
 :-*
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 06:59:28 AM »
R

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
While he walked the earth, Jesus never killed, maimed or raped anyone.  Contrast that with mohammed.  Oh wait, old mo' would lose out, as he should.  Fucking pedophile, rapist and murderer.   Fuck that idiot and the noise of islam.  Denial, its not just a rive in Egypt.  Its an attitude for muslims on religion. 

Don't worry because Mormons do the same shit with joseph smith and his licentious ways.  Catholics give the poop, errr...pope a pass too. So muslims are in shit company. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
While he walked the earth, Jesus never killed, maimed or raped anyone.  Contrast that with mohammed.  Oh wait, old mo' would lose out, as he should.  Fucking pedophile, rapist and murderer.   Fuck that idiot and the noise of islam.  Denial, its not just a rive in Egypt.  Its an attitude for muslims on religion. 

Don't worry because Mormons do the same shit with joseph smith and his licentious ways.  Catholics give the poop, errr...pope a pass too. So muslims are in shit company. 

are you a christian?
DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
He is an atheist.
he's got a foul mouth huh... :)....

I dont think he's an atheist however as he's talking about these "gods" like there actually real or something...
DAWG

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »
he's got a foul mouth huh... :)....

I dont think he's an atheist however as he's talking about these "gods" like there actually real or something...

No,  even when using "foul" language, I can write whereas you merely "type".  Yes, I'm an atheist and I can speak on this subject with authority.  Whether or not you choose to accept that as fact is entirely up to you.  Or you can simply continue to be "clever" as you are attempting to do in the quote above.   ::)

What's the "L" for in your screen name?  Surely not "Law", as no self-respecting LEO would be as sophomoric as you have demonstrated in your reply.  And obviously you didn't "think" before typing out your simplisitc missive. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
No,  even when using "foul" language, I can write whereas you merely "type".  Yes, I'm an atheist and I can speak on this subject with authority.  Whether or not you choose to accept that as fact is entirely up to you.  Or you can simply continue to be "clever" as you are attempting to do in the quote above.   ::)

What's the "L" for in your screen name?  Surely not "Law", as no self-respecting LEO would be as sophomoric as you have demonstrated in your reply.  And obviously you didn't "think" before typing out your simplisitc missive. 

awesome...
DAWG

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
awesome...

Only if you're a mental midget and I seriously doubt that about you.   ;)

theonlyone

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:29 AM »
 Unbelievable! And one would think those quotes are reliable????? Jesus! I can go for every one, Jesus. How stupid one possibly can be. I can find millions faults in every anti god quote you listed.... Shake your ass dawg.....

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
Unbelievable! And one would think those quotes are reliable????? Jesus! I can go for every one, Jesus. How stupid one possibly can be. I can find millions faults in every anti god quote you listed.... Shake your ass dawg.....

go for it
DAWG

theonlyone

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »