Author Topic: how do we know Protein Powder is for real?  (Read 2292 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: how do we know Protein Powder is for real?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »
how do we know for sure the claimed amount of protein in one service is accurate?

How do I know it's, lets say, 30grams of protein? it could be 8 grams of protein and 22 grams of shit.

There was a document about the amount of carbohydrates in bred... the package claimed 20 grams of carbs, but guess what? They went to a lab and put the claim to a test, and voila, the reality was it had 30 grams MORE than what they claimed.

There's a very simple solution to that - just buy a protein powder that's 100% whey - it'll either be isolate, concentrate, or a blend of both. Me personally I use 100% whey concentrate - for every 100g of powder there's 82g of digestible protein in there - isolate is even better - around 95% - the only reason I don't buy that as I haven't noticed a major difference between the two and isolate is way more expensive.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
I think in canada were a litte bit stricter about labeling shit, so just buy a brand that seems good in canada, atkeast I think.

But like jasonh the more boring the label the greater the likelyhood that it is legit.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
There's a very simple solution to that - just buy a protein powder that's 100% whey - it'll either be isolate, concentrate, or a blend of both. Me personally I use 100% whey concentrate - for every 100g of powder there's 82g of digestible protein in there - isolate is even better - around 95% - the only reason I don't buy that as I haven't noticed a major difference between the two and isolate is way more expensive.

lol.... 100% of whey, lol, ofcourse when it sayes it's 100% it has to be right  ::)

fairy...