Author Topic: trying to watch the news on this egyptian shit going on is hard.  (Read 1403 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: trying to watch the news on this egyptian shit going on is hard.
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »
The Muslim Brotherhood is already out in full force and in talks with ElBaradei to form a unity government without the NDP.

theonlyone

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »
I turn over to CNN for a bit and I swear to god every other word our of their mouths is "tweet."  Tweeter, tweet, twited, twiting tweet tweet oh fucking stop with the tweet fucking crap.  Their biggest concern is that tweeter is shut off ::)  If you tweet, go kill yourself.

I change the channel to Fox.  Neil is on.  I make it about 7 minutes before I listen to him do a complete rewrite of history over Iran that is complete bullshit.

I change over to MS for a bit and they guy might as well be reporting from the sewage system of mexico city.  totally pointless crap...

I give up...

You watch CNN and FOX???? it speaks volume!!!! :-X

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »
You watch CNN and FOX???? it speaks volume!!!! :-X

No worse than the "Russia Today" propaganda machine.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »
Pulled out of their asses. Where else would he have done it that wouldn't have been tantamount to an outright endorsement of Sharia Law? Iran? Saudi Arabia? Egypt is one of the big dogs in the Muslim world. Then again, the MSM is in bed with islamic supremacists so I guess it wouldn't surprise me.
This whole thing reeks of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Wait a minute, I thought the MSM was controlled by Jews, so are you saying that the Jews are in bed with Muslim Supremacists that want them dead...

And of course "they" (being Mubarak's people) have shut down the Cairo offices of Al Jazeera...

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »
It just seems to be a bunch of leaderless people venting their anger....no aims other than some hazy and vague push for "Democracy" and "better conditions". No leaders, no ideology and no clue.

THe Egyptian version of the anti- Bush tirades. And we all know how that ended up. Lets pray that this doesnt end up with a second Iran.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
I turn over to CNN for a bit and I swear to god every other word our of their mouths is "tweet."  Tweeter, tweet, twited, twiting tweet tweet oh fucking stop with the tweet fucking crap.  Their biggest concern is that tweeter is shut off ::)  If you tweet, go kill yourself.

I change the channel to Fox.  Neil is on.  I make it about 7 minutes before I listen to him do a complete rewrite of history over Iran that is complete bullshit.

I change over to MS for a bit and they guy might as well be reporting from the sewage system of mexico city.  totally pointless crap...

I give up...
hahahah google implemented a service that lets ppl dial a number and leave a voice mail that automatically translates into text and is posted as a tweet...

get ready to hear alot more tweets, tweeted, twitter, twittering etc...huggy  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »
Yep. The U.S. could count on him for a very long time. Sure he was a dictator, but he had control and we could pull some strings when we wanted too. Not so much now...what does the Admin. do? Tell the Devil They Know to step down and let whatever happens next just happen, do they back him and try to keep him in control? Do they start to run operations to get another regime, elected or "elected", installed that will be under our sphere of influence?

I just hope Obama and his Smartest Cabinet in History doesn't let this get away from them and wind up knee deep in shit. At least, for now, there isn't any Anti-U.S. chanting or burning flags or whatnot going on. It just seems to be a bunch of leaderless people venting their anger....no aims other than some hazy and vague push for "Democracy" and "better conditions". No leaders, no ideology and no clue.

It's not good.

great post

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
hahahah google implemented a service that lets ppl dial a number and leave a voice mail that automatically translates into text and is posted as a tweet...

get ready to hear alot more tweets, tweeted, twitter, twittering etc...huggy  ;D
Do you like this stuff?  Tony, do you tweet? haha...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 05:45:12 AM »
Do you like this stuff?  Tony, do you tweet? haha...
nah, i think ppl who do shit like that or facebook updates 10x a day are attention whores who need that to feel important...

nobody cares what youre doing every second of the day, NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 06:40:57 AM »
nah, i think ppl who do shit like that or facebook updates 10x a day are attention whores who need that to feel important...

nobody cares what youre doing every second of the day, NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!
no shit!!!  Over the last several years I've gotten so many e-mails asking, do you have a facebook account?  And then Facebook just started sending requests to my e-mail like crazy letting me know people wanted to friend my facebook and I didn't even have a fucking facebook...  So finally a couple weeks ago I went ahead and joined the stupid fucking thing.  I was shocked to see that there was already a line of people with requests as soon as I joined.  I don't see what the big deal is?  It's the most bland site on the net and they made a movie about this shit lol...  But I'm sure I'll have a thousand buddies by next week lol...  Yea and the day I tweet... oh hell no...  I don't think I can ever bring myself to do something called tweeting ::)  What the fuck is the point?  Run your mouth off and have some lame company make money off of you shooting your mouth off.  no thanks lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 06:44:35 AM »
no shit!!!  Over the last several years I've gotten so many e-mails asking, do you have a facebook account?  And then Facebook just started sending requests to my e-mail like crazy letting me know people wanted to friend my facebook and I didn't even have a fucking facebook...  So finally a couple weeks ago I went ahead and joined the stupid fucking thing.  I was shocked to see that there was already a line of people with requests as soon as I joined.  I don't see what the big deal is?  It's the most bland site on the net and they made a movie about this shit lol...  But I'm sure I'll have a thousand buddies by next week lol...  Yea and the day I tweet... oh hell no...  I don't think I can ever bring myself to do something called tweeting ::)  What the fuck is the point?  Run your mouth off and have some lame company make money off of you shooting your mouth off.  no thanks lol...
I have facebook but only log on when i get an email saying i was tagged in a picture or have a friend request...

it gets even better they are now saying that things you write on facebook can be used by advertisers for no charge...

so if alot of ppl like a product and say shit about it on facebook that company can use their words without paying them LOL

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 06:53:06 AM »
I have facebook but only log on when i get an email saying i was tagged in a picture or have a friend request...

it gets even better they are now saying that things you write on facebook can be used by advertisers for no charge...

so if alot of ppl like a product and say shit about it on facebook that company can use their words without paying them LOL
oh yea, I read the terms of service and was not happy with it whatsoever.  So I haven't uploaded any pictures yet aside from the profile pic.  They straight up tell you that by uploading anything they gain copyright over the image until the point that you end your account with them.  With the work that I do, I'm not about to grant some a-hole company permission to use my material.  Not that they ever would, but just the principle of them putting that in their terms of service is way out of line.  Technically they could start publishing material from whatever accounts they wanted and not pay anything to the people they stole pictures or writing from.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:51 AM »
oh yea, I read the terms of service and was not happy with it whatsoever.  So I haven't uploaded any pictures yet aside from the profile pic.  They straight up tell you that by uploading anything they gain copyright over the image until the point that you end your account with them.  With the work that I do, I'm not about to grant some a-hole company permission to use my material.  Not that they ever would, but just the principle of them putting that in their terms of service is way out of line.  Technically they could start publishing material from whatever accounts they wanted and not pay anything to the people they stole pictures or writing from.
check this out too, anything other ppl post with you in it...

they are going to use facial recognition technology to tag photos of you posted by other ppl. So if a friend of yours posts a picture on their account it will automatically tag(put your name under the photo) on their account for anybody to see.

scary stuff man

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
check this out too, anything other ppl post with you in it...

they are going to use facial recognition technology to tag photos of you posted by other ppl. So if a friend of yours posts a picture on their account it will automatically tag(put your name under the photo) on their account for anybody to see.

scary stuff man

yea, that's just creepy wrong.