Author Topic: BBing and fighting  (Read 16613 times)

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: BBing and fighting
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2006, 09:36:31 AM »
Guys look I am not sure how this became about bouncing instead of being big but its real simple

Me at 250 can kick the shit out of me at 180

Its that simple can me at 250 beat somebody else at 180 maybe yes maybe no but the point is at 250 I have a better chance than at 180

It certainly is not going to hurt to be jacked when your in a fight

Even if your a complete toolbag with the coordination of a baboon your dangerous at 300 pounds

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2006, 09:58:21 AM »
BB'ing kept me from having conflicts. I started into it heavily when I joined the military. When I was 180lb it seemed like I was always in the middle of something. I can honestly say I have never started a fight but I can say to that I always had a problem just walking away. I noticed though as I progressed in the gym, the conflicts became less & less. I'm 6'0  & weigh between 240-245. I stay in pretty good shape & cannot remember the last conflict I was in. Being big did not make me a better fighter, but I guess it made the others think twice about starting something. When I lived in Atlanta, I use to hang out at this huge country bar called "Cowboys Nightlife". Wall to wall beautiful women. And being a country bar it attracted it share of red-necks too. One night the pro wrestler "Buff Bagwell" was in there F-ed up & messing with this tall skinny guy. Dude was prob. 6'3 & all of 200lbs. Buff was a decent sized guy too & being a pro-wrestler,had the tough-guy image. You could tell the skinny guy was kind of scared & kept telling Buff he didn't want any problems, but for some reason Buff kept f'ing w/him. So bar closes & we're outside talking to some girls  & Buff is standing about 10yards or so from the exit doors talking to some ladies. Tall guy comes out, Buff sees him & starts f'ing with the guy again. Guy trys to walk away ,still telling Buff he doesn't want any problems. Some of my friends & myself are telling Buff to leave the guy alone already, Buff keeps on. Finally, the guy has enough turns around & tells Buff," F-it let's go"! They square off & I swear the skinny guy almost beat Buff half to death. I mean it wasn't even close, he had Buff on the ground & just beat the f*ck out of him. Bouncer literally came out & drug him off the big bad wrestler & drug Buff inside. Cops showed up & we left. True story. The morale of that story is, big or not, you don't ever know who your starting sh*t with & what that other guy is capable of doing. Big does not make you bad.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »
In '03 I was in a road rage incident like the above one.  Guy followed me with 2 girls in his SUV, chicano gang banger type.  I get right out, he sees I'm about 250ish so he hesitates getting out on me and I'm being cool but telling him he needs to watch his driving.  Anyways, his GF is a "wanna be type" so shes kind of egging him on and then he jumps out and clocks me but not phased I got to wrap him up but SHE gets out and has aluminum BB bat hands it to him.  I see it and get my arm up to block a 2h shot for my head. 

At this stage I realize I might be dead in 30 seconds so I take off he chases me I end up in a dead end behind a real estate office (up in Ojai, CA of all places!!!).  I turn about and he is there cranking up again I tried for the bat and MISSED he hit me in the base of my skull but then I just ran back where I came from.  I ran back the other way she had started the SUV and he broke my window then got in and after me but it was time for him to split because a market owner had called the cops.  Lucky for all he had also got the license number this guy went to prison about 4yrs sentance.  Not sure if she got convicted.

Moral of story: It is really easy to get killed guys so however big you are check your ego as the above stated.  In hindsight, the lifting saved my life BECAUSE I took two good pops from a ballbat and walked away unphased.  However being that big gave me confidence to get out of the car when I should have just kept on driving or drove to the police station in Ojai and he would have been cited at the least.

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
 Which is why despite being above average size , I have  a conceled weapons permit & in a situation like that, I would not heistate to use my little buddy. That situation could have ended really bad for you Al. You got lucky.

trig

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2006, 07:49:15 AM »
Which is why despite being above average size , I have  a conceled weapons permit & in a situation like that, I would not heistate to use my little buddy. That situation could have ended really bad for you Al. You got lucky.

Yes, I too am a member of the CHL club. I originally got it to carry while collecting rent at my grandfather's rental properties (not very desirable neighborhoods). Luckily I have only had to show it twice and both times the showing of the weapon was enough to prevent any further conflict.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
I boxed for many years before I even picked up a weight.  With 10 years of bodybuilding behind me I've gotten a fairly impressive body.  I'm not that big, but have the buff look plus I can through hands with the best of them.  Knowing this keeps me out of more trouble than I used to get in before bodybuilding.  It's the intimidation factor that keeps drunks away.  I hate bar fights, someone always gets hurt and I usually get blamed, even though I only fight to protect myself or my friends.  The big arms and chest work as a warning that this dude packs a punch to the normal drunk, but before bb, I was just as bad, but didn't have the look that bodybuilding gives you and it's kept me out of trouble many times, even when I just wanted to trough a short one to the solar plexus, the most painfull body shot next to the famous Mexican left hook to the liver and body shots aren't bloody, just PAINFULL as ever and will bring down somebody twice your size and you don't break your hands ;D.  So you can leave before anyone knows exactly what happened.  Peace is better, but always pack an equalizer, in my case a punch, cause some people still don't get it.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2006, 10:59:58 AM »
I've never in my life have someone actually pick a fight with me.  Most of the fights i have been in were from helping others.  I hate it when a bigger guy picks on a smaller guy or more than one guy picks on one guy.  I love it when there is 2 more people. 

I've been a bouncer for over a year now and I haven't had anybody try to pick fight with me.  Every once in a while you will get a smartass, but as soon as you stare into their eyes and tell them like it is, or they know they have your direct attention, they back down.  They always talk big from a distance.  But when you get close, it's a different story.  Being big does help.  But like alot of guys have said, you gotta know how to handle yourself.   

We had a guy pull a machete out from his car a month ago.  We don't play around.  We just stroamed his arse, cuffed him and called the cops.  Done deal. 

I just get sick of babysitting drunks and listening to them biotch, and puking and falling.  Seeing titties is nice though.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »
you sound really tough, "get bigger". ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:24 PM »
you sound really tough, "get bigger". ::)

Well since were not all as big as you are Sarcasm, some of us need every edge we can get.   ::)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
Well since were not all as big as you are Sarcasm, some of us need every edge we can get.   ::)
oh, i'm not anywhere near as HUGE as you, i mean you're a BOUNCER aren't you, i admire you.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

SubcultureS10

• Getbig II
  • Gear: Isn't for the faint of hearts.
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2006, 10:58:15 PM »
I've bounced in nights clubs on an off ever since college & ive also faught the last 10yrs of my life...jujitsu & Mixed martial arts!

I've been in couple MAJOR bar fights & had guys waiting on me outside many times to just run their mouths & then walk off..But at the sametime, ive also had guys come into the bars knowing im working & hearing about my background & trying & sometime actually getting in fights just so they could have a shot at me! Foolish on their part but nontheless it happens.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
Its funny that guys want to test the reputation like that.
bodybuildersreality.com

SubcultureS10

• Getbig II
  • Gear: Isn't for the faint of hearts.
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »
Its funny that guys want to test the reputation like that.

your right man, childish...Usually to try to impress some girl! Now that im married? I get my kicks in bouncing, not fighting anymore.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »
Nothing to do with BB but about picking fight because of reputation.  At my birthday dinner in Vegas in 90' or so I was with Chuck Norris.  Was just talking and he was or just finished working on a movie in the Phillipines I think.  Anyway, some guy comes up and asks Chuck for his autograph and Chuck gave it to him.  The guys was pretty small and defintiely smaller than Chuck.  He said something to Chuck about not ever wanting to fight him or someothing.  Anyway we sit back down and Isaid something to Chuck in regards to what the guy said about guys picking fights with him.  He said it hardly ever happens but it did happen while shooting over in the Philipines.  He said he was at a club with Howard Jackson (his bodyguard and good friend) and some little filipino guy came up to Chuck saying how tough he was and could kick Chucks ass.  CHuck said he just tried to ignore him but the guy wouldn't leave him alone.  Well then Howard came up and asked the guy to leave.  The guy said something like get the fuck outta the way black.  And Howard knocked him out with one punch in about a half a second.  Howard too was a world champion martial artist.
I personally can't remember a single person ever coming up to me to challenge me but I have had 3 and one time 4 guys.  I love those odds.  The only thing is I had friends with me just not right next to me.  It ended in a fun way.  They layed there and we walked away.  Alwasy the best way to end a fight.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »
haha
bodybuildersreality.com

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »
Odds are never in your favor bouncing.......

Snotroot

• Getbig II
  • Burn bitches !!
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
I think most Bodybuilders biggest threats are those dam ninjas, just ask Flex.