Author Topic: John Morrison Royal Rumble Move  (Read 4009 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
John Morrison Royal Rumble Move
« on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
I could've put this on the Rumble thread, but, this deserved a thread of its own. Incredible athleticism!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: John Morrison Royal Rumble Move
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:52:49 AM »
Very incredible. But he'd better be careful. Risk takers get hurt eventually. Evan Bourne is a perfect example of this.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:07:24 AM »
Very creative.....never saw that before.  Have to land perfectly, as it could lead to a knee injury rather easily.  He seemed to make the leap look like it was no problem.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:05:44 AM »
Impressive.

Unfortunately, that's often code for: "We won't be seeing him on the regular roster for much longer."
 :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:02:03 AM »
Impressive.

Unfortunately, that's often code for: "We won't be seeing him on the regular roster for much longer."
 :)
Exactly

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
He's a sick athlete. He can probably dunk a basketball with ease. His style definitely excites but as he gets older and keeps performing those moves, his body could give out. Some guys like Jeff Hardy can perform like that and still remain somewhat durable.

Isn't he a product of 'Tough Enough'?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »
Isn't he a product of 'Tough Enough'?

Yes, he was on it twice. The first time he got cut by Kevin Dunn who thought John wasn't serious about wrestling. At the time, I thought Dunn was an effin' idiot because Morrison was the type of athlete you just didn't see everyday.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 08:26:14 AM »
I thought so. I remember him being able to perfrom a standing shooting star press and it looked very impressive. That's a move that requires rare athleticism.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 08:42:45 AM »
I thought so. I remember him being able to perfrom a standing shooting star press and it looked very impressive. That's a move that requires rare athleticism.

Yeah, Al Snow was very high on John, but Dunn shot him down. His reasoning went something like, "John wants to do all the things associated with our business: flipping, performing etc. but he doesn't really want to be in our business."

My reasoning went something like, "Dunn, you're an idiot. Kill yourself."

That's why I've always followed Morrison. His only shortcoming is that he doesn't have that larger than life personality that you see among the greats.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »
JM certainly has some crazy athletic moves. He has a very different training regimen. He basically runs through any obstacle course. What ever is in his way he climbs / maneuvers around it. His agility is superb.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
Yeah, Al Snow was very high on John, but Dunn shot him down. His reasoning went something like, "John wants to do all the things associated with our business: flipping, performing etc. but he doesn't really want to be in our business."

My reasoning went something like, "Dunn, you're an idiot. Kill yourself."

That's why I've always followed Morrison. His only shortcoming is that he doesn't have that larger than life personality that you see among the greats.

Not only that but he needs a new gimmick. Those fur boats he wears and his ring attire look extremely gay. I get the whole 'Jim Morrison' likeness but he needs a makeover to his character.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Not only that but he needs a new gimmick. Those fur boats he wears and his ring attire look extremely gay. I get the whole 'Jim Morrison' likeness but he needs a makeover to his character.

I agree.  That was a mistake.  Should just develop your own "thing" and not be tied to whole Jim Morrison thing.  Not good for the long-haul.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
I agree.  That was a mistake.  Should just develop your own "thing" and not be tied to whole Jim Morrison thing.  Not good for the long-haul.

Even his ring entrance music is fucking gay.....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »
Even his ring entrance music is fucking gay.....

yes, very lame....  I would have liked to see a little attitude era HBK type of thing.  A guy who runs his mouth, but can back it up in the ring.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
yes, very lame....  I would have liked to see a little attitude era HBK type of thing.  A guy who runs his mouth, but can back it up in the ring.
Then again, John Morrison is and always will be a mid carder for life.