Author Topic: Pride FC  (Read 5545 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Pride FC
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

making UFC look amateurish since 1997  :D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Pride FC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »
making UFC look amateurish since 1997  :D

Used to LOVE the old Pride openings!! 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
Used to LOVE the old Pride openings!! 
the reason i always liked pride more is very simple...THEY ACTUALLY FAUGHT EACH OTHER!!

i loved early UFC too, even though the skill level sucked....todays UFC fighters rather just score points and let the clock run out....and thats boring as hell to me..

bench

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »
the reason i always liked pride more is very simple...THEY ACTUALLY FAUGHT EACH OTHER!!

i loved early UFC too, even though the skill level sucked....todays UFC fighters rather just score points and let the clock run out....and thats boring as hell to me..

bench

Yes, no weight classes and barely a rule at all.  I remember watching that first UFC on ppv thinking HOLY SHIT....someone's gonna get killed!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Yes, no weight classes and barely a rule at all.  I remember watching that first UFC on ppv thinking HOLY SHIT....someone's gonna get killed!
another thing i liked about pride was that the ref had a camera on, so everybody saw what the ref saw.....i have seen a ass load of questionable calls in the UFC that could have been rectified with cameras on the ref...

bench

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »

and thats why it went bankrupt and almost illegal in every state sadly..

nothing beats the old pride days, a roids free for all with soccer kicks aver everything hehe and best og all knees to the head on a grounded opponent.  when they removed that it because easy for wrestlers to just control..

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
another thing i liked about pride was that the ref had a camera on, so everybody saw what the ref saw.....i have seen a ass load of questionable calls in the UFC that could have been rectified with cameras on the ref...

bench

I wish I could choose to see fight like this

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:13 PM »
...todays UFC fighters rather just score points and let the clock run out....and thats boring as hell to me..

I agree , UFC fighters fight no to lose because if they lose 2-3  fights they get cut ,unless your name is Tito Ortiz, Stephan Bonnar or Forrest Griffin.

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »
I agree , UFC fighters fight no to lose because if they lose 2-3  fights they get cut ,unless your name is Tito Ortiz, Stephan Bonnar or Forrest Griffin.

dana still owes bonnar and griffin big time, they will probbly never be cut. Same with chuck, thats why he got that other position instead of being cut.

But agree, thats one of the problems. He just cuts them. epspecially now after incorporating WEC.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
back when failing a TD meant getting KNEED in the fucking head lol.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
Love those early Crocop fights, very entertaining because he refused to do the wrestling games. His swift left leg to the head was a beauty.

Btw, when they do the arm lock. How the hell do they know the point when to stop not to break it in the heat of the moment...? Or is it hard to break? :S

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
Love those early Crocop fights, very entertaining because he refused to do the wrestling games. His swift left leg to the head was a beauty.

Btw, when they do the arm lock. How the hell do they know the point when to stop not to break it in the heat of the moment...? Or is it hard to break? :S

what arm lock are you refering to?

kimura can snap your arm pretty easy if you dont tap fast, armbar is a little harder but can fuck your arm up pretty good if you get the leverage right.

I hope that dude got his fucking ass kicked. no need to do it that fast/hard while sparring.

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
straight armbar like this (but arm should be under elbow and his thumb facing upwards) hurts like crazy, and its a SUPER uncomfortable pain. way worse then kimura/armbar imo, just because it feels so fucking horrible.

I would assume prety hard to get in an actual fight though.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Yeah I meant this one, the one I see most frequently.

It was also prevalent in the Best of Pride fighting-video posted.

epic_alien

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »
pride,  they fought in a ring.

ufc uses the cage. which is a gimmick, and adds a 3rd man into the fight. using the cage for leverage, smashing a face into the cage. grabbing the cage,  ect.

pride was the best.

spinnis

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
Yeah I meant this one, the one I see most frequently.

It was also prevalent in the Best of Pride fighting-video posted.

eventually it will snap your arm.. but unless you're brazilian you tap pretty fast is someone has it deep.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
eventually it will snap your arm.. but unless you're brazilian you tap pretty fast is someone has it deep.

you might want to edit this while you still got a chance, Swede

there are several Japanese fighters with "Yamato Damashii" who will tap to nothing (ex Enson Inoue)

spinnis

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:39 PM »
you might want to edit this while you still got a chance, Swede

there are several Japanese fighters with "Yamato Damashii" who will tap to nothing (ex Enson Inoue)
I should have added jap fighters to the brazilians hehe

cue tbomz claiming "they're not even going for it hard"

hahaha

3:11 insane reactions. stopped it like it was nothing. thats the type of stuff alot of poeple misses.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
best shows ever

E
E

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

bench

x2

they should have an automatic $10,000 deduction anytime either fighter is blatantly stalling the fight, weren't they going to implement that a year or two ago? at least that would almost guarantee it won't go to decision too often.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
PRIDE was the best...sad to think that nothing will ever compare to it.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »