Author Topic: Gold This Decade  (Read 13345 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Gold This Decade
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
I recall Ron Paul and some others advocating a return to Gold backed currency.  I just can`t think how it would work with a finite supply of gold in contrast with a growing population.  I have encountered Williams Jennings Bryan and his "Cross of Gold Speech" and advocation of gold backed currency in a lot of my historical reading and am wondering if Ron Paul and the others are harking exactly back to this.  I am not entirely sure, but I am aware he has written a book about his views.

Also, lets not forget that Gold suffers from market speculation and most dangerously, The Tinkerbell Effect.  The Tinkerbell Effect alone makes one realize that the only REALLY sound investment is Land and Property when it comes down to it.

Ron Paul is an idiot.  And if you kept all your money in gold all the time, you're an idiot.  HTH
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
KC bringing the stupid as usual. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »

Hahaha okay great oracle.  What a nut.   ::)
Abandon every hope...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »

Do you own any gold yet?  Now is certainly not the time to buy it since it is at its high.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »
Do you own any gold yet?  Now is certainly not the time to buy it since it is at its high.

Not much, but I have a shit load of brass and lead for sure, so i will steal your gold if need be.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:53 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
Do you own any gold yet?  Now is certainly not the time to buy it since it is at its high.

Heard this at 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1300 dollars.  Keep your wisdom to yourself on this matter.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
Gold still cheap? Don't laugh.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Gold bugs rejoice. The yellow metal is at a record high. And guess what? It's probably going to keep climbing higher until oil prices finally come down.

Here's why. Gold and oil tend to trade in tandem. Many of the same factors that drive up oil prices, i.e. inflation fears, a weak dollar and geopolitical turmoil, also help lift gold.

Speculation or fear due to what's going on in Libya may be a part of the recent spike in gold. But it's not the whole story.

"People are looking for hard assets. Yes, the current situation in the Middle East is compounding matters," he said. "But sovereign debt issues around the world are not going away. They are long-term problems with no quick immediate solutions."

Hallon is even more bullish on gold than Ross and Berol. Although he did not provide a timeframe, he said gold at $2,500 an ounce and silver at $75 would not be ridiculous.

He added that demand from emerging markets like China will only drive metal prices higher. Again, it's not about fear as much as it is economic reality.

"Gold is an investment that helps protect other assets," he said. "I'm not a believer that the world's coming to an end. But buyers of gold aren't just people panicked thinking they will have to go into a cave with fractional coins and canned food."

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
Ron Paul is an idiot.  And if you kept all your money in gold all the time, you're an idiot.  HTH

That makes you the uber idiot.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 03:46:43 PM »
I recall Ron Paul and some others advocating a return to Gold backed currency.  I just can`t think how it would work with a finite supply of gold in contrast with a growing population. 

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/wat...aul-vs-bernank

"there is not enough gold."

That, unfortunately, is the most patently absurd claim ever and coming from a Fed Chairman we are pretty confused by its implications. Surely Ben realizes that all that matters is the price equivalent ratio of conversion. There will be more than enough gold if gold is converted instead at $2,000/oz at $20,000, or failing that, $200,000 and so forth. There will be more than enough gold if one ounce is equivalent to a million piece of linen or more, or more realistically, at $6,300 as Dylan Grice quantified previously. We guarantee it. And after all, that is the whole point of a gold standard: not to dilute the currency infinitely

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07:07 AM »
That makes you the uber idiot.

Haha oh please.  Gold is like anything else, it will rise, then it will fall.  Don't give me the 'supply and demand' nonsense.  I've heard the talk about all the gold ever mined would fit into 2 Olympic swimming pools and 'this price is based on demand'.  It's based on fear plain and simple.  Fear that if you hold USD investments, they will need to outperform at an astronomical level to making up for devaluation in the currency.  That is what's driving gold higher.  Remove the fear of USD devaluation and you remove the highs of gold.  When this will happen is something no one knows.  But it will happen. 
Abandon every hope...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »
 ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »
Kc bringing the stupid like clockwork.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:55 AM »
Kc bringing the stupid like clockwork.

Haha you really do need to spend more time following more than one gold hawking analyst or doomsdayer.  Branch out a little.  OR stay dumb and blind.  I already know which one you'll choose  ;)
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
Haha you really do need to spend more time following more than one gold hawking analyst or doomsdayer.  Branch out a little.  OR stay dumb and blind.  I already know which one you'll choose  ;)

Pot meet kettle, Captain Islam.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
Pot meet kettle, Captain Islam.

Not to derail the thread or anything huh?

On that point, i do in fact read opposing viewpoints on Islam.  I watch the youtubes you post, and i agree there are some terrible acts committed by muslims in the name of islam.  Unlike you i balance this viewpoint with experience in dealing with muslims personally, and this helps my come to the understanding that not all muslims are out to convert, kill or impose sharia.  Perhaps if i only listened to the sources you tend to follow i would.  But i don't. 
Abandon every hope...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
I recall Ron Paul and some others advocating a return to Gold backed currency.  I just can`t think how it would work with a finite supply of gold in contrast with a growing population.  I have encountered Williams Jennings Bryan and his "Cross of Gold Speech" and advocation of gold backed currency in a lot of my historical reading and am wondering if Ron Paul and the others are harking exactly back to this.  I am not entirely sure, but I am aware he has written a book about his views.

Also, lets not forget that Gold suffers from market speculation and most dangerously, The Tinkerbell Effect.  The Tinkerbell Effect alone makes one realize that the only REALLY sound investment is Land and Property when it comes down to it.

Ron Paul's tha man.  BTW, Land and Property are finite too in contrast with a growing population, aren't they?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
i bought alot of silver bullion before it was even 14$ US. i think it is no where near it's top

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
i bought alot of silver bullion before it was even 14$ US. i think it is no where near it's top

The people i have talked with and listen to, all believe silver will outperform gold this year and possible next.  I've heard $94 as a target, although that is really, really high.  But was a quantitative analyst believes that is the target.
Abandon every hope...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
The people i have talked with and listen to, all believe silver will outperform gold this year and possible next.  I've heard $94 as a target, although that is really, really high.  But was a quantitative analyst believes that is the target.

i have absolutely no doubt about the 100.00 mark. with a potential much greater high mark.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 05:21:39 AM »
Gold = Silver = Housing Market = Tulip mania

Tulip mania was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced tulip reached extraordinarily high levels and then suddenly collapsed.  At the peak of tulip mania, in February 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble).

A tulip, known as "the Viceroy", displayed in a 1637 Dutch catalog. Its bulb cost between 3000 and 4200 florins depending on size. A skilled craftsman at the time earned about 300 florins a year.

1. Nusteling, H. (1985) Welvaart en Werkgelegenheid in Amsterdam 1540–1860, pp. 114, 252, 254, 258.
2. "Tulipomania: The Story of the World's Most Coveted Flower & the Extraordinary Passions It Aroused." Mike Dash (2001).
3. Shiller 2005, p. 85 More extensive discussion of status as the earliest bubble on pp. 247–48.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 08:06:25 PM »
supposedly Silver is supposed ta drop tommoro [Monday], fuck I'm goin to be busy tomorrow unable to go to any coin dealers.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
I doubt it will drop tho.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
Silver hit past $36. God damn, yehaww!