Author Topic: Manfred Hoeberl's 25" arms  (Read 30457 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Manfred Hoeberl's 25" arms
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
When Denise R. was moving up the ranks in the late 80's, she would come to San Diego to get her stuff.  Her supplier owned a gym I used to train at in San Diego.  Many times she did not have the $ to pay for the stuff.  Quite often she paid with sexual favors.  I heard she was a real nympho too. 

It's a shame Denise crashed and burned.  If she had held it together, she would have been Ms Olympia easily.
Def hot. Used to see her at Venice all the time back in the day. I think she's born again now or something.  The gym wasn't R.S.'s gym was it?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
He did, but fucker was strong as shit.  Saw it where he took a closed can of coke in his hands and crushed it.  Apparently when closed it took something like 1000 pounds per square inch.  Could have been a prop can though.  But he was strong.

Yes, a legit strongman for sure!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »
Many people here hating on the adorable Manfred.

Manfred the Höberl -> man fred of Vögerl -> man fed men pleasure -> syntholized blood pressure

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
in before BigMikeCox

RAW - NO CONDOM - NO PULLING OUT

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »
Def hot. Used to see her at Venice all the time back in the day. I think she's born again now or something.  The gym wasn't R.S.'s gym was it?

cool, is the born again whore still at venice all the time?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »

Close but no cigar.  I can't give too much info... might get me into trouble.

She was sexy...even when she was in contest shape.  Her boobs used to fall out of her top while she was posing.  She used to do flips, cartwheels and all that shit.  I met her at the USA's in the 80's... very flirtatious.  Definitely would have been Ms O.  She quit because she found jesus.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »

She was sexy...even when she was in contest shape.  Her boobs used to fall out of her top while she was posing.  She used to do flips, cartwheels and all that shit.  I met her at the USA's in the 80's... very flirtatious.  Definitely would have been Ms O.  She quit because she found jesus.

Jesus Lopez   ??? ???

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

she should throw him on ebay, she could make a fortune. there are tons of people looking for him

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
The guy was VERY strong. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
he was decent before he oiled his arms to shit

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

btw. what year is this from? he's get a brutal popeye tear in his left bicep same that Cutler had.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
Relatively strong, sure, but his biceps are/were CRAMMED with shit.

Also, the fuckwit one time suggested he could barbell curl 440 pounds. MMI's Steve Neece (RIP) offered him 10,000 of his own dough if Manfred could do it in his presence. Cheat as much as he wanted as long as it wasn't a drag curl.

Declined.

NO ONE has ever been strong enough to cheat up a 440-pound barbell curl.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »

cool, is the born again whore still at venice all the time?

I read she went kind of loopy and was travelling the country with some Christian group spreading the gospel. This was a while ago now - would be interested to know if anyone has new info.

Definitely hot.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »
First use of synthol?
I was going to say anybody think Denise was hot when I saw this post!:

Plain and simple. Early 90's. 1st room of Golds Gym , Venice. Soon to be IFBB pro Denise Rutkowski is training for the USA to be held in Santa Monica. She finishes her workout and decides to start an impromptu posing exhibit for the camera of the late schmoe/musclemag columnist Steve Neece. She strips down to her hotskins lycra outfit and starts hitting some compulsary poses for the camera and a small crowd of onlookers including me gather around her by the open air fenced portion of the room. She gets around to hitting a very intense front ab shot , grimaces, farts and BANG!!!! Out leaks what looked to be a half gallon of smelly butt water that  looked like salmon oil. And yes it smelled like eggs and farts. Many acted like they didnt notice but she knew what happened. She put her clown pants back on in a hurry and off she went.
     You see.....back in the late 80's and early 90's the California trend of dieting on a fish called orange Roughy was the big craze in Venice. It started in 88 when the Olympia was in LA. British great Brian Buchanin was into eating 5 plus pounds of this high protein fish per day. And so it caught on like a wild fire in Venice. And yes...it had a bad side effect of causing a leaky  and smelly oily butt water to drip out of your anus if you moved the wrong way. But boy did it build muscle. Anyway...true story. Maybe that is why she retired after one olympia showing.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 02:38:07 AM »

Also, the fuckwit one time suggested he could barbell curl 440 pounds. MMI's Steve Neece (RIP) offered him 10,000 of his own dough if Manfred could do it in his presence. Cheat as much as he wanted as long as it wasn't a drag curl.

Declined.

Haha no fucking shit, it would cause slight overbalance issues from the get go.

It sounds like the guy made a lot of stupid claims.
Trans Milkshake.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 02:51:33 AM »

Declined.

How much is the record of a cheated BB curl (if existed such competition)?
North of Italy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »
How much is the record of a cheated BB curl (if existed such competition)?

good question

i'm pretty sure that the strict curl world record isn't much more than 200 pounds

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »
good question

i'm pretty sure that the strict curl world record isn't much more than 200 pounds

for "strict" I would say done back-against-a-wall
North of Italy

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 03:21:16 AM »
I have been filing contest reports from the 1960s, and indeed a 200 pound curl IN COMPETITION is rare. It appears most curl competitions were done standing (of course) without the back braced against some upright item.

Luther Rogers curled 235 on Nov 19, 1960 and again on Jan 1, 1964 in competition.

Several other men also managed 200 in competition:
Winston Binney
Pat Casey
Val Vasilieff (later changed the spelling of his name)
George Gillow
Mike Giardina

Also rare is a bodyweight curl, but some of the lighter men could curl bodyweight, or slightly more.

These lifts were for the first half of the 1960s- more may be encountered as I complete the decade.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 03:22:56 AM »
for "strict" I would say done back-against-a-wall

that's correct, back and ass against the wall

and speaking of italian lifters, i remember once attending a pretty big powerlifting meet in my city with some record holders on hand

anyways, there was a posse of italian bench press f@ggots (as a friend of mine used to call them) and one of these italian dudes was wearing shades in the auditorium and he even benched in these shades ;D ;D ;D

i guess he thought that he was some kind of badass, but he got his ass handed to him on the bench by a few american fellas lol

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 03:26:16 AM »
that's correct, back and ass against the wall

and speaking of italian lifters, i remember once attending a pretty big powerlifting meet in my city with some record holders on hand

anyways, there was a posse of italian bench press f@ggots (as a friend of mine used to call them) and one of these italian dudes was wearing shades in the auditorium and he even benched in these shades ;D ;D ;D

i guess he thought that he was some kind of badass, but he got his ass handed to him on the bench by a few american fellas lol

lolz yes maybe he was going for the Terminator look....which is a good proven way to embarass himself  ;D
North of Italy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:46 AM »
lolz yes maybe he was going for the Terminator look....which is a good proven way to embarass himself  ;D

and i bet that he was most likely of southern italian descent ;D

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 03:34:26 AM »
and i bet that he was most likely of southern italian descent ;D

that's for sure mate, no doubt about it!

10% of them are decent people but 90% are like cockroaches [sp?]
North of Italy

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 03:45:22 AM »
that's for sure mate, no doubt about it!

10% of them are decent people but 90% are like cockroaches [sp?]

What team do you support ?