Author Topic: UFC 143, Diaz loses and retires  (Read 13214 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: UFC 143, Diaz loses and retires
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 09:06:37 AM »
Not that im bashing anyones opinion but UFC tried that and it took 40 million to get it to a point of general acceptance. Everyone these days thinks theyre an MMA fighter, with their Tapout shirts and threats of KO / subbing you (i love it when i hear it). Nobody gace a rats ass about the true form of MMA years ago, i dont remember Royce, Kimo etc grossing 1 million PPV buys.........

MMA is where it needs to be for the sport to expand, alienating the casual fans who still contribute more $ than the small sect of hardcores will only put the company in jeopardy. You cant cater for the few and expect the many to follow suit.

You got it all wrong. The growth of MMA in the past few years was by young men who are fans of violence and just became aware that MMA even exists recently. They would be fans even if you allowed guys to stab each other with knives inside the cage. The new fans are not people who were turned off by the brutality of the old MMA and now became fans because it was toned down. The new rules will not make it more accepted by people who hate violence because they hate any violence, but it will decrease the popularity of the UFC with the fans and they will tune in to watch other promotions.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC 143, Diaz loses and retires
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »
  Yes it will, because it will appeal more to fans of combat sports, who are the only fans there are. The general public will never like MMA, with no rules or lots of them, approved by the athletic comissions or not.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

you can't regress and your idea is all about the sport deevolving back to what it used to be..