Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 40280 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
30-50 a day?!?!

come on.

He read it in a university nutrition textbook (yeah right).  ::)  :D

You need to read university nutrition textbooks and not forum hearsay for your information.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »
He read it in a university nutrition textbook (yeah right).  ::)  :D

k. i've seen a lot of stupid shit online, from guys who claim to know what they are talking about, but this is probably the most stupid thing i have ever read.

i think what happens a lot of time is that people get caught up with 'what they've read/ what studies show' when in the real world the application of said 'knowledge' results in less than positive results- but that doesnt matter cause its an accredited study done by a phd  ::)

heres a good example- ''tbombz' will argue up and down his stance on something based on what he's read. where as the real world application that he doesnt agree with due to it not being 'in what he's read' is not only effective, but highly effective- take ed tren administration. hed argue all day long it makes no difference if you take it ed or eod. but those who take it to the person will say ed administration yields far superior results, even though nobody can really say why. but because he hasnt read that it in a study that ed admin is better it is impossible for it to be.

too many textbook scientists on this site, not enough real world experience talking.
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »

i think what happens a lot of time is that people get caught up with 'what they've read/ what studies show' when in the real world the application of said 'knowledge' results in less than positive results- but that doesnt matter cause its an accredited study done by a phd  ::)

Here's the thing though, Vince didn't get this idea from any study, since we know even FDA recs are much higher. So it's a double fail for Vince.  :D

He tells us to read textbooks but doesn't take his own advice.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
You see the only aw fuck it.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »
I was at my peak in 1975. I didn't realize the importance of DOMS until 1998 or so. I have debated this topic on the Hypertrophy Specific Forum but impressed nobody there.

You fellows have the benefit of my 52+ years experience bodybuilding and thinking about theories of training.

Just because a thought pops into your head does not make it correct.

The fundamental biology of our bodies has not changed in a million years. The only thing to evolve in bodybuilding in 70+ years is drugs and diet knowledge. Training knowledge is basic and simple.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
I would say both training and diet knowledge are basic and simple...drugs are the only aspect that has evolved throughout the years.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
I am certainly no expert nutritionist… but I do believe that protein requirements really depend on a few variables such as- Current body weight and lean body mass, age, activity level, training goals (maintenance vs muscle building) etc.

To make a blank statement that EVERYONE needs 1 gram of protein per pound of body mass, or whatever is an error, in my opinion… Ditto for “you only need 20-50g per day"

I believe a more correct answer is “It depends.”

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »
meet your daily poonteen requirements
A

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
meet your daily crack requirements like me

fixed.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
You really are delusional, HOMIE. You are the one who was busted for buying drugs... and you are the sorry excuse for a man who was looking to take handouts from people on the internet lol Epic Projection.  ::)

I really honestly feel sorry for you. I'll pray for you!

I'm really in pretty deep in your nappy head, nukka. I can assure you that I have a pristine criminal record. Can you say the same? And if you can find the slightest evidence or implication that I have ever asked for a handout from anybody for anything please do so or admit that you simply just made that up. Sounds like you're doing the projecting as it is your kind that has a profound sense of entitlement with their hand out and "you owe me" attitude be it affirmative action, reparations, AFDC, welfare, food stamps.... "Where's my 40 acres and a mule?" LOL!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »
fixed.

For a board certified surgeon that you claim to be you sure have a lot of free time to post on a bodybuilding board.

I have an excuse. I have a lot of free time. But I don't have nearly the responsibility, stress and time demands that you must do being a doctor. But that's why you get paid the big bucks. Just seems odd that someone who claims to be in your position is even here and says the things that you do.

Very ghetto.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
Changing beliefs of muscle heads is virtually impossible. That is clearly the dumbbell syndrome and most here accept nonsense as long as their equally thick mates think the same. Thinking is what many here are incaple of doing. There seems to be a principle of sufficiency operating when parsimony and economy benefit from necessity considerations. If you need X grams of protein to grow and ingest several times that what can we conclude? Simply that such wasteful simpletons are ignorant of nutrition and foolishly go along with accepted crap driven by rich supplement companies.

It doesn't surprise me that the flotsam have little capacity to assess new concepts. They are already equipped with excellent excuses to justify what they believe. They honestly don't believe it is possible to get huge naturally and rapidly so they dismiss all training as the sole path to hypertrophy.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »
 “Science and Practice of Strength Training” (Zatsiorsky)
 The Repetition Method: This method can be defined as lifting a non-maximal weight to failure; it is during this fatigue state when the muscles develop the maximal possible force. Because of this it is only the final lifts that are important because of the fatigue state. This type of training has a greater influence on muscle metabolism and hypertrophy when compare to the other methods due to the direct increase in size of muscle fibers.  

Training to failure is the fastest way to gain musle size and strength. end of story!  Unfortunately I dont know anyone who can train to failure without leading to overtraining quickly.
l

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
Changing beliefs of muscle heads is virtually impossible. That is clearly the dumbbell syndrome and most here accept nonsense as long as their equally thick mates think the same. Thinking is what many here are incaple of doing. There seems to be a principle of sufficiency operating when parsimony and economy benefit from necessity considerations. If you need X grams of protein to grow and ingest several times that what can we conclude? Simply that such wasteful simpletons are ignorant of nutrition and foolishly go along with accepted crap driven by rich supplement companies.

It doesn't surprise me that the flotsam have little capacity to assess new concepts. They are already equipped with excellent excuses to justify what they believe. They honestly don't believe it is possible to get huge naturally and rapidly so they dismiss all training as the sole path to hypertrophy.

I'm already huge naturally and I spent very little time near a smith machine......I win.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »

Your mom is huge naturally, did she eat a man named smith?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
I'm already huge naturally and I spent very little time near a smith machine......I win.
Outed.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »
I would say both training and diet knowledge are basic and simple...drugs are the only aspect that has evolved throughout the years.

Yes, that seems to be so but is false. Training knowledge has evolved and so has gym equipment, especially machines and cardio equipment. Nutrition has made advances, too, re research. The problem is being able to read the research, recognize valuable information and apply it sensibly.

Vince Gironda was the Iron Guru. He published articles about bodybuilding but he said that everywhere he went people wanted information. That is still true today. If you post about a method some people will send a personal message requesting more information or help with programs.

The drugs have prolifterated in use but nowhere is there any research about bodybuilders using these chemicals. It is chemical Russian Roulette playing with those potent substances for year after year. Because so many rely on the anabolic drugs training theory has fallen by the wayside but continues to be debated on many bodybuilding forums. There is still plenty to know about hypertrophy training.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »
Yes, that seems to be so but is false. Training knowledge has evolved and so has gym equipment, especially machines and cardio equipment. Nutrition has made advances, too, re research. The problem is being able to read the research, recognize valuable information and apply it sensibly.

Vince Gironda was the Iron Guru. He published articles about bodybuilding but he said that everywhere he went people wanted information. That is still true today. If you post about a method some people will send a personal message requesting more information or help with programs.

The drugs have prolifterated in use but nowhere is there any research about bodybuilders using these chemicals. It is chemical Russian Roulette playing with those potent substances for year after year. Because so many rely on the anabolic drugs training theory has fallen by the wayside but continues to be debated on many bodybuilding forums. There is still plenty to know about hypertrophy training.

Why we should listen to you  ??? you are fat ,   when you were in decent shape you were juicing.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2011, 07:44:59 PM »
Ignor my words at your peril. Not many on this sordid forum post anything of value. Most of the knuckleheads here wouldn't know good advice from bad. Sad but true and this thread is proof of the dumbbells in this community.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
Ignor my words at your peril. Not many on this sordid forum post anything of value. Most of the knuckleheads here wouldn't know good advice from bad. Sad but true and this thread is proof of the dumbbells in this community.

Show me one bodybuilder who got "huge naturally" using your principles. Show me one bodybuilder who will vouch for your expertise. Show me ONE!

No wonder you're in love with Vince Goodrum. Vince claims to be a trainer and nutritionist but he hasn't actually trained anyone, just like you never trained any bodybuilder. I think it's the 'fake til you make it' Americana syndrome.

There are a lot of retard trainers in bodybuilding yet Basile can't show even a single one example of successful application of his ideas. Not one.

Oh yeah, everyone's an expert on getbig, even old delusional guys.

It doesn't surprise me that the flotsam have little capacity to assess new concepts. They are already equipped with excellent excuses to justify what they believe.

This is exactly what you do. You dismiss any research that doesn't fit your pet beliefs. You dismiss any personal experience which doesn't fit your pet beliefs.

Oh well, can't teach an old dog to sit.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
Bilderass you have contributed very little to hypertrophy theory. You merely knock what doesn't fit in with your pet beliefs. That isn't science.

Goodrum is without any originality except for bullshitting all day long.

I have advanced hypertrophy theory. It matters not that the Flotsam dismiss it. Anyone who calls themselves a bodybuilder won't accept what I say because it goes against a lot of what they believe. That is perfectly predictable. I can simulate mental experiments and know that maximum hypertrophy can be approached using my methods. What I have outlined here is just a practical variation of the ultimate theory. What a pity that so many lack sufficient neural connections to be bold enough to try a new experiment.

I don't need to have successful disciples to know my theory works. I have tried it on myself and got amazing results. I haven't done the extreme version yet but who knows maybe one day......

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
Bilderass you have contributed very little to hypertrophy theory. You merely knock what doesn't fit in with your pet beliefs. That isn't science.

I have advanced hypertrophy theory. It matters not that the Flotsam dismiss it. Anyone who calls themselves a bodybuilder won't accept what I say because it goes against a lot of what they believe. That is perfectly predictable. I can simulate mental experiments and know that maximum hypertrophy can be approached using my methods. What I have outlined here is just a practical variation of the ultimate theory. What a pity that so many lack sufficient neural connections to be bold enough to try a new experiment.

I don't need to have successful disciples to know my theory works. I have tried it on myself and got amazing results. I haven't done the extreme version yet but who knows maybe one day......

NAME ONE YOU TRIAN!!! ....or you DIIIIiiiieeeeee

*SHUNK*

*sninckt*

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »

This is probably THE most unscientific attempt at trying to be scientific I've ever seen.

Simulate mental experiments? Yeah hahahaha that's how science is done  ::) ::)

You could argue that Einstein used thought experiments a lot too, only major difference was that he actually provided the equations that could prove his way of thinking. Where are your equations, senile old man?
from incomplete data