Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 02, 2014, 03:16:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, (schmoe)  (Read 55639 times)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

Maybe. Yes.

* big boys.jpg (110.36 KB, 597x799 - viewed 3409 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

* Nick_Trigili_Muscle_Buddies.jpg (70.07 KB, 660x712 - viewed 3032 times.)
io856
Competitors II
Getbig V

phill head

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

What with that tank top on the third

haha
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »

What with that tank top on the third

haha

Very gay "shirt."  Not that there is anything wrong with that; some muscle guys really like to show off, advertise, or otherwise peddle themselves.  This is the kind of shirt I expect to see in a gay bar, street fair, cruise, or at a muscle expo; well, same difference.  Roll Eyes

If you have the physique to pull it off it's fine (the guy above does).  The trouble is a number of gym rats or muscle wannabes like to wear tank tops like this when they simply do not have the muscle mass to pull it off.  That is objectionable.  Sad
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »

Very gay "shirt."  Not that there is anything wrong with that; some muscle guys really like to show off, advertise, or otherwise peddle themselves.  This is the kind of shirt I expect to see in a gay bar, street fair, cruise, or at a muscle expo; well, same difference.  Roll Eyes

If you have the physique to pull it off it's fine (the guy above does).  The trouble is a number of gym rats or muscle wannabes like to wear tank tops like this when they simply do not have the muscle mass to pull it off.  That is objectionable.  Sad

I have that very same shirt style in black somewhere in a drawer. It is really comfortable to wear when working out. I've seen very lean guys wearing that shirt and it looks good on them as well. It probably wouldn't do much for a fat dude though.

Why is it a gay shirt? I don't get that at all.
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »

I have that very same shirt style in black somewhere in a drawer. It is really comfortable to wear when working out. I've seen very lean guys wearing that shirt and it looks good on them as well. It probably wouldn't do much for a fat dude though.

Why is it a gay shirt? I don't get that at all.

If you understand why these images are gay http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0 then you understand why that shirt is gay.  If you don't understand why those pix are gay... then you are right... you don't get it.

No one wears a shirt like that for "comfort" any more than a woman wears a backless dress or a plunging neckline that exposes her cleavage for comfort.  Working out shirtless  or in tiny shorts would be comfortable too, but one does not often see that.  Do women wear 6 inch heels for comfort?  No.  This is not that complicated.  I think you well understand why that shirt is gay... but perhaps there is a part of you that does not want to understand. So be it. Embarrassed
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2012, 08:47:49 AM »

If you understand why these images are gay http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0 then you understand why that shirt is gay.  If you don't understand why those pix are gay... then you are right... you don't get it.

No one wears a shirt like that for "comfort" any more than a woman wears a backless dress or a plunging neckline that exposes her cleavage for comfort.  Working out shirtless  or in tiny shorts would be comfortable too, but one does not often see that.  Do women wear 6 inch heels for comfort?  No.  This is not that complicated.  I think you well understand why that shirt is gay... but perhaps there is a part of you that does not want to understand. So be it. Embarrassed

What is gay is in the eye of the beholder, me thinks. Maybe Oregon is unique in that straight folks sometimes wear "gay clothes" and don't even know it. Personally, I think it depends on whether what one wears is appropriate for where they are more than whether the clothing item is itself is gay. If I were, for example, to wear said shirt to a nightclub or a party, then it would probably look out of place. No doubt some folks would think I was showing off. However, I have seen lots of guys at the gym wearing tank tops who are more than likely not gay men. I doubt they believe wearing a tank top to workout in is gay or they'd never wear it.

This might seem like a rather straight attitude, but to me a woman's exposed cleavage is a lot more sexually provocative than a man's shoulders and upper chest. Most of the fellows who workout where I do, wear really big baggy shorts. Occasionally someone wears running shorts, but that is pretty rare. They are really out of fashion at the gym these days and heaven knows, most gay guys wouldn't wear something no longer in style. In fact around here, one more often sees runners wearing leggings than they do short running shorts. However, you are right that sometimes it might be more comfortable to work out shirtless. At the gym were I work out, that is not allowed for hygiene reasons (most folks don't want to get other folks sweat on them).

When I was in high school, anyone who wore pink or green on Thursdays was supposedly gay. Believing a particular shirt style is gay is about as ridiculous, in my opinion. If it were that easy to figure out who is gay and who is not, folks would never accidentally hit on the wrong person.

BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »

What is gay is in the eye of the beholder, me thinks. Maybe Oregon is unique in that straight folks sometimes wear "gay clothes" and don't even know it. Personally, I think it depends on whether what one wears is appropriate for where they are more than whether the clothing item is itself is gay. If I were, for example, to wear said shirt to a nightclub or a party, then it would probably look out of place. No doubt some folks would think I was showing off. However, I have seen lots of guys at the gym wearing tank tops who are more than likely not gay men. I doubt they believe wearing a tank top to workout in is gay or they'd never wear it.

This might seem like a rather straight attitude, but to me a woman's exposed cleavage is a lot more sexually provocative than a man's shoulders and upper chest. Most of the fellows who workout where I do, wear really big baggy shorts. Occasionally someone wears running shorts, but that is pretty rare. They are really out of fashion at the gym these days and heaven knows, most gay guys wouldn't wear something no longer in style. In fact around here, one more often sees runners wearing leggings than they do short running shorts. However, you are right that sometimes it might be more comfortable to work out shirtless. At the gym were I work out, that is not allowed for hygiene reasons (most folks don't want to get other folks sweat on them).

When I was in high school, anyone who wore pink or green on Thursdays was supposedly gay. Believing a particular shirt style is gay is about as ridiculous, in my opinion. If it were that easy to figure out who is gay and who is not, folks would never accidentally hit on the wrong person.

That is one way to think of it.  A version of this conversation was had in several threads before and in the Connect… the… dots… thread.  Several people can look a photo (Wolf and the tires, Dorian and the sword) and notice exactly why it’s gay and provocative while others can look at the same photos and say, “Please explain because, I don’t see anything gay about it.”  The fact is not everyone is equally perceptive.  So be it.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a normal tank top to work out, but the tank top in the pic above is not a typical tank top—which is why io856 posed the question “What’s with that tank top on the third?  Ha ha”  He perceived what you do not.  Ridiculous?  Perhaps.  So be it.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »

That is one way to think of it.  A version of this conversation was had in several threads before and in the Connect… the… dots… thread.  Several people can look a photo (Wolf and the tires, Dorian and the sword) and notice exactly why it’s gay and provocative while others can look at the same photos and say, “Please explain because, I don’t see anything gay about it.”  The fact is not everyone is equally perceptive.  So be it.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a normal tank top to work out, but the tank top in the pic above is not a typical tank top—which is why io856 posed the question “What’s with that tank top on the third?  Ha ha”  He perceived what you do not.  Ridiculous?  Perhaps.  So be it.

Not to belabor the tank top issue, but the one I have, I bought in the men's underwear section of Target. There were racks of them. Following the logic that the shirt is gay which suggests the wearer actually is, there must be whole lot of gay men shopping for their underwear at Target.

The way you use the word perception suggests to me that you believe those folks who don't see something like the examples you provided as gay are lacking in perception. The fact is that their perception is simply different than other people's are and not necessarily lacking at all. Now had you said similarly perceptive, you'd have probably be right, because that allows for the fact that different folks have different perceptions based on their experiences.  This helps explain why many gay folks see these things as being gay while some straight folks may not.
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

This thread is going off topic so this will be my last post on the subject. Do you think that pic of Dorian bent over the sword is gay?  

Another, even better, example is the pic of Haney standing on the sewer grate shirtless in jeans with puffs of seam coming out under him.  Do you think that pic is gay?  I remember when it was first posted here several years ago many people disparaged the Haney pic as decidedly gay.  The guys doing so were presumably straight.  They were right: the pic is very gay; still quite a few people did not get it--and still don't.  But the pic is not explicit so what exactly makes it gay?  Why were several straight posters able to espy the gay aesthetic?  Why were some other posters unable to see it?  It is not simply a matter of having a "different perception."  It has to do with ability.  The fact is some people ARE more perceptive than others (just as some are better at mathematics).  If you have spent time studying philosophy, literature, photography, film, or art history, for example--or even just spent a lot of time in museums looking at paintings, sculptures, etc.--you learn to connect dots (historical, cultural, aesthetic) and see a bigger picture or arrive at noteworthy conclusions. I am willing to wager that you do not have a lot of study in these areas or you would readily know this.

Let me try to explain it another way: remember that old TV game show Name That Tune?  We have all played a version of it alone or with others.  You begin to hear a song on the radio; you don't recognize it, but it sounds familiar.  You might need to hear the song for 45 seconds before you can fully recognize it.  Your wife sitting next to you may recognize the song in 5 seconds yet neither of you have heard the song in, say, 15 years.  She connected the dots--not differently, just more quickly than you did.

One does not have to be gay to see why some of these images are gay, but you do have to be able to connect... the... dots.  Some people can readily do this.  Some people can do it quickly.  Some cannot do it at all... even when you explain it to them, they shrug, looking dumbfounded, and say something like, "I still don't see it."
B_B_C
Getbig IV

Navy Seal Crushers ate heavy

« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

This thread is going off topic so this will be my last post on the subject.

are you always right?
sounds like you are saying the subject is off topic because someone has the temerity to put a cogent argument to you

c
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »

This thread is going off topic so this will be my last post on the subject. Do you think that pic of Dorian bent over the sword is gay?  

Another, even better, example is the pic of Haney standing on the sewer grate shirtless in jeans with puffs of seam coming out under him.  Do you think that pic is gay?  I remember when it was first posted here several years ago many people disparaged the Haney pic as decidedly gay.  The guys doing so were presumably straight.  They were right: the pic is very gay; still quite a few people did not get it--and still don't.  But the pic is not explicit so what exactly makes it gay?  Why were several straight posters able to espy the gay aesthetic?  Why were some other posters unable to see it?  It is not simply a matter of having a "different perception."  It has to do with ability.  The fact is some people ARE more perceptive than others (just as some are better at mathematics).  If you have spent time studying philosophy, literature, photography, film, or art history, for example--or even just spent a lot of time in museums looking at paintings, sculptures, etc.--you learn to connect dots (historical, cultural, aesthetic) and see a bigger picture or arrive at noteworthy conclusions. I am willing to wager that you do not have a lot of study in these areas or you would readily know this.

Let me try to explain it another way: remember that old TV game show Name That Tune?  We have all played a version of it alone or with others.  You begin to hear a song on the radio; you don't recognize it, but it sounds familiar.  You might need to hear the song for 45 seconds before you can fully recognize it.  Your wife sitting next to you may recognize the song in 5 seconds yet neither of you have heard the song in, say, 15 years.  She connected the dots--not differently, just more quickly than you did.

One does not have to be gay to see why some of these images are gay, but you do have to be able to connect... the... dots.  Some people can readily do this.  Some people can do it quickly.  Some cannot do it at all... even when you explain it to them, they shrug, looking dumbfounded, and say something like, "I still don't see it."

It is bad form to propose to end the discussion and then proceed to continue arguing your point. You either wish to end the discussion or you don't. Since you spoke further, this would suggest that you feel you must have the last word. However, this is your thread. Do with it as you will.
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »

are you always right?
sounds like you are saying the subject is off topic because someone has the temerity to put a cogent argument to you

Don't be simple (if you can help it).  This conversation should very well continue in the Connect... the... dots... thread where it belongs.
B_B_C
Getbig IV

Navy Seal Crushers ate heavy

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »

if its that important to you
then of course you are right and you may as well have the last word

c
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2012, 05:57:03 AM »

Yep. Yep. Yep.

* mrOs.jpg (68.22 KB, 877x720 - viewed 2737 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »

Probably. Yes.

* 0008_57_Mira_Cipra_Stefan_Orosz.jpg (117.59 KB, 600x800 - viewed 2579 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2012, 06:51:51 AM »

Yes. No.

* joey sergo tyler sackett.jpg (244.39 KB, 933x784 - viewed 3550 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »

No. Probably not. No. Yes. No. Yes (but only for the hair).  Kiss

* fit gear republic.jpg (81.77 KB, 960x720 - viewed 2288 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »

No. Maybe. No.

* Biceps Biceps (146).jpg (92.52 KB, 1087x600 - viewed 3660 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:18 AM »

Yes. No.

* comparison_01.jpg (89.16 KB, 960x639 - viewed 2348 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2012, 06:34:55 AM »

No. Yes.

* comparison 251.jpg (382.46 KB, 1280x1920 - viewed 1844 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

No. Yes.

* comparison 253.jpg (239.47 KB, 837x827 - viewed 1734 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

* team kuwait.jpg (75.18 KB, 960x640 - viewed 3553 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »

No. Yes.

* beach buddies.jpg (236.71 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 2120 times.)
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »

Yes. No.

* andrey skoromny dmitry yashankin.jpg (57.92 KB, 960x720 - viewed 1611 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!