Author Topic: What's a good gift for a man  (Read 17056 times)

w8m8

Re: What's a good gift for a man
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »
Doesn't shop the mall ;)

nope ... I think a car wash coupon book is going to make him happy   :)

A good gift to a happily married man 'who is helping you out' would be to be gracious and kind to his lovely wife.  Ask her what he'd like from you as a thankyou?

Otherwise it's just plain strange?  Involve her, make her your new best friend as well as him...

?
xLinda

do not mess with or even give time to married men, especially happily married ones.  If he's doing you big indescribable unable to know how to thank him favours, something's going on and I'd run the other way.

Your world is nothing that can be compared to mine Linda .. but thank you for your time  :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
A good gift to a happily married man 'who is helping you out' would be to be gracious and kind to his lovely wife.  Ask her what he'd like from you as a thankyou?

Otherwise it's just plain strange?  Involve her, make her your new best friend as well as him...

?
xLinda

do not mess with or even give time to married men, especially happily married ones.  If he's doing you big indescribable unable to know how to thank him favours, something's going on and I'd run the other way.

Not necessarily Linda.  Some men can be kind and generous without ulterior motives.  It's called good character and integrity.  I wouldn't give a second thought to my husband helping out someone who needed it (male or female).
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »

LOL  .. that's a gift that keeps on giving .. this is just a one time thing migs  ;) .. But I love your idea and in another situation I will keep it in mind

no it can be a one time gift.  By the way, i think I'm due for a present...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »
I got a $1k gift card to Best Buy a few years ago.  Great gift!   8)

newmom

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:10 AM »
Not necessarily Linda.  Some men can be kind and generous without ulterior motives.  It's called good character and integrity.  I wouldn't give a second thought to my husband helping out someone who needed it (male or female).

that's because those are qualities of someone brought up right and a true gentleman

w8m8

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:56 AM »
no it can be a one time gift.  By the way, i think I'm due for a present...

a one time gift with no refund ..and no exchange right ?

lol .. I reckon a lot of those gifts are handed out in clubs and cat houses 

hope you have a great day migs .. you always make me smile  ;D

w8m8

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 05:02:55 AM »
that's because those are qualities of someone brought up right and a true gentleman

I like watching that show "What would you do ?"

just to see how many people actually step up and show consideration to others when they witness someone in distress of some sort

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 06:41:05 AM »
I got a $1k gift card to Best Buy a few years ago.  Great gift!   8)

You're kidding right?  :D  Or was it from a little kid?
:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »
Very kewl Toxie !! Thank you .. I've bookmarked that site  :)

thee is berry welcome  :)

i LOVE that store...even when i go with the intention of buying something and i KNOW what i want...i still linger looking at stuff...its my version of a hardware store......when i pass my test..i will buy this  :)

http://www.brookstone.com/massage-chairs_Premium-Massage-Chairs_uastro-massage-chair-zero-gravity-massage-chair.html?bkiid=categoryLandingPage_Massage_Massage_Chairs|C4CategoryProdList1FDT|9244161
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:22 AM »

I like watching that show "What would you do ?"

just to see how many people actually step up and show consideration to others when they witness someone in distress of some sort

I love that show!  Although some of the scenarios they come up with are a little out there.  They say they really happen though  :-\

My favorite was the one with the drunk man laying on the sidewalk and the homeless woman trying to get him some help.  Made me  :'( and   >:(  I'm glad they followed up and tracked her down and got her some help too.

Another good one was the guy putting something into a girls drink while she went to the ladies room.
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »

Absolutely, and those are the ones who must always be thanked.  

But honestly, (although it seems you've misread me and construe me to be out of line), please, really really really?  do be careful of happily married men doing you favours...

xL
intelligence and integrity

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
You're kidding right?  :D  Or was it from a little kid?

Not kidding. $1000 can go a long way at Best Buy. It took me more than a year to use it all.  Or did you think I meant $1, as in one dollar? ???

To this day I consider it a great gift.  I realize not everyone wants to spend that kind of money. $500 or even a $100 gift card is something any guy would appreciate. :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »
yep, I clocked your k and realised that we're not talking about kiddie pressies...

What I wonder is what this gift you've received was for?  Surely that was from a loved one, a family member or else from a hugely grateful client?

Are we doing a thread about 'the best present I've ever received'?

Or are we doing one on how to politely thank a happily married man who has recently driven us someplace or helped us move a cupboard?  There's a massive line between small favours and huge ones...

with love
xxxLinda

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 10:38:43 AM »
Not kidding. $1000 can go a long way at Best Buy. It took me more than a year to use it all.  Or did you think I meant $1, as in one dollar? ???

To this day I consider it a great gift.  I realize not everyone wants to spend that kind of money. $500 or even a $100 gift card is something any guy would appreciate. :)

$#!t  ::)  I missed the k.  I thought you said one dollar ;D
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
We don't have 'What Would You Do' here in UK.  So I'm assuming it's some kind of staged reality show, making fools of people, like Candid Camera or You've Been Framed, wherein the unsuspecting punter gets landed in a situation and they film his/her reaction?

It'll be on here soon I guess.

Man, I so totally hate reality TV, I won't be watching it.

Is it perhaps something like "Britain Has Talent/aka Simon Cowell Exploits The Mentally Challenged"?

with mad love
xxxL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »
tattoo his name in bold on your arse.

xx

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
We don't have 'What Would You Do' here in UK.  So I'm assuming it's some kind of staged reality show, making fools of people, like Candid Camera or You've Been Framed, wherein the unsuspecting punter gets landed in a situation and they film his/her reaction?

It'll be on here soon I guess.

Man, I so totally hate reality TV, I won't be watching it.

Is it perhaps something like "Britain Has Talent/aka Simon Cowell Exploits The Mentally Challenged"?

with mad love
xxxL

It's more about real live situations that are in the news headlines... college hazing, racism, public humiliation, discrimination...

This is the episode that made me 
:'( 

:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »
sorry, Princess L, but I dont ever click any of those boxes in case it's all virus.  (I have an 11-year old purple iMac and I wouldn't be able to see it anyways)

I don't trust anyone. My lovely old 'puter is on her last legs, never broken yet, but I'm not pushing her.  Think this machine was invented prior to jpg.  Stalkers regularly hack.

Can we do a Steve Jobs valadictory complimentary thread?  I hear the man who invented this beautiful purple thing I adore so much which I bought for £999 in 1999, the man who went on to oversee the ipod and the iphone, is 6 weeks from death?  Oh I wish he could live.

good gift = health
wealth and stealth...

cheers
xL

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
thee is berry welcome  :)

i LOVE that store...even when i go with the intention of buying something and i KNOW what i want...i still linger looking at stuff...its my version of a hardware store......when i pass my test..i will buy this  :)

http://www.brookstone.com/massage-chairs_Premium-Massage-Chairs_uastro-massage-chair-zero-gravity-massage-chair.html?bkiid=categoryLandingPage_Massage_Massage_Chairs|C4CategoryProdList1FDT|9244161

i work there.  I am the top seller in the southeast of the massage chairs and tempurpedic beds.  I just sold a chair earlier this week.  It is nice!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
a one time gift with no refund ..and no exchange right ?

lol .. I reckon a lot of those gifts are handed out in clubs and cat houses 

hope you have a great day migs .. you always make me smile  ;D

my day sucks.  My cat is missing

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 09:17:17 AM »
i work there.  I am the top seller in the southeast of the massage chairs and tempurpedic beds.  I just sold a chair earlier this week.  It is nice!

note to self....

get migsy's employee discount....

step 1) make best buddies with migs...

hey there migs!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »

What was the demographic of who you sold it to?  Jus curious.

note to self....

hey there migs!  ;D

Aren't you guys already bffs?  Didn't you have a man date or something?
 ;D
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »
my day sucks.  My cat is missing

:'(

Keep us updated.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
note to self....

hey there migs!  ;D

hi toxie!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 10:10:38 PM »
What was the demographic of who you sold it to?  Jus curious.

Aren't you guys already bffs?  Didn't you have a man date or something?
 ;D

mostly middle aged, whites or asians.  we have a decent mix though.  Depnds on location.  I have sold a lot of these.  with the financing option more "regular" people are wanting them.  Problem is many dont qualify for the financing.  CAT HAS BEEN FOUND!