Author Topic: Bob Paris: speaking the truth - 1986  (Read 40757 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Bob Paris: speaking the truth
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »
Looks alright - just real lean...

Looks a little too thin IMO. Probably his age and diet also though. I haven't had so little muscle since I was 13...I do not get how guys lose THAT MUCH muscle, he must not have had much base when he started using anabolics. I am only 5ft9.5 and I could not starve myself below 180. In fact I tried when I was 26 and only got down to 185 and looked like I was near death from cancer. No clue how anyone who has trained seriously can get down that low in weight.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
Looks alright - just real lean...
mofo got no lips, he looks like Where's Waldo, with no glasses...odd how some dudes age, like Dennis Newman....

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
mofo got no lips, he looks like Where's Waldo, with no glasses...odd how some dudes age, like Dennis Newman....

...odd the things some guys notice, like Baygbm.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Paris: speaking the truth - 1986
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
bob is not a cat
"Join the finest muscle entertainment site available online today!"

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »
Good post Figo, I'm curious, would you include Labrada on your list as well? Yeah, it's true that Paris had a great classical physique, but his torso was a tad bit too long.
of his day, Lee Labrada was my favorite bber, but unfortunately his height held him back

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
Not nearly as much as you might think.
whats the big secret?

share some shit with us, rory & bob's training & diet, and whats the harm in mentioning hypothetically (supposing they ever chose to do aas), what aas they could've used...

cmon already! ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 03:51:01 AM »
This is the ideal. It should have stopped there. Much better than the chemical look of Bob Paris et al.

vince was the drug/prep guru of his day, thats what he did

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 05:42:13 AM »
Isn't Labrada taller than Benafetto? Also, how about Paul-Jean Guillume? The dude had a great classical physique, plus he was supposedly a lifetime natural.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 05:54:27 AM »
Isn't Labrada taller than Benafetto? Also, how about Paul-Jean Guillume? The dude had a great classical physique, plus he was supposedly a lifetime natural.

Labrada had a perfect build barring height, i think he was more proportionate than Benafetto.

Paul jean had a very good build, wasn't natty.
Trans Milkshake.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »
You know Bob Paris definitely had to be screwed in bbing to retire at 33. I can only imagine, being gay yet portrayed like a ladie's man in the magazines, having to take steroids to put on the required mass to compete. Guy probably HATES bodybuilding now.

You have no idea how much.  He doesn't answer any fitness or bodybuilding related questions under any circumstances because he's more focused nowadays on acting, doing lectures, and writing.  That's why he's so lean for.  He did it intentantly because he only wants serious part and doesn't want to be typecast as a meathead.  He played a recurring character in "Defying Gravity" on ABC but that show was cancelled last year.  I hardly even recognized him.  Recently, he was on Oprah's show.

As far as his comments go...time has proven him correct.  Bodybuilding is no longer on TV with the exception of Craig Titus and movie roles are scarce and paltry.  

A

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:22 AM »

Labrada had a perfect build barring height, i think he was more proportionate than Benafetto.

Paul jean had a very good build, wasn't natty.

I think Benfatto had a better build ,  Labrada's waist was too thick for his height.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 06:58:31 AM »
Also, Benafettos torso was medium-short and not medium-long, like Paris' is. Medium-short torso>Medium-long torso

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 07:49:27 AM »
labrada was great at least one time uncrowned mr o, 1989, and 90 was between ray & labrada, benfatto should've been not lower than 4th, in the espn commentary of that contest zane had lots of praise for francis

labrada 5'4", benfatto 5'6" or 5'7", met benfatto in person last yr, appears 5'7"

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
Bob had one of the most amazing physiques of all time. However he was a deep and troubled young man
For those of you interested, Bobs book ''Gorilla Suit'' is a very insightful look at how he viewed Bodybuilding.

funny, I don't get that from the book.  he was no more troubled than any other gay guy growing up in the midwest in the 70s.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
I think Benfatto had a better build ,  Labrada's waist was too thick for his height.

True. Didn't have the smallest waist which was a weak point but very balanced regardless.
Trans Milkshake.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »

Bob Paris is my favorite bodybuilder (after Arnold).... 

And yes reading his book you do get a sense that things were not how he wanted them to be...

He had a lot of beef with Weider and with the growing abuse of Steroids in the sport.... Plus he got so into the lifestyle and was travelling soooo much for appearances and started drinking a lot.  I love in his book the part he talks with that hair stylist on the plane while he was wasted! lol

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »

And yes reading his book you do get a sense that things were not how he wanted them to be...

He had a lot of beef with Weider and with the growing abuse of Steroids in the sport.... Plus he got so into the lifestyle and was travelling soooo much for appearances and started drinking a lot.  I love in his book the part he talks with that hair stylist on the plane while he was wasted! lol
is that Gorilla Suit?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:03 AM »

Sounds cool actually. Post up some stories.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 01:36:56 AM »
Sounds cool actually. Post up some stories.

X2
Thunderdome approved

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
funny, I don't get that from the book.  he was no more troubled than any other gay guy growing up in the midwest in the 70s.

Bob thought about and came close to committing suicide more than once during his teenage years and never ever came to terms with the amount of chemicals it took to get to the top of the tree.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
Bob thought about and came close to committing suicide more than once during his teenage years and never ever came to terms with the amount of chemicals it took to get to the top of the tree.

Seems like the ole "blame the parents mentality". Its like an antisemitic trying to be an actor in Hollywood without realizing Hollywood is run by the Jews.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
Bob never ever came to terms with the amount of chemicals it took to get to the top of the tree.

from what I gathered reading "beyond built" many yrs ago, bob was taking aas long before his mr america win, I dont think he had too much issues with drugs, maybe the judging direction, or issues with weider, this is the usual thing with the retired guys, badmouthing the current crop, and being hypocrites.

maybe Im wrong, maybe someone on this board that trained with bob and rory can enlighten us ???

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2011, 12:21:36 AM »
from what I gathered reading "beyond built" many yrs ago, bob was taking aas long before his mr america win, I dont think he had too much issues with drugs, maybe the judging direction, or issues with weider, this is the usual thing with the retired guys, badmouthing the current crop, and being hypocrites.

maybe Im wrong, maybe someone on this board that trained with bob and rory can enlighten us ???

In that book does he mention which aas he was mostly using?
Thunderdome approved

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2011, 12:55:53 AM »
In that book does he mention which aas he was mostly using?
no, its still a subject skimmed through very lightly, even though to anyone in the know, reality is, its very important to any success

one of those guides to the bbing lifestyle ala weider fairytales, well-written, but unrealistic, if you get my point