Author Topic: Cold feeling during/after eating a meal.  (Read 9775 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Cold feeling during/after eating a meal.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
you say "lately" so I'm unsure if it is a blood pressure issue .. I am leaning more towards a thyroid issue because "lately" infers it's not been any issue before .. but .. your posting of your low blood pressure results indicate you are most likely feeling cold due to the result of digestion energy that pulls blood from our extremities .. the low blood pressure isn't necessesarily a problem for everyone .. some people have low blood pressure and are fine .. as long as it's not affecting you in other ways  .. ie: dizziness upon standing , light headedness , feeling faint etc.

Unlike high blood pressure, low blood pressure is defined primarily by signs and symptoms of low blood flow and not by a specific blood pressure number. Some individuals routinely may have blood pressures of 90/50 with no symptoms and therefore do not have low blood pressure. However, others who normally have higher blood pressures may develop symptoms of low blood pressure if their blood pressure drops to 100/60.

If your physician wasn't concerned over your low readings then he must know your history and doesn't see a problem there.

Thanks...

As for thyroid...I did bloodwork couple months ago. T3 levels were in the normal range...exactly in the base. It was 8.0 to something and mine was 8.34.

Now, Im more concened about TSH hormone, which directly relates to T3 ... I was out of range and high.

w8m8

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 06:24:11 AM »
Thanks...

As for thyroid...I did bloodwork couple months ago. T3 levels were in the normal range...exactly in the base. It was 8.0 to something and mine was 8.34.

Now, Im more concened about TSH hormone, which directly relates to T3 ... I was out of range and high.

http://www.altsupportthyroid.org/tsh.php

TSH stands for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. The TSH test is the main one that doctors use to diagnose hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, so it's an important test to understand.

TSH is a pituitary hormone, not a thyroid hormone. Its job is to stimulate the thyroid to produce more thyroid hormone, so a high TSH level usually indicates that your body isn't getting enough thyroid hormone. This condition is hypothyroidism. A too-low TSH level usually indicates the opposite, or hyperthyroidism.

The main problem with the TSH test is that the reference range for it is too wide at most labs. The upper end of the range at some labs goes as high as 6, but according to the hundreds of references that we've compiled, symptoms of hypothyroidism accompanied by a TSH level over 2, sometimes lower, are suspect. Whenever you get lab tests, ask for a copy of the results. Don't just let someone tell you that your TSH level is "normal."

Another problem with going by TSH levels is that because TSH is a pituitary hormone, sometimes it doesn't tell the thyroid story. If there's a problem with the pituitary gland, or the hypothalamus (which controls the pituitary), TSH could be at an optimal level, but your actual thyroid hormones (T4 and T3) could be too low, or too high. Using the TSH test to check for thyroid problems in this situation is like looking at the thermostat to check the temperature of a house when the thermostat itself is broken.

http://www.altsupportthyroid.org/function.php

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
The pituitary is an endocrine gland located at the base of the brain. It is exquisitely sensitive to the thyroid hormone levels in the blood. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), a pituitary hormone, stimulates all aspects of thyroid function from synthesizing thyroid hormones to releasing them into the bloodstream. When the thyroid hormone level drops, the pituitary produces and releases more TSH. The thyroid releases more T4 and T3 into the bloodstream in response. As the thyroid hormone levels rise, the pituitary reduces or shuts off TSH. This feedback mechanism keeps the level of thyroid hormones in a fairly constant range with a normally-functioning thyroid.

A high TSH level should indicate low thyroid hormone levels, and a low TSH level should indicate optimum or high thyroid hormone levels. However, although TSH is part of the endocrine system, it is not a thyroid hormone. Precisely what TSH level indicates in each body that it isn't getting enough thyroid hormone? What if the thyroid is producing enough T4, but the body isn't converting enough of that T4 to T3? Why assume that the pituitary and the hypothalamus, which controls the pituitary, are functioning optimally when another part of the endocrine system isn't? If they're malfunctioning, the feedback mechanism can't work.

The medical establishment decided in about 1974 that the TSH test was the test to diagnose hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, and to determine the amount of medication needed. This was apparently done without any testing to see if TSH lab test results correlated with symptoms. In fact, diagnosing according to symptoms was put aside in favour of getting a diagnosis from a lab.

In addition to the well-documented problems with the lab ranges with this test, the TSH level is simply not a reliable indicator of thyroid function for many people.

Good luck to you , hope things all get righted  :)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 06:28:32 AM »
Thanks...I will do some bloodwork again.