Author Topic: Davies kicked of BYU basketball team for getting his girlfriend pregnant  (Read 5632 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Good points.  bang 5 wives in the ass and you're a hero.  Have sex with someone you love and boom, suspension.  Crazy.

Polygamy isn't officially sanctioned by the LDS (anymore, at least), but Mormonism has several fringe offshoots and movements that still support polygamy. Basically, people that aren't happy with the fact that the LDS doesn't still condone polygamy leave and start their own branches of the faith. ;)
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
The interesting thing is if he married her and 5 other women, he would have been given a key to the city

Glad to see everyone else has reached a consensus.

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to believe that when you have a religion drilled into your brain from the age of 0 and "choosing" to leave that religion would entail disassociating yourself from your family and everyone you've ever known, then continuing that path at age 17 is not a completely  "voluntary" choice.

And in my mind, 17-21 year olds shouldn't have their lives thrown upside down because they choose not to follow a set of questionable religious precepts that have been imposed on them since birth. I think such penalties are draconian, "voluntary" choices involved or not.

But hey, people are entitled to different opinions right? That's why pluralism is so great!
D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
There was one other player several years ago named Jenkins (later played for the Chargers) who was kicked out of the school.  The joke was that "he must have phukked a white girl."  

I believe like most here have posted, that Bring'Em Young sucks ass, but they are at least very up-front about their rules.  I don't agree with the argument that people don't have choices because stuff is "drilled into them."  Even if that were true, to my knowledge a good deal of Bring'Em Young's "student-athletes" are not affiliated with LDS so they attend for reasons other than being psychologically imprisoned by tyrannical parents or caregivers.
~