Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
February 11, 2016, 12:29:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 20972 times)
Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »

Cornell University Kicks Jesse Watters Off Campus for Asking About Liberal Bias
Published October 26, 2015

Fox Nation:

Jesse Watters crashed Cornell University to test students on their liberal “indoctrination” after a report claimed that 96 percent of Cornell professors donated to Democrats. However, in the middle of the regular “Watters’ World” questioning, Jesse was kicked off the campus because Cornell media relations had not grant him permission to interview students.

“We ask that you don’t interview students on campus,” Melissa Osgood, Cornell’s deputy director of media relations said.

“Cornell doesn’t have a problem with Fox News, does it?” Watters asked.

“Absolutely not,” Osgood said.

After Watters asked repeatedly, even the senior director of Cornell media relations would not budge, saying that Fox News could not interview students “on campus” and that he would send Watters a statement.

Still, before Watters' ejection, he did get some questions in to some students.

Jesse: What’s the vibe on campus?

“A very diverse campus – a bunch of different people from a bunch of different backgrounds.”

Jesse: It’s not that diverse, because according to this report, 96 percent of the donations from faculty here went to Democrats.

“What’s wrong with that?”

Jesse: Do you ever feel the professors are pushing a political agenda here?

“I’ve got friends who are liberal arts majors –  they write a paper and they bring up a conservative viewpoint, they won’t get a good grade.”

“If I want an A, I tailor my paper to how the professor leans.”

Jesse: 95 percent is kinda high.

“It’s really high.”

Jesse: Your brain is a sponge right now, and I’m worried that these teachers are starting to have a chilling effect.

“Uh…”

Jesse: I’m going to give you a test to see if you’ve been indoctrinated and how bad it is. Do you think we should build a wall on the Southern border to protect against the illegal alien invasion?

[laughter]

“The invasion…”

“Make it out of ice.”

Jesse: That’s not very smart from a Cornell student.

“Well, it’s because I’m indoctrinated, so I know nothing.”

Jesse: So you’d be okay with Guatemalans coming into your dorm room and sleeping on your floor?

“Okay, no.”

Jesse: What is the national debt right now?

“200 million.”

Jesse: 18 Trillion. Professors aren’t tell you the truth.

“Maybe not.”

Jesse: What do you think about Hillary Clinton?

“After the whole email scandal, I’ve lost a lot of trust in her.”

Jesse: Do you trust Hillary?

“Yes.”

Jesse: Then why did she lie about the Benghazi attacks being about a video when she knew it was about a terrorist attack?

“Huh…”

“I don’t think that she was lying at all to the American public.”

Jesse: Sanders – you feelin’ the Bern?

“I feel like Hillary will give him the burn.”

O’Reilly’s Take:

O'Reilly: "They hated you."

Jesse: They did.

O'Reilly: "There's no doubt about it. Did the guy tell you why you couldn't shoot?"

Jesse: Finally I got a statement. It didn't say why I couldn't shoot, it just says Cornell does not consider a person's political stance in its hiring practices.

O'Reilly: "You didn't ask them anything about that."

Jesse: Maybe they should if 96% are Democrats.

O'Reilly: "Don't they know they looked 18 times worse not having you question?"

Jesse: Maybe after they hire some conservative professors, they can hire a new PR team.

O'Reilly: "They told me the real reason they didn't want you on campus."

Jesse: What was that?

O'Reilly: "You had mittens...That offended almost everybody."

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/10/26/cornell-university-kicks-jesse-watters-campus-asking-about-liberal-bias

Do you even read the crap that you post

first paragraph

Jesse Watters crashed Cornell University to test students on their liberal “indoctrination” after a report claimed that 96 percent of Cornell professors donated to Democrats. However, in the middle of the regular “Watters’ World” questioning, Jesse was kicked off the campus because Cornell media relations had not grant him permission to interview students.

Cornell is a private university and they can kick anyone off campus if they want to, especially some douchebag reporter

I'm sure private fundie univerities would have no problem kicking out almost anyone who asked questions about their idiotic religious beliefs or bigotry and I'm sure you'd be in total support of that
Report to moderator   Logged
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »

MISSOURI: PROFESSORS AGAINST PRESS FREEDOM
WENDY KAMINER
WRITER AND LAWYER
How fortysomething academics inflame campus witch-hunts.
12 NOVEMBER 2015

There they go again’, may be all we can add these days when students shut down or shout down viewpoints that violate the imagined right of favoured groups to feel ‘safe’, ‘comfortable’ and ‘unoffended’. Protests about allegedly offensive speech and speakers occur at least once a week, targeting with increasing aggressiveness even mild disagreements with campus orthodoxies.

The latest high-profile protests erupted at Yale University. They were sparked by a fraternity’s alleged racially discriminatory actions but exploded over instances of unwelcome speech, when the associate house master of Silliman College, Erika Christakis, questioned the wisdom and necessity of cautionary notes about offensive Halloween costumes. Further outraged by the failure of Christakis and her husband, house master Nicholas Christakis, to apologise for their divergent defences of free speech, students demanded their resignations. ‘I don’t want to debate. I want to talk about my pain… Christakis needs to stop instigating more debate’, one student succinctly explained in an op-ed that appeared briefly in the Yale Herald.

When students at one of the United States’ most prestigious universities throw tantrums in reaction to a call for debate, free-speech advocates who have long warned of the dangers posed by campus civility codes may be tempted simply to respond, ‘We rest our case’.

But silence in the face of censorship isn’t an option. At the very least, speech-policing must be chronicled. Consider recent efforts to bar journalists from covering a protest at the University of Missouri, as reported by the New York Times:

‘Tim Tai, a student photographer on freelance assignment for ESPN, was trying to take photos of a small tent city that protesters had created on a campus quad… Protesters blocked Mr Tai’s view and argued with him, eventually pushing him away. At one point, they chanted, “Hey hey, ho ho, reporters have got to go”.’

‘I am documenting this for a national news organisation’, Mr Tai told the protesters, adding that ‘the First Amendment protects your right to be here and mine’. The protesters accused him of acting unethically and disregarding their requests for privacy.

Student hostility toward freedom of the press is, by now, routine and predictable. But it also infects some faculty members, partly because campus rules treating offensive speech as an actual civil-rights violation date back some 20 years. Students educated under early speech-code regimes are now in or entering their 40s. Those who stayed in academia are sometimes as censorious as their students.

So, University of Missouri protesters intent on forcibly barring press coverage were joined by a faculty member, Melissa Click, who, according to the New York Times, ‘appeared to grab’ at the camera of another photographer and yelled, ‘Who wants to help me get this reporter out of here? I need some muscle over here.’

Click teaches mass media. Her research focuses on ‘popular-culture texts and audiences, particularly texts and audiences disdained in mainstream culture’, according to her staff-profile page. ‘Her work in this area is guided by audience studies, theories of gender and sexuality, and media literacy.’ You might think that media literacy would require some study of press freedom. But the aptly named Professor Click’s current research includes studies of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey readers’ and ‘the impact of social media in fans’ relationship with Lady Gaga’.

What more can you say when confronted with media experts who oppose the freedoms on which media rely? If student and faculty censors aim to leave me speechless, they’re beginning to succeed.

Wendy Kaminer is an author, lawyer, and civil libertarian.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/missouri-professors-against-press-freedom/17622#.VkYXHdCRqng
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »

Yale graduates are some of the most violent and dishonest liberals the country has seen. 

Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:24 AM »

Prof Bans Students From Saying ‘Husband’ Or ‘Wife’ Because It’s Not ‘Inclusive’
PETER HASSON
02/05/2016

In just the latest instance of taxpayer-funded censorship, students in one University of Florida course have been banned from using words such as “husband,” “wife,” “mom,” or dad” in the classroom and risk losing points off their grade if they don’t comply.

In the syllabus for her “Creativity In Context” class — a required course for any student pursuing a minor in Innovation — UF professor Jennifer Lee informs students of her four paragraph long classroom “communications policy” that she says will enforce “ethical conduct” in the classroom.

“The following policies and guidelines will be followed in this course,” the policy begins, followed by a bullet point instructing students to “Use inclusive language.” The policy mandates that students “[ s]peak in a way that does not make assumptions about others based on “norms”, stereotypes, or one’s own identity or experience.”

The syllabus explains that this means replacing the words “boyfriend”/”girlfriend” with the more inclusive “partner” or “significant other.” The rule applies to conversations about married couples too: saying “husband” or “wife” is forbidden. Even the words “mom” and “dad” have a more “inclusive” alternative — students are told to use the word ‘family” instead.

By using the new words, Lee explains, students will be using speech that “is inclusive of alternative orientations and family structures, and free of stereotypes.”

Students are also required to comply with professor Lee’s “safe education environment policy” — distinct from her “communications policy” — which warns students that “any behavior or language that makes others feel unsafe or unwelcome in this classroom can and will not be tolerated.” Lee openly acknowledges that this no-tolerance policy covers “interrupting or ignoring others.”

Lee’s exhaustive policies aren’t just meaningless words, either. She warns that “Students who do not meet conduct expectations will be given one warning by electronic mail, and continued behavior issues will result in the loss participation points per course instructor’s discretion.” She did not reply to The Daily Caller’s request for comment.

Ari Cohn, a lawyer with the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told TheDC that the policies are “likely to chill classroom discussion to the detriment of all.” He went on to say that Lee’s “inclusive language” policy presents “a veritable minefield through which students must tip-toe when they wish to participate in class. Faced with the possibility of a lower grade, students are likely to refrain from providing their input for fear that the professor or a classmate will be offended by something that they say, no matter how unreasonably.”

Cohn noted, “Generally, professors have the discretion, and the right—consistent with principles of academic freedom—to conduct their classrooms as they see fit. However, faculty members must be careful not to infringe on the rights of their students to freedom of expression, and freedom of conscience.”

Lee isn’t the first professor to face public scrutiny for banning words inside the classroom. Just last fall, multiple professors at Washington State University threatened students with bad grades if they used “oppressive and hateful language” such as “illegal alien,” “male,” or “female,” in the classroom. After public backlash, the school walked back the language mandates.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/05/prof-bans-students-from-saying-husband-or-wife-because-its-not-inclusive/#ixzz3zh8RyIN7
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!