Author Topic: My 3 phase project  (Read 181604 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: My 3 phase project
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »
Well, hopefully I get this fit trainer job, and if I do then I will be able to train at a real gym. But it won't change the fact that I keep my focus on creating bigger arms and delts, while maintaining leg and back size. Basically what this gym would do is give me a greater selection of arm and delt exercises to choose from (mainly tri exercises) because in my opinion DB Concentration Curls are the absolute best bicep exercise, coz there is no delt involvement within this lift. It isolates the biceps nearly perfectly.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2011, 10:58:32 PM »
Yes, I do believe that it's possible to "spot gain". Remember, I'm not interested in being a "big guy" I want to be a "conditioned guy" 165 to 170 TOPS, but at 6-7% I do weigh 167 now, but I'm around 11-12% so technically that would be about 7 pound of lean muscle tissue, and yes I firmly believe that I can put nearly all of it on my arms and delts. Also, it's not like my legs are tiny. In fact they measure 24 inches at the top of the thigh.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:24 PM »
Sigh, I didn't ask if you think it's possible to spot gain, I asked if you know anyone who has followed this absurd program you've come up with and had any modicum of success.  Seems like you've already rebooted it once.

But keep wasting your time experimenting if you wish.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
No I haven't known anybody who followed this exact program I'm following. But what I can say with absolute certainty is that EVERYTIME I increased my training loads my muscles ALWAYS got bigger. And volume training NEVER did jack shit for me, as I just got smaller, weaker, and flatter doing volume training. Honestly my best and fastest result came from a HIT style cycle training style, but it just isn't a practical style of training. Here is a pec one that gave me great results: first Incline DB Press til failure, plus 2 to 4 forced reps, and then immediately after the press pec-deck til failure plus 2 to 4 forced reps, and then lastly dip til total failure, both postive and negative failure. And I did this cycle only 1 time through each chest workout. Now that is hard training! But the problem is that you need an expert partner/trainer to push you through a training cycle like that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »
P.S. My grandmother used to sing a little tune to me when I was a child, as I would babble on about myself. This tune went like this "I love me, I love me so, I took myself to the picture show" ROFL!

Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy

Children's Song

First Verse:
I love myself, I love me so,
I took myself to the picture show,
I put my arms around my waist,
I got so fresh I slapped my face.

Chorus:
Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy
Boom, boom ain't it great to be nuts like me,
Silly and foolish all day long,
Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2011, 03:49:18 AM »
Alright, I'm convinced. dj181 is a troll.
from incomplete data

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2011, 04:01:06 AM »
Define troll? Do you mean that those pics aren't really me and that they aren't current, or do you think that I'm pulling your leg as to how I really train and diet? Again, I don't follow Mentzer or AJ's training protocol to a tee, I just pick and choose the elements of their theories that worked for me.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Here is a excerpt from my personal CV, I'm sure dat you fellas are gonna love this ROFL!!!!

SPECIAL SKILLS

Conceptualization: Designed individual fitness programs for adults

Organization: Organized, managed and taught fitness seminars

Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills

Research: Extensive self-experimentation, record keeping, reading on topic,

and consulting with experts in the fitness field

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
What a pansy ass workout.....no compound movements at all.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
What a pansy ass workout.....no compound movements at all.

I do compound moves (rows, squats, push-ups), but I only do them once a week, and only for maintaince purposes, which means using the same weight for the same same reps ie. not progressively overloading them.

But.... I am PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOADING, my delt and arm exercises, hence they WILL GET LARGER AND THICKER FACT 8)

"When the Jazzman's signifyin'
And the band is windin' low
It's the late night side of morning
In the darkness of his soul
He can fill a room with sadness
As he fills his horn with tears"

"I'm in trouble
Cause you're a rambler and a gambler
And a sweet-talking-ladies man
And you love your lovin'
But not like you love your freedom"

3 lovely and soulful Jewesses FACT :P

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2011, 05:03:26 AM »
Yesterday when I hit Delts, I added a rep on each exercise, and today when I hit da con curls I also added a rep :) I'm being a pussy about the running thing, but I will get it into gear sooner or later.

"I can hear windmills and rainbows
Whenever you're talkin' to me
I feel like swirling and dancin'
Whenever you're walking with me
You ripple like a river when I touch you
When I pluck your body like a string"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
Just finished da Tri Extensions, are they went up a rep :)

A very gorgeous and very soulful Jewess right here :P

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2011, 03:51:22 AM »
Just finished da Tri Extensions, are they went up a rep :)

A very gorgeous and very soulful Jewess right here :P
Progress is progress. Nice chin on Carly I always like a chick with a sharp chin.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »
I've finally figured out how to go about ma hard aerobic training. I live in an 8 story flat building, so I've decided to make my aerobic training stair climbing. It's hard enough coz it keeps my breathing elevated at a good pace, not to mention dat it really trains the legs ;D I will take 2 steps at a time on the way up, and I'll do this nearly every single day for a 15 to 20 min clip at a time.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
Holy shit! I'm getting leaner by the day from this stair climbing, skin is getting thinner and thinner each and every day FACT ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
I've finally figured out how to go about ma hard aerobic training. I live in an 8 story flat building, so I've decided to make my aerobic training stair climbing. It's hard enough coz it keeps my breathing elevated at a good pace, not to mention dat it really trains the legs ;D I will take 2 steps at a time on the way up, and I'll do this nearly every single day for a 15 to 20 min clip at a time.
cool. Thats a great alternative way of cardio..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2011, 02:30:10 AM »
cool. Thats a great alternative way of cardio..

True dat! And as I said before, I'm finally "remembering" just what it takes to stay conditoned year-round, and it takes 2 majors things.

1. Some form on training nearly every single day (weight training and/or hard aerobic training, which should be done in the AT style). Also, keeping the training hard, but brief, not more than 15 minutes of total work time. When I say 15 minutes of total work time, I'm talking about time spent in hard training ie. work sets, and not including warm-up and rest time btw sets.

2. Not OVER-EATING!!!!!! You can eat crappy food (pizzas, french fries, chocolate cakes) just don't eat too much of them ;)

And I dedicate this song to my "remembering"  8)

"Understand The Voice within.
And feel a change already beginning"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:34 AM »
In less than 2 weeks I'll post up some update pics. I predict that I'll be around 160 @ sub-8 with 15 inch conditioned arms, but we will see.... I wonder what would happen if I actually trained my torso and legs like I train my arms? Could I surpass gh15's natural "conditioned" limit of 172 @ 6%? Probably not....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
This fella taught me quite alot about training, now it's bout time for me to "remember" what he taught me 8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
I will be finish this 3 Phase Project by the end of July or August, and by then I plan to be sitting at roughly 165 sub-8 with ligit 16 inch "conditioned" arms. Come May 27th or May 28th I'll post some more update pics, and in these update pics I will be sitting @ sub-8, although I ain't sure exactly what I'll be weighing, but it don't matter none, coz once I go back to eating normal the muscle will come right back on FACT ;D As I said before, I can eat more normal, but just don't over-eat and keep active with steady daily training. This will allow me to gain muscle without gaining fat.

1. Eating more, but not too much

2. Staying active with daily or nearly daily hard short training

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
"I did get stronger on the machines, but gained no muscle at all" Oh Shit! That's a direct quote from Boyer Coe talking about his HIT training experience with AJ :-X As I've "remembered" more of what it actually took to get into condition and what worked best for me, I have revised my training to follow much more of a Blakely-style than an AJ/Mentzer-style.

Blakely's bread and butter protocol was 4*6, with each of these 4 sets being "work sets" with the same weight being used for each set, and then once 4 sets of 6 reps were completed increase the weight used for the next workout. So here is my new plan, and it is a 4-way split:

Day 1: 1. DB Row 4*6
          2. Bent Lateral 3*8

Day 2: 1. Dip 4*6
          2. Side Raise 3*8

Day 3: 1. DB Con Curl 4*6

Day 4: 1. DB Overhead Tri Ext 4*6

I will still continue to just "maintain" the dips and rows, by using the same weight for 4 sets of 6 reps, but I will try like hell to get the arm weights up. Remember, right now I'm attempting to "spot gain" ;)

"You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.
You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,
You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.
And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,
You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

Day 1: 1. DB Row 4*6
          2. Bent Lateral 3*8

Day 2: 1. Dip 4*6
          2. Side Raise 3*8

Day 3: 1. DB Con Curl 4*6

Day 4: 1. DB Overhead Tri Ext 4*6

FatPanda.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2011, 12:00:23 AM »
I'm just trying to find the balance btw "undertraining" and "overtraining" and since I'm on lo-cals I have to cut down the volume a bit. Once I can get my cals back to normal then it will start going much, much better ;D I just gotta make sure that I don't over-eat, that will be KEY.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
You are doing six exercises in four days.  I don't think overtraining is going to be a problem.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »
You are doing six exercises in four days.  I don't think overtraining is going to be a problem.
I don't think muscle will be a problem either.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!