Author Topic: Arnold Classic - Branch's win re Ifbb judging (serious discussion)  (Read 13688 times)

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
$

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Branch's ARNOLD win. Ifbb judging (serious discussion)
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
I don't get why people whine about Branch? Dude has a pretty tight midsection, is one of the few pros to look real good in a ab and thigh pose, he has huge calves, which most of the others lack and a really thick torso

So what is your beef with him really? That he is short, bald and ugly? LOL what has that got to do with bodybuilding?

Wolf has no calves which mess up his whole flow badly especially with his big quads, hams are lacking, lats are lacking thickness

Even with Branchs messed up oily arms he has less flaws than Wolf, I mean come on Wolfs arms are are not really all that good either, they are big but don't exactly have the best shape

Youre blind

And the "Wolf has a shitty back" thing is old tired and untrue.

He has vastly improved the thickness in his lower back....he had the best lumbars on stage...and his back was ALWAYS wide as fuck. His back looks great to me.

And it was wider and more detailed than Warrens....look at any picture from the show.

BUT.....that's the innate retardedness of BBing....now it doesn't matter how his back actually looks...he's got a "weak back"    ::)

Calves aren't that great....but I think branches arms should be marked down a helluva lot more than Wollfs calves.....they are disgusting and obviously loaded with oil. And Arms are a MAJOR bodypart.

I don't see where Branch was any more conditioned than Wolf or Centopani. ...he looks bloofy and waterlogged

Wolfs structure and appearance and qaulity of muscle FUCKING destroy the Elf.....

.And I can hear it now "well THE JUDGES" thought branch was better so STFU...

I could give a crap what the judges think...they have been getting it wrong more often than right since day one

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

Youre blind

And the "Wolf has a shitty back" thing is old tired and untrue.

He has vastly improved the thickness in his lower back....he had the best lumbars on stage...and his back was ALWAYS wide as fuck. His back looks great to me.

And it was wider and more detailed than Warrens....look at any picture from the show.

BUT.....that's the innate retardedness of BBing....now it doesn't matter how his back actually looks...he's got a "weak back"    ::)

Calves aren't that great....but I think branches arms should be marked down a helluva lot more than Wollfs calves.....they are disgusting and obviously loaded with oil. And Arms are a MAJOR bodypart.

I don't see where Branch was any more conditioned than Wolf or Centopani. ...he looks bloofy and waterlogged

Wolfs structure and appearance and qaulity of muscle FUCKING destroy the Elf.....

.And I can hear it now "well THE JUDGES" thought branch was better so STFU...

I could give a crap what the judges think...they have been getting it wrong more often than right since day one

this.
branch overall shape looks horrilbe from EVERY angle....
horrible muscle shape...
on the judges current way of thing markus rhul should have a few sandows and kovacs
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold Classic - Branch's win re Ifbb judging (serious discussion)
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »
branch has a good colour
wolf still looks better in that shot
.... wide waiste on branch
he just looks horrible..
choice is an illusion

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: Branches win yesterday. Ifbb judging (serious discussion)
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
I don't think that's the reason Phil is sitting the Arnold out , I think it's because he doesn't want to get burned out on spring shows and give the Olympia 100% effort which he could win especially if Jay comes in less than perfect like 08 , a lot more money to be made being Mr Olympia than just an Arnold classic winner.

also let's not forget that this the winner of the Olympia is not a random occurrence.  The Weiders are in full control and they probably told Phil to stop doing the Arnold and he would be rewarded.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
Honestly look at that picture, zoom in on Wolfs back, you know where the christmas tree is supposed to show so we se the separation between his lats and erector spinae? There is nothing there  ??? Honestly he needs to improve them

Branch is more ripped.

But Wolf is just generally better. Better foundation, better flow, better symetry, no muscle tears, less weak points, less bloating, better abs, better arms......

Branch is just massive and ripped with crazy legs. That's it.

Wolf should have won.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »
Honestly look at that picture, zoom in on Wolfs back, you know where the christmas tree is supposed to show so we se the separation between his lats and erector spinae? There is nothing there  ??? Honestly he needs to improve them

I see clearly defined muscle in that area...and a trim waist.

On Branch I loose skin folding over and a wide waist.  His whole back looks watery and his muscle quality is poor. Just crappy "Mass" that apparently wins contests

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
all shoulders/traps and erector spinae..

I don't see this becoming a top getbig catchphrase

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
Honestly parker I dont know where you come up with some of this..
Kai's last couple outings were not that great.. He really looks like Ronnie's smaller deformed brother.... hes a mess, and his condition is hit or miss, so I dont really think the other guys worry about his conditioning.
And while Phil does come in shape, hes not THAT in shape, he lacks separation in his delts and he looks like an inflated balloon, hes nowhere near as ripped as the guys in the 90's.
Actually, it was something Flex or Shawn had said....depending on who enters the show in terms of top runners, they were the ones who set the tone...just like how Dorian or Ronnie set the tone, so the competition knew that what they had to contend with...
 And Kai has looked freaky at the Arnold the last couple of yrs...
Look at it not as a comparison to the 90's but as a mechanism withing the competition. 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
if Wolf has a shitty back then the emperor has a new set of clothes

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
I don't get why people whine about Branch? Dude has a pretty tight midsection, is one of the few pros to look real good in a ab and thigh pose, he has huge calves, which most of the others lack and a really thick torso

So what is your beef with him really? That he is short, bald and ugly? LOL what has that got to do with bodybuilding?

Wolf has no calves which mess up his whole flow badly especially with his big quads, hams are lacking, lats are lacking thickness

Even with Branchs messed up oily arms he has less flaws than Wolf, I mean come on Wolfs arms are are not really all that good either, they are big but don't exactly have the best shape

+ Liar had the ultimate stubby arms and people loved his, so short arms isn't a good reason.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
Branch has always had a soft back.  It looked like he brought in more back thickness to the Arnold, but ended up even softer, with skin folds in his lower back. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »
bump
choice is an illusion