Author Topic: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson  (Read 10419 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Fedor Considering Move to 205, Willing to Fight Dan Henderson
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
 I just listened to a discussion on the SRN, were the consensus was that Fedor at 205 in the UFC would get murdered.  Mind you, most of these guys are anti-UFC...

Yes, he goes 1-1 on 2 rounds against a well-rounded monster who weights a lean 285 lbs and yet he would get murdered by 205 lbs guys. You guys are fucking geniuses!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
  Yes, he goes 1-1 on 2 rounds against a well-rounded monster who weights a lean 285 lbs and yet he would get murdered by 205 lbs guys. You guys are fucking geniuses!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That 285 lb guy was a 5-1 underdog that was not ranked in ANY top 10 poll at the time.
Fedor also got submitted/humiliated by a guy that weighs about the same as Fedor does.

What's your excuse now?

I agree, Fedor would get destroyed if he fought ANY of the top 10 ranked 205's. 

Face it....Fedor is not really that talented in the modern day MMA Game. He can not change this.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 02:16:12 PM »
Second only to Chael,I see Mousasi matching up really well against Anderson.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 02:56:35 PM »
Second only to Chael,I see Mousasi matching up really well against Anderson.

Mousasi has potential, but he had a good amount of trouble with King Mo and I haven't seen him fight anyone decent since.

I fear Mousasi''s window may be closing on evolving his game enough to compete with the best.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
Fedor got old....He's only 34. His STYLE is what got old.

I can say Fedor was overrated because he dodged the top ranked guys for the past several years.  He knew he would get smashed by the top ranked (UFC) HW's.  His last two losses confirm this.

I enjoy the popularity of MMA/UFC.  If it were kept as cult status, it most likely would have died.

The sport has grown much like the sports in the X games.  They are no longer cult-like.  Most people get past it and enjoy its popularity.  Without it, it wouldn't survive.

34 and been a pro fighter for how many years? i'm sure if he has fights with the brandon vera's of the world he can still come off no worse than randy, infact better than overrated randy

he fought top 10 guys, arlovski was a top 3 fguy and he was scheduled to fight the number 2 guy barnett, you really have no clue

i enjoy cult like status becasue it keeps out the wannabes that think they are experts, going to the gym was so mcuh nicer without seeing the tapout "warriors"

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 03:10:08 PM »
Pride had fixed fights, just like the WWE.  Listen to Bas Ruten's interview on the Rogan podcast.  Enough said.

which fights were fixed and why would Fedor's fights be fixed when many fighters were far more popular?

E
E

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
which fights were fixed and why would Fedor's fights be fixed when many fighters were far more popular?

E

I saw an interview with Bas somewhere where he alluded to a fight being fixed..

don't really know if he was or wasn't implying that there were more that were....

pretty sure he was refering to a fight that was one of those circus acts that pride occasionally had.

Bob Sapp or something..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
I saw an interview with Bas somewhere where he alluded to a fight being fixed..

don't really know if he was or wasn't implying that there were more that were....

pretty sure he was refering to a fight that was one of those circus acts that pride occasionally had.

Bob Sapp or something..

He's gone on record many times and said that many of Pride fights were fixed. He said none of his fights were, but he was told that some of his opponents were asked to take the loss without him knowing.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
34 and been a pro fighter for how many years? i'm sure if he has fights with the brandon vera's of the world he can still come off no worse than randy, infact better than overrated randy

he fought top 10 guys, arlovski was a top 3 fguy and he was scheduled to fight the number 2 guy barnett, you really have no clue

i enjoy cult like status becasue it keeps out the wannabes that think they are experts, going to the gym was so mcuh nicer without seeing the tapout "warriors"

E

Yes, Arlovski was a top 10 Heavyweight. But, was on his way down having been cut by the UFC. Look at his record now.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 06:38:03 AM »

E

Bigfoot was not a top ten guy at the time and he destroyed Fedor. What about Hong Man Choi who only had one MMA fight before Fedor fought him?

What about the 185lbs Lindland who Fedor  struggled with until Fedor cheated and used to roped to save his ass?

This is why I'm saying Fedor loves fighting big names that are on a decline. This is why Fedor fought Sylvia, Arvloski...they still had a "name" but were on a career decline...which was further proven by the fights that followed Fedor.

Why is is that Fedor has dodged Overeem for years?

If you don't like the tapout warriors, maybe you should find a new gym.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »

Bigfoot was not a top ten guy at the time and he destroyed Fedor. What about Hong Man Choi who only had one MMA fight before Fedor fought him?

What about the 185lbs Lindland who Fedor  struggled with until Fedor cheated and used to roped to save his ass?

This is why I'm saying Fedor loves fighting big names that are on a decline. This is why Fedor fought Sylvia, Arvloski...they still had a "name" but were on a career decline...which was further proven by the fights that followed Fedor.

Why is is that Fedor has dodged Overeem for years?

If you don't like the tapout warriors, maybe you should find a new gym.

hong man choi would destroy many fighters, imagine randy trying to wrestle him to the ground or chuck trying to knock him out haha

fedor struggled with lindland? so one takedown is a struggle?  lindland beat rampage if you ask me and he did wrestle in the olympics so nothing to be embarrassed about if he takes you down, i think he weighed about 10 pounds less than fedor

why did overeem deserve a shot after many embarrassing losses?  werdumm beat overeem so he deserved a shot,  barnett was number 2 but he failed his test

every gym has tapout warriors

who beat more quality opponents?

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
hong man choi would destroy many fighters, imagine randy trying to wrestle him to the ground or chuck trying to knock him out haha

fedor struggled with lindland? so one takedown is a struggle?  lindland beat rampage if you ask me and he did wrestle in the olympics so nothing to be embarrassed about if he takes you down, i think he weighed about 10 pounds less than fedor

why did overeem deserve a shot after many embarrassing losses
?  werdumm beat overeem so he deserved a shot,  barnett was number 2 but he failed his test

every gym has tapout warriors

who beat more quality opponents?

E

Fedor has been dodging Overeem for several years, and Overeem holds the belt in Strikeforce!

What's your excuse now?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
Fedor has been dodging Overeem for several years, and Overeem holds the belt in Strikeforce!

What's your excuse now?

wait a minute i thought holding a belt in strokeforce was nothing to brag about

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 07:27:30 PM »
wait a minute i thought holding a belt in strokeforce was nothing to brag about

E

So why is it you think that according to Overeem, while he was champ in Strikeforce, Fedor denied his requests to fight him, TWICE?

Why would Fedor willingly choose to fight a guy that doesn't even have that "coveted" belt?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
  ShitPusher keeps bringing up Silva's ranking as if that were relevant. Who gives a shit? Everyone is unranked at some point. Even Fedor was unranked when he fought in "RINGS" back in 2002.

What matters in this fight is that Fedor held his own against a fighter 57 lbs heavier in lean muscle and 5 years younger and went 1-1 on 2 rounds and lost due to a doctor stoppage and not because he was KOd. That's what matters. Fedor came out a winner in my eyes despite the loss. No other fighter could win a round against an opponent 60 lbs heavier in terms of lean body mass. Only Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
It was kind of crazy to me to see how Henderson was able to pull off that victory with a cocked right hand the whole fight.
  Obvious newb statement,  Dan has fought like that his entire career.  You don't learn that from fight finder sister.
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
  Obvious newb statement,  Dan has fought like that his entire career.  You don't learn that from fight finder sister.

No shit ::)

That style might have worked 10 years ago.  But the game has evolved. The only way that style works today, is against cans.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »

EXACTLY my point!  Dan has  not evolved and with this style he would get humiliated by any real talent.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
 ShitPusher keeps bringing up Silva's ranking as if that were relevant. Who gives a shit? Everyone is unranked at some point. Even Fedor was unranked when he fought in "RINGS" back in 2002.

What matters in this fight is that Fedor held his own against a fighter 57 lbs heavier in lean muscle and 5 years younger and went 1-1 on 2 rounds and lost due to a doctor stoppage and not because he was KOd. That's what matters. Fedor came out a winner in my eyes despite the loss. No other fighter could win a round against an opponent 60 lbs heavier in terms of lean body mass. Only Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Thanks for you opinion...but on record Fedor got humiliated. Dominated. Embarassed and took the loss.
End of story.

BTW...Werdum had no problem handling the weight difference  of Silva did he?
What's your excuse now?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 07:02:51 AM »
No shit ::)

That style might have worked 10 years ago.  But the game has evolved. The only way that style works today, is against cans.

His style is olympic caliber wrestling (when he's not fighting with a back injury) and a Rocky Marciano like path of stance with sick right hands and left hooks. Last time I checked people were winning titles with wrestling alone, how is this style obsolete?  You guys are now calling Dan Henderson a can???  Can your TUF fanboy-itis get any worse???  Dan Henderson is one of those guys that you know what he brings to the table, and yet there is still nothing you can do to avoid being clipped at least once, and you'll have a hard time taking him down when he's healthy.  All I'm seeing here is bitches whining about non-ufc  fighters (again). 

Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
His style is olympic caliber wrestling (when he's not fighting with a back injury) and a Rocky Marciano like path of stance with sick right hands and left hooks. Last time I checked people were winning titles with wrestling alone, how is this style obsolete?  You guys are now calling Dan Henderson a can???  Can your TUF fanboy-itis get any worse???  Dan Henderson is one of those guys that you know what he brings to the table, and yet there is still nothing you can do to avoid being clipped at least once, and you'll have a hard time taking him down when he's healthy.  All I'm seeing here is bitches whining about non-ufc  fighters (again). 

Dan is another dinosaur in this fast evolving sport. He is one dimensional and that will not work against the elite level fighters.

I love how you qualify his greatness with "when he's healthy" ::)
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »

You are right, this style still works when you are fighting second rate competition.  Dan has founf a nice home with Strikeforce. 

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »

The points in this post are excellent. Hendo is years passed his best but he's still winning fights people who dont know him expect him to lose (i.e. the new generation of MMA fans). Hate Bisping all you want, he is a better than average fighter and identified Hendo's "strategy" long before they fought however he was powerless to stop Dan from executing it and leaving him fast asleep. Hes got absolute knockout power, the highest level of wrestling ability and a surprising amount of durability & strength for his size and much like Randy, has not had to adapt his gameplan because it is very effective.

I personally rate Hendo above Randy as a fighter for my own reasons, and i realise that alot of you will be spitting at the screen but that is my choice to make. His record reads like "Hollywood's" walk of fame and nothing / nobody can take that away from him. He competed at the highest level possible at every point through his career and was always a name fighter. Remember not long ago people were rating King Mo as one of the next big names, and Hendo just walked through the man that beat him so the validity of his current reign is still very much warranted. I just cant believe he lost to Rampage and gave himself so willingly to Silva - not that it was a fix but more that he made mistakes he shouldnt have.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
Thanks for you opinion...but on record Fedor got humiliated. Dominated. Embarassed and took the loss.
End of story.

Fedor held his own and even won a round against a 130 kg super-monster who is a well-rounded fighter and lost due to a doctor stoppage and not because he was KOd. To me, this is all that matter. He came out a winner in my eyes.

BTW...Werdum had no problem handling the weight difference  of Silva did he?
What's your excuse now?

Werdum is 6'4 and was over 250 lbs for his fight with Silva. Add to that Werdum is a World-class grappler who can use submissions to win, and there is your answer. Silva is a BJJ black belt, so Fedor's sambo is just not good enough to submit him when you take into account the weight difference.

SUCKMYMUSCLE