Author Topic: Obama: We must seek agreement on gun reforms  (Read 1674 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama: We must seek agreement on gun reforms
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
i'll take a cell phone pic as I vote repub in 2012, no prob man. 

Why does he need new laws to enforce existing laws? 

so less people die from gun violence because shit ain't getting enforced.  He's actually echoing the NRA - enforce the laws we have.  Repbuss freak the fck out whenever obama mentions guns.  He doesn't want to do anything but keep the laws we have - no high cap chance, no loophole clause change.

He's essentially GWB on guns.  And you can't argue otherwise.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »
i'll take a cell phone pic as I vote repub in 2012, no prob man. 

so less people die from gun violence because shit ain't getting enforced.  He's actually echoing the NRA - enforce the laws we have.  Repbuss freak the fck out whenever obama mentions guns.  He doesn't want to do anything but keep the laws we have - no high cap chance, no loophole clause change.

He's essentially GWB on guns.  And you can't argue otherwise.

you didnt answer the question.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
you didnt answer the question.   

Why does he need to enforce current gun laws?

Cause the nat'l database is run state-by-state....... and some states are letting people with arrrests/ mental issues/ restraining orders STILL BUY GUNS.

Move that to national, I don't have a problem with that.  They are letting the loophole remain, so you can still buy 75 guns and bury them and nobody will know.  But it'll stop people from buying them from dealers where there are some cracks in system now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »

Why does he need to enforce current gun laws?

Cause the nat'l database is run state-by-state....... and some states are letting people with arrrests/ mental issues/ restraining orders STILL BUY GUNS.

Move that to national, I don't have a problem with that.  They are letting the loophole remain, so you can still buy 75 guns and bury them and nobody will know.  But it'll stop people from buying them from dealers where there are some cracks in system now.

In other words - you are full of fucking shit and doing anything possible to defend your hero from his bullshit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »
In other words - you are full of fucking shit and doing anything possible to defend your hero from his bullshit. 

???

State by state mgmt of the national database isn't working.  Did you not understand what obama said on the issue?  People can buy guns when they shouldn't be able to, due to differeing standards.

You know your shit on the economy, but I think your response to this issue is more reactionary and emotional than fact-based.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »

That about sums it up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
We can buy high-caps and sell loophole all day, that's safe.  An incentive system to keep laazy states from givving bunk/incomplete data which lets people who shouldnt get guns,  get guns.

Please tell me what yall disagree with here, and why:

• First, we should begin by enforcing laws that are already on the books. The National Instant Criminal Background Check System is the filter that's supposed to stop the wrong people from getting their hands on a
gun. Bipartisan legislation four years ago was supposed to strengthen this system, but it hasn't been properly implemented. It relies on data supplied by states - but that data is often incomplete and inadequate. We
must do better.

• Second, we should in fact reward the states that provide the best data - and therefore do the most to protect our citizens.

• Third, we should make the system faster and nimbler. We should provide an instant, accurate, comprehensive and consistent system for background checks to sellers who want to do the right thing, and make sure that criminals can't escape it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
• Third, we should make the system faster and nimbler. We should provide an instant, accurate, comprehensive and consistent system for background checks to sellers who want to do the right thing, and make sure that criminals can't escape

_______________________-

NICS checks take two minutes at best.   Please - I have bought mny guns and the NICS check was never a problem.  But oh yeah - the criminals in LA, NYC, DC, etc are going to go into a gun store and follow all of this crappola. 

::)  ::)  ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »
???

State by state mgmt of the national database isn't working.  Did you not understand what obama said on the issue?  People can buy guns when they shouldn't be able to, due to differeing standards.

You know your shit on the economy, but I think your response to this issue is more reactionary and emotional than fact-based.

The database never worked, somehow criminals manage to get their hands on guns, and I can guarantee you not all from gun shows. Laws are only for the people that follow the law, thus criminals don't. It's the same stupid shit, keep adding or expanding laws that fuck the people that do the right thing. All the while those who don't play by the rules run ruff shod over the rest of us. Why the fuck do I have to get a FOID card in IL? What good does it do? None, the criminals and gangs aren't getting them but because I play by the rules I do. Why can't I get a CCW in IL? God forbid I would be able to defend my self it the situation arose.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 07:49:42 PM »
Obama Looking For Ways Around Congress On Gun Policy

With Reporting By Lucia Graves

WASHINGTON -- Faced with a Congress hostile to even slight restrictions of Second Amendment rights, the Obama administration is exploring potential changes to gun laws that can be secured strictly through executive action, administration officials say.

The Department of Justice held the first in what is expected to be a series of meetings on Tuesday afternoon with a group of stakeholders in the ongoing gun-policy debates. Before the meeting, officials said part of the discussion was expected to center around the White House's options for shaping policy on its own or through its adjoining agencies and departments -- on issues ranging from beefing up background checks to encouraging better data-sharing.

Administration officials said talk of executive orders or agency action are among a host of options that President Barack Obama and his advisers are considering. “The purpose of these discussions is to be a productive exchange of good ideas from folks across the spectrum,” one official said. “We think that’s a good place to start.”

<snip>

The extent to which Obama can change gun law without the hand of Congress is not, gun control activists say, wholly insignificant. Though they say they'd prefer longer-lasting, broader legislative responses to shootings like that which occurred in Tucson, Ariz., in early January, there are notable gaps that can be filled with presidential action.

With respect to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), a Clinton-era rule had prevented the military from reporting to the Federal Bureau of Investigation that the alleged shooter, Jared Loughner, had been rejected as a recruit for failing a drug test. Obama could reverse that without Congress, Glaze and an administration official said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »
Obama Looking For Ways Around Congress On Gun Policy

With Reporting By Lucia Graves

WASHINGTON -- Faced with a Congress hostile to even slight restrictions of Second Amendment rights, the Obama administration is exploring potential changes to gun laws that can be secured strictly through executive action, administration officials say.

The Department of Justice held the first in what is expected to be a series of meetings on Tuesday afternoon with a group of stakeholders in the ongoing gun-policy debates. Before the meeting, officials said part of the discussion was expected to center around the White House's options for shaping policy on its own or through its adjoining agencies and departments -- on issues ranging from beefing up background checks to encouraging better data-sharing.

Administration officials said talk of executive orders or agency action are among a host of options that President Barack Obama and his advisers are considering. “The purpose of these discussions is to be a productive exchange of good ideas from folks across the spectrum,” one official said. “We think that’s a good place to start.”

<snip>

The extent to which Obama can change gun law without the hand of Congress is not, gun control activists say, wholly insignificant. Though they say they'd prefer longer-lasting, broader legislative responses to shootings like that which occurred in Tucson, Ariz., in early January, there are notable gaps that can be filled with presidential action.

With respect to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), a Clinton-era rule had prevented the military from reporting to the Federal Bureau of Investigation that the alleged shooter, Jared Loughner, had been rejected as a recruit for failing a drug test. Obama could reverse that without Congress, Glaze and an administration official said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws...

Lets see Pistols Check
Shotgun Check
AR15 Check

Guess I'm all set
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
BUMP