Author Topic: My training log-  (Read 8951 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
My training log-
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »
Just getting this started. Will add more later, don't have much to say really. Training is crappy, did shoulders/arms last night with my two buddies. Weights are all down, behind the neck press about 165 for 10 reps were really slow, I could keep the weight moving but no real force behind me. I usually do 185 for 8 no problem, when I was in the gym more consistently it was 225. Getting old sucks, being out of shape sucks. Did three sets then did compound set of side laterals to front raises. Stuck with 25's felt if I went higher I would be swinging. Sets of 15 and 12, 3 of each. Did DB shrugs for 3 sets, didn't go higher than 85's.

Started tri's off with bench dips, I really started feeling good at this point actually. Bench dips take me back- I did them for YEARS and years when I was a kid. When I was 21 I used to go 6 45's on my lap for 8-10 reps, felt great. My arms were never bigger in my life. Last night after not having done them in ages I maxed at 3 plates for like 7 reps and i couldn't keep the weight centered, the plates slid down my right leg and hit my fucking kneecap. Hurt bad! Then did db behind head extensions, 60lbx15, 80x12 90x7. Not sure why I only got 7 on the end there, where is my stamina??? Muscles seem to fatigue really quickly. It's annoying.

Biceps simple and fast routine ez bar preacher curls for 3 sets with a 60lb ez bar, reps were about 15 14 and 8 strangely enough. Once again my muscles just seem to fatigue REALLY fast and abruptly. Then high standing alternate db curls with hard supination, meaning at the top I really rotate my pinky out for a nice contraction. Stuck with 30's for 3 sets of about 12. Very little rest between sets. Finished with 3 sets of reverse ez bar curls for brachialis/forearms, 3 sets with just a 25lb ez bar but high reps around 25. I am noticing my forearms are a bit stronger than my biceps, I may need to experiment the next couple workouts to correct this imbalance. Biceps are small, forearms are big and much stronger. Not good! But I have always fought with this, my tris are always great my bi's are always softer and smaller and my brachialis never pops like it should. Now would be a good time to work on this.

Did some wind sprints after, just 5 sprints at about 8.5mph incline 2.0 did my normal 2 min walk, 50-60 second sprint, 2 min walk etc.

I need to stretch. My knees are hurting a little which means IT band needs to be worked which I HATE doing. If anyone has had issues with their IT bands they know what I am talking about. It's about the most uncomfortable thing you can think of, rolling them out with a rolling pin (like for pizza dough) works best. Probably stuck with a foam roller though. Wanted to hit back today (or legs) but have to be up at 5am to take the train to school (jeep broke down on me leaving me car less). I plan on hitting back or legs tomorrow after class. Will report back. Pics when I get around to it.

MM

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: My training log-
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32:35 AM »
Just getting this started. Will add more later, don't have much to say really....

Training is crappy, did shoulders/arms last night with my two buddies. Weights are all down, behind the neck press about 165 for 10 reps were really slow, I could keep the weight moving but no real force behind me. I usually do 185 for 8 no problem, when I was in the gym more consistently it was 225. Getting old sucks, being out of shape sucks. Did three sets then did compound set of side laterals to front raises. Stuck with 25's felt if I went higher I would be swinging. Sets of 15 and 12, 3 of each. Did DB shrugs for 3 sets, didn't go higher than 85's.

Started tri's off with bench dips, I really started feeling good at this point actually. Bench dips take me back- I did them for YEARS and years when I was a kid. When I was 21 I used to go 6 45's on my lap for 8-10 reps, felt great. My arms were never bigger in my life. Last night after not having done them in ages I maxed at 3 plates for like 7 reps and i couldn't keep the weight centered, the plates slid down my right leg and hit my fucking kneecap. Hurt bad! Then did db behind head extensions, 60lbx15, 80x12 90x7. Not sure why I only got 7 on the end there, where is my stamina??? Muscles seem to fatigue really quickly. It's annoying.

Biceps simple and fast routine ez bar preacher curls for 3 sets with a 60lb ez bar, reps were about 15 14 and 8 strangely enough. Once again my muscles just seem to fatigue REALLY fast and abruptly. Then high standing alternate db curls with hard supination, meaning at the top I really rotate my pinky out for a nice contraction. Stuck with 30's for 3 sets of about 12. Very little rest between sets. Finished with 3 sets of reverse ez bar curls for brachialis/forearms, 3 sets with just a 25lb ez bar but high reps around 25. I am noticing my forearms are a bit stronger than my biceps, I may need to experiment the next couple workouts to correct this imbalance. Biceps are small, forearms are big and much stronger. Not good! But I have always fought with this, my tris are always great my bi's are always softer and smaller and my brachialis never pops like it should. Now would be a good time to work on this.

Did some wind sprints after, just 5 sprints at about 8.5mph incline 2.0 did my normal 2 min walk, 50-60 second sprint, 2 min walk etc.

I need to stretch. My knees are hurting a little which means IT band needs to be worked which I HATE doing. If anyone has had issues with their IT bands they know what I am talking about. It's about the most uncomfortable thing you can think of, rolling them out with a rolling pin (like for pizza dough) works best. Probably stuck with a foam roller though. Wanted to hit back today (or legs) but have to be up at 5am to take the train to school (jeep broke down on me leaving me car less). I plan on hitting back or legs tomorrow after class. Will report back. Pics when I get around to it.

MM

Not mujch to say huh?
sept 10th APF

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
Not mujch to say huh?

From my perspective no. I type between 90-100 WPM faster if I get in a nice rhythm, what I wrote took like than 5 minutes.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
The new Diary of Anne Frank  :D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »
I haven't had much time to update lately. School is kicking my butt. Had a couple good workouts the last few days, diet has sucked pretty bad. Will get more of an update soon, and hopefully some pics. I have now dragged my knuckles into the 21st century and figured out how to text pictures to my gmail. Which means I can actually just take some crappy phone pics and then email and then upload them. Will do...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
Been kicking ass lately, thanks to Coach and Dyslexic todays chest workout was badass! Right pec feeling much stronger, contract/stretching under tension like it should. Arms doing great, will post more but for the time being I am wondering if this is a waste. If anyone actually reads these logs, let me know.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
good luck!
-gene
w