Author Topic: TNA Offers Compensation/Apology to Fans:  (Read 8057 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: TNA Offers Compensation/Apology to Fans:
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
Sure he's unique however i just dont see what others must for him to be #1. He doesnt have "it" to be world champ IMO, horrible choice to put the belt on.
I agree with you totally. But belts now have become a complete joke. Here is a perfect example. The Intercontinental title:

Pat Patterson
Don Muroco
Tito Santana
Greg Valentine
Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Curt Henning
Bret Hart

AND NOW........

Kofi Kingston.....wow.... :-\

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »
I agree with you totally. But belts now have become a complete joke. Here is a perfect example. The Intercontinental title:

Pat Patterson
Don Muroco
Tito Santana
Greg Valentine
Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Curt Henning
Bret Hart

AND NOW........

Kofi Kingston.....wow.... :-\

In all fairness to the situation at hand, the company right now does not have a:
Pat Patterson
Don Muroco
Tito Santana
Greg Valentine
Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Curt Henning
or Bret Hart.

However, that too, is - in certain respects - their fault on several levels.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »

In all fairness to the situation at hand, the company right now does not have a:
Pat Patterson
Don Muroco
Tito Santana
Greg Valentine
Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Curt Henning
or Bret Hart.

However, that too, is - in certain respects - their fault on several levels.
Brutal talant pool right now if you ask and want my honest opinion. Look at the names mentioned above versus now.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
When Flair won the belt for a 7th time, i honestly never thought i would see another man reach that number. Today if you havent won it 8 - 9 times then your an under achiever - the number of times a belt has changed hands is absolutely ridiculous. There is no prestige to holding a title or any kind, can you imagine Rick Rude being asked to drop the U.S. belt - a belt he helped solidify as a major attraction - to one of these ass-clowns so it could be passed from pillar to post?

I personally believe he would smack the taste out of the messengers mouth and tell them to rewrite it according to his take on the matter. God i miss the late 80's - early 90's.

:'(

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
When Flair won the belt for a 7th time, i honestly never thought i would see another man reach that number. Today if you havent won it 8 - 9 times then your an under achiever - the number of times a belt has changed hands is absolutely ridiculous. There is no prestige to holding a title or any kind, can you imagine Rick Rude being asked to drop the U.S. belt - a belt he helped solidify as a major attraction - to one of these ass-clowns so it could be passed from pillar to post?

I personally believe he would smack the taste out of the messengers mouth and tell them to rewrite it according to his take on the matter. God i miss the late 80's - early 90's.

:'(

You and me both.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 03:05:58 AM »
Kudos to TNA for doing something/thinking about the fans.  You know, back during the first Wrestlemania we all had to go to the arena where we would watch it on "Huge, Gigantic" crisp screens.  Well, I remember going into that 17,000 seat arena and looking at two screens a little smaller than a movie theater. They only had two and had to move people to the sides of the arena.  Very disapointed as many were. 

Just me complaining...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »
Kudos to TNA for doing something/thinking about the fans.  You know, back during the first Wrestlemania we all had to go to the arena where we would watch it on "Huge, Gigantic" crisp screens.  Well, I remember going into that 17,000 seat arena and looking at two screens a little smaller than a movie theater. They only had two and had to move people to the sides of the arena.  Very disapointed as many were. 

Just me complaining...

During the inaugural WM, something went wrong with the closed-circuit broadcast, and many locations in my area temporarily could not receive the signal.
People were so pissed that they actually began "mild" rioting in some places until the problem was fixed.

I keep telling you guys: THIS IS VERY SERIOUS SHIT!!
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »

During the inaugural WM, something went wrong with the closed-circuit broadcast, and many locations in my area temporarily could not receive the signal.
People were so pissed that they actually began "mild" rioting in some places until the problem was fixed.

I keep telling you guys: THIS IS VERY SERIOUS SHIT!!
 ;D
Lol....I can believe it. When you shell out 60 bucks to watch a PPV you expect to be able to watch it.