Author Topic: Arthur Jones on Letterman  (Read 4487 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Arthur Jones on Letterman
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 06:53:30 AM »
I have a really stupid theory that goes like this. Basically, in your first year or so you gain the most muscle, but because you arn't experienced you cannot put the same amount of stress on the body that you can in later years. So why not try and keep going like that, why not keep the stress to a minimum, even though you can put much more stress on more easily, keep workouts very short and simple so you can grow.

Might not make sense.
Theory = when you get stronger you make more inroads on your recovery ability hence shorter less frequent workouts - a 120lb guy isnt going to tax his recovery ability as much as a 220lb guy doing twice the poundage.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
Letterman might've been trying to make funny but it was a decent interview considering that show. Jones came across just fine and i have to give credit to Letterman to have someone like this on.

Jones is still one of the top few gurus ever in BB along with Gironda. Weider tried to discredit him in the 70s but it didn't really work. His influence remains thru the Hammer Strength equipment that's in virtually every gym these days, as well as the idea of less frequent workouts that most use now that was considered radical back in the volume days. It's true that most guys don't use HIT because to do it correctly is gruelling and unsatisfying to those who like to spend more time in the gym.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
Letterman might've been trying to make funny but it was a decent interview considering that show. Jones came across just fine and i have to give credit to Letterman to have someone like this on.

Jones is still one of the top 2-3 gurus ever in BB. Hammer Strength that's in virtually every gym these days is due to his influence.
Agreed - The hammer machines are good as well

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
Arthur was a gift to bbing

tyciol

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
Does anyone have an idea when this interview took place? It must have been a long time ago because I think Arthur Jones sold the company in 86. This would have been "Late Night" rather than "Late Show" which we watch now. This started in 82 so we have a 4 year window in which it could have taken place.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »