Author Topic: Obama Urges Hispanics to Punish "Enemies," Vote Democratic.  (Read 10777 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Urges Hispanics to Punish "Enemies," Vote Democratic.
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2010, 09:05:39 AM »
This in itself should be enough ammunition to finish Obama off, my fear is that the Repubs will find a way to screw it up or not use his own words against him. As far as I am concerned the POTUS has declared me his enemy.

I felt like I was his enemy the second he called all gun owners bitter clingers.  

I felt like an enemy to him when he said I dont want to pay taxes to help inner city blacks go to school.  

Remember this one Kazan:  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »
Obama seeks to blunt Republican attack over comment
 6:35pm EDT

________________________ ________________________ _____-

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he should not have used the word "enemies" to describe his political opponents as Republicans sought to make an issue of the comment a day before congressional elections.

Obama, in an interview with talk radio host Michael Baisden, said, "I probably should have used the word 'opponents' instead of enemies."

He was backtracking from a comment he made a week ago in an interview with Univision radio in which he sought to persuade Hispanics to vote for Democratic candidates instead of Republicans.

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of, 'we're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder," Obama had said.

Republicans in hot pursuit of control of the House of Representatives in Tuesday voting were drawing attention to Obama's "enemies" comment in hopes of encouraging more turnout by Republican voters.

Hammering home the issue was John Boehner, the Republican who would oust Democrat Nancy Pelosi as House speaker if Republicans win control of the House on Tuesday as most pollsters believe will happen.

"Today, sadly, we have president who uses the word 'enemy' for fellow Americans ... fellow citizens. He uses it for people who disagree with his agenda of bigger government ... people speaking out for a smaller, more accountable government that respects freedom and allows small businesses to create jobs," Boehner planned to say in Cincinnati.

"Mr. President, there's a word for people who have the audacity to speak up in defense of freedom, the Constitution, and the values of limited government that made our country great. We don't call them 'enemies.' We call them 'patriots,'" he planned to say.

Obama told Baisden that he was talking about opponents of a comprehensive overhaul of the U.S. immigration system. Hispanics have been disappointed that Obama has not pushed ahead on immigration legislation, which Republicans oppose.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Editing by Jackie Frank)

________________________ ________________________ _____________--

Sorry - Bama - we got you the first time. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »
Another "teachable moment", give me a fucking break.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »
Another "teachable moment", give me a fucking break.

;D   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »
I'll give him credit for acknowledging a mistake, something he does not do very often. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »
This dirtbag just can't help himself can he?

________________________ ________________________ ____

Obama rallies minority voters, says Latinos feel ‘under assault’
myfoxorlando.com ^ | Nov. 2, 2010

(NewsCore) - As Americans headed to the polls Tuesday, President Barack Obama told a Nevada radio station that Latinos felt “under assault” by an anti-immigrant sentiment he said was propagated by political campaigns in a state that is home to one of the most closely watched political battles in the nation.

Rallying support behind Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a bid to urge youth and minority voters to head to the polls, Obama told Las Vegas' KVEG-FM that Reid would support the Latino community, which he described as a group with “growing clout.”

“The Latino vote is crucial and obviously, you know, when you look at some of the stuff that's been going on during this election campaign that has tried to fan anti-immigrant sentiment,” Obama said during the KVEG interview. “I note that a lot of Latinos, you know, feel under assault.”

(Excerpt) Read more at myfoxorlando.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »

(NewsCore) - As Americans headed to the polls Tuesday, President Barack Obama told a Nevada radio station that Latinos felt “under assault” by an anti-immigrant sentiment he said was propagated by political campaigns in a state that is home to one of the most closely watched political battles in the nation.

Rallying support behind Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a bid to urge youth and minority voters to head to the polls, Obama told Las Vegas' KVEG-FM that Reid would support the Latino community, which he described as a group with “growing clout.”

“The Latino vote is crucial and obviously, you know, when you look at some of the stuff that's been going on during this election campaign that has tried to fan anti-immigrant sentiment,” Obama said during the KVEG interview. “I note that a lot of Latinos, you know, feel under assault.”

That's pretty bad.  Assumes that all latinos are opposed to the crackdown on illegal immigration.  Pure race baiting. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2010, 05:32:42 PM »

What a bunch of horse shit, I don't know anyone who has a problem with legal immigration. So basically he is saying that it doesn't matter if you are illegal come on in because use Dumasscrats will support you. Excuse me while i go and vomit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:53 PM »
Yeah- opbama the uniter.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
bump.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 05:25:55 AM »
BUMP for blackass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
Just like YOUR BOY Bob Barr who supports it and who you voted for.So your admitting voting for that ass hat makes you an idiot?

BM, I don't regret voting for Barr.   He is a good, good man.

Maybe I'm an idiot for doing so, I dunno.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
So I probably will vote dem. i'd love to see Obama choose a Wes Clark for a running mate, or a Jim Webb, possibly more likely, for strong military and defense credibility.

My whole family - all Republicans - are voting Obama.  i'm driving them to the station later - buying everyone dinner - making it a real family event.

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
Such leadership ... Impressive way to overcome barriers, yes this president doesn't disappoint.  Anyone with any confidence in this guy ?