Author Topic: SUPERMOON On March 19th Heralds In Destruction For Earth  (Read 7946 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
SUPERMOON On March 19th Heralds In Destruction For Earth
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?
SPACE.com

Space.com space.com – Thu Mar 10, 10:15 am ET

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Richard Nolle, a noted astrologer who runs the website astropro.com, has famously termed the upcoming full moon at lunar perigee (the closest approach during its orbit) an "extreme supermoon."

When the moon goes super-extreme, Nolle says, chaos will ensue: Huge storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural disasters can be expected to wreak havoc on Earth. (It should be noted that astrology is not a real science, but merely makes connections between astronomical and mystical events.)

But do we really need to start stocking survival shelters in preparation for the supermoon? [Photos: Our Changing Moon]

The question is not actually so crazy. In fact scientists have studied related scenarios for decades. Even under normal conditions, the moon is close enough to Earth to make its weighty presence felt: It causes the ebb and flow of the ocean tides.

The moon's gravity can even cause small but measurable ebbs and flows in the continents, called "land tides" or "solid Earth tides," too. The tides are greatest during full and new moons, when the sun and moon are aligned either on the same or opposite sides of the Earth.

According to John Vidale, a seismologist at the University of Washington in Seattle and director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, particularly dramatic land and ocean tides do trigger earthquakes. "Both the moon and sun do stress the Earth a tiny bit, and when we look hard we can see a very small increase in tectonic activity when they're aligned," Vidale told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to SPACE.com.

At times of full and new moons, "you see a less-than-1-percent increase in earthquake activity, and a slightly higher response in volcanoes."

The effect of tides on seismic activity is greatest in subduction zones such as the Pacific Northwest, where one tectonic plate is sliding under another. William Wilcock, another seismologist at the University of Washington, explained: "When you have a low tide, there's less water, so the pressure on the seafloor is smaller. That pressure is clamping the fault together, so when it's not there, it makes it easier for the fault to slip."

According to Wilcock, earthquake activity in subduction zones at low tides is 10 percent higher than at other times of the day, but he hasn't observed any correlations between earthquake activity and especially low tides at new and full moons. Vidale has observed only a very small correlation.

What about during a lunar perigee? Can we expect more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions on March 19, when the full moon will be so close?

The moon's gravitational pull at lunarperigee, the scientists say, is not different enough from its pull at other times to significantly change the height of the tides and thus the likelihood of natural disasters. [Infographic:  Phases of the Moon Explained]

"A lot of studies have been done on this kind of thing by USGS scientists and others," John Bellini, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey, told Life's Little Mysteries. "They haven't found anything significant at all."

Vidale concurred. "Practically speaking, you'll never see any effect of lunar perigee," he said. "It's somewhere between 'It has no effect' and 'It's so small you don't see any effect.'"

The bottom line is, the upcoming supermoon won't cause a preponderance of earthquakes, although the idea isn't a crazy one.

"Earthquakes don't respond as much to the tides as you'd think they would. There should actually be more of an effect," said Vidale.

Most natural disasters have nothing to do with the moon at all. The Earth has a lot of pent up energy, and it releases it anytime the buildup gets too great. The supermoon probably won't push it past the tipping point, but we'll know for sure, one way or the other, by March 20.

This story was provided by Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site of SPACE.com.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: SUPERMOON On March 19th Heralds In Destruction For Earth
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:07 AM »
GIANT Earthquake hits Japan and causes massive damage and death...Could this SUPERMOON play a part in this? If this is happening already and we are not even at the March 19th date...what will happen when the 19th arrives. Get your GRAB AND GO BAGS ready

C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:09:41 AM »
Almost looks like the scene in the trailers to the movie 2012

C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:51:44 AM »
Another earthquake has rocked Japan. The first (the 8.9) was in northeast Japan...now another has struck northwestern Japan. Sheesh...Japan might fall into the Pacific Ocean if this keep up.

Magnitude 6.6 earthquake hits northwest Japan: report

Reuters

– 34 mins ago

TOKYO (Reuters) – A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.6 struck northwestern Japan on Saturday after a massive quake hit northeastern Japan, NHK reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110311/ts_nm/us_japan_quake_niigata
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
We will find out tomorrow if any truth is bared in this SUPERMOON theory
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »
No one of substance is paying it any mind other than for trivial pursuit.  

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
No one of substance is paying it any mind other than for trivial pursuit.  

So you clicked on the post for what reason???
C

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
So you're saying that 18 years ago, the moon was just as close if not closer? Yet the world didn't end?

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away.

Whether or not the moon is full has zero bearing on anything.... As the light from the moon is simply reflected from the sun and in this instance the Moon isn't blocked by the earth, so big deal.

What difference does it being full have on anything?

Answer... None.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
So you clicked on the post for what reason???

Because you can't judge a thread by its title.   ;)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
So you're saying that 18 years ago, the moon was just as close if not closer? Yet the world didn't end?

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away.

Whether or not the moon is full has zero bearing on anything.... As the light from the moon is simply reflected from the sun and in this instance the Moon isn't blocked by the earth, so big deal.

What difference does it being full have on anything?

Answer... None.

Correction...I did not make any claims...this is the assumptions of SPACE.COM

Nonetheless time will tell and if nothing else it will make for bad prophecies by Space.com
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »
Bump

A guess we are safe from Space.com fear mongering.   ;D

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »
Bump

A guess we are safe from Space.com fear mongering.   ;D

Try reading the first article again...It was ASTROPRO.COM that made the predictions of cataclysms occurring on the supermoon night...not Space.com

Uh BTW where is that RADIATION YOU WERE LL TALKING ABOUT??? FAILED!!!! You taking you iodine pills?..HAHA...
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
Try reading the first article again...It was ASTROPRO.COM that made the predictions of cataclysms occurring on the supermoon night...not Space.com

Uh BTW where is that RADIATION YOU WERE LL TALKING ABOUT??? FAILED!!!! You taking you iodine pills?..HAHA...

No Sammy,  ::)

As explained on the politics board, there is a difference between fear mongering and being careful.  What you do is fear mongering with many of your posts, what Hugo was doing was being aware.  You naively tried to make it into something which is not, just like you are doing here and it's painfully obvious to anyone who takes the time to read your entertaining drivel.  

Can you just quit it already?  Your gimmick act is as old as dirt.  I really don't care if you are not who everyone thinks you are, it really doesn't matter, but mark my words, at some point here real soon, you will be deemed as a gimmick troll on the politics board and I'll ban you for good.  So you better just wise up skippy or come clean.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
^^^

Counting the days :0

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »

We should still be talking about the radiation, it's not over.  There's nothing wrong with being prepared for the worst and the situation does have the potential of being really bad.  

You on the other hand are a complete joke.  You'll call us out for fearmongering after years of you posting DOOM threads one after the other... LOLOL...

You should have been laughed off the board when you revealed that you believe our founding fathers were canibals lololol...

How do you know it was not true? The vast majority of so called american history IS A LIE or has been distorted to make it palatable to certain ones. Much that has been claimed NOT TRUE in america has turned out to be true. MK Ultra, DARPA, NSA, D.U.M.B.S, War Reasons, Project Montauk, Blue Book, FBI, CIA etc etc etc.. people were ridiculed to hysteria for even suggesting these agencies/things existed in their time, before they finally became publicly known. With former presidents like Washington being tied to the OCCULT, Freemasonry, Luciferian and Satanic worship IT IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE that he/they were into cannibalism as the belief that having sex with a certain person, or drinking their blood or killing a person in a ritualistic way will EMPOWER them from the dark side.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
LOL, PRICELESS... Samson can't even keep track of his own bullshit lol

Correction...I did not make any claims...this is the assumptions of SPACE.COM

Nonetheless time will tell and if nothing else it will make for bad prophecies by Space.com

Bump

A guess we are safe from Space.com fear mongering.   ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 08:19:10 AM »
I think she's on "Gimmick overload"

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:04 AM »
No Sammy,  ::)

As explained on the politics board, there is a difference between fear mongering and being careful.  What you do is fear mongering with many of your posts, what Hugo was doing was being aware.  You naively tried to make it into something which is not, just like you are doing here and it's painfully obvious to anyone who takes the time to read your entertaining drivel.  

Can you just quit it already?  Your gimmick act is as old as dirt.  I really don't care if you are not who everyone thinks you are, it really doesn't matter, but mark my words, at some point here real soon, you will be deemed as a gimmick troll on the politics board and I'll ban you for good.  So you better just wise up skippy or come clean.

FEARMONGERING!!!!!!! is what it is now man up to it.

Oh my someones panties are all in a knot...poor baby.

Once again why are you ALWAYS clicking onto my posts? Or is there some other compelling motivation you wish not to discuss?
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »
FEARMONGERING!!!!!!! is what it is now man up to it.

Oh my someones panties are all in a knot...poor baby.

Once again why are you ALWAYS clicking onto my posts? Or is there some other compelling motivation you wish not to discuss?

::)

Actually, most of the time its usually for a good laugh or to make sure you aren't getting picked on too much.

Serious about the politics board.  You can be an idiot as much as you want here though.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »
In the words of Avril Lavigne "You're so stupid what the hell were you thinking"?

???

I am so glad you feel the same as I do concerning ASSmo. I was going to respond to his comment, but you beat me to it with something more fitting...Thanks. That Avril Lavinge comment is the icing on the cake. You might be my new best friend...hahahaha
C

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:22 PM »
I am so glad you feel the same as I do concerning ASSmo. I was going to respond to his comment, but you beat me to it with something more fitting...Thanks. That Avril Lavinge comment is the icing on the cake. You might be my new best friend...hahahaha

two things lol

i dont know what you're talking about and i don't remember posthjing this....