Author Topic: Pec tear  (Read 7547 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Pec tear
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 01:54:39 AM »
if u have a tear you'll know about it soon enough. get ice on it as much as you can for as long as you can, completely immobolise and get the doc and mri asap.

certainly sounds like a tear to me. you wont nec see any change on shape..and tears can occur at either end of the pec, and even along its length. most tears wont cause a change of shape actually unless you've really ripped that sucker off a tendon or tendon from bone or done a major tear, and id think you'd be in agony by now.

those are usually the ones that bruise also.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  Im in the UK so dont need medical insurance.  Not sure if i should be going to my doctors or the accident and emergency ward in the hospital though!?
[img]http://ima

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 06:09:37 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  Im in the UK so dont need medical insurance.  Not sure if i should be going to my doctors or the accident and emergency ward in the hospital though!?

Go to A&E and say it's really hurting. You'll get seen to and dealt with much quicker...
O

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:02 AM »
hGh cures all

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 06:18:14 AM »
Death slowly awaits...

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 06:43:02 AM »
Definitely a tear of some degree. If it was a complete tear, the pain would almost be unbearable when you did it, so you should know. I tore mine clean off. It went numb pretty fast but the next day my whole bicep was black. It depends how you sleep that night and where the bleeding goes. Some people get the bruising on their pec. Surgery is pivotal if it's a complete rupture with the tendon disconnected. You will never bench even 50% of the weight if you don't get surgery. I did and strength is about 80% of what it was but I never go heavy anymore. Just rep out with 10-15 on incline and dumbells. I never do bench now.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:16 AM »
if your shit looks like this tomorrow...... You my friend are FUCKKED

Mine looked like that within 3-4 hours.

Prime

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
Been to the hospital.  They checked me over and said they though i hadnt torn it but had severly strained my intercostals and my pectoral.  They said they couldn't find any malformation in the muscle and there was no bruising.  Plus i still have strength in all plains of motion.

When I injured myself i was wearing a bench shirt.  So im thinking it was starting to go and the shirt stopped it from fully tearing.
I guess time will tell.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
Been to the hospital.  They checked me over and said they though i hadnt torn it but had severly strained my intercostals and my pectoral.  They said they couldn't find any malformation in the muscle and there was no bruising.  Plus i still have strength in all plains of motion.

When I injured myself i was wearing a bench shirt.  So im thinking it was starting to go and the shirt stopped it from fully tearing.
I guess time will tell.

congrats!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »

I guess time will tell.

All that complaining and its not torn >:(

.....suck it up princess!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:57 AM »

But your tan is almost perfect instantly.

Prime

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »

All that complaining and its not torn >:(

.....suck it up princess!
Ha ha well it bloody felt like it had!
I still cant hardly moe it but im happy its not totally fucked. 
i would have hated having to have open heart surgery!  ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
Ha ha well it bloody felt like it had!
I still cant hardly moe it but im happy its not totally fucked. 
i would have hated having to have open heart surgery!  ;D

please take this as a warning and stop trying to compete with the powerlifters on Bench poundages

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 05:17:13 PM »
PIP

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »
please take this as a warning and stop trying to compete with the powerlifters on Bench poundages
Seriously. I read bench shirt and imediatly went '' got what he deserved ''lol.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 09:31:02 PM »
I had a tear like that and it's exactly how you described. Those are micro tears if it tore so that the muscle ripped apart or off the bone you'll know. You probably get some bruising the next day or two. Mine looked the worse after the second day. Bruising all over my chest extending to my back.
Not much you can do but rest and let it heal. I didn't wait long enough and reinjured it. It just tripled the recovery time.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »
Get a second opinion maybe even a third. My first dr told me it was either a big scar or a dent in my chest, but that it wouldnt make a difference what a did. Another dr found a full rupture of the tendon that having not been repaired would have meant complete atrophy of my pec eventually.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »

Not that hes trying to defend his "title".  ;D