Author Topic: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread  (Read 44873 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Official Barack Obama Re-Election Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 05:26:07 AM »
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 05:37:13 AM »
Obama re-election launches with e-mail, website
 By LIZ SIDOTI, AP National Political Writer Liz Sidoti, Ap National Political Writer – 10 mins ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama2012;_ylt=AjFe63K3gmd4QU6Fqhi2lVCyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJlc3Y3NWszBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDA0L3VzX29iYW1hMjAxMgRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA29iYW1hcmUtZWxlYw--

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama formally launched his re-election campaign Monday, urging grass-roots supporters central to his first White House run to mobilize again to protect the change he's brought over the past two years.

The official start of his second White House bid, in the midst of three wars, a budget fight with Congress, and sluggish economic recovery, comes 20 months before the November 2012 election.

"We've always known that lasting change wouldn't come quickly or easily. It never does," the Democrat said in an e-mail to more than 13 million supporters announcing his candidacy. "But as my administration and folks across the country fight to protect the progress we've made — and make more — we also need to begin mobilizing for 2012, long before the time comes for me to begin campaigning in earnest."

He told them he was filing the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission, and directed them to his new campaign website where a launch video featured clips from supporters talking about their continued backing of the Democrat.

"I don't agree with Obama on everything but I respect him and I trust him," Ed from North Carolina says, delivering what's certain to become a key part of the president's pitch as he tries to re-energize liberals who have criticized some of his policies and independents who have fled from him in his first term.

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

Between now and the election, the incumbent Democrat will work to convince a fickle America that he has delivered change, made the right moves and earned the chance to continue the job. He will have to defend policies that have proven divisive, chief among them his sweeping health care overhaul and his efforts to boost the slow-to-rebound economy.

Obama announced his bid just as the White House is in a budget standoff with Congress that could lead to a government shutdown, weeks after the commander in chief directed U.S. military operations to a third major warfront, Libya, and days after the post-recession economy showed more signs of a rebound with a report that the still high unemployment rate had fallen to 8.8 percent.

Widely expected, the procedural step of launching a campaign was planned to coincide with the second fundraising quarter of the year. Filing paperwork will allow the president to begin raising money in earnest for what allies say could be a record-breaking haul of more than $1 billion for his campaign. That begins this month; he's slated to visit major money venues of Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in the coming weeks.

The campaign is based in Chicago, and many of the same people from his first bid remain involved, including former campaign manager David Plouffe, who now is in the White House, and chief political strategist David Axelrod.

Managing the campaign this time is Jim Messina, who played a senior role in the first bid and in the White House. Messina has spent the past few months touring the country to lay the groundwork with donors in hopes of building a massive fundraising network featuring both large and small contributions. He's asked some 400 donors — called bundlers — to bring in at least $350,000 this year; the re-election website is geared toward raising money from grass-roots backers. Obama raised $750 million for his 2008 campaign.

Obama faces no primary challenger.

On the other side, the race for the GOP presidential nomination is just getting under way; more than a dozen Republicans are considering seeking the chance to challenge Obama in the next election. Only a few have taken the initial steps toward a candidacy, though several more are expected to this month. It's a wide open race with no clear front-runner.

Nevertheless, Obama said he's not taking anything for granted.

"We're doing this now because the politics we believe in does not start with expensive TV ads or extravaganzas, but with you — with people organizing block-by-block, talking to neighbors, co-workers, and friends. And that kind of campaign takes time to build," he said in the e-mail.

"So even though I'm focused on the job you elected me to do, and the race may not reach full speed for a year or more, the work of laying the foundation for our campaign must start today," Obama added. He directed them to the new red, white and blue website for what he said was "a campaign that's farther-reaching, more focused, and more innovative than anything we've built before."

The website features Obama's new campaign logo — 2012 with the rising sun in the background, a version of his 2008 campaign logo — and announces that the campaign is kicking off.

"We're opening up offices, unpacking boxes, and starting a conversation with supporters like you to help shape our path to victory, and this is where you say you're in," it says, urging people to organize and donate.

The video is a montage of testimonials from a demographically diverse group of backers who intend to stay involved in this campaign.

"It needs to reflect the changes that we've seen in the last two-and-a-half years," says Katherine from Colorado. "Then we had an underdog senator. Nobody thought that he had a chance. And now he's the president."

Gladys from Nevada adds: "We're not leaving it up to chance" and "It's an election that we have to win."

___

Online: www.barackobama.com

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 06:06:06 AM »
I'm surprised how silent you hve been on her lately.   

Are you really?

She's irrelevant until she runs and gives obama 4 more years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 06:08:16 AM »
Are you really?

She's irrelevant until she runs and gives obama 4 more years.

What did you think of Bama's new video?   Personally - it reminded me "Potemkin Village" or "The Crazies" 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 06:21:02 AM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4799753

Funny you should say that. 

Here's my response to the E-mail I got from him today:

With all due respect to your office, Mr .President, I'm liberal, middle class, and a Vet. You threw me and people like me under the bus as soon as you got elected. Why don't you send this to your wealthy republican" friends". I'm sure they'll be wanting to donate to your campaign, you know, in a bi-partisan sort of way, and God knows, they are much better off financially than I am. After all, my income has been frozen, but they got massive tax breaks (again). In the meantime, I'll be donating what little bit I have to real progressives, that is, unless the government shuts down and I don't get my Navy retirement or social security checks.

I sincerely though our long national nightmare was over when you were elected, and I cried tears of joy and relief when it was announced that you had won. Little did I know that you were going to continue and even double down on some of George Bush's most abhorrent policies, and that not only was the nightmare not over, it was only just beginning.

I'm 65 years old, and cannot remember when I've been so disappointed in a politician. Every time I think about the disparity between Candidate Obama and President Obama, I get ill. If I were a republican operative, I'd just put up a split screen showing the "before and after". Nothing else would be necessary, and I'd be able to save a ton of advertising money. I can only say that you are quite fortunate that the republicans have such a plethora of certifiably insane people running; otherwise, you'd defeat yourself!

So much promise: squandered, overwhelming mandate: squandered, hope and change: squandered. I cannot even begin to tell you how disappointed and sad this makes me. I wish you well, but my personal code of ethics will not allow me to actively support someone who misrepresents himself in such an egregious manner.

(I'll vote for him if he's the candidate, but he's not getting one minute of my time or one penny of my money.)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »
2 more years of this shit?     Fuck! 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »
2 more years of this shit?     Fuck! 

well , really 6 more years ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
Are you fired up ready to go in 2012 for him? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
 ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
What did you think of Bama's new video?   Personally - it reminded me "Potemkin Village" or "The Crazies" 

shit if i know, i am not watching that crap.

trump and obama have many of the same positions on gun control and obamacare... so I'm guessing you're okay with most of what obama does.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »
Are you fired up ready to go in 2012 for him? 

240, as one of Obama's staunchest supporters and "bundlers", is fired up and ready to fleece his fellow trailer park dwellers out of their hard-earned money in order to reach that $350k goal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
Man With Obama Sign Attacked In San Francisco
CBS ^ | 4/5/11 | BCN

SAN FRANCISCO (BCN) – A man who set up a table with political literature and a sign supporting President Obama was attacked in San Francisco’s North Panhandle neighborhood on Monday morning, a police captain said Tuesday.

The attack happened at about 11:30 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Fell Street, where the victim, a 29-year-old Daly City man, had set up his table, said Capt. Denis O’Leary of the Police Department’s Park Station.

A man and woman approached the victim, tore one of the signs and shook the table, causing the political literature to fall to the ground.

The suspects also kicked the man in the hand, O’Leary said.

The man and woman, who had dogs with them, fled south on Broderick Street before officers arrived, and haven’t been located, O’Leary said.

The victim said the pair made “no mention of a political affiliation,”

(Excerpt) Read more at sanfrancisco.cbslocal.co m ...

________________________ ________________________ _________________

AWESOME!   AND NO - THIS WAS NOT ME AND MY GF!   

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 04:46:38 PM »
I will say that, unless they can come up with someone better than Romney, Bachmann or Palin, I'm voting for a 2nd term.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Hmmmm...44th President announces re-election bid on 4/4.

Gotta love it.
Sandra

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »
Can someone please tell me one thing obama has done to earn reelection.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »

He has been terrible IMO.  Someone told me yesterday that the unemployment rate for every month of Obama's presidency has been higher than any month during Dubya's eight years.  Not sure if that's accurate, but if it is . . .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
I want his supporters to name just one thing he has done for the average 9-5 guy to say he has done something for them.  Just one thing.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
Obama to hold Facebook
town hall; kicks off
campaign fund raising in
Bay Area

By Mike Swift
mswift@mercurynews.com
Posted: 04/05/2011 03:20:55 PM PDT

Updated: 04/05/2011 06:50:00 PM PDT

Hoping to grab some high-tech luster and begin
filling the campaign warchest he'll need in 2012,
President Barack Obama will visit Facebook this
month for an online town hall event with CEO Mark
Zuckerberg before going to San Francisco for a
series of pricey fundraisers, including a $35,800 a
plate dinner hosted by Salesforce.com CEO Marc
Benioff.

Obama, who announced Monday he would seek re-
election, is using the two-day visit to Silicon Valley
and San Francisco as an initial lap of the 2012
presidential campaign. He is expected to return to
the Bay Area multiple times before the election.

Facebook and the White House jointly announced
Tuesday that Obama will visit the Palo Alto
headquarters of the social network on April 20,
where the President will hold a special "Facebook
town hall" event that will stream live over Facebook
and the White House website, starting at 1:45 p.m.
Zuckerberg and Facebook chief operating officer 
Sheryl Sandberg will moderate and sit onstage with
the President, in front of an audience of about 1,000
Facebook employees, small business leaders and
Silicon Valley entrepreneurs.

While the President is expected to take some
questions from the audience, the majority will be
selected from questions people post for

Obama on Facebook or the White House website
over the next two weeks.

Political insiders said the Bay Area offers the double
political advantage of being a fertile fundraising
area for Democrats, and as well as allowing
politicians to associate themselves with the world
changing technology of Silicon Valley.

Former President Bill Clinton "is really the one that
tilled this soil in Silicon Valley before anyone else,
and it proved to be very beneficial -- not only for
the dollars, but also with high technology in Silicon
Valley. That plays very well in Peoria and everywhere
else," said Santa Clara County Assessor Larry Stone,
a Democratic Party activist.

"Yes, the tech people have a lot of money," said
Barbara O'Connor, emeritus director of the Institute
for the Study of Politics and Media at California State
University, Sacramento, "but I think he's interested in
getting the message out to as many people as
possible, in an interactive format. That's important,
because you get to hear what people are thinking."

Enter "Facebook Live," a streaming interview feature
that the social network launched last year and has
since featured one-on-one interviews with figures
ranging from rock star and activist Bono and talk
show host Conan O'Brien to former British Prime
Minister Tony Blair and politicians like U.S. Rep.
Justin Amash, R-Mich. But this is the first time a
sitting president has used Facebook Live to reach
out directly to voters.

"We're honored that President Obama will be visiting
headquarters later this month and will be using the
Facebook platform to communicate with an
international audience," said Andrew Noyes, a
Facebook spokesman. "We're really heartened that
political figures are using Facebook to organize and
reach people in a direct, personal and simple way
that was really unimaginable a decade ago."
advertisement

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_17777433?nclick_check=1

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
I want his supporters to name just one thing he has done for the average 9-5 guy to say he has done something for them.  Just one thing.   

Not a supporter, but he's done about as much damage as he can. It's always darkest before the dawn. The anti-Obama nation needs to find a worthy, electable candidate, quickly. Romney's spin doctored image, Palin's incompetence and Bachmann trying to feed off Palin's image and make it her's, isn't going to cut it.

I'd rather let Obama sort it out than any of those 3 get near the oval office.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »
Not a supporter, but he's done about as much damage as he can. It's always darkest before the dawn. The anti-Obama nation needs to find a worthy, electable candidate, quickly. Romney's spin doctored image, Palin's incompetence and Bachmann trying to feed off Palin's image and make it her's, isn't going to cut it.

I'd rather let Obama sort it out than any of those 3 get near the oval office.

By sort it out, do you mean drown to death in a Ted Kennedyesque DUI murder suicide with Star Jones as the passenger in the car that goes off the bridge, or did you mean that Obama should sort it out by getting an additional 4 years to destroy whats left of America?

Just wanted to clarify.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 04:42:02 AM »

Your goals are different from his goals.

There are a hundred million americans (at least) who share obama's goals.  The MAJORITY, or 53.9%, I believe.  In terms of his plans and agenda, he got a lot of it done actually.  Obamacare, finreg, DADT, schip, and many others.

Since you disagree with his bills, you say "he's got nothing done".  If you agreed with his goals, you'd marvel at how much he got done.

I'm with you that I didn't support much of what he did (i could give a crap about if someone serving likes the cawk or not)...

BUT

I can admit that he did nail down quite a lot of things on his 'to do' list from 2 years ago.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 04:52:43 AM »
Good, then let the nation collapse and be over with it.  If the 52% favor fiscal abyss, then fine, i hope we collapse and let those assholes starve and die for all I care.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 05:11:56 AM »

"Sticker shock" for Obama's pricey April SF fundraiser -- $35,800 PER PERSON?

Even loyal Obama supporters are raising their eyebrows at the very pricey fundraising -- like that exclusive $35,800-per-person dinner in San Francisco -- planned as part of the President's April 20 visit to the Bay Area.

The April Western U.S. swing by the President, which includes a stop in Reno and Los Angeles as well as San Francisco, is part of Obama's 2012 re-election kickoff campaign. But also scheduled is what the White House promises will be a jobs and economy event in the Bay Area on April 20.

On April 21, Obama heads to Los Angeles.

Cafe Presse

One of the Cafe Press designs pumping Obama's 2012 reelection campaign
Obama supporters acknowledge that the $35,800 per person San Francisco Obama Victory Fund dinner may represent a new pricetag high for political fundraising. After all, loyal Dems thought the ceiling was reached last Oct. 21, when tickets to that Obama dinner in the Palo Alto home of Google executive Marissa Mayer hit an astonishing $30,800 per person.

Yes, "there's a little bit of sticker shock,'' one Dem told us this week. The explanation: $30,800 of that donation will go to the Democratic National Committee, with $5,000 going to the Obama campaign -- $2,500 for the primary and $2,500 for the general election.

Here's the details of the Obama fundraising schedule as we know them so far:

*On April 20, organizers are promising a "low dollar" event at Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco, with tickets priced at $25, $250, $1,000 and $2,500. The high end ticket, $2,500, gets a donor a spot in the first three rows of the venue -- along with a photo line shot, according to the emails we've seen.

*April 20th evening: Obama will star at a very exclusive dinner at the San Francisco home of Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com. That will allow just 60 high end supporters to dine with the President; potential donors are being told that Obama will "go to each table and speak with everyone individually,'' with photographer in tow for that $35,800 check. ("Yes, you read that correctly,'' another astonished potential check-writer told us.)

*April 21st: Breakfast at 7:30 at St. Regis Hotel in Los Angeles for an estimated 120 people. Tickets are $5,000 or $10,000, and that top VIP price gets you a photo with the President.

And this is just the beginning for California's deep-pocketed donors: remember, it's still 19 months until the 2012 election.

Posted By: Carla Marinucci (Email, Twitter) | April 05 2011 at 02:15 PM

Listed Under: Carla Marinucci
"Sticker shock" for Obama's pricey April SF fundraiser -- $35,800 PER PERSON?http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=86397del.icio.us
Di

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=86397#ixzz1IkCJQilN

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:09 AM »
;D

This ad has gotten more hits than Obama's announcement!   ha ha ha ha ha   Even DU isrunnng this one.