Author Topic: Scientist alleges religious discrimination in Ky.  (Read 6171 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Scientist alleges religious discrimination in Ky.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
bump to see if necrosis's computer is working properly?

God is said to make each animal, hence the debate christians have with so called "macro-evolution", animals follow after there "kind" so it goes.

evolution is not abiogenesis so i need not comment. Evolution shows how new species are created, no need for god, thus he is not the creator of all if you follow that line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion. Thus there are creatures living that are not created by god according to evolution. The concept of god is ridiculous as well, such magical thinking that has no basis in reality. Not once has anything supernatural ever happened, not once.

"Actually, macroevolution starts on chapter 2 of the book of life.  What happened in chapter 1?  How did life on earth begin?  "

you don't know the difference between evolution and abiogenesis for one, for two if you believe the book of genesis is literally then i feel bad for you.

was charles darwin a creationist? simple question.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »
necrosis, you should look into charles darwin and his thoughts on creationism...

I think youd be suprised...

look at this drivel, such a strawman. So the fact that he once believed in something but later changed his mind to deny it adds validity to it's position. LOL, completely faulty logic.

I care only about the truth, i dont care who believes what darwin could have then denied evolution and stayed a creationist it wouldn't change the fact that evolution is true.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
God is said to make each animal, hence the debate christians have with so called "macro-evolution", animals follow after there "kind" so it goes.

evolution is not abiogenesis so i need not comment. Evolution shows how new species are created, no need for god, thus he is not the creator of all if you follow that line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion. Thus there are creatures living that are not created by god according to evolution. The concept of god is ridiculous as well, such magical thinking that has no basis in reality. Not once has anything supernatural ever happened, not once.

"Actually, macroevolution starts on chapter 2 of the book of life.  What happened in chapter 1?  How did life on earth begin?  "

you don't know the difference between evolution and abiogenesis for one, for two if you believe the book of genesis is literally then i feel bad for you.

was charles darwin a creationist? simple question.
first charles darwin believed in A god

second how do you know that God didnt create a single cell organism and that was the "creating of every single animal"?

I am a believer of macro evolution and a believer in God, as was charles darwin...the two are do not have to be opposing view points.

you said it evolution doesnt address how life is created so why do you believe that belief in evolution contradicts belief in God?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
look at this drivel, such a strawman. So the fact that he once believed in something but later changed his mind to deny it adds validity to it's position. LOL, completely faulty logic.

I care only about the truth, i dont care who believes what darwin could have then denied evolution and stayed a creationist it wouldn't change the fact that evolution is true.
do you know what agnostic is?

he said he considered himself an agnostic 3 YEARS BEFORE HE DIED...

I AGREE EVOLUTION IS TRUE but that doesnt disprove God brain child ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
first charles darwin believed in A god

second how do you know that God didnt create a single cell organism and that was the "creating of every single animal"?

I am a believer of macro evolution and a believer in God, as was charles darwin...the two are do not have to be opposing view points.

you said it evolution doesnt address how life is created so why do you believe that belief in evolution contradicts belief in God?

i have already stated why. god created adam and eve from his rib, obviously not true. Nothing follows after their kind, shit evolves. God creating a single cell organism then nothing else seems lazy to me, why the hell would a being leave it up to chance when he could do it all in the blink of an eye?

God and evolution probably not, god and the christian god i would have to say so.

if your response was directed properly the brain child thing wouldn't look so ironic. I was speaking of his creationist views obviously, look at the text i quoted, how you could fuck that up is beyond me. Perhaps you are not listening but insted just waiting to talk and counter any point i make.

God and evolution are not logically exclusive, religious depictions are for a number of reasons. like simple things such as man in gods image, um no, how about an ape.
do you know what agnostic is?

he said he considered himself an agnostic 3 YEARS BEFORE HE DIED...

I AGREE EVOLUTION IS TRUE but that doesnt disprove God brain child ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »
I see things in black and white, because most things in life are as such. You made the ridiculous claim that one cannot be a good biologist and be a creationist. Yet, when hit smack in the mouth with the fact that one of the greatest biologists in history was a creationist, you tend to make tirades like this.

Spontaneous generation was testable; that's the point. Louie tested it and it BOMBED big time. That was a HUGE tenet of the theory of evolution a "gross fact" (if you will) which has since been disowned like a leprous family member.

still havent answered, what is the test and was it observable. In order for it to be a HUGE tenet you would think it had direct evidence and proper circumstantial evidence right? Quite lying, it's not observable it never was because it doesn't happen, it was poor science and hypothesis which occurs all the time in science. You guys love playing god of the gaps, any mistakes a human makes and you think it adds credibility to your god, which is a logical fallacy.

"Yet, when hit smack in the mouth with the fact that one of the greatest biologists in history was a creationist"

you realize that germ theory and modern medicine/microbiology is lightyears ahead of pasteur now right? that evolution has helped predict and explain microbiology. Creationism predicts NOTHING, it cannot be tested and has lost in court TWICE. If you believe it to be science then you are either stupid,ignorant or willingly irrational, seriously only because it gives you a chance for god to play a role do you cling to it, it has been raped and debunked on every level. Liars the whole lot from dr dinosaur who is in jail now to behe and his shitting irreducibly complex argument that has been trashed over and over. When something is proven false you don't still accept it, its called an open mind, try it. God may still exist but all of what your saying does not, especially when facts prove otherwise.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »
i have already stated why. god created adam and eve from his rib, obviously not true. Nothing follows after their kind, shit evolves. God creating a single cell organism then nothing else seems lazy to me, why the hell would a being leave it up to chance when he could do it all in the blink of an eye?

God and evolution probably not, god and the christian god i would have to say so.

LMFAO that you feel that anything that man thinks now is the way things are for a certainty...everything that man has ever thought or felt has been proven wrong sooner or later necrosis WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!...

the thing is that you take a LITERAL INTURPREATION of the Bible and say this is what God say it is...and what basis do you have to validate that?

hmmm...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
LMFAO that you feel that anything that man thinks now is the way things are for a certainty...everything that man has ever thought or felt has been proven wrong sooner or later necrosis WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!...

the thing is that you take a LITERAL INTURPREATION of the Bible and say this is what God say it is...and what basis do you have to validate that?

hmmm...

your first sentence is absolutely wrong, so wrong it's beyond ridiculous.

if you do not take it literally and pick and choose what to take literal and not then it's all interpretation and no consensus could ever be reached. You could say the story of jesus was a metaphor and god never really sent his son or that the ten commandments were fiction. What guidelines do you use to say what is literal and what is not, they should be obvious to everyone.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »
your first sentence is absolutely wrong, so wrong it's beyond ridiculous.

if you do not take it literally and pick and choose what to take literal and not then it's all interpretation and no consensus could ever be reached. You could say the story of jesus was a metaphor and god never really sent his son or that the ten commandments were fiction. What guidelines do you use to say what is literal and what is not, they should be obvious to everyone.
really? name one theory that has not been altered or changed in the face of new discoveries...

Evolution itself is altered everytime a new species is discovered or a more complete specimen.

Id say rationality, knowing the tendency of ppl to exaggerate or the fact that the Bible has been translated mulitple times from language to language leaving obviously some things lost or changed in translation.

I think were getting lost in the details and missing the forest for the trees...

fact of the matter is that evolution and religion do not have to be opposing view points.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »
really? name one theory that has not been altered or changed in the face of new discoveries...

Evolution itself is altered everytime a new species is discovered or a more complete specimen.

Id say rationality, knowing the tendency of ppl to exaggerate or the fact that the Bible has been translated mulitple times from language to language leaving obviously some things lost or changed in translation.

I think were getting lost in the details and missing the forest for the trees...

fact of the matter is that evolution and religion do not have to be opposing view points.

Yes they do why do you think the religious hold to creationism? if what you were saying was true there would be no need for it, religious people think god created each kind, that adam and eve were created specially and that humans are in gods image, not derived from apes.

"everything that man has ever thought or felt has been proven wrong sooner or later necrosis WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!..."

you seriously want me to refute this statement, read this hyperbole again and ask yourself if it is correct.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
Yes they do why do you think the religious hold to creationism? if what you were saying was true there would be no need for it, religious people think god created each kind, that adam and eve were created specially and that humans are in gods image, not derived from apes.

"everything that man has ever thought or felt has been proven wrong sooner or later necrosis WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!..."

you seriously want me to refute this statement, read this hyperbole again and ask yourself if it is correct.
LOL many do youre correct but again they do not have to believe that to be religious

is creating one that everything comes from not "creating each kind"?

you say that God just created one and then left it to chance, how do you know this? simply b/c things look like chance doesnt mean it is...

LOL obviously its hyperbole but supposed to make a point my friend....please do though for the fun of it give me theories that have never been changed since the day they were created.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
LOL many do youre correct but again they do not have to believe that to be religious

is creating one that everything comes from not "creating each kind"?

you say that God just created one and then left it to chance, how do you know this? simply b/c things look like chance doesnt mean it is...

LOL obviously its hyperbole but supposed to make a point my friend....please do though for the fun of it give me theories that have never been changed since the day they were created.

theories change of course, they are comprised of facts, as new facts arise we change the model. However, facts do not change, we know that things fall towards the ground we call it gravity. is it due to quantum mechanics? quantum gravity or relativity that is up for debate, if everything has been proven wrong that means that nothing is true better said we are always wrong and even the new thought is wrong based on previous history. You have to agree that there is a point when fact and truth can no longer be wrong or even subject to change. If not it's a never ending string of less wrongs. You are also moving the goal posts you never said theory, you said thought and feeling. Thus, using your own logic the feeling of god is obviously wrong, since sooner or later it will be proven wrong WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!CAPZLCK

"is creating one that everything comes from not "creating each kind"? "

No, it i create a sculpture and it falls over and cracks the ground am i the creator of the crack in the ground? it takes convoluted logic to arrive at that position.

"you say that God just created one and then left it to chance, how do you know this? simply b/c things look like chance doesnt mean it is..."

agreed, i dont know, i know that it looks more or less like chance, of course i cannot be certain of anything 100% so i have to accept some things based on axioms.Pure conjecture on my part.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
theories change of course, they are comprised of facts, as new facts arise we change the model. However, facts do not change, we know that things fall towards the ground we call it gravity. is it due to quantum mechanics? quantum gravity or relativity that is up for debate, if everything has been proven wrong that means that nothing is true better said we are always wrong and even the new thought is wrong based on previous history. You have to agree that there is a point when fact and truth can no longer be wrong or even subject to change. If not it's a never ending string of less wrongs. You are also moving the goal posts you never said theory, you said thought and feeling. Thus, using your own logic the feeling of god is obviously wrong, since sooner or later it will be proven wrong WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!CAPZLCK

"is creating one that everything comes from not "creating each kind"? "

No, it i create a sculpture and it falls over and cracks the ground am i the creator of the crack in the ground? it takes convoluted logic to arrive at that position.

"you say that God just created one and then left it to chance, how do you know this? simply b/c things look like chance doesnt mean it is..."

agreed, i dont know, i know that it looks more or less like chance, of course i cannot be certain of anything 100% so i have to accept some things based on axioms.Pure conjecture on my part.

agreed that eventually we can get to the point where there is no more truth to be discovered the question are we there? how do you know where there?

LOL youre responsible for the crack in the ground, are you not? without creating the sculture would the crack have occured?

it takes no convoluted logic to see that...

now the differnece is that you feel that everything has happend by chance and maybe so but what proof do you have of this?

again things we once thought have continually been proven wrong so whats to say that what looks like chance isnt chance at all?

so one theory that has been created that has never been altered...please

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 07:31:37 AM »
agreed that eventually we can get to the point where there is no more truth to be discovered the question are we there? how do you know where there?

LOL youre responsible for the crack in the ground, are you not? without creating the sculture would the crack have occured?

it takes no convoluted logic to see that...

now the differnece is that you feel that everything has happend by chance and maybe so but what proof do you have of this?

again things we once thought have continually been proven wrong so whats to say that what looks like chance isnt chance at all?

so one theory that has been created that has never been altered...please

so if someone else knocks down the sculpture? what about the person who placed it in that area etc etc.. if we use your logic then god is responsible for hitler and every evil earth has seen.

"so one theory that has been created that has never been altered...please"

this wasn't your initial suggestion, you are moving the goal posts, you said every thought and feeling, how you turn that into theory which is a collection of facts is beyond me.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »

Right.  Many of us don't accept that different species spring from another.
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »
so if someone else knocks down the sculpture? what about the person who placed it in that area etc etc.. if we use your logic then god is responsible for hitler and every evil earth has seen.

"so one theory that has been created that has never been altered...please"

this wasn't your initial suggestion, you are moving the goal posts, you said every thought and feeling, how you turn that into theory which is a collection of facts is beyond me.
yep thats the just of it, here is the kicker...what if by doing "evil" its actually doing "good"?

you see the problem is you feel you see all the cards, but in fact we really see very little as is shown by you not giving me one theory that has never been altered.

LOL ok so i over exaggerated for effect...I cannot think of one theory that has never been altered, can you?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
yep thats the just of it, here is the kicker...what if by doing "evil" its actually doing "good"?

you see the problem is you feel you see all the cards, but in fact we really see very little as is shown by you not giving me one theory that has never been altered.

LOL ok so i over exaggerated for effect...I cannot think of one theory that has never been altered, can you?

the question is silly, a theory by definition is ever changing as new facts emerge. There will always be additions to a theory that doesn't mean the facts that comprise the theory are not true and have not changed. Woman have babies, sperm penetrate an egg, the male hormone for adrogenization is testosterone there are all kinds of facts that will not change, alot of what we know is true and will not change. Theories to explain observations will.

There is no theory that has never changed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »
the question is silly, a theory by definition is ever changing as new facts emerge. There will always be additions to a theory that doesn't mean the facts that comprise the theory are not true and have not changed. Woman have babies, sperm penetrate an egg, the male hormone for adrogenization is testosterone there are all kinds of facts that will not change, alot of what we know is true and will not change. Theories to explain observations will.

There is no theory that has never changed.
exactly and what was once thought of as fact was proven wrong...

everything seems like fact now, as it did the predecessor that it replaced until it was proven wrong.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »
exactly and what was once thought of as fact was proven wrong...

everything seems like fact now, as it did the predecessor that it replaced until it was proven wrong.

no, this is not true. You still didnt prove your point, you said everything we think and feel. I dont know but i think the sky is blue, that has never changed. I think that men and woman are the two species.

Facts rarely change, laws also do not change. You set up a straw man which i pointed out then said "exactly" when i agreed with your changing position as if i conceded.

you seem to enjoy trends and sticking with them, ie theories change, views change therefore we can expect what we know now to change. How about this trend, nothing supernatural has never been found, no evidence for god has ever been found, no such thing as a miracle, nothing, therefore we can conclude that we will never find such a thing or the probability that it exists is very low.

I get it, that feeling in your gut that there is something else, THERE JUST HAS TO BE, i have that feeling to. However, im no sheep and feelings lie, i see no evidence and i look at a world that is pure shit, a world that a toddler could have designed better, i see love and beauty but i then see starvation, sickness and torture. I hate when religious people say take a walk in nature, see gods glory, fuck you, take a walk down a street in india and see a leper aka gods glory.

God gets credit for the good and none of the bad, thats on us, fucking bullshit.