Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
May 22, 2015, 06:32:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Softball  (Read 80769 times)
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #500 on: March 13, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »

I carried my backup glove for a full three years before I finally settled in and made the switch.  Hard to let the old glove go.

Funny thing - I learned that some infielders in baseball skip putting their finger in the pointer slot, then put ring&pinky in the pinky slot.   I tried it for a week, and that's all it took for me to change entirely.  It "extends" the glove AND makes it absolutely pain free when catching the rockets I get in my league.

Yeah it took me awhile to switch to my second glove. I'm gonna try switching fingers and see how that feels. I play outfield so there's not a ton of screaming shots that hurt my hand but what I like about my new glove is that it's a little bigger then my second. I never knew until I ordered on line that you could order a 14 inch glove and that they could be different sizes.

my friend plays in Boston and he said one of his fields is screwed because they used it as a snow dumping ground and you can barely see the top of the backstop!
Report to moderator   Logged
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Secret chimp

« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »

Nice. Slide into second and get a syringe in the leg.

/not like i'd slide.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »

Yeah it took me awhile to switch to my second glove. I'm gonna try switching fingers and see how that feels. I play outfield so there's not a ton of screaming shots that hurt my hand but what I like about my new glove is that it's a little bigger then my second. I never knew until I ordered on line that you could order a 14 inch glove and that they could be different sizes.

my friend plays in Boston and he said one of his fields is screwed because they used it as a snow dumping ground and you can barely see the top of the backstop!

Where does he play.

I play outfield to - mostly L or LC.......The fence behind me is only 280 and there are guys who hit it 400, so the liners I get are ridiculous. Switching the fingers has made it painless.   I use a 13" glove.

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #503 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »

Where does he play.

I play outfield to - mostly L or LC.......The fence behind me is only 280 and there are guys who hit it 400, so the liners I get are ridiculous. Switching the fingers has made it painless.   I use a 13" glove.

Not sure what field or league but he play's first and is a big power hitter...he's like 6'4 and 270lb....nickname is Chicken

two of our fields are 290 with 20 ft fences and we use league supplied bats with only 3 hrs per team and the balls still fly out.
one field is 300 with 20 foot fence and my happiest moment was putting it over that in dead center.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #504 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »

Not sure what field or league but he play's first and is a big power hitter...he's like 6'4 and 270lb....nickname is Chicken

two of our fields are 290 with 20 ft fences and we use league supplied bats with only 3 hrs per team and the balls still fly out.
one field is 300 with 20 foot fence and my happiest moment was putting it over that in dead center.

Our fields go from 280 in left to 310 in RC, 300 in R.  The fences are about 40ft high with an HR stripe about 25 ft up,  (golf range nets on top of 10 ft fence) and balls go over them, so I see them land in the 350+ range.  The RC and RF don't have the nets, only 10 ft fences.

I'm lefty and bat either 1-2 so my job is to get on base and run.  Two years ago I hit about 5-6 out, but last year I didn't hit any.  Same 3 hr limit.

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2015, 07:53:41 AM »

1rst practice tonight.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »

One of my teams may fold.   Cry

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:26 AM »

One of my teams may fold.   Cry

Couldn't run to save my life but hit great.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »

Couldn't run to save my life but hit great.

This was kind of a cold response to my statement.

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #509 on: April 17, 2015, 05:54:21 AM »

This was kind of a cold response to my statement.

Well you're on like 17 others Roll Eyes
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #510 on: April 17, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »

Well you're on like 17 others Roll Eyes

Good point.  BUT, I actually many not be able to play now that I'm coaching AAU.  Our schedule this year has us going all over the fucking place.

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #511 on: April 17, 2015, 06:27:57 AM »

Good point.  BUT, I actually many not be able to play now that I'm coaching AAU.  Our schedule this year has us going all over the fucking place.

Not play at all Huh Huh Shocked Shocked
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #512 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »

Not play at all Huh Huh Shocked Shocked

I have to figure out how to make it work.  Other league is not something I can do part time.  But, I can't stop either.

Y
CalvinH
Getbig V

vaya con dios brah

« Reply #513 on: April 17, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »

I have to figure out how to make it work.  Other league is not something I can do part time.  But, I can't stop either.

Eeeh, good luck.
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Secret chimp

« Reply #514 on: April 19, 2015, 09:45:41 AM »

One-ball tourney yesterday. Fielding: fine. Batting: horrendous.     Roll Eyes
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #515 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:30 AM »

One-ball tourney yesterday. Fielding: fine. Batting: horrendous.     Roll Eyes

You will be fine, my friend.  Maybe on one of my Toronto business trips I can guest pinch hit.   Grin

Y
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Secret chimp

« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2015, 05:13:29 AM »

You will be fine, my friend.  Maybe on one of my Toronto business trips I can guest pinch hit.   Grin
Season delayed. City complaining about wet stuff. Scrimmaged. 4-5. The only good hit was direct to LF. Didn't move an inch.  Roll Eyes
Grape Ape
Getbig V

« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2015, 03:59:17 PM »

Season delayed. City complaining about wet stuff. Scrimmaged. 4-5. The only good hit was direct to LF. Didn't move an inch.  Roll Eyes

Yuck....hate bad weather softball.

Y
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!