Author Topic: Anybody golf  (Read 165196 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Anybody golf
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
shot a 95 this weekend, which consisted of a 52 on the front nine and a 43 on the back.

Very very slowly getting back to a little consistency from shot to shot, hole to hole.

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
Golfing is for golfers.

Of this I'm sure.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2014, 11:25:31 AM »
shot a 95 this weekend, which consisted of a 52 on the front nine and a 43 on the back.

Very very slowly getting back to a little consistency from shot to shot, hole to hole.

Hey man a 43 on the back makes you feel good after a 52 on the front, switch the nines and get a 52 on the back after a front of 43 and you'd be furious!

shot 87 from the whites on a tough course Sunday, two sevens and an eight or it would have been a great round.

I bought the new Callaway V series Big Bertha driver.....I have very low spin on my drives so I had to get a 10.5d head and turn it up to 11.5d and I also needed a stiff flex shaft made for 9.0d driver instead of the standard stiff shaft that came with it.

I cant ever remember or maybe I just never have hit my drives as long as straight as I am right now :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2014, 11:55:48 AM »
Nice round. 

I have always hit my drives high, so I got a adjustible 9.5 Rocketballz driver with and HD-6 Matrix Ozik shaft (didn't know what it was when I bought it, was just looking for "S").

Anyway, can't do shit at when I put it to 8.5 degrees yet.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
Nice round. 

I have always hit my drives high, so I got a adjustible 9.5 Rocketballz driver with and HD-6 Matrix Ozik shaft (didn't know what it was when I bought it, was just looking for "S").

Anyway, can't do shit at when I put it to 8.5 degrees yet.

Lol, it's a whole new world for me to seem my ball flight like that ;D

Saturdays round should be fun. playing with three other guys at 1:00 followed by a party at one of their house for the ND vs Florida St. game.
other guys are pretty damn bad golfers but multiple coolers will be sneaked into the carts for some pre-game festivities ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »

Lol, it's a whole new world for me to seem my ball flight like that ;D

Saturdays round should be fun. playing with three other guys at 1:00 followed by a party at one of their house for the ND vs Florida St. game.
other guys are pretty damn bad golfers but multiple coolers will be sneaked into the carts for some pre-game festivities ;)

Sweet.  I'm playing late Oct in Seattle....expecting it to be....wet.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
86 on Sat...every round it's just a couple of holes that kill me.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:38 AM »
88 from the blue tees at a tough course :)

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2014, 07:28:03 AM »
90 on a social round last week, on the 12th got an oscar (4 shots over par- what happens when yo try to murder the ball from the tee), but on the 18th got my 2nd eagle, driver, 6i and putt, so was pumped with that

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »
90 on a social round last week, on the 12th got an oscar (4 shots over par- what happens when yo try to murder the ball from the tee), but on the 18th got my 2nd eagle, driver, 6i and putt, so was pumped with that

Driver then 6 iron, that must have been a sweet drive, or a dogleg?

a couple of years ago I played in Vermont with a dog leg par 5....we played three times in two days and every time I cut the dog leg and was on in two....never made the putt :-[

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »

Driver then 6 iron, that must have been a sweet drive, or a dogleg?

a couple of years ago I played in Vermont with a dog leg par 5....we played three times in two days and every time I cut the dog leg and was on in two....never made the putt :-[

I am lucky in that I can hit a long ball, I have hit 9i before on par 5's for two, but my problem has always been my short irons and my putting, I got no feel and can't read the greens.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
I am lucky in that I can hit a long ball, I have hit 9i before on par 5's for two, but my problem has always been my short irons and my putting, I got no feel and can't read the greens.

I'm an ok putter that can get hot....I've gotten much better by taking the sand wedge out of my hands unless I'm in a bunker or a very short chip.
anywhere from 25-125 yards out I now use my pitch or gap wedge with a shorter more controlled swing....no more trying to nuke a sand wedge!

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2014, 02:57:50 AM »
I'm an ok putter that can get hot....I've gotten much better by taking the sand wedge out of my hands unless I'm in a bunker or a very short chip.
anywhere from 25-125 yards out I now use my pitch or gap wedge with a shorter more controlled swing....no more trying to nuke a sand wedge!

I use my 9i or pw, around the green, and almost putt it, otherwise i use my 52deg or 58 deg from 30yds out, I don't use a SW, even in the bunker I use my 52 and open it up, as when you open it, it adds a lot more bounce to the sole of the club which helps in the sand

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »
Played in Seattle - got 11 in before the rains got to be too much.   3 par, 5 bogey, 2 double, 1 ugh.......

Not terrible for not paying since May.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
Played in Seattle - got 11 in before the rains got to be too much.   3 par, 5 bogey, 2 double, 1 ugh.......

Not terrible for not paying since May.

11 holes is just enough to not fuck it up ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »

11 holes is just enough to not fuck it up ;D

This is pretty accurate - wheels were going to come off soon.

Start out real conservative, swinging easy and not doing too much.  Hit a few good ones, get some confidence, then start fucking things up royally.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2014, 06:46:26 AM »
This is pretty accurate - wheels were going to come off soon.

Start out real conservative, swinging easy and not doing too much.  Hit a few good ones, get some confidence, then start fucking things up royally.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks...would love to get another round or two in before it gets to cold.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »
Haven't played in a couple of weeks...would love to get another round or two in before it gets to cold.

me too, but the weather has to bump up into the 50s again.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »
me too, but the weather has to bump up into the 50s again.

Mid to upper 40's and I'll still play......as long as there is no wind!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
I went to Goldsmith and checked out the new Callaway Big Bertha irons.

....bleck! $1200.00 and they look like shovels :-X 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
I went to Goldsmith and checked out the new Callaway Big Bertha irons.

....bleck! $1200.00 and they look like shovels :-X 

You have to do a lot of research IMO.  The new TM irons this year got shitty reviews from multiple sources, whereas the rocketbladez from 2 years ago got great write ups.  Problem is the manufacturer always has to conjure up something new every year, but it's not like the average distance off the tee has gone from 250 to 350 over the years with all the new "better than last year" clubs that appear every year.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:44 AM »
You have to do a lot of research IMO.  The new TM irons this year got shitty reviews from multiple sources, whereas the rocketbladez from 2 years ago got great write ups.  Problem is the manufacturer always has to conjure up something new every year, but it's not like the average distance off the tee has gone from 250 to 350 over the years with all the new "better than last year" clubs that appear every year.

I have no interest in them but just wanted to "see" them.
I like the Callaway xhot 2 irons much better. half the price with forgiveness while still having a "players" look to them. they also have very good reviews. {C'mon Santa!!!}

....the whole "2 clubs longer" that every club maker claims is bullshit anyway....all they're doing is changing the loft on the clubs so what use to be a three iron is now a four iron and so forth....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
Got a chance to play yesterday. it was low 50's, mostly sunny and hardly and wind.
didn't keep score, just got out and walked with my uncle.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2015, 06:07:07 AM »
90 for my first round yesterday from the white tees.....51 on the front and 39 on the back!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2015, 07:03:24 AM »
91 from the whites on Sunday.
playing the course at Mohegan Sun in a couple weeks.