Author Topic: Are the 15mins of fame finally over for the little FauxTalian guido  (Read 6960 times)

Alex23

Re: Are the 15mins of fame finally over for the little FauxTalian guido
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
Douchebag Drama Queen...someone just popped a hole in your windshield, and you're telling them you work for Teradata.  ::) 

How about PMing the Arab?

Couldn't give less of a fuck...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
I'm director of Product strategy. My background is in EE/Computer science, I used to build software/hw but lately I've been responsible of scouting new acquisitions in the "BigData"/Datawarehousing space, making sure their technology is on par with expectation and ensure transition into our organization, integrate their engineering, who stays, who goes etc.. I just acquired Aster Data Systems.. look it up.. that'll tell you who I work for ;) http://www.asterdata.com/

My man that did not make much sense to me ??? except that you have an EE or Comp sci degree...the EE degree if you have 1...kudos!  8)  I dont know jack shit about software developing...but i'm guessing your expertise lies in "storage" at the business end of stuff....which frankly is beyond me. I'm again guessing that your company acquires storage networks and envelops them into your BIGGER storage network...to simplify!   ...i'm at quite the opposite end of the spectrum...

anyhow..if you are in storage...you might wanna look at the link below..there is a CCIE storage...but i think only 4 or 5 people on the planet have passed it...its supposed to an unheard level of difficulty

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/san/lab_exam_blueprint.html
carpe` vaginum!

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »
My man that did not make much sense to me ??? except that you have an EE or Comp sci degree...the EE degree if you have 1...kudos!  8)  I dont know jack shit about software developing...but i'm guessing your expertise lies in "storage" at the business end of stuff....which frankly is beyond me. I'm again guessing that your company acquires storage networks and envelops them into your BIGGER storage network...to simplify!   ...i'm at quite the opposite end of the spectrum...

anyhow..if you are in storage...you might wanna look at the link below..there is a CCIE storage...but i think only 4 or 5 people on the planet have passed it...its supposed to an unheard level of difficulty

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/san/lab_exam_blueprint.html

our product is pretty simple; a big database distributed across multiple machines interconnected, a shared nothing architecture with a proprietary communication bus (an optimized version of 10gb ethernet). Same type of infrastructure google, yahoo or many other have but "productized"and sold to customers... an onsite private cloud for anaylitics... we sold $2bln worth last year... pretty much sums it up. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
our product is pretty simple; a big database distributed across multiple machines that interconnected; shared nothing architecture with a proprietary communication bus (an optimized version of 10gb ethernet).

NOW THAT makes sense to me!

now lemme make guesses and see how close i hit home !  <strictly for fun..you dont have to answer as to how close i come or not>
1) the 10 gb Ethernet(esque) technology uses frequency division multiplexing (FDM).TDM is too slow..high latency
2) you r multicasting across it...instead of unicasting somewhere in the private range (  239.0.0.0 to 239.127.255.255)...unless you r using  IPv6
3) Proprietary comm BUS...could stand for one of 3 things
a) your physical layer is proprietary....highly unlikely..
b) layer 2 is proprietary....again...u nlikely..radia perlman owns layer 2...unless its a slight tweak ..just enough to stand up in court
c) layer 3...could be proprietary here...layer 3 multicast routing protocols are in their infancy and the world is wide open...and since you r running 10gigs...i bet you r multicasting..as i said before...you can afford it..(dvmrp?)
4) ..you said ..sharing nothing architecture...thats not technically correct..then you r running some sort of encryption where you are only sharing the hash values!

how close am i? ...if i am
carpe` vaginum!