Author Topic: TUF Lesnar / Dos Santos  (Read 11867 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: TUF Lesnar / Dos Santos
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »
This is probably the worst season yet.  I know it's still early and there is plenty of show left for me to change my mind, but, I guess the personalities of the two guys isn't making for good t.v. so far yet (along with the first two fights being snoozers).  JDS and Brock seemingly respect each other too much and are too nice to cause any type of confrontations that would make for good t.v.  As for the actual fight between JDS and Brock: I can see JDS being harder to take down (and hold down) than most people think, which will allow him to land a good punch or two on Brock which will send him into another fetal/turtle/bearcrawl/spinarroonie to the likes of which we can't even fathom. 
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
It really surprises me that being a veteran of sports and entertainment, Brock can still be a genuine 'redneck' that seems like he doesn't get out much.  He really is awkward around people.
As a Brock guy I would think you would know better. He has stated many times his stance on dealing with the public and he disappears after every fight.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »
I can see JDS being harder to take down (and hold down) than most people think,

I don't, I see JDS doing some damage while it's standing but JDS has no wrestling in his background like Cain did, so once it goes to the mat I think it'll stay there...

question is.... can JDS close the show before Lesnar  get's it there..

55/45 Lesnar !

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
I don't, I see JDS doing some damage while it's standing but JDS has no wrestling in his background like Cain did, so once it goes to the mat I think it'll stay there...

question is.... can JDS close the show before Lesnar  get's it there..

55/45 Lesnar !

I wasn't able to gauge JDS defensive wrestling abilities until he faced Roy Nelson- Nelson happens to be a very big guy with legit wrestling skills and a legit BJJ black belt on top of that and JDS showed some pretty decent takedown defense and was able to keep the fight where he wanted it that whole time, even when it was apparent Nelson didn't want that anymore.  JDS has been hammering his wrestling pretty hard lately and it showed in his last fight, also, the main thing coming out of his camp is he's hard to take down and hold down (I think Jon Jones worked with him recently as well). 
Predictions
 40/61

w8m8

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
I haven't seen the last episode in full yet .. but I saw a minute after the fight was over and Cock IS a piss poor loser

his sportsmanship SUCKS

Someone shoulda thrown the fucking stool at him when he chucked it in the octagon  >:(

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
I haven't seen the last episode in full yet .. but I saw a minute after the fight was over and Cock IS a piss poor loser

his sportsmanship SUCKS

Someone shoulda thrown the fucking stool at him when he chucked it in the octagon  >:(

You can tell Brock does not really give a shit, but at the same time, the guys on his team need a reality check on their abilities and attitude.

Brock guy fighting damn near tapped before the choke was set in.  Obviously, the guy wanted a way out.

Seems the the talent level this season absolutely sucks.  The guy that lost needed help with his diet and relied on others to tell him what to eat.
How can you possibly think you are a pro-level athlete and not know your body or how to eat? WTF!

w8m8

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
You can tell Brock does not really give a shit, but at the same time, the guys on his team need a reality check on their abilities and attitude.

Brock guy fighting damn near tapped before the choke was set in.  Obviously, the guy wanted a way out.

Seems the the talent level this season absolutely sucks.  The guy that lost needed help with his diet and relied on others to tell him what to eat.
How can you possibly think you are a pro-level athlete and not know your body or how to eat? WTF!

I agree the quality is poor in a some of these guys .. so how do they get chosen ? .. by Dana alone ? ...  I was more impressed with how JDS chose his team and the way he handles them compared to the way the asshole went through his questions and now seems detached from them ( his team )

I'd want to see them in action and know their records and history .. I wonder if Dana chooses some losers just because he wants to see who picks them and how much they can get them to improve ?

I am totally disgusted by the way Dana's letting Lesnar handle his position as coach .. I wonder what went through his mind when Lesnar missed his last fight ( before last night's epeisode ) and he ( Dana ) went to console the loser .. IIRC there was one time a coach missed a fight before .. but I don't recall Dana offering consolation then

good god I hate that arrogant self inflated fat bastard  >:(

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
I agree the quality is poor in a some of these guys .. so how do they get chosen ? .. by Dana alone ? ...  I was more impressed with how JDS chose his team and the way he handles them compared to the way the asshole went through his questions and now seems detached from them ( his team )

I'd want to see them in action and know their records and history .. I wonder if Dana chooses some losers just because he wants to see who picks them and how much they can get them to improve ?

I am totally disgusted by the way Dana's letting Lesnar handle his position as coach .. I wonder what went through his mind when Lesnar missed his last fight ( before last night's epeisode ) and he ( Dana ) went to console the loser .. IIRC there was one time a coach missed a fight before .. but I don't recall Dana offering consolation then

good god I hate that arrogant self inflated fat bastard  >:(

It appears that Joe Silva and Dana are the people primarily picking the fighters, then once chosen, they have to pass SPIKE TV/Producers personality test and interview.

I think they need to revamp the whole show or at least go back to fighting to get into the house.  At least that way they can weed out the people with no heart.

Honestly, without talent, the show sucks ass.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 02:51:58 PM »
I'm not an MMA fighter...

I've never taken any BJJ training...

but both of those kids in there last night absolutely sucked !

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »
I'm not an MMA fighter...

I've never taken any BJJ training...

but both of those kids in there last night absolutely sucked !
I heard you practice kung fu by your van parked at the rivers edge.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TPT

• Getbig II
  • I smoke spheroidal joints.
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
This season has been a massive letdown. The show draws the same interest as reading newspapers.

Going to watch WWE Tough Enough.
RIP Anabolic Society

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
im a big lesnar fan ,, but still dont fell th magic of that tuf season ,

so far worst season ,, shame ,,

Your messed up BLP!

TPT

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
im a big lesnar fan ,, but still dont fell th magic of that tuf season ,

so far worst season ,, shame ,,

Fuck you, RX scum.

LOL. Joking.

You're so right. Plus, Junior dos Santos has the personality of a turtle. Is he slow or what?
RIP Anabolic Society

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 08:18:12 AM »
Fuck you, RX scum.

LOL. Joking.

You're so right. Plus, Junior dos Santos has the personality of a turtle. Is he slow or what?

Dos Santos taught himself English for this show. I'll give him a TON of credit for that.  Anytime I hear a Shogun or Anderson interview, I just turn it off.  No use listening to something that is watered down translation that takes 5 times longer. What a waste of time.

This season is HORRIBLE.  This is not only a boring season, but the talent is hideous.  Last night, one of the fighters was afraid to throw a punch.

TPT

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
Dos Santos taught himself English for this show. I'll give him a TON of credit for that.  Anytime I hear a Shogun or Anderson interview, I just turn it off.  No use listening to something that is watered down translation that takes 5 times longer. What a waste of time.

This season is HORRIBLE.  This is not only a boring season, but the talent is hideous.  Last night, one of the fighters was afraid to throw a punch.

Ya. At least subtitles aren't being used with a voiceover of one from the States.
RIP Anabolic Society

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
maybe he lost the size cuz it was making him gas.....
real men= no rubbers

w8m8

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
This season sucks ... the fighters don't want to fight and Cock just acts like an ass every show ... this is the worst season EVER

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
maybe he lost the size cuz it was making him gas.....

could be.  I would have suggested Beano as a first course of action though...
w

w8m8

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:05 AM »
Last night's show wasn't so bad .. there were some good exchanges and the fear of getting hit seemed to be missing from the ones who fought

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
Last night's show wasn't so bad .. there were some good exchanges and the fear of getting hit seemed to be missing from the ones who fought

good call by Lesnar to not give the guy with the knee issue the wild card.  You can tell the guy has a shitty attitude...
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
The guy with this knee issue has zero respect for Brock and has been a little bitch since the beginning, even walking out while Brock was ranting once.

Looks like Brock settled the score. Payback's a bitch for that guy.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
The guy with this knee issue has zero respect for Brock and has been a little bitch since the beginning, even walking out while Brock was ranting once.

Looks like Brock settled the score. Payback's a bitch for that guy.

It looks like he's going to confront Brock in the next episode.  Hopefully that incites a serious roid-rage induced beatdown. 
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
It looks like he's going to confront Brock in the next episode.  Hopefully that incites a serious roid-rage induced beatdown. 

I'd sure hope for this, but Brock's smaller size tells me we may have to settle for an off-cycle beatdown.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
looks like this is going to be the first alcohol free TUF season yet.

w8m8

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 04:24:44 AM »

yes ... let's hope  :D

I agree Bentley has a bad attitude and should be more appreciative of this chance .. but I can't say some of what Brock says is undeserving of some disrespect shoved back at him

None of the other coaches that I recall ever spoke "down" to the guys like he does

BUT .. I really appreciated how well Lesnar and JDS discussed the wild card picks with Dana .. they conversed well together and it was refreshing to see

I still am unclear on why Justin was put on a 90 day suspension ? he was going to be their pick ...  does anyone know why he was taken out of the mix  ??? 

I missed something there !  :-\