Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Sugar Shane IS TODAY (Saturday, May 7th)  (Read 32096 times)

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Sugar Shane IS TODAY (Saturday, May 7th)
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:39 AM »
FUNNY THING IS HE ALREADY BEAT C0TT0 WH0'S BETTER THAN ANY 0F TH0SE 0THER FIGHTERS THERE. THEY'RE EITHER HATERS 0R JUST N00BS WHEN IT C0MES T0 B0XING.
You are right , the problem is the competition that Pacquiao is facing, Cotto is the best fighter he ever faced at welter and there is nobody with esclusion of Mayweather at the level of Pacquiao!
The only way for Pacquiao to test himself would be fighting Martinez at 154 and defend his Junior middleweight belt!
The problem today with boxing nowdays are the the ridicolous 17 weight class and the absurd 4 alphabet world belt (WBA,WBO,WBC,IBF)!
How the fuck can you call yourself world champion and title holder of one of the mentioned belt when there are another 3 world champion with a world champion belt!
And 17 weight class is total bullshit too!
Boxing should go back to the original 8 weight class (no junior or super bullshit weight class attached to the original weight class) and only 1 unified world  champion belt in order to regain the prestige it once had! And one more thing no more bullshit catchweight,if you fight for a welterweight world belt you fight until 147 not one once less!
Boxing is dying because of that and young kids that are in to fighting sport have allready switched to MMA!
That is sad because I love boxing and I don't care of MMA at all, but boxing have done this to himself!
Too much money ,to many unscroupolus promoter and corrupted boxing organization are killing this moribund sport that lack of new talent!
When Robinson and Armstrong were world champion there was only one world belt and only 8 weight class!  

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »
By the way after watching the fight last night between Pacquiao vs Mosley, I think Mosley should call himself Sugar SHAME Mosley now for the cowardly way he handled himself in the ring!
He got paid 5 million dollars and never once took the risk to attack Pacquiao, at least Margarito tried so Cotto too!
African-american boxer used to be the best and now are a joke , just like what the sport is becaming!
Were are the great african-american boxing warriors of the 80 ,the Pryor,the Hagler,the Hearns etc...?
Now we have coward like Mayweather who duck anybody who has chance to beat him,coward like Mosley that pocket 5 million dollars and never tryed to punch Pacquiao for fear to be hurted by counter-punches,and boring fighter like Bradley and Alexander and Dawson!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
By the way after watching the fight last night between Pacquiao vs Mosley, I think Mosley should call himself Sugar SHAME Mosley now for the cowardly way he handled himself in the ring!
He got paid 5 million dollars and never once took the risk to attack Pacquiao, at least Margarito tried so Cotto too!
African-american boxer used to be the best and now are a joke , just like what the sport is becaming!
Were are the great african-american boxing warriors of the 80 ,the Pryor,the Hagler,the Hearns etc...?
Now we have coward like Mayweather who duck anybody who has chance to beat him,coward like Mosley that pocket 5 million dollars and never tryed to punch Pacquiao for fear to be hurted by counter-punches,and boring fighter like Bradley and Alexander and Dawson!

pac got $25M for high fives.  Arum jacked everyone including the PPV audience and Golden Boy.

Arum is about to rob people again in Oct with Marquez who will get a $5M payday too.

FMW gets credit for Ortiz if all goes well.  Young, Aggressive, Coming off of his Best Fight, a legit win over Berto who people said FMW or Manny should have fought.  His technique is shit but who has technique equal to FMW, not even those euro champs (IFBB and WBA) who wont fight him in Vegas.

Sergio? - He has a punch probably equal to a good 168 fighter.  In the REAL world, not playing message board warriors, FMW or Manny would need him to take the fight at 150, so he loses some muscle, some of the 160 power and stamina which his camp wont take since he has problems making 160 now.  That's similar to Oscar going down to 144 when he fought Manny, nothing in his tank after a couple of rounds vs a full 154 when he fought FMW.  That's how you treat a fight with a TRUE 147 vs Sergio.

I'd be more comfortable with Manny vs Berto instead of Marquez  He has a lost now, so that shouldnt be a problem for Roach and Arum.  Problem even with the lost, he can throw serious leather.  You think little Manny would have gotten up from the right he dropped on a 160 lb (his weight at the bell) Ortiz.  

I think we're getting close to Manny vs FMW in 2012.  An Arab country put a $110M bid on the table for the fight in 2012        

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
Manny is a great fighter, but even his biggest fans have to admit he is handled PERFECTLY.

he always fights guys on his terms

Even when he fights guys bigger...that's their only advantage. .. he's always the guy with the superior physical tools in the ring be it speed or power

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
The sound of that punch never gets old .

Good stuff. Turned Paul completely off. Sergio put A LOT of power behind that shot man. lol

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »
You are right , the problem is the competition that Pacquiao is facing, Cotto is the best fighter he ever faced at welter and there is nobody with esclusion of Mayweather at the level of Pacquiao!
The only way for Pacquiao to test himself would be fighting Martinez at 154 and defend his Junior middleweight belt!
The problem today with boxing nowdays are the the ridicolous 17 weight class and the absurd 4 alphabet world belt (WBA,WBO,WBC,IBF)!
How the fuck can you call yourself world champion and title holder of one of the mentioned belt when there are another 3 world champion with a world champion belt!
And 17 weight class is total bullshit too!
Boxing should go back to the original 8 weight class (no junior or super bullshit weight class attached to the original weight class) and only 1 unified world  champion belt in order to regain the prestige it once had! And one more thing no more bullshit catchweight,if you fight for a welterweight world belt you fight until 147 not one once less!
Boxing is dying because of that and young kids that are in to fighting sport have allready switched to MMA!
That is sad because I love boxing and I don't care of MMA at all, but boxing have done this to himself!
Too much money ,to many unscroupolus promoter and corrupted boxing organization are killing this moribund sport that lack of new talent!
When Robinson and Armstrong were world champion there was only one world belt and only 8 weight class!  

WHY W0ULD MANNY FIGHT A GUY WH0 WALKS AT 185 LBS WHILE MANNY WALKS AR0UND AT 140 LBS? THIS MAKES N0 SENSE. HE D0SEN'T NEED T0 FIGHT A GUY 4 WEIGHT CLASSES UP T0 TEST HIMSELF.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
Manny is a great fighter, but even his biggest fans have to admit he is handled PERFECTLY.

he always fights guys on his terms

Even when he fights guys bigger...that's their only advantage. .. he's always the guy with the superior physical tools in the ring be it speed or power

M0SLEY IS 0NE 0F THE FASTEST FIGHTERS T0DAY REGARDLESS 0F AGE AND W0ULD PUMMEL ANY 0F THE CHAMPS INCLUDING JUDAH.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
WHY W0ULD MANNY FIGHT A GUY WH0 WALKS AT 185 LBS WHILE MANNY WALKS AR0UND AT 140 LBS? THIS MAKES N0 SENSE. HE D0SEN'T NEED T0 FIGHT A GUY 4 WEIGHT CLASSES UP T0 TEST HIMSELF.

M0SLEY IS 0NE 0F THE FASTEST FIGHTERS T0DAY REGARDLESS 0F AGE AND W0ULD PUMMEL ANY 0F THE CHAMPS INCLUDING JUDAH.

gimmick crack, what you think margo walking weight is and he is bigger than martinez?  continued stupidity.

mosley is done, and judah isn't far behind but he would have been a better fight for manny at 143.  that's why arum passed.  dude done won his last 4-5 fights under 147 in which he lost 6 fights.  doesnt that tell you something?  

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
gimmick crack, what you think margo walking weight is and he is bigger than martinez?  continued stupidity.

mosley is done, and judah isn't far behind but he would have been a better fight for manny at 143.  that's why arum passed.  dude done won his last 4-5 fights under 147 in which he lost 6 fights.  doesnt that tell you something?  

Y0U REALLY ARE CLUELESS WHEN IT C0MES T0 B0XING. MARTINEZ IS MUCH BIGGER THAN MARGRATI0. MARINTEZ WALKS AR0UND AT 185 LBS MAX C0ME FIGHT NIGHT. MARGARTI0 WAS 160 LBS C0ME FIGHT TIME AGAINST MANNY. MARTINEZ F0UGHT PAUL WILLIAMS AT 160 LBS AND CUT WEIGHT T0 MAKE THAT. MANNY WEIGHS IN AT 142 LBS WITH0UT CUTTING WATER WEIGHT. THAT'S A 40 LB ADVANTAGE AND 4 WEIGHT CLASSES Y0U FUCKING M0R0N. HE'S BEEN FIGHTING UNDER 147. YES IT TELLS ME HE SH0ULDN'T FIGHT S0ME0NE WH0 C0MES IN AT FIGHT TIME WEIGHING 180 LBS. HE WEIGHS IN AT 142 LBS. WHY W0ULD HE FIGHT AB0VE 147 LBS. JUDAH L0ST T0 CL0TTEY F0R CRYING 0UT L0UD WH0 MANNY DEM0LISHED AND Y0U THINK HE'D GIVE MANNY A BETTER FIGHT? 0KAY Y0U'RE EITHER A C0MPLETE M0R0N 0R JUST A STUPID TR0LL. N0T A VERY FUNNY 0NE EITHER.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
Listen to me Asbrus , I like Pacquiao, but he is a world champion at 154 (title holder of the WBC  Junior middleweight belt) and because of that he should fight at that weight with a legitimate opponent like Martinez.
If you are world champion on that weight class you should fight the best in the world at the limit of that weight class, not one once less!
I am not saying he should fight Martinez at 160 unless Pacquiao want also the world middleweight belt , but should fight Martinez at 154 since he is the Junior middleweight champion of the world and defend is belt!
The Greats of the past did it (Robinson,Armstrong and others too) and remember at that time there was only one world champion belt and only 8 weight class!
If Pacquiao want to belong in that categorie of the all time Greats at the level of Armstrong and Robinson that is what he should do:fight the best at the weight class you are world champion and not ducking the best  like that coward of Mayweather!
And believe me even if Pacquiao lose at 154 with Martinez his legacy won't be diminished because his past accomplishment are so great that nobody can disregard it!

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
Listen to me Asbrus , I like Pacquiao, but he is a world champion at 154 (title holder of the WBC  Junior middleweight belt) and because of that he should fight at that weight with a legitimate opponent like Martinez.
If you are world champion on that weight class you should fight the best in the world at the limit of that weight class, not one once less!
I am not saying he should fight Martinez at 160 unless Pacquiao want also the world middleweight belt , but should fight Martinez at 154 since he is the Junior middleweight champion of the world and defend is belt!
The Greats of the past did it (Robinson,Armstrong and others too) and remember at that time there was only one world champion belt and only 8 weight class!
If Pacquiao want to belong in that categorie of the all time Greats at the level of Armstrong and Robinson that is what he should do:fight the best at the weight class you are world champion and not ducking the best  like that coward of Mayweather!
And believe me even if Pacquiao lose at 154 with Martinez his legacy won't be diminished because his past accomplishment are so great that nobody can disregard it!

FIRST 0F ALL MARTINEZ D0SEN'T EVEN FIGHT AT 154 LBS ANYM0RE. HE W0ULD HAVE T0 CUT 30 LBS 0F WATER WEIGHT T0 MAKE WEIGHT. ALS0, MANNY D0SEN'T HAVE T0 D0 ANYTHING. THE FIGHTERS AGREE T0 FIGHT HIM AT THAT WEIGHT. MANNY IS ALREADY D0ING EVERY0NE A FAV0R BY FIGHTING AT THAT WEIGHT. HE F0UGHT NEAR THAT WEIGHT BECAUSE 0F LACK 0F C0MPETITI0N. HE'S A VERY SMALL 147 LBER. ACTUALLY MANNY SH0ULD BE FIGHTING AT 135-140 LBS. HE'S WEIGHING IN AT A 142 LBS FIGHTING AT 154 LBS. 0BVI0USLY, HE'S N0T G0ING T0 FACE A GUY WEIGHING 180 LBS. IT'S C0MM0N SENSE. YAH MANNY IT'S N0T FAIR/ ST0P WEIGHING IN AT 142 LBS AT BEATING GUYS 25 LBS HEAVIER THAN Y0U. WHY D0N'T Y0U FIGHT A GUY WH0 WEIGHS IN AT 185 LBS C0ME FIGHT NIGHT N0W? END SARCASMS HERE.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »

ummm it's 2011, not 2003. Shane Mosley's been SHOT for a while now

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »

this^ all day long...

people on this of all forums(suposedly a bodybuilding forum)...should know all about weight manipulation...pacman cuts zero lbs to fight guys that cut weight to make the 150's...but thats not good enough for the haters they want a guy that in all reality should be fighting in the 130's to fight guys that walk around in 180's...while were at it lets have gsp fight overeem...you know to prove GSP is the best  ::) ...& have martinez fight klitschko you know...just to test himself  ::) ...

these guys dont appreciate or obviously dont understand weight cutting...or they are just trolling...

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
this^ all day long...

people on this of all forums(suposedly a bodybuilding forum)...should know all about weight manipulation...pacman cuts zero lbs to fight guys that cut weight to make the 150's...but thats not good enough for the haters they want a guy that in all reality should be fighting in the 130's to fight guys that walk around in 180's...while were at it lets have gsp fight overeem...you know to prove GSP is the best  ::) ...& have martinez fight klitschko you know...just to test himself  ::) ...

these guys dont appreciate or obviously dont understand weight cutting...or they are just trolling...

I THINK IT'S A C0MBINATI0N 0F B0TH BUT M0RE 0F THEM N0T KN0WING ANYTHING AB0UT THE SP0RT 0F B0XING AND WEIGHT CUTTING.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
FIRST 0F ALL MARTINEZ D0SEN'T EVEN FIGHT AT 154 LBS ANYM0RE. HE W0ULD HAVE T0 CUT 30 LBS 0F WATER WEIGHT T0 MAKE WEIGHT. ALS0, MANNY D0SEN'T HAVE T0 D0 ANYTHING. THE FIGHTERS AGREE T0 FIGHT HIM AT THAT WEIGHT. MANNY IS ALREADY D0ING EVERY0NE A FAV0R BY FIGHTING AT THAT WEIGHT. HE F0UGHT NEAR THAT WEIGHT BECAUSE 0F LACK 0F C0MPETITI0N. HE'S A VERY SMALL 147 LBER. ACTUALLY MANNY SH0ULD BE FIGHTING AT 135-140 LBS. HE'S WEIGHING IN AT A 142 LBS FIGHTING AT 154 LBS. 0BVI0USLY, HE'S N0T G0ING T0 FACE A GUY WEIGHING 180 LBS. IT'S C0MM0N SENSE. YAH MANNY IT'S N0T FAIR/ ST0P WEIGHING IN AT 142 LBS AT BEATING GUYS 25 LBS HEAVIER THAN Y0U. WHY D0N'T Y0U FIGHT A GUY WH0 WEIGHS IN AT 185 LBS C0ME FIGHT NIGHT N0W? END SARCASMS HERE.
Sergio Martinez fought at 153 1/4 in 2009 against Kermit Cintron and it is only 5'10'. There is no way that he fought at 185 on fight night!
Sergio is 1 inch shorter than Margarito that got destroyed by Pacquiao last november at 165 fight night (after he rehidrated himself from 150 at weight in)
Martinez could easy weight 154 at the weight in and fight Pacquiao for the Junior Middleweight belt that Pac hold!
Pacquiao will be weighting for sure less than 150 on the fight night and would be at disavantage against the bigger Martinez , like he was against Margarito 147 Pac vs 165 Margarito on fight night!
Henry Armstrong never complain about the fact that he alwais was lighter and smaller than all his opponent and became 3 weight class world champion at the same time in an era when there was only 8 weight classes and one world champion belt!

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
Sergio Martinez fought at 153 1/4 in 2009 against Kermit Cintron and it is only 5'10'. There is no way that he fought at 185 on fight night!
Sergio is 1 inch shorter than Margarito that got destroyed by Pacquiao last november at 165 fight night (after he rehidrated himself from 150 at weight in)
Martinez could easy weight 154 at the weight in and fight Pacquiao for the Junior Middleweight belt that Pac hold!
Pacquiao will be weighting for sure less than 150 on the fight night and would be at disavantage against the bigger Martinez , like he was against Margarito 147 Pac vs 165 Margarito on fight night!
Henry Armstrong never complain about the fact that he alwais was lighter and smaller than all his opponent and became 3 weight class world champion at the same time in an era when there was only 8 weight classes and one world champion belt!

THIS WAS 2009. 2009 IS N0T 2012. MARTINEZ CAN N0 L0NGER MAKE 153. HE F0UGHT WILLIAMS AT 160 AND CAME IN AT 185 FIGHT NIGHT. I SAW THE FUCKING FIGHT. I KN0W. IF MARTINEZ WEIGHED IN AT 154 S0MEH0W HE'D C0ME IN FIGHT NIGHT AT 174 AND  MANNY W0ULD BE 145. THAT'S 4 WEIGHT CLASSES AB0VE. FIGHTERS WEREN'T CUTTING WEIGHT BACK THEN AS MUCH AS THEY ARE N0W 24 H0URS BEF0RE. IT WAS A DIFFERENT TIME AND WHEN HE M0VED UP IN WEIGHT HE WASN'T 0UT WEIGHED 40 LBS.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
This Legend is only 1/2 a inch taller than Pacquiao but tested himself against bigger and younger opponents on his way to became Junior middleweight champion of the world and Middleweight champion of the world and an all time greats !

Duran was 33 at the time he became Junior Middleweight champion of the world!

Duran was 37 at the time he became Middleweight champion of the world

Guess what? If you want to be a LEGEND  and be recognized an all time great Pac should do what Duran did!

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »
This Legend is only 1/2 a inch taller than Pacquiao but tested himself against bigger and younger opponents on his way to became Junior middleweight champion of the world and Middleweight champion of the world and an all time greats !

Duran was 33 at the time he became Junior Middleweight champion of the world!

Duran was 37 at the time he became Middleweight champion of the world

Guess what? If you want to be a LEGEND  and be recognized an all time great Pac should do what Duran did!

WTF? I'M N0T SURE IF Y0U'RE BEING SERI0US 0R TR0LLING . FIRST 0F ALL, DURAN IS N0T EVEN 0N THE SAME LEVEL AS MANNY. HE'D GET PUMMELED BY MANNY. DURAN 0NLY M0VED UP 4 WEIGHT CLASSES FR0M 135- 160. THAT IS 0NLY 25 LBS. MANNY WENT UP 53 FUCKING LBS. MANNY HAS W0N 8 W0RLD TITLES IN 8 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES FR0M 103 T0 154. N0 0NE HAS M0VED UP AS MUCH WEIGHT AS MANNY. N0W Y0U WANT HIM T0 G0 UP AN0THER 4 WEIGHT CLASSES T0 MAKE IT 12 T0 PR0VE HIMSELF? 0KAY PR00F Y0U'RE A TR0LL.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:38 PM »
You said 154 world champion !
This is the weight were he should fight Martinez since Pac is the title holder!
Believe me Martinez would come down at 154 no problem in order to have the chance to fight Pacquiao!

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
You said 154 world champion !
This is the weight were he should fight Martinez since Pac is the title holder!
Believe me Martinez would come down at 154 no problem in order to have the chance to fight Pacquiao!

0NLY PR0BLEM IS WHAT MANNY DID IS FAR M0RE IMPRESSIVE THAN WHAT DURAN 0R ARMSTR0NG DID. MANNY F0UGHT AT 154 LBS WHEN HE WAS 0NLY REALLY 142 LBS. S0 HE WAS A 140 LBER FIGHTING 2 WEIGHT CLASSES AB0VE. MANNY D0SEN'T NEED T0 D0 ANYTHING ANYM0RE. HE'S ALREADY D0NE WHAT N0 0THER B0XER HAS D0NE. HE CAN RETIRE N0W AND STILL BE 0NE 0F THE GREATEST BUT HE D0SEN'T NEED T0 FIGHT A GUY WH0'S G0ING T0 SH0W UP FIGHT TIME AT 174 IF HE MAKES 154. N0 0NE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND W0ULD D0 THAT. IT'S INSANITY F0R HIM T0 TRY THAT. MANNY W0ULD BE 0UTWEIGHED BY 30 LBS C0ME FIGHT TIME SINCE HE ALWAYS WEIGH INS L0W 140'S AND NEVER CUTS WATER.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2011, 04:50:24 PM »
0NLY PR0BLEM IS WHAT MANNY DID IS FAR M0RE IMPRESSIVE THAN WHAT DURAN 0R ARMSTR0NG DID. MANNY F0UGHT AT 154 LBS WHEN HE WAS 0NLY REALLY 142 LBS. S0 HE WAS A 140 LBER FIGHTING 2 WEIGHT CLASSES AB0VE. MANNY D0SEN'T NEED T0 D0 ANYTHING ANYM0RE. HE'S ALREADY D0NE WHAT N0 0THER B0XER HAS D0NE. HE CAN RETIRE N0W AND STILL BE 0NE 0F THE GREATEST BUT HE D0SEN'T NEED T0 FIGHT A GUY WH0'S G0ING T0 SH0W UP FIGHT TIME AT 174 IF HE MAKES 154. N0 0NE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND W0ULD D0 THAT. IT'S INSANITY F0R HIM T0 TRY THAT. MANNY W0ULD BE 0UTWEIGHED BY 30 LBS C0ME FIGHT TIME SINCE HE ALWAYS WEIGH INS L0W 140'S AND NEVER CUTS WATER.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
For how great Pacquiao he is at lightweight, he would lose with Duran!
Even Freddy Roach said that!

listen the interview!

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »
For how great Pacquiao he is at lightweight, he would lose with Duran!
Even Freddy Roach said that!

listen the interview!

THAT WAS M0RE 0F A RESPECT T0 DURAN IF ANYTHING. R0ACH KN0WS MANNY KILL HIM. DURAN IS THE M0ST 0VERRATED FIGHTER IN B0XING HIST0RY. HIS BEST WIN WAS AGAINST LE0NARD AND THEN HE G0T HIS ASS KICKED 2ND TIME.
HE'S 1-5 AGAINST THE ALL TIME GREATS.  HE L0ST T0 BENITEZ AND KIRLAND IN HIS PRIME WH0 ARE N0T EVEN THAT G00D.

Taken from Ryan Manquinana's interview with Roach.

RM : The two boxing greats who Mannys been compared to as of late, due to his success in moving up multiple weight classes are Roberto Duran and Pernell Whitaker. How do you think Manny would match up with them at 135?

FR : Its tough to compare eras, of course. Pernell was a great boxer, and Manny has trouble with the counter-punching style a little bit, but I dont think Pernell could stand the pressure. With Duran, I think Manny could beat him. Duran was a ballsy guy; he liked to fight, but, you know, No Más made me wonder if he had any quit in him. In the past, at [lightweight], I picked Duran to win, but this time I think Manny would win by decision now.

THAT WAS ALS0 BEF0RE MANNY BEAT HATT0N AND DE LA H0YA. N0W HE'D PR0BABLY SAY MANNY BY K0. DURAN WAS T00 SL0W F0R MANNY AND IT W0ULD BE EASY TARGET PRACTICE.

103 Wins (70 knockouts, 32 decisions, 1 retirement), 16 Losses (4 knockouts, 12 decisions) [4]
Res.   Opponent   Type   Rd., Time   Date   Location   Notes
Loss    Héctor Camacho   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   2001-07-14   Denver, Colorado   Lost NBA Super-Middleweight title.
Win    Patrick Goossen   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   2000-08-12   Toppenish, Washington   
Win    Pat Lawlor   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   2000-06-16   Panama City, Panama   Won NBA Super-Middleweight title.
Loss    Omar Gonzalez   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1999-03-06   Buenos Aires, Argentina   
Loss    William Joppy   TKO   3 (12), 2:54   1998-08-28   Las Vegas, Nevada   Fight was for WBA Middleweight title.
Win    Felix Jose Hernandez   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1998-01-31   Panama City, Panama   
Win    David Radford   Decision (unan.)   8 (8)   1997-11-15   Temba, South Africa   
Win    Jorge Fernando Castro   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1997-06-14   Panama City, Panama   
Loss    Jorge Fernando Castro   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1997-02-15   Buenos Aires, Argentina   
Win    Mike Culbert   TKO   6 (10)   1996-09-27   Chester, West Virginia   
Win    Ariel Cruz   KO   1 (10)   1996-08-31   Panama City, Panama   
Loss    Héctor Camacho   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   1996-06-22   Atlantic City, New Jersey   Fight was for IBC Middleweight title.
Win    Ray Domenge   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1996-02-20   Miami, Florida   
Win    Wilbur Garst   TKO   4 (10)   1995-12-21   Fort Lauderdale, Florida   
Win    Roni Martinez   TKO   7 (10), 2:59   1995-06-10   Kansas City, Missouri   
Loss    Vinny Pazienza   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   1995-01-14   Atlantic City, New Jersey   Fight was for IBC Super-Middleweight title.
Win    Heath Todd   TKO   7 (10)   1994-10-18   Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi   
Loss    Vinny Pazienza   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   1994-06-25   Las Vegas, Nevada   Fight was for IBC Super-Middleweight title.
Win    Terry Thomas   TKO   4 (10)   1994-03-29   Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi   
Win    Carlos Montero   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1994-02-22   Marseille, France   
Win    Tony Menefee   TKO   8 (10)   1993-12-14   Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi   
Win    Sean Fitzgerald   KO   6 (10)   1993-08-17   Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi   
Win    Jacques LeBlanc   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1993-06-29   Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi   
Win    Ken Hulsey   KO   2 (10), 2:45   1992-12-17   Cleveland, Ohio   
Win    Tony Biglen   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1992-09-30   Buffalo, New York   
Loss    Pat Lawlor   TKO   6 (10), 1:50   1991-03-18   Las Vegas, Nevada   
Loss    Sugar Ray Leonard   Decision (unan.)   12 (12)   1989-12-07   Las Vegas, Nevada   Fight was for WBC Super-Middleweight title.
Win    Iran Barkley   Decision (split)   12 (12)   1989-02-24   Atlantic City, New Jersey   Won WBC Middleweight title.
Win    Jeff Lanas   Decision (split)   10 (10)   1988-10-01   Chicago, Illinois   
Win    Paul Thorn   Retirement   6 (10)   1988-04-14   Atlantic City, New Jersey   
Win    Ricky Stackhouse   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1988-02-05   Atlantic City, New Jersey   
Win    Juan Ferreyra   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1987-09-12   Miami, Florida   
Win    Victor Claudio   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1987-05-16   Miami, Florida   
Loss    Robbie Sims   Decision (split)   10 (10)   1986-06-23   Caesars Palace, Las Vegas   
Win    Jorge Suero   KO   2 (10), 1:45   1986-04-18   Panama City, Panama   
Win    Manuel Zambrano   KO   2 (10), 2:57   1986-01-31   Panama City, Panama   
Loss    Thomas Hearns   KO   2 (15)   1984-06-15   Caesars Palace, Las Vegas   Fight was for WBC Light-Middleweight title.
Loss    Marvin Hagler   Decision (unan.)   15 (15)   1983-11-10   Caesars Palace, Las Vegas   Fight was for WBA, WBC and IBF Middleweight titles.
Win    Davey Moore   TKO   8 (15), 2:02   1983-06-16   Madison Square Garden, New York City   Won WBC Light Middleweight title
Win    Pipino Cuevas   TKO   4 (12), 2:26   1983-01-29   Los Angeles, California   
Win    Jimmy Batten   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1982-11-12   Miami, Florida   
Loss    Kirkland Laing   Decision (split)   10 (10)   1982-09-04   Detroit, Michigan   
Loss    Wilfred Benítez   Decision (unan.)   15 (15)   1982-01-30   Caesars Palace, Las Vegas   Fight was for WBC Light Middleweight title.
Win    Luigi Minchillo   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1981-09-26   Caesars Palace, Las Vegas   
Win    Nino Gonzalez   Decision (unan.)   10 (10)   1981-08-09   Cleveland, Ohio   
Loss    Sugar Ray Leonard   TKO   8 (15), 2:44   1980-11-25   New Orleans, Louisiana   The "No Más Fight"; lost WBC Welterweight title.
Win    Sugar Ray Leonard   Decision

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
LOL! :D
Freddy Roach lying about his favorite pupil in order to show respect to Duran who problably he never met !
You call me troll for saying the same thing Roach said!
I think you are a young teenager who justed started watching boxing after the year 2000 and really don't know shit about the great of the past!
I have been a fans of the sport for over 25 years and  Pacquiao is my favorite fighter now, but Duran believe me when I tell you that Duran was better than Pacquiao!
Duran fought and lost a close decision at middleweight with a prime Hagler (the second best middleweight of all time) , a man that would kill Martinez with ease.
Duran won against one of the greatest welterweight of all time Ray Leonard when Leonard was at his prime!
The problem with Duran is that he was never consistent with his training habit and eating habit like Pacquiao and sametime he got to out of shape close to the fight night!
Duran was a natural lightweight!

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »

these 2 post say it all and can not be argued with...anyone that has cut weight for a bodybuilding show or a fight know as much...