Author Topic: It's Official!!! ROCK VS. CENA.....WRESTLEMANIA 28  (Read 8497 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: It's Official!!! ROCK VS. CENA.....WRESTLEMANIA 28
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
I don't know other than WM when they could have it? Maybe Summerslam but they easily fill the Staples Center every year. Why do it in a 20,000 seat stadium when you can draw 4times that in Miami? They couldn't of had it at 27, Rock isn't in wrestling shape. I think it sucks we have to wait a year but their #1 priority like any business in $$$ and Wrestlemania is by far their biggest money maker of the year. I'm curious to see how they play this.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »
I don't know other than WM when they could have it? Maybe Summerslam but they easily fill the Staples Center every year. Why do it in a 20,000 seat stadium when you can draw 4times that in Miami? They couldn't of had it at 27, Rock isn't in wrestling shape. I think it sucks we have to wait a year but their #1 priority like any business in $$$ and Wrestlemania is by far their biggest money maker of the year. I'm curious to see how they play this.

I'm curious to see how they keep the fans' interest in the angle.

In what capacity is Rock going to appear on WWE shows over the next 12 months?
How do you think the fans will react if he disappears again until the last month for his WM28 build-up?

Also, Cena has got to do other things between now and then.
Will those angles be overshadowed at all by his big Mania match?

And, even if Rock does make sporadic appearances (which I'm assuming he will), how many times can you have those two meet & interact in a non-match capacity and have it mean something significant?

I'm not suggesting they can't do any or all of that; I'm just curious as to how they may/will go about it?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 04:28:59 AM »
I don't know about that. He looks better than 99.9% of the roster. Once he starts doing cardio steadily he'll be ok. Trust me when I tell you that he WILL carry the match with Cena (if it even happens).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
I don't know about that. He looks better than 99.9% of the roster. Once he starts doing cardio steadily he'll be ok. Trust me when I tell you that he WILL carry the match with Cena (if it even happens).

There's a little more to "ring-shape" than leaning out and doing cardio.
You've got to "bump" train, as well as practice drills and rehearse spots - stuff every trainee goes through.
Amazingly, your body becomes conditioned (to a degree) to falling/landing, but if you haven't done it in a while...look out!

Rock's been away for a long time.
Still, he's not starting from scratch, and I suspect it'll all come back for him fairly quickly.
And, I don't think he'd return in a shape that would disappoint the fans.
I fully expect him to look good & move well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 05:03:27 AM »

You've got to "bump" train, as well as practice drills and rehearse spots - stuff every trainee goes through.
Amazingly, your body becomes conditioned (to a degree) to falling/landing, but if you haven't done it in a while...look out!

Still, he's not starting from scratch, and I suspect it'll all come back for him fairly quickly.
Where in Miami is WM being held? Stadium? Arena?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 05:10:28 AM »
Where in Miami is WM being held? Stadium? Arena?

I'm not sure.
Although, I suspect they have the venue booked; they often do at this point.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 05:12:47 AM »

I'm not sure.
Although, I suspect they have the venue booked; they often do at this point.
If Vince doesn't put this big event in a stadium, he nuts. He also needs to find a suitable opponent for the Undertaker and he needs a good undercard. After all, it is Wrestlemania.

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 05:13:54 AM »
Taker will be fighting brock at wm 28 brock will be out of mma in less than a year...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
he needs a good undercard. After all, it is Wrestlemania.

Oh, is that still a requisite?

:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »

Oh, is that still a requisite?

:)
It certainly has to be. Its Wrestlemania. He needs to out do every card he's ever done. He needs a stellar main event which he has in Rock vs Cena (IF it happens as anything is subject to change). he needs a huge opponent for the Undertaker. An opponent who has extreme talent and poses a HUGE threat to the streak and he needs to fill the rest of the card with good matches. A good Intercontinental title match a good tag team title match, etc. Lets face it, this years WM everyone watched it for one reason and one reason only. The Undertaker vs Triple H.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 08:23:30 AM »

Exactly!!! Hogan looked great, when he returned in 2002. But, it was obvious that he missed some steps.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
I think by that time in 2002, his age played a factor too. He had a good match with the Rock. I was at that event and I still to this day feel that they should have been on last. They had Triple H and jericho on last and although it was for the world title, they just had no chemistry together.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »
I think by that time in 2002, his age played a factor too. He had a good match with the Rock. I was at that event and I still to this day feel that they should have been on last. They had Triple H and jericho on last and although it was for the world title, they just had no chemistry together.

That was because of the Royal Rumble angle (the winner main-events WrestleMania in a title match).

That angle has been SHOT TO PIECES, especially with the World title match being the curtain-jerker bout at this year's event (with the Rumble winner involved).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
That was because of the Royal Rumble angle (the winner main-events WrestleMania in a title match).

That angle has been SHOT TO PIECES, especially with the World title match being the curtain-jerker bout at this year's event (with the Rumble winner involved).
At that event, Scott Hall's match with Stone Cold was really good.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
New Rock response

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »
Cena's twitter

CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money

I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments.
13 Jul  via TweetCaster for Android

Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman.

Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there. :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
Source: Pwmania.com

Quote:
Amidst speculation that The Rock might appear at this year’s WWE Survivor Series PPV, due to a Tweet posted by the former WWE Champ last week, we have learned exclusively that Dwayne Johnson is indeed confirmed to appear at this year’s annual PPV.

Additionally, we have learned that WWE is planning a huge media campaign to support The Rock’s appearance at Survivor Series 2011, which will take place at Madison Square Garden. “With SummerSlam taking place in Los Angeles, WWE is going to go all out to promote Rock at MSG,” a key WWE insider told us this evening.

“(WWE Chairman) Vince (McMahon) really wants to exploit The Rock’s mainstream credibility to the max with this major pay-per-view appearance, which will officially kick off the direct push into Rock vs Cena at WrestleMania 28.”

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson via Twitter:

“Cena fans: pls stop tweeting me to stop being “mean” to John. If u think I’m mean now, just wait til Survivor Series in NYC.”

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »
-John Cena responded to rumors of his scheduled match with The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII being in jeopardy. A fan asked, "Any truth to the rumours that a top WWE exec wants your match with The Rock removed from the WM 28 card?" He responded, "none at all. That match needs to happen. If they kick us out we will fight.in parking lot." The rumor is attributed to the Wrestling Observer, as they reported last week that a high-ranking executive with great influence over Vince McMahon is lobbying for the match in Rock's hometown of Miami, Florida to be canceled. The executive is concerned that WWE's premiere star, Cena, will be heavily booed during the biggest show of the year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
-- Vince McMahon stated during last week's WWE investors conference call that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has agreed to work multiple pay-per-view events. Besides the Survivor Series in November, there is talk that Johnson, barring movie commitments, would be on hand for the big three shows next year—Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and SummerSlam. WWE officials are hoping they can squeeze even more appearances out of him.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
pwtorch

The Rock says he does not want to be WWE champion again despite WWE advertising in-advance Rock-Cena for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 28. Rock also explained why he returned to WWE in advance of WM27 leading to WM28 in a series of Twitter posts over the weekend.

"A few years ago when Cena - inexplicably - started talking trash publicly, I knew then I could turn this into a...massive main event. One that could elevate the WWE to unprecedented heights. The timing had to be right though.

"Wrestlemania 27: for me and the fans - the time was right. The build to Wrestlemania 28 will be like nothing the world...has ever seen before. The match itself will be historic.

I didn't come back to the WWE to become champion again. I came back for these reasons: entertain the fans like no one else can. Elevate the WWE to new heights never seen before...Challenge and mentor some of the younger talent. Give the millions what they want which is to kick John Cena's f'n ass."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19:36 AM »
F4Wonline.com is reporting that there has been serious talk of The Rock and John Cena having a best of 3 series. This would not only solve the problem of which one of these two stars goes over at WrestleMania but will allow the WWE to cash in more on this big time match up.

The first match would be at WrestleMania and the the series would culminate at Summerslam 2012.

As of now The Rock will be at Survivor Series where he will cut a promo and likely get physically involved with John Cena. The Rock is also expected to be appearing at Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber to help build to WrestleMania 28.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
According to various reports and sources of our own, it has been a topic and priority among top WWE officials recently to convince The Rock to wrestle at Survivor Series.

Wrestlezone previously posted an exclusive that talked about Vince McMahon wanting major corporate sponsorship and promotion to be involved with Survivor Series, and The Rock wrestling is a factor in this pursuit. The buzz already surrounding the event, which was shown by the quick sell out, is the perfect atmosphere for The Rock's in-ring return.

As one source told WZ, "It is such an easy sell for Vince to have The Rock making his return in the ring in the same city, venue and pay per view that he made his WWE debut."

The feeling is that this would be a great attraction, and the hype would either remain the same or increase for his match against John Cena at WrestleMania 28 because of the star power and war of words they have had.

We will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest updates.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
wrestlezone.com

WWE.com has confirmed that The Rock and John Cena will team together in a traditional Elimination Match at the Survivor Series PPV in November.

This announcement comes after The Rock implied on his Twitter account that he'd be teaming up with Cena by posting a Survivor Series image.