Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 24, 2017, 12:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Entertainment  (Read 362214 times)
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »

Researchers find Cumberbatch related to Holmes' creator

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/researchers-find-cumberbatch-related-to-holmes-creator/ar-BBxLy8U?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartandhp

NEW YORK (AP) — Genealogy detectives have discovered that Benedict Cumberbatch, the British actor who portrays Sherlock Holmes in the PBS television series, is distantly related to the author who created the iconic character more than a century ago.
Cumberbatch, 40, and the late Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who died in 1930, were 16th cousins, twice removed, according to the web site Ancestry.com.

Cumberbatch and "Sherlock" return for three new episodes beginning Sunday night. With the British actor rocketing to movie stardom, it's likely to be his last time in the character.
Ancestry.com wasn't asked to dig into the backgrounds of Cumberbatch and Doyle, but its researchers love both the series and historical puzzles, said spokesman Dallin Hatch. They haven't told the actor of the connection.

Doyle and Cumberbatch's common ancestor was John of Gaunt, the duke of Lancaster and the fourth son of King Edward III of England, who lived in the 14th Century, the website said. John of Gaunt was Doyle's 15th great-grandfather and Cumberbatch's 17th great-grandfather.
"Making family history connections is similar to piecing together a mysterious puzzle, one that the great Sherlock Holmes himself would be intrigued to solve," said Lisa Elzey, family historian at Ancestry.

Holmes and sidekick John Watson, played in the PBS series by Martin Freeman, came to life in a novel written in 1890, and were featured in dozens more detective stories.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »

Namco Founder Masaya Nakamura Passes Away At The Age Of 91

http://wwg.com/2017/01/30/namco-founder-masaya-nakamura-passes-away-at-the-age-of-91/

It’s a sad day for video gaming fans, as Masaya Nakamura, the founder of Namco, has passed away at the age of 91.

Bandai Namco made the official statement earlier today, although Nakamura actually passed away last week, on January 22nd.

Nakamura began Namco back in 1955 as Nakamura Manufacturing, a company that specialized in making amusement park rides. However, in 1958, he renamed it Nakamura Amusement Machine Manufacturing Company, or Namco for short.

However, the company would hit its stride when it entered the video game division, making a number of classics like Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig-Dug, amongst countless others. It would continue this stride into the 90’s with entries in the home market, including ports of popular arcade games like Time Crisis and Ridge Racer, along with various entries in the Tekken franchise.

Nakamura’s company merged with Bandai in 2005, creating Bandai Namco Games in the process and revolutionizing third party releases across a number of categories, including anime-based games and arcade-style titles.

This year looks to be a strong one for the company as well, with Tekken 7 set to release this June, and other releases on the way as well.
Our sympathy goes out to Nakamura’s family and peers. He will be missed.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2017, 09:18:39 PM »

Richard Hatch, ‘Battlestar Galactica’ star, dead at 71

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/richard-hatch-%E2%80%98battlestar-galactica%E2%80%99-star-dead-at-71/ar-AAmIwuj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Richard Hatch, who was best known for his role as Captain Apollo in “Battlestar Galactica,” died Tuesday. He was 71.

Hatch got his start with the Los Angeles Repertory Theater as well as shows in Chicago and off Broadway before moving to the silver screen, where he debuted in 1971 on “All My Children.”

His first major role came in “The Streets of San Francisco” as Inspector Dan Robbins in 1976, the final season of the detective show.

But his most famous part was Captain Apollo in the 1978 “Battlestar Galactica” TV show, a role for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe.

Over the years, Hatch also made guest appearances on shows including “The Waltons,” “Hawaii Five-O” and “Baywatch.”

He also spent much of his later career attempting to revive “Battlestar Galactica,” including novels based on the series.

Hatch even went as far as to write, co-direct and produce a trailer for a spinoff called “The Second Coming,” but Universal Studios rejected his pitch.

Instead, the studio ordered a remake from Ronald D. Moore in which Hatch played Tom Zarek, a terrorist-turned-politician, for 22 episodes over the show’s four-season run.

“Richard Hatch was a good man, a gracious man, and a consummate professional,” Moore tweeted after the news broke. “His passing is a heavy blow to the entire BSG family.”

“Richard Hatch, you made our universe a better place,” wrote Edward James Olmos, who starred in the reboot. “We love you for it. Rest In Peace my friend. So Say We All.”

“I share tragic news with a heavy heart,” wrote composer Bear McCreary, who broke the news. “Richard Hatch is no longer with us. Goodbye Tom Zarek / Apollo.”

“R.I.P. Richard Hatch. Thank you for all your kindness and advice over the years,” wrote “Galacticast” actress Casey McKinnon. “We'll miss you."


Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »

Fargo Season 3

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAo6CbtTgE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAo6CbtTgE</a>
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #329 on: April 01, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »

Justin Trudeau Wants a Rematch with Matthew Perry: 'Who Hasn't Wanted to Punch Chandler?'

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/justin-trudeau-wants-a-rematch-with-matthew-perry-who-hasnt-wanted-to-punch-chandler/ar-BBz9ZqX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Watch out Matthew Perry - Justin Trudeau is ready to fight!

The Canadian prime minister tweeted on Saturday morning that he's ready for a rematch with the Friends star, who beat him up once when they attended elementary school at Rockcliffe Park Public School in Ottawa.

I've been giving it some thought, and you know what, who hasn't wanted to punch Chandler? Trudeau, 45, wrote. How about a rematch @MatthewPerry?

Perry, who is half-Canadian, recounted their original fight during a visit to Jimmy Kimmel Liveon March 15.

Although the 47-year-old actor was in fifth grade at the time - and a few years ahead of Trudeau - he was envious of the boy.

My friend Chris Murray, who was also in the fifth grade in Canada, reminded me that we actually beat up Justin Trudeau, he told Kimmel, 49. We both beat him up. I think he was excelling in a sport that we weren't so it was pure jealousy.

Trudeau's father, Pierre Trudeau, was then-prime minister - but Perry insisted that wasn't the reason he attacked him.

I think he was the only kid in school that we could beat up, he said, adding, You know, I'm not bragging about this, this is terrible. I was a stupid kid, I didn't want to beat him up. In fact, I think at one point I tried to turn it into love play.

Trudeau assumed office in November 2015. Looking back on it, Perry credits his alleged knockdown or the prime minister's success.

I think it was rather instrumental in him ... going to such great heights and becoming the prime minister, Perry told Kimmel of the alleged knockdown. I think he said, 'I'm gonna rise above this and I'm gonna become prime minister.'
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »

The Son

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-son
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #331 on: April 02, 2017, 09:00:52 PM »

RICK AND MORTY Has Made Fans Demand That McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Return

http://nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-mcdonalds-szechuan-sauce-mulan-adult-swim-chicken-mcnuggets-nugget-april-fools-fool/

WARNING: This article contains spoilers for the Rick and Morty season 3 premiere that aired last night.

After creating fake memories, transporting his intelligence from body to body, and playing brutal mindgames on Morty, Rick Sanchez concluded last night’s early April Fool’s Rick and Morty season premiere by explaining his motivations: revenge on son-in-law Jerry, and a craving for the sweet, sweet Szechuan sauce that McDonald’s introduced as a tie-in to Disney‘s Mulan. And no, this wasn’t a made-up pop-culture joke: as you can see in the commercial above, it was a real thing.

You have to wonder what Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr., which ran a massive rebranding ad mid-show to demonstrate a new move away from sexy commercials, thought about the fact that McDonald’s seems to have gotten a bigger pop-culture boost, presumably without paying for it. Fans are already starting petitions for McDonald’s to bring back the sauce, and you can sign online if you agree–they’re pretty close to the 7,500 goal last time we checked.

While the Golden Arches might not do such a thing because a cartoon aimed at adults asked, it bears repeating that there is a live-action remake of Mulan coming from Disney, and while it reportedly won’t feature any songs, nobody has ruled out fast food tie-ins. It’s almost like some sort of cosmic convergence.

Perhaps the bigger question, though, is why aren’t people talking about Shoney’s, which was revealed as Rick’s mental safe space? They’re tougher to find in many parts of the country, but totally worth the search. A tie-in menu is probably too much to hope for when your lead character is always belching up green drool and has a friend named Mr. Poopybutthole, but we can dream. Ooo-wee!
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

John Simm to return as the Master in Doctor Who

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/9ecdaaa1-10e1-45a7-a266-bdd7a1adcdf2

John Simm will return as the Master to battle the Doctor (Peter Capaldi), new companion Bill Potts (Pearl Mackie) and Nardole (Matt Lucas) in the forthcoming series of Doctor Who.

John Simm says: “I can confirm that it’s true, thanks to the power of time travel I’m back. It’s always a pleasure to work with this great team of people and I can’t wait for you all to see what the Master gets up to in the next series. “

Steven Moffat, writer and executive producer, says: "Nothing stays secret for long on Doctor Who but you'll have to wait a little bit longer to see exactly what the Master is up to and how he makes his return to face the Doctor. It’s been a huge pleasure to have fan favourites John Simm and Michelle Gomez face to face in the same role! It’s not often you get to see a solo personality clash."

John Simm was last seen as the Master on New Year’s Day 2010. Viewers will have to wait to see exactly when and how the Master will return to the new series, which starts on Saturday 15 April at 7:20pm on BBC One.

As previously announced, Doctor Who series 10 will also star Michelle Gomez as Missy – a later regeneration of the Master. Other returning foes include the Daleks, the Ice Warriors and – returning for the first time in over 50 years – the Mondasian Cybermen. An exciting line up of new faces and adversaries will debut across the series, including adorable-but-deadly Emojibots and David Suchet as the Landlord.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gregzs
Getbig V
*****
Posts: 8603


Getbig!


« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2017, 08:29:44 PM »

'Jewel in the Crown' actor Tim Pigott-Smith dies at 70

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/jewel-in-the-crown-actor-tim-pigott-smith-dies-at-70/ar-BBzxGxn?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

LONDON — Tim Pigott-Smith, a versatile British actor who recently played Prince Charles on stage and screen, has died at the age of 70.

The actor's agent, John Grant, says Pigott-Smith died Friday. Grant called him "one of the great actors of his generation ... a gentleman and a true friend."

Pigott-Smith was already a veteran of stage and screen when he came to international attention as a sadistic police officer in British-controlled India in the 1980s miniseries "The Jewel in the Crown."

The show became a global sensation, and Pigott-Smith said it "changed my life."

Born in Rugby, central England in 1946, Pigott-Smith trained at the Bristol Old Vic theater school and built up a diverse career on stage, television and film. He became a regular on British TV screens in everything from "Doctor Who" to "Downton Abbey," and had roles in movies including "V for Vendetta," ''Gangs Of New York" and the James Bond thriller "Quantum Of Solace."

He is due to appear onscreen with Judi Dench in Stephen Frears' historical drama "Victoria and Abdul," due for release in Britain in September.

He recently won Olivier and Tony award nominations for the London and New York runs of the play "King Charles III," which imagines disastrous events after the current heir to the British throne becomes king. He reprised the role for a TV adaptation.

Pigott-Smith is survived by his wife Pamela Miles and their son Tom.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!